The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='edavis0780']Which BBV is this? Are they actually running the sale?[/QUOTE]
Imperial Hwy in Brea. Don't know if they're actually running it, but if the signs are up, I'm sure one could make a push for it. I didn't try - long ass line last night.

[quote name='TMNT770']they wont give me over the phone[/quote]

this happens quite a bit to me. it really depends on the workers. i can call the same blockbuster and get quotes one day and the next they tell me i need to bring the games in and they would be happy to give me the tiv. just call around like the other person mentioned

So I'm in Tucson and was going to check out a Blockbuster to see what they had for sale and ask for the trade-in price for SST PS3. I didn't have anything to trade. As I left the restaurant across the street a huge thunderstorm hit and it started pouring. I thought, cool, I'll duck into the BB while it passes. Well, as soon as I pulled into the BB parking area there was a very close lightning strike and all the power went out for at least a mile all around. I guess I should take that as a sign that SST is not a good thing to trade :lol:. (But seriously, I still want to find out tomorrow how much it trades for).

Noticed a couple of random used price drops - :wii: Elebits went from $16.99 to $14.99, and :wii: SD v Raw 2008 went from $24.99 to $19.99.

Ok decided tyo keep the madden psp, lack of silkscreen decides it for me, its not as shiny as my cousin made it out to be, but it is shiny if in a lit room.

So I got 2 codes, Syphon Filter: Combat Ops and Beats. One will be a random drawing and another a contest. (but what?) (and which one for which contest), I think beats for contest and SF:CO for random, sound good? So if you want to be in the drawing for syphon filter, put :imwithst: at the end of your post so I can see it, dont pm as I dont have many open atm. You gotta post something, dont just put :imwithst:, I would like to have it for people who contributed to the thread, not the leechers.

One of my local blockbuster's was doing the clearance sale. Nothing worth of note that hasn't been mentioned (Army of Two PS3) f/ I believe $50 and some bad Wii games but they were new and not used. Also they were clearancing Indy merch as well but no good drops and many used games with bad prices (Dark Sector PS3 I'm looking at you).

:imwithst:

BBV Called Me Yesterday, Saying my Madden PSP Is There, Funny thing My Bud Order it and he Forgot it.

So Now he got till next Monday or they will sale it to somebody else.
194.xx + tax

on side note
my bbv also has sales on PS2/xbox games only (not 360) $19.xx & under
and movie posters alot, star wars, and others things indy shirts and stuff $4.99-14.99
they also had ps3,wii & 360 games from 24.99-49.99 marked as clearance price. LOL

I don't know if 75-percent is an accurate estimation, Yasha. When I play, the vehicles are primarily used for transport. Anti-tank mines, artillery, and personal airstrikes pretty much make things fair if someone has access to those items. The RPG is also effective against tanks. So are your own tanks. And this is just in regards to tanks. If one can aim, picking off or stopping people using the Humvee or boat weapons can be done fairly easily. Only the helicopter presents a greater challenge, and when a good pilot presents itself, the team usually comes together and shoots it down.

But yes, both are solid games.

This is my first post, so I hope this help.

BB - GS TIV with 30% and 10% edge
PS2
Singstar: Amped $7.49 - $8.49 (YMMV)
Power Rangers Super Legends $9.99 - $12.60
Iridium Runners $4.99 - $7.00
GC
Incredible Hulk: Destruction $6.99 – $7.00
Metroid Prime 2 $4.99 - $8.40
Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl $34.99 - $37.80

GS – BB TIV
PS3: K&L - $30
PS3: SST - $23
360: MM08 - $15

Having played both, i like COD much better. BF2 :MC was great, and i got BF BC and just couldnt get into it as much as i thought i would, and I also found myself saying, why am I playing this when I could be playing a much better COD4.... But to each there own

OOOH WTF? Metroid Prime 2 is only $4.99 @ BBV? The shao fu BBV near me has a copy but stickered 9.99. I was going to buy it to trade in GS because i remember someone mention GS Sells this game for 39.99 used. But when i call to get a quote the douche bag works there said "No i don't do trade in value over the phone man" and i keep on asking and he just gave mea random value of 4$ -_-. And thanks for the list man I'm looking to get rid of the little BBV credit i have left to put back in GS.

[quote name='JJSP']Take it for what it is, but the Blockbuster near me still has the B1G1 signage up, now with the terms and conditions at the bottom marked out with sharpie.[/quote]

One of my BBV was like this too but I didn't check. The terms were still there and it happened a couple of days after it supposedly ended so take it with a grain of salt; they could have just forgot to take down the signs.

