The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

On Monday the trade in deal is going to be 2 for $10 bonus. It might run in conjunction with the 3 for
$15 bonus also. Don't remember. Also they are doing the trade in a system get a bonus $20, though I heard that TIV on some systems have dropped.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I can understand that he might have made a mistake, but I'll try my luck again later sometime.[/quote]

Try your luck a lot and try it a lot soon. Hopefully you can get 100% cash trade-ins from this BBV until an alert goes out to either a) not give cash anymore or b) reduce the trade in value. If you can confirm this as working, you can pretty much pick up any clearanced out game at Walmart, Target, or Kmart and get more cash than you paid.

Take advantage while you can! You're sitting on a goldmine! :D

[quote name='Sa2vador']On Monday the trade in deal is going to be 2 for $10 bonus. It might run in conjunction with the 3 for
$15 bonus also. Don't remember. Also they are doing the trade in a system get a bonus $20, though I heard that TIV on some systems have dropped.[/quote]

Wouldn't it be cool if BBV had a B1G1 while GS had a trade 2, get 10 :applause::bouncy::lol: and there was a 20 or 25% off coupon at GS?

[quote name='Sa2vador']On Monday the trade in deal is going to be 2 for $10 bonus. It might run in conjunction with the 3 for
$15 bonus also. Don't remember. Also they are doing the trade in a system get a bonus $20, though I heard that TIV on some systems have dropped.[/quote]

What exactly is the point of 2 for $10? It's essentially the same as 3 for $15...right? Actually I think I'm wrong but I'm tired

[quote name='Quintox']What exactly is the point of 2 for $10? It's essentially the same as 3 for $15...right? Actually I think I'm wrong but I'm tired[/QUOTE]

Basically yes. But for those who have cleared out their BBV it'll be a way to still get the same value as the $15 promo but with less games. You know, you have five games but you can't find the one more to make it a good flip.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wouldn't it be cool if BBV had a B1G1 while GS had a trade 2, get 10 :applause::bouncy::lol: and there was a 20 or 25% off coupon at GS?[/quote]

You must've missed it that was a few months back B1G1 > trade 2 with bonus $15 gamestop once in a blue moon deal. I still have too many left over credit at gamestop

[quote name='CaoPi']You must've missed it that was a few months back B1G1 > trade 2 with bonus $15 gamestop once in a blue moon deal. I still have too many left over credit at gamestop[/quote]

I know. I made nearly $1500 credit during that deal without traveling very very far either. I'm just wishing for a 2nd perfect storm that I know wont be soon (if ever) because so many wii games are 14.99 and 9.99 at BBV right now :roll:

I went to GS today and tried to trade in 3 games from BBV. One of them was scratched pretty good but the other two were fine. I walked into my local GS and saw the guy who gave me refurb fees last time. He asked for the next customer and started to process my trade. He threw on two $2 refurb fees.

I took my games and left, making sure that the whole store knew that out of 30+ Gamestops that I've been to, he was the only employee to EVER charge refurb fees. The guy is a straight up douche adding them without telling me.

I'll heard to a different GStoppo tomorrow. fuck that guy.

Is trading in systems ymmv? I was told over the phone they dont take 360's today.

Also a quick plug if ur looking for a cricket phone and have some spare credit check out my thread in the trading section. :cool:

[quote name='nlyonssmith']I took my games and left, making sure that the whole store knew that out of 30+ Gamestops that I've been to, he was the only employee to EVER charge refurb fees. The guy is a straight up douche adding them without telling me.[/quote]

I've never had an employee tell me when they were charging a refurb fee. I would know based on the total they quote, and I would make a point of letting them know that they should tell the customer about the fee. The times I've been hit with the fee have at least been legit, though (pretty bad circle scratches, etc.).

[quote name='Quintox']What exactly is the point of 2 for $10? It's essentially the same as 3 for $15...right? Actually I think I'm wrong but I'm tired[/quote]

The 2 for $10 is actually a lot better if you ask me. I have an easier time finding 2 games to trade than I do 3. Hopefully BBV has a B1G1 ;).

TIV BBV 9/21 about 10:30am

:wii: Sea Monsters -- $23 ($19.99 at GS before discounts)
:wii: Big Brain Academy-- $16
:ps3: Wall-E -- $30 ($34.99 at GS before discounts)
:360: Wall-E -- $28.50
:360: Americas Army -- $22
:ps3: Vampire Rain Altered Species -- $23

So ummm earlier I decided to play Burnout Paradise for the first time since getting it from Gamefly like a month ago.

Not to long into playing it, the screen got kind of colorful, I thought maybe it was something that was suppose to happen. But then when I looked at my Dashboard, it was kind of yellowish so I knew something was up.

