The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Was everybody else getting MM08 for 9.99 at gamestop? My edge card took off 2.50 off of the original price. I was just wondering if I had a manager pulling off some magic or whether this happens for everybody. Boy, gamestop employees sure are nice when you send e-mails to corporate![/quote]

i believe they take the 10% off the price before the 50%

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']i believe they take the 10% off the price before the 50%[/quote]

The 10% is based off the original price, and so is the 50%. So you basically get 60% off, it works in your favor ;)

I got MM 08 for 9.99 with my edge card. At first the dude told me it was 24$ then i was like Hmm no thanks my friend got it for 9.99 he said it was on the 50% sale. and he hit a key and bam 9.99 =D

Yea, most of the employees have said "That'll be $24, please swipe your card". I ask "how much is it again?" and they look at the screen and do a double take.

Just a heads up to anyone not having any luck finding copies at stores that its supposed to be in stock at, only 1 out of the 5 stores i've been to has had the MM's in the bin. Also, the shelves can be very disorganized (my store actually has an A-Z section with the spines facing out, and then another A-Z with the artwork facing forward).

[quote name='luan87us']aah nice flips I was thinking of flipping a random games from GS to BBV to continue my movie pass =p. But I might actually able to buy some games =). thanks everyone. And about the not trading in same district thingy it's bullshit. They still communicate with each other. I traded F4 @ 4 different districts and they still knew how many i traded in total lol and they even knew what i've been doing with the credits I got from flippings. One of the DM happened to met me at the store one day and informed me my account was being audited for loss prevention, but after talking to him for 10min he said well i just want to informed you about that but you're cleared you can trade and let me traded more games lol. It's all about your luck. Sometime you meet douche bags managers on duty sometime you meet nice easy going ones.[/quote]

Once a note is placed in your account then any store that swipes your account will see it. To keep from getting notes put on your account i would suggest keeping a low profile and just trading at one store.

picked up my gow psp, wow since 3 days ago they are disappearing fast. I had to go from Santa ana (madden psp preorder cancel) into deep Irvine, maybe 9 miles to get one, but it was on hold. I'
ll probably keep it unopened until tuesday when I can see the metallic blue one in person then I'll make my final decision.

Could't find any march madness. The cashier said they very rarely get them as trade ins since no one bought the game originally. I gotta return some octomanias tomorrow so I'll try and find one or a blacksite or something so i can get a mem stick at BBV.

Edit: if anyone wants the syphon filter download code, I dont want it, I'l give it away. Or have a contest or something, I dunno. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I only had time to go to 2 gamestops today (getting ready for daughter's B-day party tomorrow) but managed to find 3 MM 08s between them. Also reserved Fable II since they got the codes in for the free pub games, but it required a $10 deposit. Traded in the games at 3 BBVs and picked up We Ski, House of the Dead 2 & 3, and a used copy of Super Swing Golf. If the trade-in value holds tomorrow I'll try to find a few more so I can pick up Ninja Reflex, a points card, a memory card, and a wii zapper. Maybe I'll even pick up Battle of the Bands, even though it was crap, since I can get it for basically $10 GS credit.

I just realized I'm starting to fall into the same trap as when I bought my 360. I'll pick up pretty much anything I can get for under $10 and anything I find interesting for under $20. Got my 360 in January and now have 160+ games. Just got my Wii a couple weeks ago and already have 10 games plus 10 more coming in the mail.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']picked up my gow psp, wow since 3 days ago they are disappearing fast. I had to go from Santa ana (madden psp preorder cancel) into deep Irvine, maybe 9 miles to get one, but it was on hold. I'
ll probably keep it unopened until tuesday when I can see the metallic blue one in person then I'll make my final decision.

Could't find any march madness. The cashier said they very rarely get them as trade ins since no one bought the game originally. I gotta return some octomanias tomorrow so I'll try and find one or a blacksite or something so i can get a mem stick at BBV.

Edit: if anyone wants the syphon filter download code, I dont want it, I'l give it away. Or have a contest or something, I dunno. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Contests are always fun

Just called A GR, and the Xbox 360 without a HD trades in for $110. I forgot to ask if they need a controller as well. Does anyone know if they do require a controller?

[quote name='jlarlee']Contests are always fun[/QUOTE]

yeah, but what?

Ok I got it. Whoever has the saddest/most depressing/infuriating trade ban will win. Whoever needs it the most I guess you can say.

Or

If someone can find the next great flip, from either BBV to GS or vice versa.

ok? We'll vote on the best one I guess, winner gets a download code for Syphon Filter : Combat Ops from PSN.

