The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='Segasonic01']I got $15 for Frontlines today & that sells for $40, but then again, they also have a ton of those as well.

No TIVs for C&C3 or MLB2K8 (360) yet? I really wish mine would give them by phone :([/quote]

Google the number for another town's BBV and call them.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Google the number for another town's BBV and call them.[/quote]
I've tried calling about 7 different BBs before. 90% of them didn't know how to look it up, the others said they can't without the UPC there.

I got a few trade in values over the phone:

nintendo wii:
my sims $23
guitar hero aerosmith $30
cars $9
monster jam $30
speed racer $13
simpsons game $16
alvin and the chipmonks $9

Good flips with new gamestop coupon:
guitar hero aerosmith $22.75 >>>> $30
monster jam $17.55 >>>> $30

Someone may just want to double check those good flips.

[quote name='toocool17']I got a few trade in values over the phone:

Good flips with new gamestop coupon:
guitar hero aerosmith $22.75 >>>> $30
monster jam $17.55 >>>> $30

Someone may just want to double check those good flips.[/quote]

I will try and confirm Monster Jam tomorrow.

I made a few calls, and came up with these Wii items (bold items get 1.8x or better trade):

Title - GS (no promo) - BBV/GR (ratio w/ coupon & EDGE)

:wii: Arctic Tale - $12.99 - $13.00 (1.54)
:wii: Avatar the Last Airbender - $12.99 - $7.50 (0.89)
:wii: Balls of Fury - $12.99 - $13.00 (1.54)
:wii: Billy the Wizard - $12.99 - $11.00 (1.30)
:wii: Dave Mirra BMX Challenger - $12.99 - $9.00 (1.07)
:wii: Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire - $14.99 - $13.00 (1.33)
:wii: Escape from Bug Island - $12.99 - $20.00 (2.37)
:wii: George of the Jungle - $12.99 - $13.00 (1.54)
:wii: Legend of the Dragon - $8.99 - $11.00 (1.88)
:wii: Mini Desktop Racing - $12.99 - $13.00 (1.54)
:wii: My Word Coach - $12.99 - $11.00 (1.30)
:wii: Rock and Roll Adventures - $12.99 - $16.00 (1.90)
:wii: Spy Games Elevator Mission - $12.99 - $16.00 (1.90)
:wii: The Ant Bully - $12.99 - $6.00 (0.71)
:wii: The Golden Compass - $12.99 - $7.50 (0.89)
:wii: Wii Sports - $9.99 - $2.50 (0.39)

I also checked Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom and London Taxi Rush Hour, but they couldn't find it in the system.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I've tried calling about 7 different BBs before. 90% of them didn't know how to look it up, the others said they can't without the UPC there.[/quote]

Wow, my BBV has some awsome workers, call 1-260-824-2481 I think all the workers know how to look up TIV's. I call often and they never seem to mind.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']TIVs:

Rock Band was the especially good flip. Brandsmart had it on sale for $12.xx then I got the PM at Sears to pay $8.xx out of pocket. $8->$30 :)[/quote]

How did you get it for $8. I know sears price matches but not following how you got it for $8.

Went to local target, for K&L
guess i have to wait till they drop some more.

did't see any of thoes wii games,
mostly where ben 10, fighting boxing something, hanna mantana

[quote name='king007']How did you get it for $8. I know sears price matches but not following how you got it for $8.[/quote]
They Price match + 10%

[quote name='Segasonic01']They Price match + 10%[/quote]

Is a receipt enough for a price match or do you need to take the ad. I ask becuase there is a difference between a clearence item and an item on sale for the week featured in an ad.

reciept is ok, but they;ll need to call anyways (or look on the site if you're PMing to a site) to make sure there is still at least 1 avialable. For your situation, reciept would help a lot

Dunno if I missed it (if so sorry!) but is there still a list anywhere of breakeven or better flips from BB->GS? Maybe with the GS 50% bonus on trades coupon theres some more flipping apportunities?

