The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='xfade']TIV for BBV as of late tonight:

:ps3:WSOP 2008 Battle for Bracelets $20
:wii:Bust-a-Move Bash $20
:wii:Endless Ocean $16 (boooo)
:360:Condemned 2 $15

Glad to see BAM held. Who's the guy that updates the flipping prices on the first page? I just realized it's constantly getting updated, but not soon enough :cry:[/QUOTE]

I just made a small update but it is painfully slow because I'm on dialup out here for the week. And I'll be out most of the day all week as well so I can only make small updates at night. Also, since it is such a pain to even wait for a second window to load I'm going by memory on what people post when I update. So, if anyone wants to make a running post with more frequent updates they are more than welcome to do so.

I'd give you the finger but it hurts too much ;).

[quote name='xfade']Glad to see BAM held. Who's the guy that updates the flipping prices on the first page? I just realized it's constantly getting updated, but not soon enough :cry:[/quote]

#-o

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Is there a list of games currently flippable from GS to GR with the 20% coupon?[/quote]

#-o#-o#-o. Check the 2nd post "Original CAG". :roll:

TIV (over the phone):

MX vs ATV: Untamed 360 - $19 (clearanced at Target for $12.48)

^ not a good cash flip.

haha oh man. so i looked at the slickdeals page talking about rb2 tiv and people told one another that prices are regional and vary from store to store depending on stock. so after the tiv dropped yesterday, people go on and post this:

"The Blockbuster right by my house will only give me $15 trade-in for RB1 and they only have 1 copy of RB2 left. I have a few more blockbusters within 10 miles from my house so maybe I will try those."

wonder why people can't just call instead of traveling those 10 miles... i kinda feel bad for them but yet it makes me laugh

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']haha oh man. so i looked at the slickdeals page talking about rb2 tiv and people told one another that prices are regional and vary from store to store depending on stock. so after the tiv dropped yesterday, people go on and post this:

"The Blockbuster right by my house will only give me $15 trade-in for RB1 and they only have 1 copy of RB2 left. I have a few more blockbusters within 10 miles from my house so maybe I will try those."

wonder why people can't just call instead of traveling those 10 miles... i kinda feel bad for them but yet it makes me laugh[/quote]

"$15 again?!"
"This Blockbuster sucks!"
"I'm going to the one five miles down the road!"
Vrooooom
"$15?!"
"All of the Blockbusters in this town suck!"

If only we could install cameras in his car.:roll:

[quote name='edavis0780']"$15 again?!"
"This Blockbuster sucks!"
"I'm going to the one five miles down the road!"
Vrooooom
"$15?!"
"All of the Blockbusters in this town suck!"

If only we could install cameras in his car.:roll:[/quote]

You will see lot of head scratching for sure!!

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Is there a list of games currently flippable from GS to GR with the 20% coupon?[/quote]

I hope you slept well!!
Welcome to civilization. Time to shave that long beard now

[quote name='emg28']
TIV (over the phone):

MX vs ATV: Untamed 360 - $19 (clearanced at Target for $12.48)

^ not a good cash flip.[/quote]

??? Considering you're in the black, I dont see how that could be bad. Of course there are some better ones out there, but its still something.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Unless he has any credit card information tied to the account. Last time I checked, there is no way to remove it, unless you call MS. And from what I heard, if you have any CC info, MS will automatically re-up your Gold account. I could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

But what if it's expired?
Luckily for me I don't own either of the cards on the info anymore.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Unless he has any credit card information tied to the account. Last time I checked, there is no way to remove it, unless you call MS. And from what I heard, if you have any CC info, MS will automatically re-up your Gold account. I could be wrong, though.[/quote]

Well, here's another problem. My card's bank got taken over, so I got a new card, same basic number, different pin #. That's also a factor here.

