The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Does anyone know if that Indiana Jones Indy 500 Car is worth anything? Saw one in a store a few days ago, and wondering if I should pick it up.

[quote name='lordwow']It'd probably be easier to use the Macbook's built in wireless sharing (port->ethernet->macbook->wireless sharing->360 wireless adapter->360) with the 360 wireless adapter. I did that with my Wii the last 2 years of college (as the Wii had built in wireless). It might be more expensive to get that wireless adapter though.[/quote]That would work, but the cheapest I've seen a 360 WLAN adapter is $60 + shipping. A wireless game adapter would work as well to do wireless for the 360, though they're not much cheaper, and not as easy to deal with.

According to this URL, you can get a number of 3rd party USB-to-Ethernet adapters to work on OS X, with a driver they provide:
http://www.sustworks.com/site/news_usb_ethernet.html

Also, they seem to think that the USB-to-Ethernet adapter that Apple sells for the MacBook Air should work on any Mac with OS 10.5.2 or later.

Said adapter is $30 on the Apple store:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB442Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDEyMQ&mco=Mjg4NzM4

damn, there our only 3 pretty good flippable games this week? That sucks. I do have one used space monkeys or orangitangs or whatever near me but I'm probably not going out there just for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Yeah, I was surprised - NO stores within 100 miles of me have Space Chimps.

There is, however, a Fatal Inertia nearby. I'll have to check out that old standby. I just can't get myself to flip the Cabela's games. I know it is probably enbarassing for some of you guys to flip kids games - I have no problem given that I actually have kids. In fact, it is almost more believable for me to flip those - I just tell the BB clerks (if they ask) that the kids were tired of them. But that Cabela stuff, on the other hand, would only be for me and, well, I just can't do it ;).[/QUOTE]

How do you search for games at the Gamestop locations? I looked over the website, but I must have missed it.

Thanks,

vgc

There is a search box on the left side. Enter the title. Then you can put in you zip code to find where the game is located locally.

PS3 Hail to the Chimp is marked down to 19.99 as per the Circuit City markdown thread (thanks neocisco). Assuming that its a usual MSRP drop, it should hit 17.99 used at GS within the week, and possibly on 360 as well. Another possible flip.

pretty stale flip wise this week, only have cabela & Fatal Inertia up the road from here, Im just not sure if $25 profit is worth it for those games

so you think the better route would to try to bridge the connection and use a wireless live adapter rather than the ethernet? My brother has one of those and I would be able to borrow it to see if it works.

I had a quick question...

I am planning on just buying a DS lite with credit at Blockbuster....and sell it on Craigs list brand new in the box, how much do you think I could get in your best estimate?

[quote name='Poor2More']I had a quick question...

I am planning on just buying a DS lite with credit at Blockbuster....and sell it on Craigs list brand new in the box, how much do you think I could get in your best estimate?[/quote]

Depends on how quickly you want to sell it, but I'd price it at $120 and mention that they'd save on tax as well.

[quote name='mkernan']Depends on how quickly you want to sell it, but I'd price it at $120 and mention that they'd save on tax as well.[/quote]

Thanks Im hoping for $110 :), just a way to get credit off my account cause they wont let me put my credit on a giftcard or value card....

[quote name='Poor2More']Thanks Im hoping for $110 :), just a way to get credit off my account cause they wont let me put my credit on a giftcard or value card....[/quote]

I just did the same thing, that is buying a new DS with some of my BBV credit. I sold it on ebay bundled with PDM (bought 2 for $30 at radioshack w/ the $10 coupon) for 142.99 + $10 shipping. Made $3 on the shipping and I also get a 15% powerseller discount on the final value fee. So you can make a litte more money if you put it up on Ebay.

TiV

Downstream Panic! (PSP) $12.50 (got it for $6.50 @ gs yesterday).

Had to trade to BB b/c FYE no longer accepts PSP games for trade (according to the manager) - he said it rang up $.01 there.