*contest not valid if I end up getting the metallic blue (madden psp) instead* lol
unless you think this contest sucks, I'd be up for suggestions.

I'll post a thread in the contst forum when I know for sure I am keeping the gow pack.

So contest not on as of now, but soon. Probably by tuesday. :)

dumped my last 2 pairs of BB B1G1 crappy old games today and got these for the madden 40% extra along with edge card

I. Runners - 7.50
Lego Star Wars - 13.50
Manhunt 2 - 9.00
P. Rangers - 13.50

I got an 22" ACER AL2216W a while ago for my 360 and PS3, it was less then $200, less then $150 I think. I'm satisfied with it.

[quote name='jkircos']Just called A GR, and the Xbox 360 without a HD trades in for $110. I forgot to ask if they need a controller as well. Does anyone know if they do require a controller?[/quote]

Yes, 1 wireless controller and the power source.

Finally dumped my last batch of B1G1 at Gamestop today. Picked up for 360: March Madness 08, Vampire Rain, and Prey for around $22 and change. Traded the three of them at my local Gamerush for $22, $12, and $6 respectively.

Was chatting with the store manager about their new games layout. She was telling me about the Wii giveaway contest, and about the game supplies bag.

• Each transaction where you spend at least $25 is good for an entry in the Wii drawing.
  • Paying with a value card counts, but paying with credit from a store account does not count.
  • If you preorder a game, like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, or any game, and put down at least $25 on it, that is good for a contest entry.
  • When you pick the game up, and pay the remainder, if it's at least $25, that's good for another entry.
  • To get the game supplies bag, you need to pay the whole amount for a $49.99 or greater game in one transaction.
  • This store had 18 entries when I asked tonight.

Also, and this is the big one, while we were talking I saw a complete copy of Odama in their display case, I asked how long it had been there, she said a long time, and I was lamenting that I hadn't noticed it during the B1G1 sale. She told me not to worry, there will be another one during Labor Day weekend.

Damn, I forgot to go to bb today to trade in my uno copy of mm08. Hopefully the trade value will hold tommorow. I'll be over there first thing in the morning.

TIV (8/9):

DK: BB - $26 (dropped from $30)
Battalion Wars 2 Wii - $26

Picked up DK:BB for $7.98 at TRU and BW2 at BB for $9.99.

I went back to the BB that gave me a SW:E3 in a SW:JK2 case and was told to return on Monday since the SM was not in. They did not have another SW:JK2 in stock. The clerk did find a SW:E3 but it had the correct game in the case. The clerk didn't have the "authority" to exchange the game or issue a refund. :roll: All is not lost, as I found a disc-only copy of Pikmin 2 that I had them hold for me until Monday. :D My only problem is that the GS trade in deal ends tomorrow. Luckily, I have been trading in sets of 6 and still have 5 games that I will trade in tomorrow.

I think the missing SW:JK2 is just karma. When I traded 6 games to GS yesterday the girl forgot to apply edge. She had to redo the whole trade and she scanned SW:JK2 twice and left Golden Compass out.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']yeah, but what?

Ok I got it. Whoever has the saddest/most depressing/infuriating trade ban will win. Whoever needs it the most I guess you can say.

Or

If someone can find the next great flip, from either BBV to GS or vice versa.

ok? We'll vote on the best one I guess, winner gets a download code for Syphon Filter : Combat Ops from PSN.

*contest not valid if I end up getting the metallic blue (madden psp) instead* lol
unless you think this contest sucks, I'd be up for suggestions.

I'll post a thread in the contst forum when I know for sure I am keeping the gow pack.

So contest not on as of now, but soon. Probably by tuesday. :)[/quote]

Biggest ball of GS/BBV/GC stickers.:D

nice one...

but I dont know if everyone kept theirs, I did, but I stuck them to a soda bottle and covered the outside.

as an update I opened the gow box I like the color alot, except the damn silkscreen, but hey I dont have to look at it. Other peple do so not bad. I'll take the silkscreen if you give me the deep red psp. My Cousin convinced me that the metallic blue one sucked, so I jsut said fine, I'll open it so I'll have to keep it. So I have the code now...

How about a few options:

1. Biggest sticker ball of BBV and GS price stickers. ( need some scale in picture like a ruler )
OR
2. Need an option for people who threw away their stickers. (Possibly biggest collection of BBV game cases)

either one or a combo of them.

Of course a picture would need to be included for proof.

So that sound good? Any suggestions?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']nice one...

but I dont know if everyone kept theirs, I did, but I stuck them to a soda bottle and covered the outside.

as an update I opened the gow box I like the color alot, except the damn silkscreen, but hey I dont have to look at it. Other peple do so not bad. I'll take the silkscreen if you give me the deep red psp. My Cousin convinced me that the metallic blue one sucked, so I jsut said fine, I'll open it so I'll have to keep it. So I have the code now...

