2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
How often did you check? I feel like after a year I would have just given up
Checked last month actually. My buddy put in his notice after 15 years and when he called me with the news I asked for a check one more time for old times sake. Found out I was finally free. No more hassling my wife when I need to trade

I apologize for the stupidity, but I just renewed my PUR sub since the $5 monthly cert started. How/when can I use that? I don't see anywhere on the site or app that designates the details.
If you just signed up it's not available until the 1st of the following month, so January 1st. You should get 10k in PUR points for signing up as well within 72 hours.

Update on my situation with the trade ban - have heard nothing from them on Twitter, and have yet to find a CSR that is helpful either. Next time I'm near a GameStop, I'm going to walk in and see if I can have someone pull my information. I have a feeling this will be a pointless process, as most of us know that logic is not a strongpoint for this company.

Also, unrelated - but I'd be hesitant to dump an extra $10-15 for a renewed Pro membership. I feel like this company is a coffin on rollerskates, and they are absolutely bleeding money per recent business news. 

Update on my situation with the trade ban - have heard nothing from them on Twitter, and have yet to find a CSR that is helpful either. Next time I'm near a GameStop, I'm going to walk in and see if I can have someone pull my information. I have a feeling this will be a pointless process, as most of us know that logic is not a strongpoint for this company.

Also, unrelated - but I'd be hesitant to dump an extra $10-15 for a renewed Pro membership. I feel like this company is a coffin on rollerskates, and they are absolutely bleeding money per recent business news.
They can't see anything in store that is going to help you, did you ever check your rewards activity to see if you have a note explaining your ban?

Gamestop has 1.5 billion dollars in cash and no debt, the company isn't going anywhere anytime soon. What business news did you think you saw that said otherwise?

Did you message GameStop's main Twitter or their help page?

If you just did the main page I'd try this one

https://mobile.twitter.com/GameStopHelp

Any ideas why some games don't show up when searching trade-in values? Example, Hyrule Warriors - Age of Calamity did not appear on their list for many months and now Lost Judgment is a no show. Sure sure, I could always call them but that would involve actually using my phone for it's original purpose. 

game doesnt have a preowned listing on the site

i called about lost judgment and they told me like 10 bucks the other day

whatever it is right now its not worth it.

Yes, I’ve tried my rewards account on the app and there is nothing listed either. Will just take my business elsewhere.
Somehow, I don’t think they’ll be too concerned about losing the “business” of someone that got banned…Also, good luck with shopping at the other major videogame retailer.

Question about the delay in refund was already answered. To address your other question:

Most of the things wrong with the company are countermeasures taken for survivability against all the flipper scum. The GS customers who make the most transactions are unscrupulous scoundrels whose behavior forces GS to change their policies. For example, my gf and I have copies of the same game; I brought mine for a trade in during the 50% bonus because it was sealed and I hadn't played it, and the store manager told me they can't accept sealed games because people steal games from other stores to bring there directly for trades.

Whenever I post that hot take, someone screeches about corporate sympathizing. But it's fact that people reap what they sow when they face obstacles after exploiting the system.
There was an incident in Memphis about a decade ago where police did a sting operation taking sealed games into GameStop, saying they were stolen, and the GS employees still taking them, and they arrested the employees b/c taking in known stolen merchandise is against the law. GS cracked down on taking in sealed merchandise ever since.

If you had your receipt, the GS employee could have still given you the trade value for the game because if an issue arose the employee would be on camera looking at your receipt, but that is a caveat to the rules most employees aren't going to know b/c most GS employees now have less than 1 year experience.

Do they still have that 'surveys-for-points' thing hidden away somewhere on the website? I'm 10 points away from a $25 cert (that's right - 24,990/25,000) that I was hoping to use today.

Has anyone tested the 50% in store trade in that was supposed to go through today? I don't see it referenced on their website at all and not seeing a ton about if its confirmed still going. 

Tried to trade in Resident Evil Village for PS5 on Wednesday but they were only giving me $16, not the $25 plus 50%. Gonna try another store today.

Do they still have that 'surveys-for-points' thing hidden away somewhere on the website? I'm 10 points away from a $25 cert (that's right - 24,990/25,000) that I was hoping to use today.
Sadly I don’t think there’s anything you can do for immediate points.

Yesterday the employees got a good laugh when they saw my point balance. [attachment=36482:6FC6280A-50E8-4848-8599-F0705FFE3F27.jpeg]

There was an incident in Memphis about a decade ago where police did a sting operation taking sealed games into GameStop, saying they were stolen, and the GS employees still taking them, and they arrested the employees b/c taking in known stolen merchandise is against the law. GS cracked down on taking in sealed merchandise ever since.

If you had your receipt, the GS employee could have still given you the trade value for the game because if an issue arose the employee would be on camera looking at your receipt, but that is a caveat to the rules most employees aren't going to know b/c most GS employees now have less than 1 year experience.
Worst store in the company/country no question. Ole Perkins/American Way. There simply wasn’t an employee that was hired there that wasn’t fired.

Except one. He took the job as store manager and was robbed on day one going to the bank, and had his car stolen on day two. He resigned on day three.

Any ideas why some games don't show up when searching trade-in values? Example, Hyrule Warriors - Age of Calamity did not appear on their list for many months and now Lost Judgment is a no show. Sure sure, I could always call them but that would involve actually using my phone for it's original purpose.
Traded Lost Judgment (PS4) for $11 base credit on Friday.

Somehow, I don’t think they’ll be too concerned about losing the “business” of someone that got banned…Also, good luck with shopping at the other major videogame retailer.
Not sure why the snarky comment was needed? I simply said I won't be shopping there in the future - no need to jump on me for no reason.

Hang on, Gamestop killed the weekly ad...and this was a physical, printed one?
Hi anything else good in it? Thanks.
The manager who gave it to me is always hooking me up. He tells me when hes getting consoles too. Hes just an all around nice guy.

It's one sheet front and back. Highlights:

The previously mentioned Switch trade promo

"Select Switch games save $20" - shows NSMBU, Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis, and Luigi's mansion

AC Valhalla for Xbox/PS4/PS5: $15 (that was what he mentioned when he handed me the ad)

B3G2 free on preowned games less than $20

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut $40 (PS4/PS5)

B2G1 50% off Toys, board games, and trading cards (exclusions apply)

25% off trading cards (excludes Pokemon)

Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD 1TB $180

Some other stuff but not a lot. Says deals are valid 12/12-12/18

https://imgur.com/a/Tp3DJ8F

Nothing on funkos? Thanks.

The manager who gave it to me is always hooking me up. He tells me when hes getting consoles too. Hes just an all around nice guy.

It's one sheet front and back. Highlights:

The previously mentioned Switch trade promo

"Select Switch games save $20" - shows NSMBU, Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis, and Luigi's mansion

AC Valhalla for Xbox/PS4/PS5: $15 (that was what he mentioned when he handed me the ad)

B3G2 free on preowned games less than $20

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut $40 (PS4/PS5)

B2G1 50% off Toys, board games, and trading cards (exclusions apply)

25% off trading cards (excludes Pokemon)

Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD 1TB $180

Some other stuff but not a lot. Says deals are valid 12/12-12/18

Thanks for advising about the double dip on the $5 everyone. Got $5 eShop credit in store, and then $5 off Age of Calamity DLC online after. 

My store had a flyer printout that said Dec 14th or 15th can’t remember exactly, but no earlier than the 14th.
So I went to two more gamestops today and one said the 14th, then the other one had flyers saying the 11th was the last day, so YMMV but it appears the bonus 50% may end today for at least some stores. That’s assuming it isn’t extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back