However, SecondSpin.com & Wherehouse.com still has it @ $12 base, so he could have just been lazy and didn't want to do a trade-in (based on previous experience with this particular FYE store manager).

[quote name='salparadise78']I just did the same thing, that is buying a new DS with some of my BBV credit. I sold it on ebay bundled with PDM (bought 2 for $30 at radioshack w/ the $10 coupon) for 142.99 + $10 shipping. Made $3 on the shipping and I also get a 15% powerseller discount on the final value fee. So you can make a litte more money if you put it up on Ebay.[/quote]

I vowed to never use ebay again, after they screw the seller with no way of leaving feedback on the buyer :)

Last week I used some GS credit to buy one of those limited edition Pokemon DS bundles, put it on ebay for 139.99 and ended up selling it to a guy in germany + $25 in shipping. If you sell on Ebay definitely don't forget about European and Asian buyers, hell even South American buyers. You can jack up the shipping about 100% and they're happy to buy the stuff. Sorry for getting a little off-topic. Just ideas to free or even grow money if it's stagnating in GS or BBV accounts.

[quote name='Tboz524']so you think the better route would to try to bridge the connection and use a wireless live adapter rather than the ethernet? My brother has one of those and I would be able to borrow it to see if it works.[/quote]It's probably the only way you could get it online. If you can borrow a WLAN adapter for the 360, then that's a cheap way to see if it works at all. If it'll work with WLAN to the MacBook, it would work via Ethernet on the MacBook as well.

[quote name='salparadise78']Last week I used some GS credit to buy one of those limited edition Pokemon DS bundles, put it on ebay for 139.99 and ended up selling it to a guy in germany + $25 in shipping. If you sell on Ebay definitely don't forget about European and Asian buyers, hell even South American buyers. You can jack up the shipping about 100% and they're happy to buy the stuff. Sorry for getting a little off-topic. Just ideas to free or even grow money if it's stagnating in GS or BBV accounts.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I do not think PayPal covers losses from international shipments.

Bladestorm should be $22.75 -> $35. Fatal Inertia should be $16.25 -> $28.50 as well. I will confirm Bladestorm when i head to BB later tonight. I'm taking a night off of major flipping before the big weekend.

Gonna be a fun 4 day weekend. I plan on hitting up 4 different counties. 4 stores supposedly all have Marvel Vs. Capcom for XBX. Here's hoping that they are complete.

[quote name='Bezerker']Bladestorm should be $22.75 -> $35. Fatal Inertia should be $16.25 -> $28.50 as well. I will confirm Bladestorm when i head to BB later tonight. I'm taking a night off of major flipping before the big weekend.

Gonna be a fun 4 day weekend. I plan on hitting up 4 different counties. 4 stores supposedly all have Marvel Vs. Capcom for XBX. Here's hoping that they are complete.[/quote]

weird 3 stores around here got Marvel vs Capcom 2 Xbox earlier this week...

I just bought the Limited Edition Pokemon DS lite from Blockbuster using credit (only used $50 to accumalate $140 in BBV credit :)), and hopefully I can unload it for $125

Some bad nes to report...

Picked up a Cabela's Big Game Hunter and African Safari, as they didn't have Trophy Bucks at that Gamestop, and I wasn't planning on travelling to the others. Took them to GR and here's what happened:

Cabela's Big Game Hunter(360): $22
Cabela's African Safari (360): $12 (quoted)

So I decided to hold on to African Safari, since I always wanted to truy a Cabela's game (living so close to New Jersey, and all...). I've always got the option of returning it.

Anyway, noticed Timeshift (360) was reduced to $15 used at GR. (Still $25 at Gamestop).

Also noticed a WSoPoker:Tournenment of Champions used at GAMESTOP for $13; not sure if anyone's investigated the flip potential.

Google led me here too. I have an original XBL prepaid code that I'd like to use but I'm getting the same error. How did you get it to work? Updating my billing info didn't help and I can't enter the code on the website or on the console. Halp!

Thanks for the update on prices; I was just considering trading in African Safari. That game has had parties of people in stitches-from the way your character celebrates from killing something to the way animals will do back/front flips when hit from certain angles with certain guns.