How about a few options:

1. Biggest sticker ball of BBV and GS price stickers. ( need some scale in picture like a ruler )
OR
2. Need an option for people who threw away their stickers. (Possibly biggest collection of BBV game cases)

either one or a combo of them.

Of course a picture would need to be included for proof.

So that sound good? Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Your suggestions seem pretty good. How about "Biggest stack of blockbuster disc sleeves," you know, the ones that come with the used games? I have a pretty good stack of those :)

Don't know if you already saw this Io, but:

starwarsframebbv.jpg

I've seen them at a couple of stores, don't think it's part of the clearance sale though.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Your suggestions seem pretty good. How about "Biggest stack of blockbuster disc sleeves," you know, the ones that come with the used games? I have a pretty good stack of those :)[/QUOTE]

you mean the white ones that the bbv stores print out? idk if anyone has many of those.

But most BBV cases seems like a good 2nd choice.

Or maybe thickest stack of gamestop receipts.

People have said that they've seen the new prices on Monday Nights on the West coast, so i'm guessing it changes around 9pm PST on Saturday's & Monday's.

Just got back from BB. It looks like MM, Dancing With the Stars, and the $10 poker game have held TIV through today at least. Keep on dumpin people!

I asked my manager buddy about another B1G1 during Labor day, he said it's very likely and that they usually do a B1G1 during that time.

[quote name='Bezerker']
I asked my manager buddy about another B1G1 during Labor day, he said it's very likely and that they usually do a B1G1 during that time.[/QUOTE]

Except that they never have in the past as far as I know :lol:. If they had it last year I didn't buy a single thing from it, which would be odd (my records show the last one before March of this year being last June).

Anyway, I'm out of town so my Internet access is flaky (I'm sitting in a Bruegger's Bagels right now to get free WiFi).

I am going on a Gamestop run here though shortly. This is all new territory for me, though I have traded at the Blockbusters here, like, 2 years ago during some CC clearance that happened last time I was here. (I'm in Tucson).

Oh boy, I get to find out soon if GS credit gets taxed here in AZ. Man, though, tax really puts a damper on flipping - I don't think I'd do it nearly as much if I had to deal with it ;).

Also, it sucks that the Wii entries don't count if you use store credit. At my local store where I would preorder things I have been keeping all my trades on the account for convenience :bomb:. I guess I can pay things off with a Value card though - but that means the credit will continue to sit there and I had planned on using it shortly for some games.

Nice to see that MM held, going to pick up some more of those this week. I saw the Office poster for $15 at BB, looks real nice for my room. Going to get one of those and maybe save up for that rumored $199 360 in Sep...

Well, I'm done with Gamerush trading unless a great flip comes around that makes more than 100% profit...probably have to be at least 200% profit. I have $500 in credit...saving $400 of that and spending the other $100 on games...already bought Boom Blox. I'm saving the credit for a 360 as the current rumor says the console is getting price drops on Sept. 7. $199 for Arcade, $299 for 60 gig Pro, $399 for Elite. I'd feel dumb paying $299 for a 20 gig system and then 3 weeks later finding out I could have got a newer model for the same price.

Also canceling my in-store rental pass now that I won't be in the store as much anymore. It was worth having when I was trading in games because it seems like the clerks hassle you much less about trades when you're also renting Blu-Rays every time you come in.

Besides that, I just signed up for the Netflix $8.99 a month 1 out at a time DVD plan. Haven't had Netflix in years as I was using Blockbuster Online for a while, but the new Netflix streaming plan rocks. 12,000 movies and TV shows you can stream 24/7 unlimited on your PC. Hook the PC up to your TV and get the Netflix plug-in for Vista Media Center plus a Media Center remote control and you are good to go. I'm sure you guys know Netflix is coming to the 360 this fall, but you don't have to wait. The 360 is a Media Center Extender, so if you have a PC on your network running Vista, you can stream your Netflix movies to your PC via your 360 using the 3rd-party Netflix Media Center plug-in. It's all very easy to set up.

Once I get a 360, I won't have a reason to have a PC hooked up to my TV any longer and can figure out a new purpose for it (probably give it to my wife as she could use a better system in her office downstairs).

IO, you have to pay tax on trades here in Indiana but Gamerush adds tax onto all your trade-ins, so I come out ahead. If I pay $10+ 7% tax for a game I'm flipping for $20 to Gamerush, I get $20 + 7% tax in store credit. So $10.70 out of pocket turns into $21.40. I actually get $23.50 for every copy of March Madness 08 I trade in instead of $22.