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Dunno if I missed it (if so sorry!) but is there still a list anywhere of breakeven or better flips from BB->GS? Maybe with the GS 50% bonus on trades coupon theres some more flipping apportunities?[/quote]

Get out. Now.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Dunno if I missed it (if so sorry!) but is there still a list anywhere of breakeven or better flips from BB->GS? Maybe with the GS 50% bonus on trades coupon theres some more flipping apportunities?[/quote]

1. Fail
2. Flyer says it's only for participating areas, i.e YMMV if cashier will accept it.
3. Would have taken less time to browse back 1 page then type out your request for help and find your answer.
4. Fail

Armstrong, please for the love of all things holy, read the first post or two of each thread before asking that type of question. You open yourself up for horrific abuse otherwise. It's there though buddy. It shows the games for each system and the TIV's.

Alright, i take no credit for this. But here is what we have so far for 1.50x and up flips:

Arctic Tale: $8.45 -> $13.00
Balls of Fury: $8.45 -> $13.00
Bust a Move Bash: $11.70 -> $23
Escape From Bug Island: $8.45 -> $20
George of the Jungle: $8.45 -> $13.00
Guitar Hero Aerosmith: $22.75 -> $30
Legend of the Dragon: $5.85 -> $11.00
Mini Desktop Racing: $8.45 -> $13.00
Monster Jam: $17.55 -> $30
Rock and Roll Adventures: $8.45 -> $16.00
Space Chimps: $16.25 -> $30
Spy Games Elevator Mission:$8.45 -> $16.00

[quote name='Bezerker']Alright, i take no credit for this. But here is what we have so far for 1.50x and up flips:

Spy Games Elevator Mission:$8.45 -> $16.00[/quote]

Thank you very much sir

I am picking up these games they are all located used at the same GS near me

Spy Games
Monster Jam
Rock and roll adventurea
Bust a Move

$46---->$88 BBV Thanks

Whoops, I read the "build up Blockbuster credit via Gamestop" in the first post and assumed the PS2/GC games used for building up EB credit were included under the first heading since I skimmed the rest. Honest mistake.

I don't see anything 1 page or 2, maybe there's info 3 back?

Glad to be of service for those of you in need of a epeen boost (bgame2 not included)...

To all looking for even money flips from BB back to GS:

As long as the "trade in a system, get $20 extra" promo is on, you can flip GBA SP's from BB to GS for even. Cost at BB = $39.99. Base trade in at GS = $20 + $20 bonus credit = $40

Just happened to see one today at my local BB/GR and remembered that I used that promo a while back on my SP after I got a DS. Not great, but I have seen enough requests in here for even money that it might be worth it to some of you.

[quote name='Bezerker']Alright, i take no credit for this. But here is what we have so far for 1.50x and up flips:

Spy Games Elevator Mission:$8.45 -> $16.00[/quote]

hmm bust a move bash is $17.99 (about 17$ after coupon) how did you get it for $11.70? even with 10% coupon it's still $14.xx. Please enlighten me.

[quote name='luan87us']hmm bust a move bash is $17.99 (about 17$ after coupon) how did you get it for $11.70? even with 10% coupon it's still $14.xx. Please enlighten me.[/quote]

the coupon this week is 25% off any DS, Wii, GBA games so 35% off after EDGE care

[quote name='Poor2More']the coupon this week is 25% off any DS, Wii, GBA games so 35% off after EDGE care[/quote]
yeah sorry i just saw the coupon just after i post this lol. Gonna put some credit in BBV for some new releases i guess.

[quote name='luan87us']hmm bust a move bash is $17.99 (about 17$ after coupon) how did you get it for $11.70? even with 10% coupon it's still $14.xx. Please enlighten me.[/quote]

New 25% off GS Wii/DS coupon available for this coming week.

Edit: Haha, I give up, going to bed...

Game GS Price BB TIV (Ratio better than 1.5x in bold)

Jumper $5.85 -> $9
Anubis 2 $6.50 -> $9
Cranium Kabookii $8.45 -> $16
Action Girlz Racing $9.75 -> $9
Madden NFL 07 $9.75 -> 13
Chicken Little: Ace in Action $9.75 -> $16
Surf's Up $9.75 -> $9
Dewys Adventure $9.75 -> $9
Bionicle Heroes $9.75 -> $9
Ninjabread Man $11.05 -> 11

From the list above my fav is Cranium Kabookii. Its almost double and a lot of stores have it in my area.