[quote name='Poor2More']I just bought the Limited Edition Pokemon DS lite from Blockbuster using credit (only used $50 to accumalate $140 in BBV credit :)), and hopefully I can unload it for $125[/QUOTE]

Yep, they got one in at my local store today. They also got Mario Super Sluggers and I felt kind of bad because the manager said "I have something for you!" as I walked in and I told her I had to think about it because of the reviews I've read (absolutely the truth). I suppose I could have just bought it and ebayed it for $40-$45, but I just didn't feel like dealing with that. I may still go in and get it (I didn't cancel the preorder yet). I definitely want the game but I figure I can wait for a GS 25% off coupon or for it to drop to $29.99. I had no problem getting the original Gamecube version at launch because I was able to use the $30 preorder deal from GR back then - man I miss that promo :cry:.

I was going to make up for it by preordering both Viva Pinata games (360 and DS) but they still aren't in the system - which means not only are they not getting them for sale, they aren't even getting them for rent! It is astounding to me they wouldn't have VP2 for the 360, at least, for rent - it seems like an obvious family rental type of thing (I'm buying it of course - I guess from Gamestop). This store is in a small town and tends to overstock the kids' titles so I'm doubly surprised.

I think we also have our first DS rental conversion example. I've now seen Assassin's Creed DS used at 2 different stores - that has to mean it's a converted rental as there's no way someone traded those in to these 2 stores when they have no other used DS games. It was $14.99 by the way so it really has no flipping potential (GS sells it for $19.99 new) but maybe someone might want it for themselves.

More bad news from the OC, I was at the F.V store which recently had a manager change, and was informed (very quietly) by the cool rep (you know who you are if your reading this), that I was being watched for potential flipping, "because flipping was illegal". Now, I don't think he meant illegal, but he was rushing out so I think he was just rushing the warning. I'm guessing the recent influx of new people trading at this store has raised the flags. But I'm thinking I will need to stop trading at this store for a while, and concentrate on trading with my local GR. Pity as this store is my local store. I wish BB would just grow up and act like a real game store :(

[quote name='stoned99']More bad news from the OC, I was at the F.V store which recently had a manager change, and was informed (very quietly) by the cool rep (you know who you are if your reading this), that I was being watched for potential flipping, "because flipping was illegal". Now, I don't think he meant illegal, but he was rushing out so I think he was just rushing the warning. I'm guessing the recent influx of new people trading at this store has raised the flags. But I'm thinking I will need to stop trading at this store for a while, and concentrate on trading with my local GR. Pity as this store is my local store. I wish BB would just grow up and act like a real game store :([/QUOTE]

I guess it was only a matter of time before word spread about flipping games between GS and GR/BB, seeing as the influx of people asking how to do it just within this post. And you have to think there are many more lurkers who just read while not posting/contributing. It only takes a few to ruin a good thing for the rest of us. I wonder if flipping to GR/BB led to record profits/growth at GS, seeing as how they reported larger than expected earnings. I wish people were smart enough to realize that a good parasite does not kill its host because its life is tied to its host's. Or the saying, "you can shear a sheep many times, but you can only kill it once" or something to those words.

If there are more than 3 flippers in an area, the managers are going to notice when they keep getting the same games traded in by each flipper on their first run, much more so if the 3 start trading in multiple runs.

i juss checked out the blockbuster website...its pretty awesome right now..you can order movies through it...and you can use your gift cards...im going to try it out tonight...

[quote name='judgeTurpin']i juss checked out the blockbuster website...its pretty awesome right now..you can order movies through it...and you can use your gift cards...im going to try it out tonight...[/quote]

It used to be better, Blockbuster's site used to let you do a store locator for their used game inventory, it even had stuff like Suikoden 1 & 2 on it.

Maybe one day should Blockbuster ever get a real software system (get the hell off of DOS) they'll be able to centralize the website and stores, and maybe even let stores see what other stores have in stock.

