2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys may like this.  I took my SMT V steelbook back since I was within 30 days, and returned it for the $60 I paid for it, and repurchased it for $37.  There must have been a game coin for it, because during black friday weekend I went to buy that Akiba's Trip 10th anniversary game, and I had a $10 coupon in it from my active offers.  Additionally, the clerk was nice enough to recommend I add my $5 cert to the purchase, so in the end my OOP cost for the game ended up being $22, after accounting for that $10 coupon.  

You guys may like this. I took my SMT V steelbook back since I was within 30 days, and returned it for the $60 I paid for it, and repurchased it for $37. There must have been a game coin for it, because during black friday weekend I went to buy that Akiba's Trip 10th anniversary game, and I had a $10 coupon in it from my active offers. Additionally, the clerk was nice enough to recommend I add my $5 cert to the purchase, so in the end my OOP cost for the game ended up being $22, after accounting for that $10 coupon.
I do like that, that's a nice set of events there.

You guys may like this. I took my SMT V steelbook back since I was within 30 days, and returned it for the $60 I paid for it, and repurchased it for $37. There must have been a game coin for it, because during black friday weekend I went to buy that Akiba's Trip 10th anniversary game, and I had a $10 coupon in it from my active offers. Additionally, the clerk was nice enough to recommend I add my $5 cert to the purchase, so in the end my OOP cost for the game ended up being $22, after accounting for that $10 coupon.
Was your copy opened or still sealed? I had them price match walmart's website and used certificates to get it to the price it is now. Any chance they can refund and apply the coupons to the new price?

Was your copy opened or still sealed? I had them price match walmart's website and used certificates to get it to the price it is now. Any chance they can refund and apply the coupons to the new price?
Coupons/certs are a one time use iirc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tails of Iron Crimson Knight Edition on PS5 $25 for anyone interested. I want it for Xbox myself, but finding it harder to resist a great sale price on physical. . .

6468734ld.jpg

I wonder if the email saying "$50 extra credit on Xbox" I got yesterday applies to make the total $50 more than the new trade-in value or if it is included in the new trade-in value.

theres no way they are paying 325 for a used switch

so i think what it is on the site is what it is now no extras

xyzmXuB.png

Sarcasm???? I figured maybe they have no stock and maybe just want to sell bundles but still seems very ungamestop like.

So who is going to test the Switch TIV? 😅 Even $275 is good for those out of warranty. Getting a new system, Joycons, and PUR points evens out the difference.

Yeah if it's that much it is pretty tempting. Especially since I got mine for less than that around the time smash released as it's a tradition of mine to buy the bundle Newegg always does.

Is everyone able to see trade values online? Every game I look up says "No trade values could be found for this item". It has been this way for about 2 weeks. 

theres no way they are paying 325 for a used switch

so i think what it is on the site is what it is now no extras
I got $360 for my AC Switch after shipping and fees, but that would've been tempting as heck if they actually paid that to avoid dealing with online marketplaces

Is everyone able to see trade values online? Every game I look up says "No trade values could be found for this item". It has been this way for about 2 weeks.
Use the trade in option in the sidebar and search within that.

Or on a pc click the trade in option next to the main search bar, then video games and you can search within that.

I've had luck using google instead of the search function on the main website. Type in the name of the game followed by trade in value and gamestop and should be able to see the value.

I just checked another thread on the GS console trade deals and someone reported on Monday that the extra $50 was dead.  I have a Series X to pick up, and for $380, I'd consider trading in my Gears 5 XB1X, even though I absolutely love the design of it.  Oh well

I just called my 2 local gamestops. They claim you would get 275 for your non Oled model, which still seems to good to be true.

Anyone trade it in for an OLED yet? I'm tempted to go do it, but I don't have a second switch to hold my Pokemon and Splatoon saves so unless they have it there I can't really do much.

Switch OLED is trading for upto $220 store credit while the non OLED models are trading for $275. What a crazy world. Obviously nobody would trade in their new OLED but still.

Before I trade in my switch, is there a way to mass upload all my save files to the cloud or do I have to do it one by one.
If you have Switch online it should all auto-backup. Check your cloud saves menu in the settings. Keep in mind some games don't support it with the most well known being Splatoon and Pokemon.

Anyone trade it in for an OLED yet? I'm tempted to go do it, but I don't have a second switch to hold my Pokemon and Splatoon saves so unless they have it there I can't really do much.
Some employees understand that and will let you do it. Idk how common that is with holiday seasonal staff and holiday shopping crowds, but it's worth asking if that's something you want to do and can find a store that has OLEDs

Before I trade in my switch, is there a way to mass upload all my save files to the cloud or do I have to do it one by one.
Just be careful. There's a small number of games that don't support cloud backup and you have to transfer those separately. There is a Nintendo support article that lists the specific titles and what you have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back