[quote name='froggiegames']Did eye of judgement PS3 hold for this week at $30.00 TIV at BBV or did it drop ? Thanks :)[/quote]

One page ago I personally posted that it held as of 4pm yesterday, use the search function its your friend.

damn...sux that we've lost so many good flips :( guess ill just have to pick up Bust a Move Bash and possibly Prey for 360 (given it still gets $6) since my GS has NOTHING :(

I want to flip to get a DS and wondering if maybe I should donate some of my bigger titles to BB for the cause seeing they will drop and be easily picked up again in the future...

COD4
GTAIV

Fetch a good chunk of credit?

[quote name='Link927']??? Considering you're in the black, I dont see how that could be bad. Of course there are some better ones out there, but its still something.[/quote]

I think he's weighing cash flips differently. I know I do. Unless there's a ridiculous ratio, I generally won't cash flip. I have plenty of credit to use for flipping and I don't want to throw any more cash into the pot unless I'm getting a huge rate.

[quote name='doubledown']Does Ratchet & Clank or Heavenly Sword trade in for anything decent? (Both PS3 of coursE)[/quote]

you should call and find out.:roll:

[quote name='Derrick1979']I want to flip to get a DS and wondering if maybe I should donate some of my bigger titles to BB for the cause seeing they will drop and be easily picked up again in the future...

COD4
GTAIV

Fetch a good chunk of credit?[/quote]

Why dont you call your local BBV and find out. Then report back.

is it just me or did this thread become like 5 people contributing and everyone else leeching for tiv? is everyone afraid of talking to a bb employee on the phone? dont worry you can still maintain a low profile and call for a few tiv. i have been doing it for a long time.

[quote name='frankcastle']is it just me or did this thread become like 5 people contributing and everyone else leeching for tiv? is everyone afraid of talking to a bb employee on the phone? dont worry you can still maintain a low profile and call for a few tiv. i have been doing it for a long time.[/quote]

You can also call a BBV in a completely different state. I've done that many times. I just type a random zip code into the store locator and pick a store from the list.

[quote name='frankcastle']is it just me or did this thread become like 5 people contributing and everyone else leeching for tiv? is everyone afraid of talking to a bb employee on the phone? dont worry you can still maintain a low profile and call for a few tiv. i have been doing it for a long time.[/quote]

not about being afriad it is 9:11am here and the store does not open until 10 am and with how much you people go to the stores and unlike the EB/GS thread where they keep a current value right in the first post, just though someone might know. I posted my TIV totals from yesterday and out of the 4 stores I called I got 3 that said we cant give them over the phone and one with the famous "why don't you just bring them in and we can check"..

[quote name='Derrick1979']not about being afriad it is 9:11am here and the store does not open until 10 am and with how much you people go to the stores and unlike the EB/GS thread where they keep a current value right in the first post, just though someone might know. I posted my TIV totals from yesterday and out of the 4 stores I called I got 3 that said we cant give them over the phone and one with the famous "why don't you just bring them in and we can check"..[/quote]

Only thing is, if it's that early then it's not as though you can bring the games to trade to BBV anyway, so you're not missing out on anything by waiting. At the same time, like I stated in my post above, if you're in a different time zone, you can go ahead and call a store on the east coast and they'll be open.

[quote name='doubledown']I usually just ask here before I would go to the store. I cannot really call during work hours anyways....[/quote]

Lunch breaks? Cell phones? I mean, if you have time to head over the BBV, you have time to pick up a phone. So... there's gotta be a breaktime at some point if you're going to trade. And if you're trading after work, then there's no real need to know TIVs right now. Just call before you go.

Thing is, if you check/search the thread and the title is not listed, or not up to date, then people won't know the TIV usually and it'd be very helpful for you to find out. If it's already been posted, then no one should help you because you're just being lazy. This isn't pointing fingers at either of you two. It's a general statement.

