2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange, maybe check your active offers and see if there's anything there. Things display like that for me when I have my $5 monthly, but looks like some games are showing discounted at $15 for you
Only thing shown is "In-Store only reward

*PUR Pro Only - December - $5 Pro Certificate - Get $5 Off 1 Item - V2
Expires on 12/31/2021"

I order 3 of them hoping one would be sealed. they were all open gutted floor copies. One had a sticker on the side the other two didn't. Also one of the games came crushed, the case pretty much fell in pieces when i took it out of the bag lol.
All of mine came like that too, except for the one I posted a picture of, and another one which was delivered to a different state for some reason. Not a single sealed one.

Four of the games I ordered came in those little yellow disc sleeves, no case. What was also sort of funny was that they were shipped in a box not an envelope.

Can you not use the $5 monthly coupon with an online rewards certificate (of different denominations)?

And the b2g1 sale seems to cancel out the use of any certificate (rewards/monthly), I'm assuming there is no work around online?

When I'm signed into my account and click on the PS5 Video Game section, I'm seeing weird prices. Is anyone seeing the same? I wonder if there anyway to get them prices?
I am seeing some weird prices to and I already used my $5 monthly reward

Anyone know anything about the current trade in values? I see that I can trade in a One S for $220 at the moment. Is this a boosted value due to some sort of promotion? Can't find anything about it. Curious if I should rush to trade in or if I can wait until the weekend and those prices would stay the same.

Anyone know anything about the current trade in values? I see that I can trade in a One S for $220 at the moment. Is this a boosted value due to some sort of promotion? Can't find anything about it. Curious if I should rush to trade in or if I can wait until the weekend and those prices would stay the same.
No one knows. Why wait? They might be closed for New Years.

If your satisfied with the $220 trade-in amount then don't hesitate and trade it in as you never know when values can change unless its a listed promotion.

I traded in my Xbox One X for $330 credit last night after being able to order a Series X from Best Buy earlier in the day. Process was smooth and easy.

I'm on vacation, but I plan to sell my PS4 Pro now that I have a PS5. Recouping 80% what I paid to go towards games, accessories and a Steam Deck is better than having a dust collector.

Turned away at the door of my local Gamestop today for a new 10 person occupancy limit that they weren't enforcing last week. This is in a state where that's not a mandatory rule right now (Massachusetts). Seemed like there were only two actual guests browsing but they had brought their whole families along. Didn't feel like waiting. So it looks like the retail experience is gearing up to get a lot more fun again. Just waiting at this point for trade ins to approach zero and for the limited hours and curbside pickups only rules to hit.

Turned away at the door of my local Gamestop today for a new 10 person occupancy limit that they weren't enforcing last week. This is in a state where that's not a mandatory rule right now (Massachusetts). Seemed like there were only two actual guests browsing but they had brought their whole families along. Didn't feel like waiting. So it looks like the retail experience is gearing up to get a lot more fun again. Just waiting for the limited hours and curbside pickups only rules to hit.
My wife was at sams clubs this morning a few minutes before they closed due to covid related staff shortages. They told her two other sams clubs in the area had closed already.

Turned away at the door of my local Gamestop today for a new 10 person occupancy limit that they weren't enforcing last week. This is in a state where that's not a mandatory rule right now (Massachusetts). Seemed like there were only two actual guests browsing but they had brought their whole families along. Didn't feel like waiting. So it looks like the retail experience is gearing up to get a lot more fun again. Just waiting at this point for trade ins to approach zero and for the limited hours and curbside pickups only rules to hit.
Were you at the Downtown Boston store by any chance? I'm asking because they have been enforcing the 10 person rule for months now.

The 10 person limit is for larger stores. Smaller stores are limited to just 5 customers. It's in effect for every store now or will be soon. Don't bring the kids unless you're making a quick stop.

There's worker shortages everywhere. It's kinda crazy but makes sense given how little any of them pay as well as hours being part time so they can avoid having to give health benefits if they offer them.