At first I checked my actual TV and nothing was wrong with it. So I turned the 360 back on and there is sound, but NO PICTURE! And my HD setting was showing 480i instead of 720p like I had it on.

This is driving me insane, I don't know why it's doing that as I have all my cables connected properly.

Heads up everyone. Nights and Legend of Spyro for the Wii seem to have gone up to $14.99 overnight. I bought Nights for $9.99 yesterday and went in to a different store to buy another copy and it was marked at $9.99 but rang up $14.99. All their copies were marked at $9.99 as was Spyro. The damn douchebags wouldn't override the system. Most of my trading is going to be done there so I just left with a Geo Wars.

I was pretty steamed when I left, but I'll get over it. Just missed out on five $9.99->$11.60 flips which would have definitely been nice.

Anyone know if all states have laws which require the store to sell you the item at the tagged price? I know California has that law, but I'm not sure about New Jersey.

[quote name='Quintox']What exactly is the point of 2 for $10? It's essentially the same as 3 for $15...right? Actually I think I'm wrong but I'm tired[/QUOTE]

It's not the same, because it's really trade 4 for $20.

Anyway, scrounged up a trio of games to trade-in towards, with the coupon of course, Too Human. Since I had the option of getting a $10 game along with $9 ib credit, stopped at GR first and traded:

Viking (360): $19

Picked up Enchanted Arms for $10 and continued on to Gamestop (passing "Go", I guess)...

Gamestop trades (w/ bonuses):

Lost Planet (360): $9.40
Star Trek Legacy (360): $10.50
Enchanted Arms (360): $10.50
Unreal Campionship II: Liandri... (Xbox): $1.65

Luckily wasn't charged any refurb fees, even though all had minor scratches and I was even forced to clean Enchanted Arms en route...

Went to GR bought:
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) $9.99
Table Tennis (360) - $6.99 [sticker said $9.99]
Spyro: Eternal Night (Wii) - $9.99

Drove to GS:
Metal Slug $9.99 ---> $11.60
Spyro $9.99 ---> $11.60
Table Tennis $6.99 ---> $7.20
after all promos

Bought:
AITD $17.49
Bust a Move $12.59
Viking $12.59

After lunch I'm going back to GR to trade these in, then buy more games at GR, then trade into GS, then probably pick up Condemned 2. whew. Funny thing is at the GS I went to, the guy that rang me up kept saying "sweet" in a stoner tone everytime I said yes to whatever he asked. :D

"Do you have your EDGE card"
"yeah" (hands to him)
"Schweet"
"Alone in the dark, schweet. Viking, schweet"
(not joking)

[quote name='DarkRider23']Heads up everyone. Nights and Legend of Spyro for the Wii seem to have gone up to $14.99 overnight. I bought Nights for $9.99 yesterday and went in to a different store to buy another copy and it was marked at $9.99 but rang up $14.99. All their copies were marked at $9.99 as was Spyro. The damn douchebags wouldn't override the system. Most of my trading is going to be done there so I just left with a Geo Wars.

I was pretty steamed when I left, but I'll get over it. Just missed out on five $9.99->$11.60 flips which would have definitely been nice.

Anyone know if all states have laws which require the store to sell you the item at the tagged price? I know California has that law, but I'm not sure about New Jersey.[/quote]

Im pretty sure florida does too. Not sure about new jersey. The same thing has happened to me at BBV and I did the same thing as you because I didn't want to cause a problem at a BBV I frequent. The price of Nights probably went up just because we've been buying them all to flip (I've bought and flipped 4) and maybe someone at BBV realized that GS charges more for it. The people at BBV willd drop it back down to 9.99 eventually (maybe a couple months) now that we stop buying it to flip.

I bought a copy of Nights today and it was only $9.99, I guess Darkrider is just unlucky (or karma has caught up with him). I never noticed about Spyro being flippable. I left a few of those behind, so ill be sure to pick them up.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So ummm earlier I decided to play Burnout Paradise for the first time since getting it from Gamefly like a month ago.

Not to long into playing it, the screen got kind of colorful, I thought maybe it was something that was suppose to happen. But then when I looked at my Dashboard, it was kind of yellowish so I knew something was up.

At first I checked my actual TV and nothing was wrong with it. So I turned the 360 back on and there is sound, but NO PICTURE! And my HD setting was showing 480i instead of 720p like I had it on.

This is driving me insane, I don't know why it's doing that as I have all my cables connected properly.[/QUOTE]
Check and make sure the switch on your cable for your 360 didn't get switched to "TV"

I also have a question. In Halo 3, when I'm playing a game, I can't hear some of my friends. I know this isn't a headset or lag issue because it's always the same friends-- I can also hear everyone in the lobby before the game. I ran a connection test and it says my NAT is open. Any ideas?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Check and make sure the switch on your cable for your 360 didn't get switched to "TV"

[/quote]

Once again, I have everything connected properly.

this is off-topic, but i'm a noob at this stuff. I don't really get why do people transfer credit from one store to the other? Is it so they don't have to spend hard cash to flip games? I have 40 bucks in credit at BB but 0 at GS, and my BB store dorsn't sell used games.