My local pawn had all 360 games for $10 today. Bought & flipped these:

Gears of War-$25
Frontlines-$15
Halo 3-$22
Blacksite-$15

Left C&C3: Tiberium Wars (how much does it get) and also bought Dark Messiah but I am assuming it only gets $12 so it will go in the collection.

Lol. I found Spiderman 3 and Cars under the passenger seat of my car after being out of town for a week. I guess they must have slid under there during my massive GS->BB->GS->BB flipping without me noticing. Went ahead and took them to GS to get like $9 toward Force Unleashed. I decided to pre-order Little Big Planet too even though I already put $5 down at BB (I want the God of War sackboy costume).

I'm surprised Gears of War still gets $25 after all this time.... might get rid of mine since 2 is coming in Nov.

lmao, the same thing happened with me weeks ago. I saw, wedged by the door of the passenger seat, a copy of Golden Compass (360). This was days after I said I'd stop flipping and finding this new game fueled my need to started the process all over again.

I may have missed it, but did Rock Band for PS2 go back up in price? I was finally going to take the dive since I knew it was $99 at BB and I could just trade in the game itself towards the PS3 version (since both use the same instruments, but all of my local BB in Greenville, SC are sold out. So I happen to be going to Myrtle Beach in the near future and called a store down there. They have 4 but at $159.

Sucks if I missed it.

[quote name='weguzs']BBV Called Me Yesterday, Saying my Madden PSP Is There, Funny thing My Bud Order it and he Forgot it.

So Now he got till next Monday or they will sale it to somebody else.
194.xx + tax

on side note
my bbv also has sales on PS2/xbox games only (not 360) $19.xx & under
and movie posters alot, star wars, and others things indy shirts and stuff $4.99-14.99
they also had ps3,wii & 360 games from 24.99-49.99 marked as clearance price. LOL[/quote]

I'm pretty pissed to hear of your store even holding the item for so long let alone at all. Down here they won't let you reserve or hold anything. It's first come and first serve bullshit. Ugh.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Ok decided tyo keep the madden psp, lack of silkscreen decides it for me, its not as shiny as my cousin made it out to be, but it is shiny if in a lit room.

So I got 2 codes, Syphon Filter: Combat Ops and Beats. One will be a random drawing and another a contest. (but what?) (and which one for which contest), I think beats for contest and SF:CO for random, sound good? So if you want to be in the drawing for syphon filter, put :imwithst: at the end of your post so I can see it, dont pm as I dont have many open atm. You gotta post something, dont just put :imwithst:, I would like to have it for people who contributed to the thread, not the leechers.[/QUOTE]

Does Madden come in a regular PSP case or is it a sleeve type of deal? I was thinking of getting the Madden PSP trade in madden game and purchase the god of war game. Anybody know how well do PSP games trade at BB? or would it be better at GS?

Wow, Gears of War gets $25 still....that is a nice price. I may trade mine in since #2 looks pretty darn good. I loved the single player, but barely played the multiplayer for some reason. It was enjoyable, but I never played it much.

I think I still have $300+ credit, looking to buy something new....maybe I will just get osme games. I really want NHL 09, GoW2 and Fallout 3 (I think)

GS new coupon is 25% of used wii/gamecube/gba games. Im thinking there might be some good wii fits but not sure since BBV is starting to be on top of things.

New coupon (starting tomorrow) at GS is 25% off any used Nintendo system games (meaning Wii, DS, 'Cube, and GBA). Here we go again.

[quote name='JJSP']New coupon (starting tomorrow) at GS is 25% off any used Nintendo system games (meaning Wii, DS, 'Cube, and GBA). Here we go again.[/quote]

Ah Jeez. Oh well, guess I have to go get the money from those Madden preorders now and pick up some Wii games. Time to start searching for the good flips since I've exhausted Dancing with the Stars and Budokai already.

[quote name='jlarlee']I was just thinking but has there ever been a good DS flip?[/quote]

Yah, there were a ton of them during the big clearance sale a year or two back. Just about everything was flippable at the time because Gamestop was doing Trade 3 get an extra $10 and Gamerush was doing Trade 3 get an extra $5 per game. Add in a clearance from Gamerush that had a ton of brand new $2 games and we all made bank. I racked up like $1500 Gamestop credit and cash myself.

[quote name='Rob26Smith']Does Madden come in a regular PSP case or is it a sleeve type of deal? I was thinking of getting the Madden PSP trade in madden game and purchase the god of war game. Anybody know how well do PSP games trade at BB? or would it be better at GS?[/quote]

Crappy sleeve. If you have a spare UMD case, you can go get one of those "Brett the Jet" printouts at Wal-Mart (or print a high-quality one for yourself) and make yourself a "complete" package. There is a manual included as well.