The following games are ones they dont take trade-ins on:
Monster Trux Offroad
Rig Racer 2
Kidz Sports: Internation Soccer, Ice Hockey, and Basketball

Woot! I havent flipped for like 3 weeks. Time to get back to business so I can get enough credit for GH:WT or RB2.

Ok guys n' gals lets be smart on this new opportunity.

More than one manager has just shared with me this is being monitored...any thoughts Warner? (of course I feigned my usual ignorance...and was trading non duplicate titles)

It might be wise to keep the info new simple and Not quote/highlight the obvious r e p e a t e d l y. And while I applaud the success of others...are the $ totals and details really necessary? I understand the "totals" are perking interest...

At the end of the day, do what you want , but I thought this info would be helpful, and I for one appreciate the collaborative effort and would like it to last....

P.S. thanks for the info! :applause: beat me to the phone tonight.

Have a great evening....

[quote name='donut']Ok guys n' gals lets be smart on this new opportunity.

More than one manager has just shared with me this is being monitored...any thoughts Warner? (of course I feigned my usual ignorance...and was trading non duplicate titles)
Have a great evening....[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't doubt that, but did they mention at all how they are going to monitor it?

[quote name='spauldingfan']I wouldn't doubt that, but did they mention at all how they are going to monitor it?[/quote]

With a computer?

[quote name='whatup5']Game GS Price BB TIV (Ratio better than 1.5x in bold)

Jumper $5.85 -> $9
Anubis 2 $6.50 -> $9
Cranium Kabookii $8.45 -> $16
Action Girlz Racing $9.75 -> $9
Madden NFL 07 $9.75 -> 13
Chicken Little: Ace in Action $9.75 -> $16
Surf's Up $9.75 -> $9
Dewys Adventure $9.75 -> $9
Bionicle Heroes $9.75 -> $9
Ninjabread Man $11.05 -> 11

From the list above my fav is Cranium Kabookii. Its almost double and a lot of stores have it in my area.

The following games are ones they dont take trade-ins on:
Monster Trux Offroad
Rig Racer 2
Kidz Sports: Internation Soccer, Ice Hockey, and Basketball[/QUOTE]

"Ninjabread Man" WTF?????

Anyway, some trades:

Transformers (360): $10
Gun (360): $8
Dark Sector (360): wouldn't take :wall: (too many?)

Also got $6 for a Spiderwick Chronicles DVD (got one 'free' from Gamestop.) Asked, and was told that they would be getting Star Wars: Force Unleashed (all systems, presumably) on September 16th. I would also like to note that NFS: Most Wanted (360) still trades for $7 at Gamestop.

[quote name='Unickuta']With a computer?[/QUOTE]
Welcome to 2008.....:applause: but it could be just a district thing or maybe, just maybe they are going to go all out this time. Doesn't hurt to know.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']To all looking for even money flips from BB back to GS:

As long as the "trade in a system, get $20 extra" promo is on, you can flip GBA SP's from BB to GS for even. Cost at BB = $39.99. Base trade in at GS = $20 + $20 bonus credit = $40
[/QUOTE]

Correction - that is a possible flip from GAMERUSH to GS. Don't say BB - you know how that irks me ;). I ain't never seen a GBA SP for sale at no BB.

More than one manager has just shared with me this is being monitored...any thoughts Warner? (of course I feigned my usual ignorance...and was trading non duplicate titles)[/QUOTE]

I wish you'd be more specific. By "this" do you mean THIS particular thread, flipping in general, what? When you throw something out there like that please be specific! In reading through this thread I thought you must have meant the new GS Wii promo since that is the only "this" everyone is talking about. But then, how the hell would BB people monitor that :lol:. So I figured you must mean this thread. But then again, who knows...

ANYWAY...

This is the first I've heard of the Wii coupon. I wish I hadn't bought FF Chocobo Tales last week. Oh well...

