The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='JJSP']Likely ~$8 or so, as BB sells it for $19.99 used.[/quote]

Ah, that sucks. I can't find a good place to get rid of it lol.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Ah, that sucks. I can't find a good place to get rid of it lol.[/quote]
Lamestop as part of the "Trade $3, get $15?" deal? They're giving $11, so with bonus + edge, it'd be $17ish.

[quote name='findammon']what system are these for[/quote]

Wii, Wii, 360, 360.

Anyone know what Mario Party 5 and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the GC are worth disc only at GS/Ebay?

My closest BBV just got a huge shipment of GC games(Over 20+) and they now have almost 3 racks of 360 games. I'm going to assume it was because I bought well over 80+ games during the perfect storm and about 20+ PS2 games at that store after that.. I haven't checked out the other BBV's I bought games at. I didn't buy nearly as many at the others as I did at this one. And now, off to go trade some games.

I'd trade it in at GS but there isn't one in my town. I guess 12 at bb is better than 5 at hastings though. Might trade that and Uncharted in and put the money down on Little Big Planet.

Bah, I was trying to unload the last of my BBV > GS flips before the promo ended and ended up flipping two of the same game to the same store by accident. I guess the radar's up in that particular store, so I'm stuck with cash flips until things cool down a bit, unless I can trade it in at another store. Anyone know if GS trade-ins track your trades across different stores or is it store-by-store?

Either way I suppose it isn't really a huge loss, especially if BBV starts carrying gift cards. I think the GS guy might have been a CAGer, since he knew what all the good flips were.

Oh, yeah, and before I forget:

GS -> BBV:
WSOP:BftB: $20
Chicken Little: $13
Cranium Kabooki: $16

BBV -> GS (with Edge):
Bioshock: $12.10
Elebits: $5.50
Soldier of Fortune Payback (360): $6.60

I traded in a copy of Sega Superstar Tennis (Wii) to BBV 1 hr ago for $13. Then I spent $10 to pre-order Iron Man Special Edition to get the bobble head. I heard them saying "It's a good day today!" when I was preordering...lol.

just a fyi for those interested in the psn cards or any of the new gift cards they are stocking, at one blockbuster a manager rang me up and said they are not allowing gift cards to be purchased using gift cards. take it for what it is as i don't trust any of my local bb managers. i just made my way to another bbv and purchased a $50 psn card using a value card with no problems.

wow... just got back from Blockbuster today and man... after dealing with them I will no longer be trading my shit into Gamestop. Their trade in values are way better plus you can do cold hard cash without them giving you less credit. if a game gets you $30 credit you can get $30 straight up for it in cash... crazy. (probably all you know this, but I'm very un-informed about Blockbuster stuff).

I think I'll be trading up for Rock Band 2 bundle at Blockbuster for PS3 now...

oh and I traded in Elebits (Paid $7 for it got $6 credit), skate. (got $20 credit... love it but traded it since skate. 2 will be out soon), and eye of judgment ($30 credit, without camera or cards which will be going on ebay).

with that I got a $50 PSN shop card and the guy gave me $4 in cash back from the leftover.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... just got back from Blockbuster today and man... after dealing with them I will no longer be trading my shit into Gamestop. Their trade in values are way better plus you can do cold hard cash without them giving you less credit. if a game gets you $30 credit you can get $30 straight up for it in cash... crazy. (probably all you know this, but I'm very un-informed about Blockbuster stuff).[/quote]

I've never heard of that - here in the Tampa Bay area it's trade credit or nothing.

BBV -> GS (after edge and 15$ bonus)
Wii Avatar: The last air bender: 9.99 -> 8.30
360 Rockstar Games Table Tennis: 6.99 -> 7.20
360 Star Trek Legacy: 9.99 -> 10.50
360 Sega Revo Rally: 9.99 -> 10.50
Wii Legend of Spyro: 9.99 -> 11.60
Wii Red Steel: 9.99 -> 10.50

Other things I noticed today. Metal Slug Anthology PSP is 19.99 used at GS and is 34.99 used at BBV (might be an okay flip with the -30% at GS this week, 14$ with discounts). Manhunt 2 for the Wii is marked down to 14.99 now at BBV.

I know the prices are mostly reposts, but those are the prices I received today. I also saw a used copy of wii fit for 84.99 today. Everything they had with it was near mint... almost tempted to buy it with the coupon/edge for 60.00.

You got really lucky Rolento. They aren't supposed to give you cash for trades. I don't think you'll get that to happen again.

Just turned $64 BB credit to $67 GS credit :). Only made about $0.90 on each game traded in, but I'm happy with that.

I got a cool mass effect facepalte and skin today for 4.99 !

but I have no idea how to install the face plate lol

Is there anywhere online that will teach you ?

