The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='xfade']Wow, I'm late on the posts. I was catching up and replied before checking an answer. Let me throw this question in and ignore the others:

BB have a return policy for sealed games? I want a refund :( or credit.[/quote]

Uhm, go in there and return it? Or um, call them?

Too many questions being asked lately.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Uhm, go in there and return it? Or um, call them?

Too many questions being asked lately.[/quote]

:applause::applause:

I couldn't have said it better myself. There's far too many people lately who just pop into a thread and ask a question that's been answered in the other x number of pages worth of posts.

Admittedly, I've been one of them, but I try to keep the pesky questions to a minimum.

To answer Xfades' question though: check your receipt, since the return terms should be printed right on there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause:

I couldn't have said it better myself. There's far too many people lately who just pop into a thread and ask a question that's been answered in the other x number of pages worth of posts.

Admittedly, I've been one of them, but I try to keep the pesky questions to a minimum.

To answer Xfades' question though: check your receipt, since the return terms should be printed right on there.[/quote]

To be fair, 133 pages of posts is a bit of a daunting thing to tackle.

What annoys me are the ones asking "wat r teh gud flips 4 gs 2 bbv halp quick plz."

Now here's a question I'd like an answer to myself:

What's the deal with their preorder system? Every time I'm in there, they ask me if I'd like to preorder a game, and tell me that even if it isn't featured they can still get it so long as it's on their computer. Well, what the hell is on their computer? I've tried to preorder Armored Core For Answer, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and Valkyria Chronicles and not had success with a single one.

what are some workarounds for having a trade account banned? I have one person who will start a trade account and help me trade in. Has anyone ever had a ban reversed? What if I get a different debit card and create a whole new BB account?

I recently had to go to a small town outside Jacksonville for work and hit both BBs there and traded games. Both said they had almost never traded before, I wonder if the manager there sent up a flag on my account...all the BBs here love me. I can't imagine any of them doing anything.

The letter actually came from corporate is what one store manager told me.

[quote name='tianxia']
What's the deal with their preorder system? Every time I'm in there, they ask me if I'd like to preorder a game, and tell me that even if it isn't featured they can still get it so long as it's on their computer. Well, what the hell is on their computer? I've tried to preorder Armored Core For Answer, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and Valkyria Chronicles and not had success with a single one.[/quote]

Their pre-order system isn't the best in the world. The featured pre-orders are the only pre-orders that they get in on release day. Otherwise, they might only get them in on the Friday of the games release day. Stick to GS for non-featured pre-orders. Sometimes, they don't even have the games in the system if they aren't going to buy any for rentals or if they are too far away from the release date.

[quote name='Capa']what are some workarounds for having a trade account banned? I have one person who will start a trade account and help me trade in. Has anyone ever had a ban reversed? What if I get a different debit card and create a whole new BB account?

I recently had to go to a small town outside Jacksonville for work and hit both BBs there and traded games. Both said they had almost never traded before, I wonder if the manager there sent up a flag on my account...all the BBs here love me. I can't imagine any of them doing anything.

The letter actually came from corporate is what one store manager told me.[/quote]

You can wait. Most bans are lifted after several months. People report 3-6 months.

Unfortunately, BBV accounts are linked to your driver's license number and not your debit card.

You can also get one of your friends to make an account and when he signs the paper for the trade account he can put your name as other people who can trade games. You'll have to have his BBV card with you when you trade in games though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just traded as of 845 on the east coast
Sea Monsters Wii $23
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity Wii $20
One Peice Unlimited Wii $23

The guy working there and I had a good laugh at the trade in value of Sea Monsters.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']That's why we have a search function.[/quote]

Actually you only need to go back a week to find current values. I DONT TRUST any TIV more than a week old. Any TIV over a week old is call first for me.

[quote name='weguzs']BBVideos->GS
Pokemon Time/Darkness 24.99+tax
GS, $15 plus Edge & 50% = 24x2 = 48[/quote]

Darn, I guess I have to return the copy I bought on Sunday. :roll:

[quote name='Warner1281']In case anyone cares, you're looking at the newest BBV store manager. :bouncy:

Yay me and my 2x pay increase.[/quote]

Congrats! :D

[quote name='DarkRider23']That could definitely be it. Thanks.

And since you are manager now. Any idea why some BBV's have $9.99 games marked as $14.99 and ring up as $14.99? Only one BBV does this to be and I have no idea why. They are a corporate store and all the other corporate stores have the right prices except this one.[/quote]

Not a clue. It is possible that the store manager overrode the prices in the computer system, but why on earth they would do that is beyond me. Is it possible that they are scanning the wrong barcode? With the BBV system, if you scan the retail barcode, it'll ring up as new, versus scanning a computer generated label which will ring up the game as used. I would imagine that a $9.99 used game would ring up as $14.99 new, so that could very well be the issue.

