The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

I traded some games (and others I had them check the price and kept) at BBV, I'll mention the ones I haven't seen talked about in a while:

Bad Company - 35
The Orange Box - 15
Viking - 15

Wii

Geometry Wars - 6
Bust a move -20

And after reviewing my receipts, here is an interesting (upsetting for me) side note. The BBV clerk did not scan/include my Cabela Trophy Bucks on my trade-in, though it was kept by the store. Awesome... I believe I'm the only one in the area, so I may be able to go in and make my case and get the credit, but damn does that suck. Even more interesting, as I typed the last sentence a terrential downpour has occured (Thanks Gustav - Not in the path of the hurricane, just catching all the crap it is whipping out on the East Side of the storm).

Edit - After further investigation I found Trophy Bucks in one of the Gamestop bags - whew. Guess its better to be a dumbass as opposed to being cheated?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lyric706']Found a Wii Fit at my GR today. Can't decide whether to keep it or try to sell ...[/quote]

Unless you plan on selling it ASAP on Ebay w/ free shipping or for a little more than retail locally ($100 - $115) you're better off keeping it for yourself. At the very least waiting until the holiday season to get rid of it for an actual profit because TRU has received new shipments (30 or so) during the past couple of weeks.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Unless you plan on selling it ASAP on Ebay w/ free shipping or for a little more than retail locally ($100 - $115) you're better off keeping it for yourself. At the very least waiting until the holiday season to get rid of it for an actual profit because TRU has received new shipments (30 or so) during the past couple of weeks.[/quote]
Target had an ass-load of them too; never seen so many happy overweight women. I wonder if they understand they'll actually have to do some exercise to see any benefit. Happy fat women, there is no greater joy.

[quote name='autche']Target had an ass-load of them too; never seen so many happy overweight women. I wonder if they understand they'll actually have to do some exercise to see any benefit. Happy fat women, there is no greater joy.[/QUOTE]

the same fat women who go out and order fat-laden salads and think they are eating healthy? nahh, can't be

[quote name='Unickuta']At mine it's stil $44.99, it's very YYMV.[/quote]

Did it scan at that price? I bought this about a week ago for $34.99 at BBV used and they had copies that were marked at $44.99 and $34.99 as well.

[quote name='autche']Target had an ass-load of them too; never seen so many happy overweight women. I wonder if they understand they'll actually have to do some exercise to see any benefit. Happy fat women, there is no greater joy.[/quote]

Dude, you're a f*cking creature. I have never read anything so beastly on these boards. That made my morning, haha.

[quote name='Unickuta']At mine it's stil $44.99, it's very YYMV.[/quote]

Not YMMV, its company-wide. The price is based on the system, not the incompetence of the employees.

I printed out the 360, Wii & PS3 list from the EB 30% bonus thread, I'm headed to a few gamerush & bb's so i'll hopefully have some good flips.

Back in a few hours, wish me luck!

Just called for Need for Speed: Pro Street and Turok. Both busts at a $16.24->$15.

Good luck Bezerker. Make us proud by finding some cheap games!

my local blockbuster got robbed, rock through the window and they ravaged most of the games so that sucks for this deal, i gotta travel to the other bb's

[quote name='nietzsche74']Just called one of my local Gamestops and they just confirmed the trade 3 (next-gen) get $15 deal![/quote]

i think you mean 'current gen'

Since tomorrow i'll be hitting up 5 others Gamerushes, and the two I planned on going to today are on the way, I decided to hold off the big trip until tomorrow.

I hit up 2 Blockbusters, not much good stuff. Unfortunately i'm an idiot and only traded 11 games, making 2 of them not qualify. Didnt notice it until I got home. Below are what flips I was able to find (values after edge/bonus):

Cars: $9.99 -> $8.30
Enchanted Arms: $14.99 -> $11.60
Golden COmpass: $9.99 -> $7.75
Spiderman: FoF: $12.99 -> $10.50
Star Trek Legacy: $14.99 -> $10.50
Superman Returns: $9.99 -> $7.75
Tony Hawk Proving Ground: $14.99 -> $12.70
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $8.30
Virtua Tennis 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
WWE SvR 07: $9.99 -> $8.30

Wii:
DBZ Budokai 3: $14.99 -> $10.50

Pretty lack-luster list. Tomorrow should be a lot better since I know Gamerush has tons of the money-making Wii flips.

here is some stuff i have found so far that is good for gs 3/15 promo based on other thread tiv.

lego star wars 2 10 - 12.70
phantasy star universe 10 - 10.50
virtua tennis 3 10 - 10.50
beautiful katamari 10 - 11.60
edf 7 - 10.50
meet the robinsons 7 - 9.40
bullet witch 10 - 9.40
devil may cry 4 15 - 16?
golden compass 10 - 9.40
smackdown vs raw 07 10 - 9.40
spiderman fof 13 - 10.50
tomb raider legend 10 - 9.40
tony hawk proving ground 15 - 12.70
top spin 2 10 - 9.40

wii
metal slug anthology 10 - 12.70
red steel 10 - 10.50
geometry wars 10 - 14.90
rayman 2 17 - 21.50

if anyone else can help me add to it that would be great.