For those looking for the framed Dark Knight Joker prints, keep looking. Talked to an employee here that said they have been getting one or two in a week on Mondays with their new shipments. He said he expects they'll keep shipping them until the DVD comes out. YMMV, but I thought I'd pass on the info.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Nice to see that MM held, going to pick up some more of those this week. I saw the Office poster for $15 at BB, looks real nice for my room. Going to get one of those and maybe save up for that rumored $199 360 in Sep...[/quote]

Note that it only held til Tuesday, it may drop then.

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Did March Madness hold today for anybody? If not I'm heading down there in a few hours and I'll check and see.[/quote]

Which March Madness are you talking about? If its 08, it might help to read 2, 3, 5 & 6 posts above yours.

I guess now that the thread is smaller, people are only reading the OP and not reading the latest posts, what a reversal from the last thread.

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Did March Madness hold today for anybody? If not I'm heading down there in a few hours and I'll check and see.[/QUOTE]
It held for everyone, which you'd known by reading the above five or six posts.

[quote name='dys006']Finally dumped my last batch of B1G1 at Gamestop today. Picked up for 360: March Madness 08, Vampire Rain, and Prey for around $22 and change. Traded the three of them at my local Gamerush for $22, $12, and $6 respectively.

Was chatting with the store manager about their new games layout. She was telling me about the Wii giveaway contest, and about the game supplies bag.

• Each transaction where you spend at least $25 is good for an entry in the Wii drawing.
  • Paying with a value card counts, but paying with credit from a store account does not count.
  • If you preorder a game, like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09, or any game, and put down at least $25 on it, that is good for a contest entry.
  • When you pick the game up, and pay the remainder, if it's at least $25, that's good for another entry.
  • To get the game supplies bag, you need to pay the whole amount for a $49.99 or greater game in one transaction.
  • This store had 18 entries when I asked tonight.

Also, and this is the big one, while we were talking I saw a complete copy of Odama in their display case, I asked how long it had been there, she said a long time, and I was lamenting that I hadn't noticed it during the B1G1 sale. She told me not to worry, there will be another one during Labor Day weekend.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, was this the Rochester and Wattles store in Troy?

BTW, Turning Point(360) got $15 TIV yesterday.

Is it safe to bring my hard drive to someones house and use it on their xbox 360?
Will i be able to play demos/DLC i download from my system on their system?

[quote name='stetson717']Out of curiosity, was this the Rochester and Wattles store in Troy?
BTW, Turning Point(360) got $15 TIV yesterday.[/quote]
Chicago Drive and Waverly in Holland, MI.

I just got a new 360 and it has the HDMI on it. Currently I use optical for audio, so can I still use optical and the HDMI only for video, or do i have to strictly only use HDMI?

TIV for Kane and Lynch held at $30 and so did SST at $23.

Returned my used PS3 back to gamestop, transferred the GS credit to BBV with Blacksite, Kane and Lynch and SST and was able to get a new 40gb with Kingdom of Heaven Blu_ray since they didn't have the spiderman 3 bundle and the manager felt bad because it was still advertised. She asked if I minded that it didn't have to be spiderman 3 and I just replied, "I don't even like spiderman." If she only knew that was my plan all along. Finally down to $3 BBV and $13 GS with a new PS3, PSP, some preorders and games. Can't wait for the next trading storm!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']HDMI is for video, optical is for audio.

You can use both.[/QUOTE]

HDMI carries audio as well as video. That said you probably are able to use HDMI for video and optical for audio out of the 360 at the same time, but I don't know.

EDIT - Actually just looked at the back of my 360 and there isn't a dedicated optical audio port so I'm not sure it would work.

As long as you sign under your own profile name. The Demos and DLC are attached to your own Xbox and Gamertag. The info will be in the hard drive but if you are just using his gamertag you will not be able to access say songs you might have downloaded for Rockband.

[quote name='Rictor']Hopefully the next Buy 1 Get 1 won't be limited to $15 games. Would be nice to get some actual Wii and PS3 games.[/quote]
Nah they would probably still keep the price since the B1G1 did so good their doing it again. Or they might follow Gamestop's footstep of all used game B2G1 . I hope you are right but a B1G1 free games on ALL USED games rarely happens.

Hey guys. I just got the Microsoft Xbox 360 Universal Remote for my Samsung 26in LCD HDTV. It works for the sammy but not for my xbox. I typed in all 20 something tv codes and got mixed results, with the usual outcome a simple everything works except the xbox controls. Just wondering if there is any suggestions in regards to linking it to your xbox. This would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot. Trevor B.

bread's done
Back