[quote name='GuardianE']Only thing is, if it's that early then it's not as though you can bring the games to trade to BBV anyway, so you're not missing out on anything by waiting. At the same time, like I stated in my post above, if you're in a different time zone, you can go ahead and call a store on the east coast and they'll be open.[/quote]

Well some people like to get the game plan figured out before they decide they are going to go so there not wasting time or gas and as far as calling a different time zone well all depending on what phone service plan you have which im not sure if I have free long distance im not getting charged that for a TIV because people act like there to proud to help people out or something.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well some people like to get the game plan figured out before they decide they are going to go so there not wasting time or gas and as far as calling a different time zone well all depending on what phone service plan you have which im not sure if I have free long distance im not getting charged that for a TIV because people act like there to proud to help people out or something.[/quote]

Like I just said.... you're not wasting time OR gas by calling later when they open. You're saving yourself a trip over regardless of whether you call at 10:05am or you get the TIV from this thread at 9:45am. Unless you get all fidgety and sweaty because you don't know a TIV, there's no urgency. And if you have a cell phone, which I hope to God most everyone does at this point, you have free long distance. But who knows? Maybe some people are underage here and aren't allowed cell phones. I'm just saying that there's rarely a legitimate reason to ask for a TIV in this thread.

TIVs through 09.22.08
One Piece (Wii) - $23
Alone in the Dark (Wii) - $30
Iron Man (360) - $22 (new drop this week -_-)
Bladestorm (PS3) - $36
Death Jr. (Wii) - $23
Hellboy (PS3) - $36
Dragon Blade (Wii) - $9 -_-

TIVs through 09.21.08 GR -> GS after bonus

Spider-Man Friend or Foe (360) - $9.99 -> $10.50
Sega Rally Revo (360) - $9.99 -> $10.50
Nights (Wii) - $9.99 - $12.70
Avatar the Burning Earth (Wii) - $9.99 -> $10.50
Legend of Spyro (Wii) - $9.99 -> $11.60
Red Steel (Wii) - $9.99 -> $10.50
Star Trek Legacy (360) - $9.99 -> $10.50
Iridium Runners (PS2) - $4.99 -> $5.50
Enchanted Arms (360) - $9.99 -> $10.50
Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) - $9.99 -> $11.60

BB->GS
VF5 is now $8.80 at GS making that no longer even close to 1:1.

Spiderman 3 is still $4.40 which I noticed got taken off the list somehow but isn't too bad.

[quote name='doubledown']I usually just ask here before I would go to the store. I cannot really call during work hours anyways....[/quote]

do you get poop breaks at your work? if so...why not call then?

[quote name='KingBroly']Well, here's another problem. My card's bank got taken over, so I got a new card, same basic number, different pin #. That's also a factor here.[/QUOTE]

What about expiration date? Did they treat it as an expired card when they gave you the new one? That also affects it. If it did you don't have to worry as they cannot charge it to that card cause of the expiration date.

[quote name='Derrick1979']One more post for awhile I was wondering does BB still take in Regular Xbox titles for trades?[/quote]

Yes they do but you're not getting much for them. $2.50 for the "big" titles and most other games are .50 with a few $1.00's and $1.50's sparsely scattered between.

Well here are some TIV from the "PHONE" after calling like 10 stores:

All 360

COD4 $32
GTAIV $15 (??? Im not sure about this because the guy seemed bitchy)
Dark Sector $8
Eternal Sonata $19

[quote name='nietzsche74']Looks like you made a good 70 cents profit there. Good going!:applause::applause::applause:[/quote]

hey did you read the 3 post after yours?

[quote name='Derrick1979']not about being afriad it is 9:11am here and the store does not open until 10 am and with how much you people go to the stores and unlike the EB/GS thread where they keep a current value right in the first post, just though someone might know. I posted my TIV totals from yesterday and out of the 4 stores I called I got 3 that said we cant give them over the phone and one with the famous "why don't you just bring them in and we can check"..[/QUOTE]

im not trying to single anyone out here im just taking in general. if you go back over the last 10 pages or so like half of all the posts are just people saying "do you know the trade value of this?", "do you know the trade value of this?" it just gets old when i see im 3 pages behind all of the sudden and it is all this crap and nothing useful.