[quote name='frankcastle']here is some stuff i have found so far that is good for gs 3/15 promo based on other thread tiv.

devil may cry 4 15 - 16?
[/quote]

I dunno if that price is correct. I've never seen it tagged that low (never had it checked either though). Also, they were re-pricing the new copies yesterday from $35 up to $40. They had a stack of price change stuff and said some were going up, some down, effective today. DMC4 was the only one I inquired about, but I recall seeing Dark Sector and RSV2.... no idea if they went up or down; and again, talking about new copies.

Trade-Ins Today:

Bladestorm - 35
Cabela's Big Game Hunter - 22
Cablea's Trophy Bucks - 22
Fatal Inertia - 25

Gonna start patrolling the BBs for Wii games for the deal now. Found a Metal Slug and I know where another one is along with a Rayman 2 at a far off BB. I figure Wii games are the way to go because besides a few choice 360 titles the best you can hope for is a small loss. Plus, I've already picked those 360 titles over long ago. ;)

[quote name='frankcastle']here is some stuff i have found so far that is good for gs 3/15 promo based on other thread tiv.

lego star wars 2 10 - 12.70
phantasy star universe 10 - 10.50
virtua tennis 3 10 - 10.50
beautiful katamari 10 - 11.60
edf 7 - 10.50
meet the robinsons 7 - 9.40
bullet witch 10 - 9.40
devil may cry 4 15 - 16?
golden compass 10 - 9.40
smackdown vs raw 07 10 - 9.40
spiderman fof 13 - 10.50
tomb raider legend 10 - 9.40
tony hawk proving ground 15 - 12.70
top spin 2 10 - 9.40

wii
metal slug anthology 10 - 12.70
red steel 10 - 10.50
geometry wars 10 - 14.90
rayman 2 17 - 21.50

if anyone else can help me add to it that would be great.[/quote]

Thanks for that list, I'm heading to my local BB to see if they have any.

this doesnt seem like its that great of a deal. Your basically breakin even if your moving credit from bb to GS. Kind of wish they had the B1G1 at bb. Does anyone else feel the same or am i missing something?? Please let me know

[quote name='akokonas']this doesnt seem like its that great of a deal. Your basically breakin even if your moving credit from bb to GS. Kind of wish they had the B1G1 at bb. Does anyone else feel the same or am i missing something?? Please let me know[/quote]

that was a rare occasion where you actually made credit going from bb-->gs. usually you happy getting a 1:1 transfer. i think the b1g1 spoiled a lot of people ;)

[quote name='akokonas']this doesnt seem like its that great of a deal. Your basically breakin even if your moving credit from bb to GS. Kind of wish they had the B1G1 at bb. Does anyone else feel the same or am i missing something?? Please let me know[/quote]

The B1G1 coinciding with the GS deal was a perfect storm rarity. I'm still a novice, but I've found with GS coupons and BBV's better trade-in values, it's easier to multiply GS credit into BBV credit. This deal allows you to at least break even in flipping the credit back to GS. You're not going to amass a ton of money, but it's a decent play.

If you set your baseline for good deals by the July windfall, be ready to be unimpressed by the vast majority of flipping deals.

[quote name='frankcastle']geometry wars 10 - 14.90
[/quote]

Geometry Wars actually gets $6 base TIV at GS and not the reported $9 TIV found in the GS thread. It is still a good transfer $9.99 -> $11.60 after Edge and bonus.

Sucks that Fatal Inertia's TIV dropped to $25. I get charged tax on store credit purchases (i'm in CA) and it would be $17.58 -> $25. Not worth it in my opinion.

The goal is pretty much to break even. Since GS still have flips, its better to use credit than cash. Heres how it should go:

1. Buy 1 copy of Cabela X for $12

2. Turn that $12 cash into $22 BB

3. Turn the $22 BB into $22 GS

4. Buy another Cabela game for $12

5. Trade it into BB, You turned $12 into $10 GS & $22 BB.

Aparently Bioshock gets $12 before bonus, so it should be $19.99 -> $18.20, which is not bad at all, especially considering every BB by me has 5 copies of Bioshock.