I skipped the BB trip tonight, I'll go tomorrow morning after I pick up some flips. I've got the following to dump to BB:

MLB 07 The show (PS3) x1 (250 pts on goozex)
Eye of Judgment (PS3) x3 (got for $9 - $12 each on the internet)
Monster Jam (Wii) x1 (600 pts on goozex)
Cabela's Trophy Bucks & Big Game Hunter (360) 1x each.
Bladestorm (360) 1x

I'm starting to feel sorry for some of the stores, they have so many EoJ's thanks to me.

*edit*
Its not much of a flip, but if you need something extra, WSOP: All In (360) should be $5.85 -> $10.

We live in the land of the FREE. I say, "Be free and flip where-ever you want and how-ever many you want my cheapass friends." Can I get an amen???

Just an update to whoever was interested in my last post about having my edge card credit stolen...

Took a week, but the employee was canned and I got my credit back... in cash! Store Manager apologized and transferred my remaining credit to a new card. In the end, not a bad deal. Woulda been nice to get something extra for my troubles, but I guess a 1:1 credit --> cash transfer does kinda count as extra.

PS- Haven't been able to follow the thread too closely since I just got back from my family emergency, but stores will definitely have Mercenaries 2 in store on Sunday (we got ours already, just can't put it out yet).

[quote name='Warner1281']Just an update to whoever was interested in my last post about having my edge card credit stolen...

Took a week, but the employee was canned and I got my credit back... in cash! Store Manager apologized and transferred my remaining credit to a new card. In the end, not a bad deal. Woulda been nice to get something extra for my troubles, but I guess a 1:1 credit --> cash transfer does kinda count as extra.[/QUOTE]

Eh, not really - if it was a case of an employee stealing your credit and you had to take the initiative to get it back yourself they should have given you something else - at least a used DS game or something...

Anyway, can you look into this Viva Pinata thing? I find it hard ot believe they wouldn't even have copies on order for rent. It is still not even in the system.

So, I went ahead and did some trades today and picked up PMDs, TGC, and Shrek3. I also found a Wii copy of Metal Gear Anthology. Do you think I should grab another filler to make up the five copies and save the MGA for the next promotion?

[quote name='Warner1281']Just an update to whoever was interested in my last post about having my edge card credit stolen...

PS- Haven't been able to follow the thread too closely since I just got back from my family emergency, but stores will definitely have Mercenaries 2 in store on Sunday (we got ours already, just can't put it out yet).[/quote]

Glad you got your credit back and hope your family situation is alright.

Good to hear about Mercenaries 2 .... sounds like I might be able to snag it at midnight since my local store is open til 1 on Sat. nights. Assuming I'm actually around and awake then.

Need to find an IR, GC and a $10 game at BB to flip to GS. Both PMDs are available in my BBs but I pretty much cleaned out IR & GC. If I can find them, I will flip to GS and pick up 6 of the Cabela games. I will then flip those to BB and pick up Mercenaries 2, Army of Two and Bully (all new) for basically $75.xx in BB credit. I don't really want to use up my GS credit unless it is for a big gain.

Good to hear that BB got Mario Sluggers in. I had it pre-ordered at GS but I would rather use BB credit to pick it up for my son. Same goes for Lego Batman Wii but that is one of BB's "Featured Pre-orders" games so it should be available.

[quote name='emg28']Need to find an IR, GC and a $10 game at BB to flip to GS. Both PMDs are available in my BBs but I pretty much cleaned out IR & GC.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget you can throw in a Jampack or a Burger King game or something. If you don't have any, you can buy Sneak King for 44 cents (or 32 cents if you feel it is worth wasting the ink on the 25% off coupon ;)) from one GS and trade it in at another with your 4 other games.

[quote name='Bezerker']It used to be better, Blockbuster's site used to let you do a store locator for their used game inventory, it even had stuff like Suikoden 1 & 2 on it.
I saw Suikoden V yesterday at BBV. It was marked at 14.99. I doubt it will ring up less then that. Is it so rare that I should buy it? It sells for 24.99 at GS, so I might just buy it for a near even flip with the 40% promo tomorrow.