So I'm kinda hesitant to post this because I can't completely confirm it but here we go:

According to the Communication Updated from 9/23/08 sent from Corporate to all Corporate stores: (SUPPOSEDLY IF YOU BUY THE GAME YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET AN XBOX LIVE POINTS CARD OR SOMETHING)

" Due to the vendor not being able to secure the XBOX Live 500 pt. Cards. BLOCKBUSTER will offer a discounted rate on the the title PURE(237995) from $59.99 to $49.99 from September 23 to September 29th.

Price will be discounted through the POS. Stores will receive a POS Re-price report on Sunday September 28th.

This price reduction allows BLOCKBUSTER to offer the lowest price on the game in the market place.

Stores will receive the XBOX live points cards direct from the vendor by October 6th. Stores may use these cards to help boost retail sales on the title."

So that was a direct quote from our communications update. I scanned the title in our system and it shows $59.99 but when we do these sort of things with movies and games they usually auto-coupon down to the correct price(49.99). I can't check that because it would cause me to do a credit to void it off afterwords and as all blockbuster employees know they would rather you kill your own child then do any credits.

Sorry for the wall of text. I didn't want to start its own thread for this because I can't completely confirm it but I have no reason to doubt the corporate email either.

[quote name='cg1407']According to the Communication Updated from 9/23/08 sent from Corporate to all Corporate stores: (SUPPOSEDLY IF YOU BUY THE GAME YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET AN XBOX LIVE POINTS CARD OR SOMETHING)

" Due to the vendor not being able to secure the XBOX Live 500 pt. Cards. BLOCKBUSTER will offer a discounted rate on the the title PURE(237995) from $59.99 to $49.99 from September 23 to September 29th.

Price will be discounted through the POS. Stores will receive a POS Re-price report on Sunday September 28th.

This price reduction allows BLOCKBUSTER to offer the lowest price on the game in the market place.

Stores will receive the XBOX live points cards direct from the vendor by October 6th. Stores may use these cards to help boost retail sales on the title."[/quote]

I hadn't heard anything about the free points. Was that something that just BB was going to do? Also, hard to tell from the wording obviously, but it almost sounds like you could buy it for $50 after Oct. 6th AND get the points card... maybe?

Anybody seen Pure in stores yet? Prolly won't buy it, but was thinking of renting it. I've seen conflicting info on the release date.

EDIT: It should be in-store today, according to their website.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that BB has started a movie download service, both for rent and for purchase. It requires IE or Firefox (with an add-on that runs IE within Firefox) on XP or Vista (I'm a mac user). Seems kinda neat:

http://www.blockbuster.com/download

This was apparently the result of BB acquiring Movielink last year.

[quote name='cg1407']So I'm kinda hesitant to post this because I can't completely confirm it but here we go:

According to the Communication Updated from 9/23/08 sent from Corporate to all Corporate stores: (SUPPOSEDLY IF YOU BUY THE GAME YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET AN XBOX LIVE POINTS CARD OR SOMETHING)

Stores will receive the XBOX live points cards direct from the vendor by October 6th. Stores may use these cards to help boost retail sales on the title."

So that was a direct quote from our communications update. I scanned the title in our system and it shows $59.99 but when we do these sort of things with movies and games they usually auto-coupon down to the correct price(49.99). I can't check that because it would cause me to do a credit to void it off afterwords and as all blockbuster employees know they would rather you kill your own child then do any credits.

Sorry for the wall of text. I didn't want to start its own thread for this because I can't completely confirm it but I have no reason to doubt the corporate email either.[/QUOTE]

so does that mean you can get pure for $49.99 AND get a 500 point card when they come in? if so i may have to jump on this. i loved the demo for that game.