[quote name='tianxia']What's the deal with their preorder system? Every time I'm in there, they ask me if I'd like to preorder a game, and tell me that even if it isn't featured they can still get it so long as it's on their computer. Well, what the hell is on their computer? I've tried to preorder Armored Core For Answer, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean, Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and Valkyria Chronicles and not had success with a single one.[/quote]

Preorders... yes, the system is currently half-assed. But you have to realize it's still in it's building stage. As corporate convinces itself that the game sales are getting better and that BBV can sustain a piece of the "gaming pie," it'll get a lot better. Once distributers are convinced that BBV can sell, they'll send all titles on release day instead of just major hits. For now, BBV has a temporary solution.

1) BBV will have featured pre-orders. Those pre-orders will arrive on release day and will most likely be promoted with pre-order bonuses (framed art, Xbox live points, etc.).

2) Anything that is not on the featured pre-order list, but in the computer system can be pre-sold in the same way. The difference is, the game will not have a featured bonus and will most likely arrive on Friday of release week. Unless someone preordered the game at least 2 weeks before the arrival date, the store should not expect to get any retail copies of it.

3) Anything that is not in the computer system can still be pre-sold. When you get the game dpends on why it wasn't in the system. If you are pre-ordering GTA 7 for PWii420 which doesn't come out for another 9 months, we can take your money and put the pre-order on a generic preorder label. When the game actually makes it's way into the computer system, we'll simply transfer your pre-order over to the correct part number. However, if you're pre-ordering something that comes out in 3 weeks and it's not in the computer system, you won't get it til the week after release. From what I've been able to gather from my District Manager and IT, anything that isn't in the system up to 2 weeks before release, either BBV isn't getting, or we are getting late.

[quote name='Capa']what are some workarounds for having a trade account banned? I have one person who will start a trade account and help me trade in. Has anyone ever had a ban reversed? What if I get a different debit card and create a whole new BB account?

The letter actually came from corporate is what one store manager told me.[/quote]

Did you personally receive the letter in the mail? If not, the SM is full of it. They simply got a directive from their District Manager to shut you down. Chances are you've been shut down throughout your district, but if you were to go another district over, you'd have no problems. There are 2 ways around the problem.

1) Find someone to put you on their account and open up a trade account at EVERY store you plan on trading to. If you go to a new store that your partner didn't venture to, they'll say they can't open a trade account there unless the main account holder is present.

2) Get buddy buddy with a manager. It is possible to open more than one account to the same Id #, but it requires a manager override. Everyone is told not to open multiple accounts to the same ID# for theft reasons, but it can be done. Just gotta find a manager friend to do it for you (who trusts you enough to know you won't cost them their job by stealing a crapload of stuff using your old account).

People have told that the coupon is accepted by certain stores only not all of them.

I'm in the south

So print it and see if it works

like i said i printed in B&W , try in color who knows.

and yeah you will get 15 @ GS for pokemon.
Unless they still got the 10-40% trade in bonus.

they told me you can return Sealed games, movies for store credit

GS-50TradeInLimit5Games.png

[quote name='weguzs']
print it and see if it works

they told me you can return Sealed games, movies for store credit
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. It won't hurt to try the coupon.

I'm at work, anxious and excited to be a CAGer. I contribute to this thread to the best of my ability, if my newbie status isn't welcomed by some of you, then by all means flame away inside an informative thread for flippers, causing more crap on top of the horde of questions being shot down by the vets here at CAG. But I'll continue posting, hoping for more helpful responses like Weguzs here.

Steve walks warily down the street with his brim pulled way down low...

Sadly, it looks like another one bites the dust. I went to 5 different stores today and all had a lovely message of "Trade account suspended" when I tried to trade. The manager called the district manager (who is well aware of me) and he says he doesn't know whats going on (my ass). I was told to try calling corporate in the morning, but I doubt mentioning that I never went past the trade agreement would help me any.

I at least have a few options, my dad has a BB card that he can always add me onto (ill probably use my middle name or a nickname) and I may be moving in a few months, so I will probably be able to make a new account for the new address. What really sucks is I have about 15 games right now to get rid of.

I have yet to try another district, but at the time I'm just tired of flipping in general. I have my receipts, so worse case scenario I can return the games to GS, but I have a feeling I may be able to get more off of ebay, cl, or PlayNtrade. I made a t-shirt about the District manager a few weeks ago, I guess now I can wear it without worrying about backlash from him on my trading account.

It was a good run while it lasted (3.5 years of BB flipping). I'll probably chime in with deals from time to time, In 6 months of inactivity when my account resets, maybe ill be back into it. For now I guess ill stick with GS -> FYE flipping.