Man I went crazy today. I've flipped before but never have found this many gamest o flip both ways.

Started today with Blacksite, poker game, rock band and the club.

Traded those in and got the 2 PMD games. Bought both cabela games along witha n prey and vamp rain, fliped to BBV, got 2 more PMDs, traded, vice versa. Until I effectively doubles my GS credit and tripled my BBV credit. Those cabela games worked great. I found a pair at 4 different GSs in my work area. That bladestorm I saw marked at 26.99 was boughtne by someone between the past 2 days. That would have been a great flip. Now its time to sleep and wake up for 8 hours of driving school. (speeding ticket).

[quote name='io']Don't forget you can throw in a Jampack or a Burger King game or something. If you don't have any, you can buy Sneak King for 44 cents (or 32 cents if you feel it is worth wasting the ink on the 25% off coupon ;)) from one GS and trade it in at another with your 4 other games.[/quote]

Thanks Io. I just noticed that Professor Layton gets $21 (after Edge & bonus) at GS. There is a used copy ($19.99) at my BB. No need to look for IR or GC. I'll just pick up a couple of the BK games along with the Cabela games and trade in at another GS. Sneak King and either BB or PR for $1.28 (AC). :lol:

NHL 08 on 360 and Ps3 is $10 at Mircocenter (even less with Price match if you can get one) if anyone has a microcenter close by. I tried to get a Tiv on it tonight but I wasn't able to get to Blockbuster before it closed, I'll try again tommorow.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']NHL 08 on 360 and Ps3 is $10 at Mircocenter (even less with Price match if you can get one) if anyone has a microcenter close by. I tried to get a Tiv on it tonight but I wasn't able to get to Blockbuster before it closed, I'll try again tommorow.[/quote]

Doubtful that it's flippable, sports games drop in TiV soo quickly. Plus it's a cash=>credit flip.

[quote name='io']Don't forget you can throw in a Jampack or a Burger King game or something. If you don't have any, you can buy Sneak King for 44 cents (or 32 cents if you feel it is worth wasting the ink on the 25% off coupon ;)) from one GS and trade it in at another with your 4 other games.[/quote]

isn't sneak king 49 cents because of the 50% off promo? How would the 25% coupon stack onto that? The cheapest it will be is 39 cents with the EDGE bonus. :booty:

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']isn't sneak king 49 cents because of the 50% off promo? How would the 25% coupon stack onto that? The cheapest it will be is 39 cents with the EDGE bonus. :booty:[/QUOTE]

I dunno - I was just seaching for cheap Xbox 360 games on the web site and this came up on top - I didn't notice it had anything to do with the 50% off promo, sorry ;).

Wow, I noticed something both cool and lame on the GS site. Now you can search for new release titles and they'll give you the locations of used copies as well. Used to have to wait 30 days until they popped up on there. It's lame because I had to wait a month to find out where a copy of Operation Darkness was but now I can pop on there and discover there's a used copy of Too Human and the nearest GS right now. Sadly, no copies of Tales of Vesperia have been traded in yet.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Wow, I noticed something both cool and lame on the GS site. Now you can search for new release titles and they'll give you the locations of used copies as well. Used to have to wait 30 days until they popped up on there. It's lame because I had to wait a month to find out where a copy of Operation Darkness was but now I can pop on there and discover there's a used copy of Too Human and the nearest GS right now. Sadly, no copies of Tales of Vesperia have been traded in yet.[/quote]

Good catch, I just noticed that yesterday, when they already have a used copy locater for Tales of Vesperia

[quote name='Poor2More']Good catch, I just noticed that yesterday, when they already have a used copy locater for Tales of Vesperia[/quote]

Yeah now I'm playing around with it and I'm getting kind of pissed. Apparently there was a used copy of Tiger Woods 09 at the store I went to last night, but I saw no such copy. Don't feel much like heading back up there again either.

bread's done
Back