[quote name='mkernan']I hadn't heard anything about the free points. Was that something that just BB was going to do? Also, hard to tell from the wording obviously, but it almost sounds like you could buy it for $50 after Oct. 6th AND get the points card... maybe?

Anybody seen Pure in stores yet? Prolly won't buy it, but was thinking of renting it. I've seen conflicting info on the release date.[/quote]

I hadn't seen the 500 points deal advertised in store, but I also haven't been in the store in the past week. However, they are advertising it on their website:

http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/games

So yeah, sounds like they didn't get the cards and are giving $10 off instead. What remains to be seen is whether we can wait til the cards come in, get the $10 off, AND the free points card. That would be pretty cool.

[quote name='frankcastle']so does that mean you can get pure for $49.99 AND get a 500 point card when they come in? if so i may have to jump on this. i loved the demo for that game.[/quote]

Well it looks like they're offering the game at a discount till the 29th then, on the 6th, are going to offer it with the points card but at full price if I read that correctly. So, to answer your question, no.

BTW, LOL at the picture of the PS3 version on the banner saying you get XBox Live points with purchase.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well here are some TIV from the "PHONE" after calling like 10 stores:

All 360

COD4 $32
GTAIV $15 (??? Im not sure about this because the guy seemed bitchy)
Dark Sector $8
Eternal Sonata $19[/QUOTE]

The GTA 4 quote may be right. I was at my Blockbuster the other day and they had TONS of copies of GTA 4 on both the 360 and the PS3 (at least 30 per system and this is at a small store). They even had all of their PS3 copies on sale for the weekend at $29.99. If I had to guess they may have knocked down the trade in value to make sure they don't end up with more copies of the game than they can sell.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Well it looks like they're offering the game at a discount till the 29th then, on the 6th, are going to offer it with the points card but at full price if I read that correctly. So, to answer your question, no.

BTW, LOL at the picture of the PS3 version on the banner saying you get XBox Live points with purchase.[/quote]

LOL @ my low reading comprehension.

LOL @ PS3 boxart + XBL points.

[quote name='mkernan']I hadn't heard anything about the free points. Was that something that just BB was going to do? Also, hard to tell from the wording obviously, but it almost sounds like you could buy it for $50 after Oct. 6th AND get the points card... maybe? [/quote]

Actually the part about the repricing report on Sun. the 28th suggests it will go back to the original price but again I'm not completely sure. I hadn't heard about the points either so I dunno.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Well it looks like they're offering the game at a discount till the 29th then, on the 6th, are going to offer it with the points card but at full price if I read that correctly. So, to answer your question, no.

BTW, LOL at the picture of the PS3 version on the banner saying you get XBox Live points with purchase.[/quote]

[quote name='cg1407']Actually the part about the repricing report on Sun. the 28th suggests it will go back to the original price but again I'm not completely sure. I hadn't heard about the points either so I dunno.[/quote]

Moral of the story - don't buy Pure between Sep. 29th - Oct. 5th.:)

i know i asked this before but i never got a response...

Does anyone know when NGII USED will have an updated price in BBV's system? Cuz yesterday the used was $34.99 and new was $29.99 :(

[quote name='rant']The GTA 4 quote may be right. I was at my Blockbuster the other day and they had TONS of copies of GTA 4 on both the 360 and the PS3 (at least 30 per system and this is at a small store). They even had all of their PS3 copies on sale for the weekend at $29.99. If I had to guess they may have knocked down the trade in value to make sure they don't end up with more copies of the game than they can sell.[/quote]

Was the GTA part of the YMMV clearence sale? Been waiting to pick up a new copy of GTA for $30.

It might have been part of the YMMV sale that has been going on but I have been out of touch with the deals lately so I could not say for sure. GTA4 was the only notable title that was heavily marked down at my store. I am going back tonight to get Lego Batman and if I see any other discounted titles I will make sure to add them to the thread.

bread's done
Back