Went to BB
Wii Battalion Wars 2 24.99 -> BB only 16!
Wii Bust a Move Bash not accepted due to scratches
picked up
360 Prey 7
360 Just Cause 7
Wii Avatar Burning Earth 9.99
GC LoZ Twilight Princess 15

Went over to GS
returned Battalion Wars 2 and Bust a Move Bash
Prey 1.10
Just Cause 2.20
Couldn't get the dang 3 for $15 bonus...

[quote name='ChuckFuXVI']Went to BB
Wii Battalion Wars 2 24.99 -> BB only 16!
Wii Bust a Move Bash not accepted due to scratches
picked up
360 Prey 7
360 Just Cause 7
Wii Avatar Burning Earth 9.99
GC LoZ Twilight Princess 15

Went over to GS
returned Battalion Wars 2 and Bust a Move Bash
Prey 1.10
Just Cause 2.20
Couldn't get the dang 3 for $15 bonus...[/quote]

games have to be over $2 or over for the bonus. Same thing happened to me today so I went to Blockbuster and traded them in.

[quote name='sarge1991']this is off-topic, but i'm a noob at this stuff. I don't really get why do people transfer credit from one store to the other? Is it so they don't have to spend hard cash to flip games? I have 40 bucks in credit at BB but 0 at GS, and my BB store dorsn't sell used games.[/QUOTE]

The Blockbuster trade-in values are in most cases much higher than Gamestop (or any other game store) usually they are extremely slow to adjust trade in values from retail price drops and the general age of the game.

The over inflated trade values Blockbuster gives are then exploited by buying games at clearance prices or used games at Gamestop.

However, this credit isn't worth as much as credit at Gamestop so people trade games from Blockbuster back to Gamestop. This credit can be then used to flip more games back to Blockbuster.

Sorry if this has been posted recently, but does Rock Band (360) still trade in for $32? I'm thinking about trading it in for Rock Band 2.

[quote name='sarge1991']this is off-topic, but i'm a noob at this stuff. I don't really get why do people transfer credit from one store to the other? Is it so they don't have to spend hard cash to flip games? I have 40 bucks in credit at BB but 0 at GS, and my BB store dorsn't sell used games.[/quote]

That's part of it. The less cash you actually use, the less initial investment you're putting into flipping, the higher your profit margin. Basically, if you have a base amount of credit, you can use that credit to make more credit. This ensures that you can have all the games you want without having to spend an actual piece of your paycheck.

[quote name='Bezerker']I bought a copy of Nights today and it was only $9.99, I guess Darkrider is just unlucky (or karma has caught up with him). I never noticed about Spyro being flippable. I left a few of those behind, so ill be sure to pick them up.[/quote]

That is weird as hell. I'll be sure to check out another BB tomorrow. Hopefully, that store updates their prices then. They had 4 or maybe 5 Nights and 4 Spyros. It's basically a flipping mayhem over at that store.

[quote name='dpadilla4']games have to be over $2 or over for the bonus. Same thing happened to me today so I went to Blockbuster and traded them in.[/quote]

No, they only have to be over $1.

Are there any rumors of a holiday bundle coming out this year? I need to get a new 360, but if there is something like the Elite with 2 games coming out, I would rather wait a little longer.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So ummm earlier I decided to play Burnout Paradise for the first time since getting it from Gamefly like a month ago.

This is driving me insane, I don't know why it's doing that as I have all my cables connected properly.[/quote]

Ooooo-kay.

So I called Overstock since I had their Platinum Protection Plan and set up a repair.

I then decided to try and induce the RRoD so I could just send it into Microsoft. I wrapped it in a towel while having the system on. And then I restarted the console and all of the yellow lines and everything went away and the picture was working just fine.

THEN I tried to play Lost Odyssey and I got the same message that I got the other day "To play this disc, put it in an XBox 360 console." And just like the other day, after ejecting it a few times I actually got it to play.

Also when I eject a game, the disc is still spinning even though I had the game off and browsing the dashboard for at least 5 minutes.

Oi I don't know what to do...

Why is everyone saying the TIVs held? I thought they don't change them till Tuesday?

I had another interesting trip. I got a little nervous at my BBV trade in, the guy asked me why I was trading in Alone in the Dark (Wii) kinda suspiciously, and I quickly said that it was buggy. He then said he has the 360 version at home and he's playing it and that he thought the Wii version was bug free. I steered away the convo hoping he wouldn't ask me about specific parts, since I didn't play it. Then he scanned it and it made a weird noise even after a few tries, so I'm guessing the Alone in the Dark I bought at GS must have been in the system at BBV??? I was praying he wouldn't ask/figure that out, luckily he didn't.