[quote name='xfade']Thanks for the info. It won't hurt to try the coupon.

I'm at work, anxious and excited to be a CAGer. I contribute to this thread to the best of my ability, if my newbie status isn't welcomed by some of you, then by all means flame away inside an informative thread for flippers, causing more crap on top of the horde of questions being shot down by the vets here at CAG. But I'll continue posting, hoping for more helpful responses like Weguzs here.[/quote]

Most of us have no problem with general questions about the store, unless it's obviously stated in the opening post.

The real thing that has most of our panties in a bunch is the constant badgering for trade in values... when people would get their answers faster by simply picking up a phone.

That said, welcome to CAG.

Hooray for leaching off a neighbor's unsecured wireless network! (I've got NO bars on the signal but it still works faster than dialup).

Anyway, as such I was able to make a sizeable update to the second post. I traded Sea Monsters and Viking (PS3) myself today. So far on this trip I've added $10 to my Value card and about $35 to my Edge card with 3 games still to trade to GS - not too bad for minimal work done while on my way back from real work.

Wow at all the bannings and such... I did avoid the store that raised my Junior Detective alarm (even to the point of driving 4 miles the other way to trade at a different store).

Also, I'm kind of glad the Pokemon games dropped at GS as I thought I should buy them to use that 50% off coupon I got. Now I'm not sure what to use it on. I should check on Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - that would be a great flip from BB with the 50% as opposed to just the extra $5 if it still held at GS.

[quote name='animemaniac14']someone must of posted that Viking :360: now gets $15 at bbv...cuz i TOTALLY missed that post :([/QUOTE]

Wait, are you saying this is what you got for it? Because, no, someone said it was still $19 yesterday. I can confirm the PS3 version held at $20 late Tuesday evening at least.

[quote name='animemaniac14']got the receipt in hand..as i read it...it says $15 :([/QUOTE]

OK, thanks, second post updated - it could have been that whoever reported that really traded it Sunday before it dropped. Either that or we have Monday and Tuesday drops now.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I don't know how common they are for sale at BB, but Pokemon Diamond and Pearl trade for $20 at GameStop (at least according to their website).[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, those are either $29.99 or $34.99 new at blockbuster so not very good for BBV -> GS.

io, what is your Jr. Detective story??

Do you think I should be wary?:
I got a little nervous at my BBV trade in, the guy asked me why I was trading in Alone in the Dark (Wii) kinda suspiciously, and I quickly said that it was buggy. He then said he has the 360 version at home and he's playing it and that he thought the Wii version was bug free. I steered away the convo hoping he wouldn't ask me about specific parts, since I didn't play it. If he did ask me about a specific part, I would have s*** my pants. Then he scanned it and it made a weird noise even after a few tries and he manually had to enter it, so I'm guessing the Alone in the Dark I bought at GS must have been purchased at that BBV??? I was praying he wouldn't ask/figure that out, luckily he didn't.

That also was my 2nd trip back there in 2 hours. First time I just bought 3 games, 2nd time I went back to trade in 3 games from GS and then bought 3 more. So I pretended i was on the phone with my little brother about the games...hope he bit.

I only trade/flip on weekends, so I hope they aren't too suspicious, but that was really my first time I got a little nervous at BBV. Plus, that one is my fav. BBV, great selection, location, and staff.

[quote name='GuardianE']Most of us have no problem with general questions about the store, unless it's obviously stated in the opening post.

The real thing that has most of our panties in a bunch is the constant badgering for trade in values... when people would get their answers faster by simply picking up a phone.

That said, welcome to CAG.[/quote]

Thanks, man. I agree that I myself would also find it irritating seeing a bunch of lazy bums asking TIVs during store hours. Now I have to return 4 copies of sealed Pokemon to BB. How embarassing. Though, "the girlfriend" is a great excuse when walking the shame of doing returns :bouncy:

To Quintox:

Act suspicious and the CSR will become suspicious. If they ask you a question, just answer nice and calmly. Example:

CSR: So what did you think of AITD?
You: Don't know. Someone gave it to me as a gift but I don't like horror stuff. Thought it would be better to trade in and get something I like.

OR

You: Had potential, poorly executed. (Or something you picked up off a review.)

If you see nervous right off it rings bells like no other for the CSR.

[quote name='Quintox']Then he scanned it and it made a weird noise even after a few tries and he manually had to enter it, so I'm guessing the Alone in the Dark I bought at GS must have been purchased at that BBV??? I was praying he wouldn't ask/figure that out, luckily he didn't.[/quote]

That's because it was the version that came with a soundtrack CD, which has a different UPC, which isn't in BB's system.

[quote name='Sa2vador']To Quintox:

Act suspicious and the CSR will become suspicious. If they ask you a question, just answer nice and calmly. Example:

CSR: So what did you think of AITD?
You: Don't know. Someone gave it to me as a gift but I don't like horror stuff. Thought it would be better to trade in and get something I like.