[quote name='akokonas']Wow if there is really the possiability of Amazon gift cards that is frickin awesome. I have been accumulating credit at BB more than Gamestop because I feel its a better deal for your money. I know a lot of people like converting there BB credit to GS but is it really worth all the trouble for just moving credit and making a dollar? I dont know about you but I like to make money and make more the quickest way possiable. BB might not have every game like GS but they sure have plenty to choose and even new releases as well. Now with this Amazon gift card can you say SONY BRAVIA LCD!!![/quote]

For people who like to pick up older and less popular games? Yes. GS credit is the way to go and it is absolutely worth that extra dollar. I would take $25 GS credit over $30 BBV credit any day of the week (if it were credit I had to use to SPEND and not FLIP).

The Amazon part of the equation changes things entirely. I can now see the formula being: Trade to GS, pick up flip fodder, trade to BBV, pick up flip fodder and Amazon card, trade to GS, repeat, repeat, repeat.

[quote name='Sa2vador']^ My BBV doesn't do cash.....YMMV?[/quote]

VERY YMMV. Many of the Blockbusters even preface the transaction by saying, "We only trade for credit." I'm assuming that means they used to give cash or some places still do take cash. I haven't come across any. Rolento's pretty damn lucky if he's got one in his area.

I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask, people, but don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='GuardianE']
The Amazon part of the equation changes things entirely. I can now see the formula being: Trade to GS, pick up flip fodder, trade to BBV, pick up flip fodder and Amazon card, trade to GS, repeat, repeat, repeat.[/quote]

It would be killer for the random times when Amazon has a good flip. The last time I actually spent cash on a flip was back when Amazon had Fatal Inertia for $13 and BB paid $32 for it.

TIV (note space chimps) as of about 25 minutes ago on the east coast.

Space chimps 360 - 15
Alone in the dark Wii - 30
Fifa 08 360 - 15

[quote name='DarkRider23']Wii, Wii, 360, 360.

Anyone know what Mario Party 5 and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the GC are worth disc only at GS/Ebay?

My closest BBV just got a huge shipment of GC games(Over 20+) and they now have almost 3 racks of 360 games. I'm going to assume it was because I bought well over 80+ games during the perfect storm and about 20+ PS2 games at that store after that.. I haven't checked out the other BBV's I bought games at. I didn't buy nearly as many at the others as I did at this one. And now, off to go trade some games.[/quote]

I just sold a complete copy of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on eBay not more than three days ago and it went for $25. I was expecting a little more since there seemed to be a surge in prices for the game a couple of months ago. That surge has all but disappeared.

[quote name='millerjm2']I just sold a complete copy of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on eBay not more than three days ago and it went for $25. I was expecting a little more since there seemed to be a surge in prices for the game a couple of months ago. That surge has all but disappeared.[/quote]

Guess I'll just leave them be for now. If GS has that extra 30% sale though, they will be good flips. Thanks for the info.

And I almost forgot. I gave a 20% off coupon to 2 kids today. They looked like they were 14 years old or something. Saved them around $30. They were buying used games that were $34.99. Don't remember what games unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dyeknom']BBV -> GS (after edge and 15$ bonus)
Wii Avatar: The last air bender: 9.99 -> 8.30
360 Rockstar Games Table Tennis: 6.99 -> 7.20
360 Star Trek Legacy: 9.99 -> 10.50
360 Sega Revo Rally: 9.99 -> 10.50
Wii Legend of Spyro: 9.99 -> 11.60
Wii Red Steel: 9.99 -> 10.50

Other things I noticed today. Metal Slug Anthology PSP is 19.99 used at GS and is 34.99 used at BBV (might be an okay flip with the -30% at GS this week, 14$ with discounts). Manhunt 2 for the Wii is marked down to 14.99 now at BBV.

I know the prices are mostly reposts, but those are the prices I received today. I also saw a used copy of wii fit for 84.99 today. Everything they had with it was near mint... almost tempted to buy it with the coupon/edge for 60.00.[/quote]

metal slug could be a good flip. I wonder what is the TIV

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... just got back from Blockbuster today and man... after dealing with them I will no longer be trading my shit into Gamestop. Their trade in values are way better plus you can do cold hard cash without them giving you less credit. if a game gets you $30 credit you can get $30 straight up for it in cash... crazy. (probably all you know this, but I'm very un-informed about Blockbuster stuff)..[/QUOTE]

Um, no, that was a colossal mistake by that BBV clerk :)...

That's not to say I haven't gotten cash occasionally, but it is usually when they mess something up or take too long for whatever reason and they offer it (without me asking) as compensation.