Tons of people retired early, childcare is costing so much that in some situation it make sense to stay home and watch your own kids, and a lot of people also passed away from Covid.

Tons of people retired early, childcare is costing so much that in some situation it make sense to stay home and watch your own kids, and a lot of people also passed away from Covid.
When I was a baby my Mom had a good job in the medical field. But ended up switching to daycare, because the place she was dropping me off at, would smoke around me. With my Asthma I was coughing all the time. She tried to reason with her, Which she claimed she wouldn't smoke around me. But she did, and my Mom quit. So she could watch me (and my two sisters) at the time. Plus she earned good money then, and the daycare she had was really good until she quit 15 years later.

But OTOH, Does GS still do store transfers? If I find a game, I want at another GS far away and have it transferred to my local GS??

they will only do that kind of thing if youre real chummy with them
dont expect some random employee to pull strings for you

they will only do that kind of thing if youre real chummy with them
dont expect some random employee to pull strings for you
Years ago, I had wanted two fat A01 PS3 Models, on hand. Found a few different GS with them (Nowhere close lol). 1 came fine, the next two came broken. Third one was a E01 (Software Emulation) Last one was fine. Was told that wasn't being allowed anymore. So I guess, I screwed it for everyone. But in reality its whoever shipped those 2 PS3's like that fault tbh lol. Plus the E01 looked super grimy and dirty. Looked like it had sawdust all over it, and the MC slot cover was missing. The two A01's, I got still has the warranty sticker on them with the original Sixaxis controllers.

When I was a baby my Mom had a good job in the medical field. But ended up switching to daycare, because the place she was dropping me off at, would smoke around me. With my Asthma I was coughing all the time. She tried to reason with her, Which she claimed she wouldn't smoke around me. But she did, and my Mom quit. So she could watch me (and my two sisters) at the time. Plus she earned good money then, and the daycare she had was really good until she quit 15 years later.

But OTOH, Does GS still do store transfers? If I find a game, I want at another GS far away and have it transferred to my local GS??
They are being told not to since the pandemic hit. More importantly shipping is pretted effed at the moment.

Plus it really depends. The store has to pay shipping that they cannot pass onto you, so unless it is OOS nearby and OOS online, it better be an expensive game.

That's $5 more than what I traded it for 2 months ago. Do it if you can't sell it for more locally.

Does OnTrac ever follow through with their investigations or is it just BS? The two packages they said they delivered last week, subsequently admitted to not delivering them based on the driver's GPS info, and that they'd investigate/respond with 24 hours... still hasn't resulted in anything. I called yesterday (3 business days after my initial call) and they said they're backed up and I'd have a response by tomorrow. 

Just curious if I should bother waiting or contact GS... 

Does OnTrac ever follow through with their investigations or is it just BS? The two packages they said they delivered last week, subsequently admitted to not delivering them based on the driver's GPS info, and that they'd investigate/respond with 24 hours... still hasn't resulted in anything. I called yesterday (3 business days after my initial call) and they said they're backed up and I'd have a response by tomorrow.

Just curious if I should bother waiting or contact GS...
My OnTrac package became "missing" at one of the OnTrac facility. Every day it would say out for delivery. I requested an investigation and they closed it telling me to contact Best Buy for help. Total items lost were 7 games from 2020 Black Friday sale.

My OnTrac package became "missing" at one of the OnTrac facility. Every day it would say out for delivery. I requested an investigation and they closed it telling me to contact Best Buy for help. Total items lost were 7 games from 2020 Black Friday sale.
Way to dig your user account out of the woodwork. Member since 2003!

I ordered preowned Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, and Returnal for PS5 with the B2G1Free and Ghost of Tsushima and Ratchet and Clank came sealed with a preowned sticker slapped on the back.

Went and exchanged my copy of the The Surge that was supposed to be The Surge 2. Ended up with a new Limited Edition copy with a cool cover and a some artbook and stuff. Pleasantly surprised. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back