[quote name='Bezerker']The goal is pretty much to break even. Since GS still have flips, its better to use credit than cash. Heres how it should go:

1. Buy 1 copy of Cabela X for $12

2. Turn that $12 cash into $22 BB

3. Turn the $22 BB into $22 GS

4. Buy another Cabela game for $12

5. Trade it into BB, You turned $12 into $10 GS & $22 BB.

Aparently Bioshock gets $12 before bonus, so it should be $19.99 -> $18.20, which is not bad at all, especially considering every BB by me has 5 copies of Bioshock.[/quote]

Yep, this is why we are happy to convert BB to GS 1:1. Because you can use that GS credit to build up more BBV credit.

Or, there are some that prefer to have credit built up in GS. Use BBV more generous trade in values and basically xfer it over to GS evenly, or at a very small loss. Much smaller than if you had just traded in the games to GS directly.

If I'd have known Bioshock's GS value, I would have bought one. But as it stands, all I picked up was Geometry Wars.... so now I need two more to go with it.

[quote name='Bezerker']Aparently Bioshock gets $12 before bonus, so it should be $19.99 -> $18.20, which is not bad at all, especially considering every BB by me has 5 copies of Bioshock.[/quote]

Ah good every Blockbuster does have at least 5 copies around here it seems. I'll probably pick up two of those and now just have to find one title that will get me close to breaking even. I know I saw a Cars at one BB I was at today and that will only cost me two bucks with tax, so I'll have enough credit to pick up the rest of the Cabela's games around me tomorrow.

Someone should really check the Gamestop TIV for Fear Files (360), since it's $25 used at GS while only $15 at GR. Games that GS charges $25 for have been known to sometimes get $8-$9 in credit.

So no game sale at my local BB, but they did have Mercenaries 2, so I used my free game rental, and they had the pokemon DS special edition for 129$, so I picked that up with credit. I figure that will sell itself, so easy way to switch credit out.

someone please help me out cause this is getting confusing for me. Whats the 3 or so cheapest games to look for at BB so i can take to GS to build credit back up. I would also like to make a little bit on it so if there are some 1.25 or higher flips i would love to know. There arent to many CAG members in my area so there are about 7 BB to hit up. Im looking to pay about 10 or so per game at BB. Thanks

[quote name='akokonas']someone please help me out cause this is getting confusing for me. Whats the 3 or so cheapest games to look for at BB so i can take to GS to build credit back up. I would also like to make a little bit on it so if there are some 1.25 or higher flips i would love to know. There arent to many CAG members in my area so there are about 7 BB to hit up. Im looking to pay about 10 or so per game at BB. Thanks[/quote]

Read the thread buddy.

[quote name='akokonas']someone please help me out cause this is getting confusing for me. Whats the 3 or so cheapest games to look for at BB so i can take to GS to build credit back up. I would also like to make a little bit on it so if there are some 1.25 or higher flips i would love to know. There arent to many CAG members in my area so there are about 7 BB to hit up. Im looking to pay about 10 or so per game at BB. Thanks[/quote]

Power Rangers PS2
Zelda: Twilight Princess GC
GOlden Compass
Indium Runner PS2
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Dark DS

[quote name='soulcase']I traded in Bioshock to GS and the base trade value was $9.50 not $12. I received $15.45 after $5 and 10% EDGE.[/quote]

Weird, someone on the GS thread confirmed getting $12. I guess ill find out tomorrow, but if I had to guess, i'll probably end up getting the $9.50

Traded in some games at BBV
PS3 Eye of Judgement $30
PS3 Hellboy $36
WII Battalion Wars 2 $26
XBOX 360 Monster Jam $28.50
XBOX 360 Bladestorm $35
XBOX 360 World Of Champ. Poker All In $8

[quote name='Rig']They will ship it right back to you if it doesn't have a red-ring when they get it. Otherwise, every Joe Schmo would be sending them "working" consoles to get non-red ring problems fixed.[/quote]
Well, from what I've read, the red ring can come and go, but whatever. I paid the $101. I think it's retarded that I have to pay to have it repaired. None of my other consoles have ever given me problems, and I've owned pretty much every one since the SNES. I'm not going to be all bitter about it and be like "I'm never buying another Microsoft console again," though.

Traded in these 360 games, all held their current values :

Hellboy 35
Cabela trophy bucks 22
Sega superstar tennis 19
Prey 6

Also I saw Don King's Prizefighter (new) for $29.99 at Gamerush if that's of any interest.