I went to a GS here blissfully ignorant of the new coupon. But I di manage to pick up a K&L and SST for $30.38 total (after Edge and 10% coupon) and traded them to a BB I had never been to before for $53. This is the second time when buying K&L that the GS dude has tried to talk me out of it because it is apparently such a bad game :lol:. To get him to shut up about it I just told him I was buying it for someone else (at their request). He then reminded me of the 7 day return policy and to make sure my "friend" knows about that because they will surely hate the game. Classic...

This new BB had a bunch more titles on "clearance" than I'd seen at my local store. I could only write down a handful on the back of my trade-in slip, and I know some were mentioned by others (but got buried in all the flipping discussion). In any case, I'll add these to the OP:

:wii:
Battle of the Bands $19.99
Blast Works $19.99
Boom Blox $39.99 ($29.99 and I'd buy it)
Mario Strikers Charged $39.99
Ninja Reflex $19.99
Sega Superstar Tennis $24.99 (so I'd expect trade-in on that to be low)
We Ski $19.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed $24.99
CoD 4 $54.99
Ratchet & Clank $49.99

:360:
Assassin's Creed $24.99
Burnout Paradise $29.99!
CoD 4 $49.99

Just to reiterate, these are NEW game prices and ought to be nation-wide, though I don't remember if anyone has verified that they got these "clearance" prices at a store not otherwise advertizing them that way. I really want to get Burnout Paradise, but being the cheapass that I am, I want to buy it back home with no sales tax ;). That's probably dumb, though, as I don't remember seeing it much if at all during all my B1G1 flipping runs whereas this store in Tucson had 3 copies.

Another thing about this store - they had a TON of the good B1G1 flippable stuff (excepting Iridium and Power Rangers). It definitely looks like it was untouched by someone "in the know" during the perfect storm.

[quote name='Rob26Smith']Does Madden come in a regular PSP case or is it a sleeve type of deal? I was thinking of getting the Madden PSP trade in madden game and purchase the god of war game. Anybody know how well do PSP games trade at BB? or would it be better at GS?[/quote]
the madden game is in a apper sleeve like the psp bundles have them. i asked the manager at GS when I got it and he looked it up, $20 for madden psp. I have held of on trading it in since I sont have 4 other games, gotta find some at BBv, maybe a small flip from GS->BBV->GS, dont need any profit, just 1:1 games so I can get the bonus, + I'm gonna pick up RE4 wii with that coupon. good thing I held off getting it til now. And also getting a xbl points card at BBV.

Also the contest for syphon filter is still on, so put :imwithst:at the end of your post if your interested.

Not so many interested yet (6 I think). I'll pick out of hat on saturday I think.

Any thoughts on a contest for Beats?

I just added the list of Wii games compiled by Bezerker and whatup5 to the second post. Then I realized they showed only the after coupon GS prices and to be consistent with the rest of the prices I had to convert back to the original GS prices. D'oh! Kind of a pain since I'm on dialup now. Anyway, please post both for any future lists and they will go into the second post faster that way ;).

I had no idea Dewey's Adventure was so cheap now at GS. I might just pick that up for the kids anyway.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']the madden game is in a apper sleeve like the psp bundles have them. i asked the manager at GS when I got it and he looked it up, $20 for madden psp. I have held of on trading it in since I sont have 4 other games, gotta find some at BBv, maybe a small flip from GS->BBV->GS, dont need any profit, just 1:1 games so I can get the bonus, + I'm gonna pick up RE4 wii with that coupon. good thing I held off getting it til now. And also getting a xbl points card at BBV.

Also the contest for syphon filter is still on, so put :imwithst:at the end of your post if your interested.

Not so many interested yet (6 I think). I'll pick out of hat on saturday I think.

Any thoughts on a contest for Beats?[/quote]

What contest??

[quote name='yukafls']What contest??[/quote]

few pages back, I have a syphon filter code and a beats code. And since I got them in psp bundles (syphon filter gow psp got returned, oops). And I got them by flipping. I thought since I didn't want them I'd give them away here instead of the contest forum.

It might be wise to keep the info new simple and Not quote/highlight the obvious r e p e a t e d l y. And while I applaud the success of others...are the $ totals and details really necessary? I understand the "totals" are perking interest...

At the end of the day, do what you want , but I thought this info would be helpful, and I for one appreciate the collaborative effort and would like it to last....