That also was my 2nd trip back there in 2 hours (first time I just bought 3 games), this time I went back to trade in 3 games and bought 3 more, but I thought of some excuse b/c I was worried he may be wondering what I was doing.

BBV ---> GS w/ coupon/EDGE

Sega Rally Revo (360) $9.99 ---> $10.50
Spiderman FoF (360) $9.99 ---> $10.50
Star Trek Legacy (360) $9.99 ---> $10.50

Also, Eye of Judgement still gets $30 + tax at BBV

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Once again, I have everything connected properly.[/QUOTE]
... I read your post. sometimes I flick the switch on the side when I'm checking the connection. Just a suggestion, pal.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I've just had an idea: "Cheap Ass Gamer - The Board Game."[/quote]

Six. One, two, three, four, five, six. Awwww shit, I landed on 'Banned from Blockbuster trading for one turn'. :cry:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the cash for trade thing I can say seemed like the entire store was ok with it...

When I talked to the guy I asked him twice that the money I would get back would be store credit and he corrected me each time that it was cold cash. I had a hard time myself believing it.[/quote]

I should try and bring this up at one of the other BBV's I'm registered to trade at, since it'd be nice to have cash instead of credit that's locked to the stores.

It couldn't hurt to ask, since if the clerks are knowledgable enough, they should be able to find the 'cash' option on the system.

This could be an interesting week, if the values for DW: G and AITD both hold and I can get them to give me cash for the trades. :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I should try and bring this up at one of the other BBV's I'm registered to trade at, since it'd be nice to have cash instead of credit that's locked to the stores.

It couldn't hurt to ask, since if the clerks are knowledgable enough, they should be able to find the 'cash' option on the system.

This could be an interesting week, if the values for DW: G and AITD both hold and I can get them to give me cash for the trades. :D[/quote]

Don't bring it up. If they haven't offered you cash yet then they know they can only give you store credit. You're just going to make them suspicious of you.

awesome score for me today

gamestop purchases - three 12.99 games (luxor wii, r&r adventures wii, sst ps3) at gamestop (9.09 each cuz i have credit) - 27.27 total gs credit spent

blockbuster - luxor & sst got 20 each, r&r adventures 16 - 56 total
got - 1600 pt xbl card, nights for wii, and i found a lone super smash bros. brawl marked 24.99 (it scanned 39.99, but it was marked 24.99, so the manager had to override it)...and still have 1.11 left in bb credit

[quote name='DarkRider23']Don't bring it up. If they haven't offered you cash yet then they know they can only give you store credit. You're just going to make them suspicious of you.[/quote]

Like they're not after the mess last week? I rarely trade games, but if there's a slim chance I can actually get cash money for games I'm getting for 50% of the TIV they're giving, I'll take it.

[quote name='JTHuffy']awesome score for me today

gamestop purchases - three 12.99 games (luxor wii, r&r adventures wii, sst ps3) at gamestop (9.09 each cuz i have credit) - 27.27 total gs credit spent

blockbuster - luxor & sst got 20 each, r&r adventures 16 - 56 total
got - 1600 pt xbl card, nights for wii, and i found a lone super smash bros. brawl marked 24.99 (it scanned 39.99, but it was marked 24.99, so the manager had to override it)...and still have 1.11 left in bb credit[/quote]

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is $39.99 new or used?

[quote name='JTHuffy']awesome score for me today

[/quote]

What's R&R aventures? Rock and Roll Adventures?

:ps3:Condemned 2 - $19
:wii:Bust a Move: Bash - $20

Traded them in today.

[quote name='JTHuffy']gamestop purchases - three 12.99 games (luxor wii, r&r adventures wii, sst ps3) at gamestop (9.09 each cuz i have credit) - [/quote]

I'm pretty sure they were knocked down to $9.09 because you used a coupon & edge card, not because you used store credit.

[quote name='DarkRider23']What's R&R aventures? Rock and Roll Adventures?[/quote]

Yep.

[quote name='DrNo888']I think he meant no tax.[/quote]

ye altho in some states they STILL charge tax...GA i know doesn't...but going over to TN they charged me f'in 9.25% TAX!

Does anyone know these TIV off hand? Because my local stores don't give trade values over the phone.

Soul Calibur IV Xbox 360
MGS4 PS3

[quote name='cdeener']Does anyone know these TIV off hand? Because my local stores don't give trade values over the phone.

Soul Calibur IV Xbox 360
MGS4 PS3[/quote]

At least $60.

bread's done
Back