2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS5 slim 500GB is the same value as the normal PS4 at $165. PS4 Slim 1 TB is $192.50. that's all before the $50 bonus. So I guess it depends on what you thought it was worth.

I really dislike the way the workers assume a promo is not active. I get there is a lot of stress and stuff to remember as an employee. It seems like it would be easier to get their customers to trade in their stuff if they just had a way to pull up current bonuses on their registers.

50% should last until the 11th as others have said:

N14tzpS.png

When does the CAG support group meet?
1am EST when the promos changeover!

B2G2 + Elite 20% + cag16 + slickdeals16 + Rakuten 15% cashback.

Good times.
Yep, I wasn't even cool enough for elite's extra 10%, but for me the pinnacle of CAGin was buying games to flip for amazon credit. I think I sold two of these to amazon, and (sadly) traded in the other 2 back to Gamestop the next +5 :hot:

ZkI3Y0w.png

Lost Judgement is back to black friday price of $29.99 for current gen, Yakuza remastered collection ps4 is also back to $19.99
MLB the show xbox one series x is $8.49 :shock:
Dark Pictures Anthology House of Ashes is $19.99 for current gen

On a side note I posted earlier about my missing black friday package. Everyone was correct it was fedex AND i found it in my backyard. Not sure why they threw it over the fence of my backyard instead of walking to my front door like normal delivery
I wonder why Xbox one is so much cheaper then PlayStation for mlb the show?

I really dislike the way the workers assume a promo is not active. I get there is a lot of stress and stuff to remember as an employee. It seems like it would be easier to get their customers to trade in their stuff if they just had a way to pull up current bonuses on their registers.
What they're probably avoiding is telling customers there's a promo, finding out it's been stopped early or no longer applies (since this info is barely posted anywhere) and then being on the hook with an irate customer insisting they have to sell them a bunch of games with a promotion or TIV they "guaranteed" or some nonsense. Works in their favor to be surprised when a promo works

Been outta the game for a few years - when did they pull TIVs from the app? Assuming it just made it too easy to abuse but man was it a lot easier then calling for values.

If anyone still talks to blackbeard on discord or something, wish that man a happy holiday. Sent that man a few nice tips for all the good he did me back in the day

Been outta the game for a few years - when did they pull TIVs from the app? Assuming it just made it too easy to abuse but man was it a lot easier then calling for values.

If anyone still talks to blackbeard on discord or something, wish that man a happy holiday. Sent that man a few nice tips for all the good he did me back in the day
they removed it recently, but its on the site still

Still showing $27.50 for me on the website. Hopefully you made friends with your employees and they price match for you, like they did for me at 3 different stores over 3 days. They have to adjust the trade value to $17.25 so it comes out to about $27.50 with the +50%.
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/details/?pid=11114710
The values on the website and the app are base values, the pro value includes 10% extra. You had them incorrectly adjust the value for you.

Assuming RE8 has a base value of $25 and a pro value of $27.50 with the 50% trade-in promo a pro member would get $40.

You need either better and/or more knowledgeable "friends" at your local stores.

Anyone know why there is a different trade value for Madden 22 for "Xbox One" vs "Xbox Series X" (the "Xbox One" is worth less in trade)?  My copy says it's for both the Xbox One and Series X.  Also, looking at the for-sale prices, the "Series X" version is $26/24 and the "Xbox One" version is $40/38.  So odd.

Did anyone by any chance purchase SMTV Steelbook edition in store on Sunday or Monday? I’m curious if it rings up at 36.99 in store without having to price match

I only got smtv because I was thinking it might be one of those switch games that goes down in price once and then stays high after but knowing my luck it'll probably get ported to ps4 next year like DQ11 but I waited to get that on ps4

The values on the website and the app are base values, the pro value includes 10% extra. You had them incorrectly adjust the value for you.

Assuming RE8 has a base value of $25 and a pro value of $27.50 with the 50% trade-in promo a pro member would get $40.

You need either better and/or more knowledgeable "friends" at your local stores.

Getting my friends to give me $40 tic for a game they are selling for $20 new would likely get them fired. So I have problem getting $27.50 for them.

Anyone know why there is a different trade value for Madden 22 for "Xbox One" vs "Xbox Series X" (the "Xbox One" is worth less in trade)? My copy says it's for both the Xbox One and Series X. Also, looking at the for-sale prices, the "Series X" version is $26/24 and the "Xbox One" version is $40/38. So odd.
Xbox One is last-gen and $10 cheaper than the Series X version. The Xbox One version is backwards compatible on Series X whereas the Series X version is strictly for that console. As for the on sale prices being different, Gamestop gonna Gamestop lol.

Xbox One is last-gen and $10 cheaper than the Series X version. The Xbox One version is backwards compatible on Series X whereas the Series X version is strictly for that console. As for the on sale prices being different, Gamestop gonna Gamestop lol.
Oh ok so my disc will play on Series X but it'll be the less nice version. That's really confusing the way they labeled it. I remember last year they gave you the PS5 and Series X versions with the older console versions.

So did GS turn off reward points on trades again? The reason I ask is I was in line to buy Chorus yesterday & one of the other regulars at my store was pissed off b/c he had traded in his PS4 Pro Black Friday weekend & had gotten zero points. He had been at the store once before that day & they told him to call customer service, & customer service apparently had told him only the stores could fix his issue.

idk but the stores around me barely have anything so i feel like they will have to keep running trade promos

Having a hard time pulling the trigger on 13 Sentinels, even at $20. Any chance this game falls to $10 in the near future, or is $20 about the lowest it goes?

I think the digital version will fall lower, though not soon. A new version with additions has already been announced for Switch. Dragons Crown Pro on PSN is as low as $4.99 when it's discounted.

Having a hard time pulling the trigger on 13 Sentinels, even at $20. Any chance this game falls to $10 in the near future, or is $20 about the lowest it goes?
It was 15 a year ago last black friday for the original print version with the outer box and art book at best buy. They've apparently reprinted it twice since as prior it was going for around 45-65 new due to going out of stock. Not sure if it will go that low again.

Worth the $30 low point last year. At some point, this one will just go OOS and likely go up in price.

I tend not to wait around for Atlus. You can buy it and just hold the receipt and do a price match?

any word on if Halo is going to be G2L? i don't really want it since i've got gamepass but if it is I'll pickup my pre-order and convert some points to trade credit....if not i'll just eventually move the $5 i've got on it from trade bonuses to something else...

just annoying because i did these trades just a few days before the 50% bonus started and then i didn't need to make a BS pre-order

I just got a Gamestop email within the last hour featuring Halo Infinite. It mentions getting up to $300 for your Xbox. Get $50 extra when you sell your Xbox One. No start or end date listed.

Is there an extended return period for used games right now?   If so, anyone have success returning used games beyond 7 days? 

I just got a Gamestop email within the last hour featuring Halo Infinite. It mentions getting up to $300 for your Xbox. Get $50 extra when you sell your Xbox One. No start or end date listed.
I'd love to get some firm confirmation one way or another whether the $50 bonus for PS4 slims (non-pro) is still in effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back