[quote name='io']Um, no, that was a colossal mistake by that BBV clerk :)...

That's not to say I haven't gotten cash occasionally, but it is usually when they mess something up or take too long for whatever reason and they offer it (without me asking) as compensation.[/quote]

I wish they would compensate me... I stood in line for over half an hour(it might have even been 45 minutes) to trade in 2 games and buy 10. It took them forever to find the 10 games in the back. I don't get why most stores don't just put the games in the security cases. I know they have enough of those damn things. They have piles of them 30+ high... On top of that, the employee didn't know how to do a trade-in. I even had to tell him that there was a receipt I had to sign. >_<

I know this is asked all the time, but... Will the trade 3 get $15 promo still work tomorrow? I'm planning on doing my final run of BBV->GS credit tomorrow. Got about $90 in credit to transfer and then I can buy more games.

[quote name='sp00ge']Nice, judging by the OP's name, the douche couldn't even give proper credit of where the "deal" came from. Typical SD dealings, though. Not the first time, won't be the last.[/QUOTE]

Actually, It's a good thing that he didn't mention his source. Otherwise those sders will flock this forum and bring more competition.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I wish they would compensate me... I stood in line for over half an hour(it might have even been 45 minutes) to trade in 2 games and buy 10. It took them forever to find the 10 games in the back. I don't get why most stores don't just put the games in the security cases. I know they have enough of those damn things. They have piles of them 30+ high... On top of that, the employee didn't know how to do a trade-in. I even had to tell him that there was a receipt I had to sign. >_<

I know this is asked all the time, but... Will the trade 3 get $15 promo still work tomorrow? I'm planning on doing my final run of BBV->GS credit tomorrow. Got about $90 in credit to transfer and then I can buy more games.[/QUOTE]

Well, I wouldn't say I've been compensated that much - I've had plenty of 1/2 hour or more waits for nothing (like, they couldn't even find the games they had cases for) as well.

The GS promo will definitely be in effect tomorrow (isn't it through 9/21?). The big question is whether it will be extended. I imagine it would, but we won't know for sure until someone gets the bonus on Monday or they update the web site (which won't happen till the end of the week based on their previous extensions).

[quote name='gi60']Actually, It's a good thing that he didn't mention his source. Otherwise those sders will flock this forum and bring more competition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly. It's kind of cute in a way with so many of them thinking BB trade-ins are only a regional thing and giving up after a call or two ;). Also, it's pretty funny to see those who will "wait" for RB2 to come in (if it ain't there now it either sold out or isn't coming most likely). And they also appear to have no knowledge of Value cards (credit is "attached" to a store according to one). And one of them came up with this amazing concept that maybe some Target clearance games might trade for a lot and it might even be possible to make some money that way! Wow!

[quote name='bgame2']TIV (note space chimps) as of about 25 minutes ago on the east coast.

Space chimps 360 - 15
Alone in the dark Wii - 30
Fifa 08 360 - 15[/quote]
I know a lot of people got their alone in the dark - wii from cc but with the gs 20% promotion you can get it their used for 17.50 after edge which would still be a good flip to bbv

[quote name='gi60']Actually, It's a good thing that he didn't mention his source. Otherwise those sders will flock this forum and bring more competition.[/quote]

I don't think it really matters if he mentioned it or not. There are going to be other posts that mention CAG on those other forums and it doesn't mean people will migrate here. I found out about CAG first and then in later posts I found out about FW and SD. Did I join them? No. If people are really interested they will find out and join. I do have to laugh at that Target clearance into profit comment above me though. :lol:

the cash for trade thing I can say seemed like the entire store was ok with it...

When I talked to the guy I asked him twice that the money I would get back would be store credit and he corrected me each time that it was cold cash. I had a hard time myself believing it.

dont bs yourself or anyone else RR. that employee made a mistake and when his manager sees what he did he will get chewed out and be on toilet duties for a year.

[quote name='monkeydeew']dont bs yourself or anyone else RR. that employee made a mistake and when his manager sees what he did he will get chewed out and be on toilet duties for a year.[/quote]

Technically, the computers are now programmed to allow cash for trades. However, corporate hasn't released a statement or communication saying we can use that option. So as it stands, BBV still only gives credit, but if someone were to use the cash option, the computer would do it w/o a problem and no extra paperwork would print up to bring on the scrutiny of the store manager.

I think the option is on there because corporate is toying with the idea of giving cash or credit (presumably the programming will be changed such that cash is 20% less). As an employee I hope to god they don't, but as a CAG, I can only hope :bouncy:

TiVs 9/20

Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge (Wii) - $20
Bust-A-Move Bash (Wii) - $20
Hail to the Chimp (PS3) - $23

bread's done
Back