OR

You: Had potential, poorly executed. (Or something you picked up off a review.)

If you see nervous right off it rings bells like no other for the CSR.[/quote]

It also helps to just be a zombie all the time so no one can read your facial expression and tell if you're nervous or not. I went to a game tournament last week and some of my friends who I've known since freshman year (I'm a junior now) mentioned that it was the first they'd ever seen get excited about anything.

I bet I have a great poker face, too. I should try it sometime.

Alternately, just act nervous all the time. Jump when your cell phone rings and walk around your car to inspect it for sabotage on your way out, within view of the employee, then drive away really slowly.

In all seriousness, though, if someone asks you about a game you're trading in, either say it isn't yours (it's your younger brother's) or that you just didn't like it. For example, regarding Alone in the Dark, just say it wasn't scary in the slightest and that it was a huge letdown, then talk about some really obscure game like Ikaruga to throw him off the track.

[quote name='tianxia']

In all seriousness, though, if someone asks you about a game you're trading in, either say it isn't yours (it's your younger brother's) or that you just didn't like it. For example, regarding Alone in the Dark, just say it wasn't scary in the slightest and that it was a huge letdown, then talk about some really obscure game like Ikaruga to throw him off the track.[/QUOTE]

Very good points also. Basically, don't give them a reason to be suspicious.

[quote name='jojodis808']anybody know if Space Chimps for 360 held?[/quote]

As of 9/22:

[quote name='bgame2']Repost of My BBV TIV for 360 Space Chimps from Saturday night 15 not 28.50. I lost a few bucks.

[/quote]

[quote name='tianxia']It also helps to just be a zombie all the time so no one can read your facial expression and tell if you're nervous or not. I went to a game tournament last week and some of my friends who I've known since freshman year (I'm a junior now) mentioned that it was the first they'd ever seen get excited about anything.

I bet I have a great poker face, too. I should try it sometime.

Alternately, just act nervous all the time. Jump when your cell phone rings and walk around your car to inspect it for sabotage on your way out, within view of the employee, then drive away really slowly.

In all seriousness, though, if someone asks you about a game you're trading in, either say it isn't yours (it's your younger brother's) or that you just didn't like it. For example, regarding Alone in the Dark, just say it wasn't scary in the slightest and that it was a huge letdown, then talk about some really obscure game like Ikaruga to throw him off the track.[/quote]

ah the psychology of flippin' :whistle2:D

Wow, somehow I missed that Space Chimps quote. I was looking for one myself today (luckily they didn't have it).

With this newfound higher speed Internet access I was finally able to check out the GS store locator again (FYI - the GS web site is painfully slow on dialup!). I found a store I've never been to that has both the elusive SST for PS3 and ultra-elusive One Piece (that I've never seen available anywhere else). It just so happens to be near where I'm going for work tomorrow too... So, on it goes ;).

Quintox - I detailed my potential junior detective story a few days ago - just look back a few pages. It was nothing major but lots of little warning signs.

GS TIV: 30% plus edge 10%

Smash Bros. Brawl: 37.80
PMD:Dark / Time: 21.00
PS2 MLB 2k8: 7
PS2 Power Rangers SL: 9.80
Irridium Runners: 3.50 (whack!)

[quote name='demo808']GS TIV: 30% plus edge 10%

Smash Bros. Brawl: 37.80[/quote]

Nice to have confirmation that the $27 TIV posted on the GS website is actually correct. :)

And to keep this BB related...I hope my :wii: Wario Land: Shake It! and :ds: Kirby: Super Star Ultra preorders show up in the Friday delivery. I haven't stopped by that GR lately to check up on them. Maybe I'll swing by on Thursday. ;)

[quote name='Guerrilla']Yesterday when I walked into BB I was greeted with, "Welcome! We have better trade-in prices than Gamestop!" :D[/QUOTE]

be like "oh really, well i have a lot of games to trade in."

[quote name='Guerrilla']Yesterday when I walked into BB I was greeted with, "Welcome! We have better trade-in prices than Gamestop!" :D[/quote]

For the lulz, act indifferent, then say, "oh, but if you really are taking trade-ins, I happen to have a big stack of games in the car I'm trying to get rid of."

Anyone happen to know the prices for..

Untold Legends PS3
Warioware Wii
Forza 2 360
Ultimate Alliance 360

Also, do they take games disc only? Just got into the trading to BB over Gamestop thing the other day.

Thanks!

[quote name='animemaniac14']so are they any good CASH flips that anyone has realized with this TRU Geof B2G3?[/quote]

get a job, it worked for me. got cash for double cheeseburgers now :)

bread's done
Back