Need some help:

Is it possible to save a profile (gamerscore, etc.) to a memory card and transfer it to another system? If so, how?

I couldn't resist buying a mint/complete Burnout Paradise ($17.54 after coupon + Edge) at Gamestop today so now I have that new copy from BBV to sell. I checked before I went out and was surprised to see they sell for about $26-$30 shipped. I can even throw in a penny guide for it to make it more enticing ;). So I'll finally convert a tiny bit of this credit into cash though that was not my intention when I bought it.

I mean, I could probably just return it to BB, but after just canceling my Mario Sluggers preorder I'd like to give them a break (and the more new games purchased from there the more they may get in the future which I want to encourage).

For anyone hanging onto a Bladestorm overnight before you flip it, give it a play. Its actually quite fun if you are into Dynasty Warrior type games. Your main attacks are done by holding down RB so there's no real mashing going on. You get at least 150 points just for playing the first level and saving.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Nice all of the used Bioshock near me were tagged at $29.99 and the employees insisted thats how much they were used.[/quote]

Just a reminder that no matter what the stickers say on the cases & BB, the price is determined by the system. The only time the sticker price matters is if its stickered lower than the system, then you can demand they match the price.

Traded in Rock Band for the 360 and got $32 trade in credit. Shocked it was so high considering Rock Band 2 is about 2 weeks away from being released.

[quote name='soulcase']I traded in Bioshock to GS and the base trade value was $9.50 not $12. I received $15.45 after $5 and 10% EDGE.[/quote]

[quote name='Bezerker']Weird, someone on the GS thread confirmed getting $12. I guess ill find out tomorrow, but if I had to guess, i'll probably end up getting the $9.50[/quote]

Strange because I definitely got around $12 for it. I think I dropped my receipt or something because I couldn't find it after leaving the store, but I'm 100% sure I got $42 and change for the trade in and had Metal Slug, Nights, and Bioshock. So, since I know the value of the others:

Metal Slug - 11.60 after bonus
Nights - 12.70 after bonus
Bioshock - ~$18 after bonus

I'm actually taking the same trio to another GS tomorrow so I'll confirm there just to be sure it didn't change sometime after 5PM eastern. Man, wouldn't it be just awesome if Gamestop would post the trade-in value of games on their website? I think I'm gonna make a site suggestion a day until I see that happen. Will only take a minute of my time a day and will be an epic change to the GS->BBV flipping.

If anyone on the West Coast is on and willing to call up GS, you should check the trade-in value of Virtua Fighter 5 for the 360. I know I saw it for $15 today at one BBV and it's $30 used at GS. Probably come out even with that one.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Strange because I definitely got around $12 for it. I think I dropped my receipt or something because I couldn't find it after leaving the store, but I'm 100% sure I got $42 and change for the trade in and had Metal Slug, Nights, and Bioshock. So, since I know the value of the others:

Metal Slug - 11.60 after bonus
Nights - 12.70 after bonus
Bioshock - ~$18 after bonus

I'm actually taking the same trio to another GS tomorrow so I'll confirm there just to be sure it didn't change sometime after 5PM eastern. Man, wouldn't it be just awesome if Gamestop would post the trade-in value of games on their website? I think I'm gonna make a site suggestion a day until I see that happen. Will only take a minute of my time a day and will be an epic change to the GS->BBV flipping.[/quote]

Do we know if soulcase is in KC/OK area? That area has a tradition of having skewed GS TiVs

[quote name='autche']Traded in Rock Band for the 360 and got $32 trade in credit. Shocked it was so high considering Rock Band 2 is about 2 weeks away from being released.[/QUOTE]

Not really - it sells for $45 used at Gamestop for example. I happened to buy one today for $29.24 after coupon + Edge.

[quote name='JAR']Do we know if soulcase is in KC/OK area? That area has had a tradition of having skewed GS TiVs[/quote]
I was gonna say the same thing ;). The xx.50 base price he got is kind of an indication of that. Once you get over $4 or so, you rarely see base prices at Gamestop in 50 cent increments - except for those wacky OKC/KC stores.

Hm, the BBV in my college town that I just went to (first time) had a weird clearence section w/ what seemed like lower prices than usual on new games.

Some I remembered:
$35 DMC4 (PS3)
$45 Boom Blox (wii)
$35 Super Mario Galaxy
$50 Grid (PS3)
$45 Quake Wars ET (PS3)
$45 Unreal Tourny 3 (PS3)
$20? Battle of the Bands (Wii)

bread's done
Back