P.S. thanks for the info! :applause: beat me to the phone tonight.

Have a great evening....[/quote]

Must be something specific to your district. While I am (obviously) 100% aware of this thread and the activities, I am also not a clueless douche that likes to ban people the moment I realize they traded in two games. However, put this info in the hands of one of the aforementioned douche's and you've got instaban written all over your account.

My warning to you (and everyone else) is simple... don't be stupid. Trade 1 copy of each game to each store. Period. Don't give stores reason to suspect shit. The only exception to this rule would be my store or any other store that has a cool store manager/assistant manager that likes you and has half a brain.

That being said, it looks like there's a lot of good trade fodder this week, so it shouldn't be too hard to trade 5-6 different games to each store.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']few pages back, I have a syphon filter code and a beats code. And since I got them in psp bundles (syphon filter gow psp got returned, oops). And I got them by flipping. I thought since I didn't want them I'd give them away here instead of the contest forum.[/quote]

What do I have to do(im to lazy to go look at the other pages:lol:)??

[quote name='yukafls']What do I have to do(im to lazy to go look at the other pages:lol:)??[/QUOTE]

just put this -------> :imwithst:

in your post, so I can see who wants in, I'll add you to the list anyways.

Here's my :wii: shopping list for Friday, sorted by ratio (tax not included).

Escape from Bug Island 2.37
Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Rock and Roll Adventures 1.89
Spy Game Elevator Mission 1.89
Legend of the Dragon 1.88
Space Chimps 1.85
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 1.71
Monster Jam 1.71
Chicken Little: Ace in Action 1.64
Dancing with the Stars 1.60
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
George of the Jungle 1.54
Jumper 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 1.48
Anubis 2 1.39
Madden 07 1.33
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith 1.32

[quote name='io'] I wish you'd be more specific. By "this" do you mean THIS particular thread, flipping in general, what? When you throw something out there like that please be specific! In reading through this thread I thought you must have meant the new GS Wii promo since that is the only "this" everyone is talking about. But then, how the hell would BB people monitor that :lol:. So I figured you must mean this thread. But then again, who knows...
[/quote]
I have no idea what he's talking about either...Telling people to not do something but not allude to what "something" is can be confusing as hell. Jesus, makes it sound like we're in a badly written spy novel or something.

[quote name='whymustiregister']Here's my :wii: shopping list for Friday, sorted by ratio (tax not included).

Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Space Chimps 1.85
Monster Jam 1.71
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
Jumper 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Anubis 2 1.38
Madden 07 1.33
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith 1.32[/quote]

thanks for the list. GJ!:applause:

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']the madden game is in a apper sleeve like the psp bundles have them. i asked the manager at GS when I got it and he looked it up, $20 for madden psp. I have held of on trading it in since I sont have 4 other games, gotta find some at BBv, maybe a small flip from GS->BBV->GS, dont need any profit, just 1:1 games so I can get the bonus, + I'm gonna pick up RE4 wii with that coupon. good thing I held off getting it til now. And also getting a xbl points card at BBV.

Any thoughts on a contest for Beats?[/quote]

I'm sure you already know, but you can get $32 if you trade Madden at a GS participating in the extra 50% TIV.

Oh, and :imwithst:

Anyone trade NCAA 09 recently? Just curious if there are any promos involved with it.

More flipping opportunities with Wii games....hmmm, do I want to move credit around again? I think I still have almost $100 at GS to move to Blockbuster if I choose. Hmmm, what to do ;)
:imwithst:

[quote name='whymustiregister']Here's my :wii: shopping list for Friday, sorted by ratio (tax not included).

Bust a Move Bash 1.97
Cranium Kabookii 1.89
Space Chimps 1.85
Monster Jam 1.71
Arctic Tale 1.54
Balls of Fury 1.54
Jumper 1.54
Mini Desktop Racing 1.54
Anubis 2 1.38
Madden 07 1.33
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith 1.32[/quote]

[quote name='luan87us']thanks for the list. GJ!:applause:[/quote]

I second that. As simple as it was, it saves me the trouble of doing it. I was seconds away from making probably the same list and now, thankfully, I don't.

bread's done
Back