Checking Gamestop.com for recent price drops on used Wii games.
Prices after coupon and edge.
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $22.75

I'd call to see what it gets at Blockbuster, but i'm afraid of humans.(at least i'm honest)

[quote name='stone1061']Checking Gamestop.com for recent price drops on used Wii games.
Prices after coupon and edge.
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $22.75

I'd call to see what it gets at Blockbuster, but i'm afraid of humans.(at least i'm honest)[/quote]

You'll get $30 in credit, I just called up.

[quote name='Unickuta']You'll get $30 in credit, I just called up.[/quote]

That's better than nothing for moving credit to BBV. Theres gotta be some better flips or at least some more flips.
I need to move some credit back to BBV in the upcoming weeks to buy the Godfather collection on Blu Ray. I have enough games to keep me very busy for at least the next 10 years, so BBV credit seems better right now.

Just found something awesome. :D

Space Chimps Wii - $24.99 used at GS (recent price drop)

- 35% (Edge and Coupon)

$16.25 + tax

You get $30 trade-in credit at BB

And the 360 version is also $24.99 used, but since there's no coupon it's $22.50 + tax. And the trade-in credit for that is only $28.50.

But Space Chimps Wii = great deal.

[quote name='Unickuta']
Space Chimps Wii = great deal.[/quote]

Closest used copy is 46 miles away from me :cry:
This may be a tough one to find but good work.

[quote name='Unickuta']Just found something awesome. :D

Space Chimps Wii - $24.99 used at GS (recent price drop)

- 35% (Edge and Coupon)

$16.25 + tax

You get $30 trade-in credit at BB

And the 360 version is also $24.99 used, but since there's no coupon it's $22.50 + tax. And the trade-in credit for that is only $28.50.

But Space Chimps Wii = great deal.[/quote]

yea good find, but closest to me is 30 miles. dammit

When you buy stuff from GS, for example like space chimps, do they take out the 25% then the 10% and then add the Tax on that price, or the orginal price.

Got another $10 Gears to trade for $25.

Does anyone know the TIVs on MLB 2K8 & C&C3: Tiberium Wars for 360? I would call, but they dont give TIVs on the phone. If anyone can help, thanks!

[quote name='sandaz93']When you buy stuff from GS, for example like space chimps, do they take out the 25% then the 10% and then add the Tax on that price, or the orginal price.[/quote]

they would give u 35% off of the original used value and then tax on the price after the 35% off

TIVs:

Kane & Lynch (PS3) - $30
Rock Band (PS3) - $30
Rainbow Six (360) - $12
Vampire Rain (360) - $12
NCAA MM (360) - $15

Rock Band was the especially good flip. Brandsmart had it on sale for $12.xx then I got the PM at Sears to pay $8.xx out of pocket. $8->$30 :)

I called my BB today and they said that GTA IV(360) is only worth $15 trade credit, That baffels me because it hasent been out long and most games from then and even before then are still getting $30.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I called my BB today and they said that GTA IV(360) is only worth $15 trade credit, That baffels me because it hasent been out long and most games from then and even before then are still getting $30.[/QUOTE]

$15 might be incorrect, generally if they give out $15, they sell it about $25, highly doubt they are selling GTA IV for $25 yet.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I called my BB today and they said that GTA IV(360) is only worth $15 trade credit, That baffels me because it hasent been out long and most games from then and even before then are still getting $30.[/quote]

BB have tons of GTA4 for both X360 and PS3, which make the TIV low.

Just traded the following:
Vampire Rain - $ 12
K&L - $30

[quote name='freshzen']$15 might be incorrect, generally if they give out $15, they sell it about $25, highly doubt they are selling GTA IV for $25 yet.[/QUOTE]
It should sell used for $44.99. The big reason I could see stores giving jack shit for it is that they've got SO many of them converted from rental stock. Stores had dozens and dozens available for rent, and have mostly cut back to four or five copies.

I got $15 for Frontlines today & that sells for $40, but then again, they also have a ton of those as well.

No TIVs for C&C3 or MLB2K8 (360) yet? I really wish mine would give them by phone :(

[quote name='akokonas']is bb taking trades on DS games??[/quote]
yes. If they sell it for $25, the TIV is $10. If they sell it for $20, the TIV is $8. That's all I know.

Tre, my store has 6 or so copies, but they ahve more copies of Halo 3 than GTA IV and the TIV is $25 last time i traded on in.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Tre, my store has 6 or so copies, but they ahve more copies of Halo 3 than GTA IV and the TIV is $25 last time i traded on in.[/quote]
I just realized that Halo 3 & Frontlines are both $39.99, yet Halo 3 gets $7 more than Frontlines. Hmm

bread's done
Back