The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='Nikadimas']Multiples of 2 will get the bonus. It would take forever to trade 2 at a time. Just make sure you have an even number. If you don't, trade 3 in on their own and you'll get the "3 for $15" bonus instead, then trade the others together.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but given that there are only a handful of transfer games I mostly did it 2 at a time, or 4 at most last week when I was in Arizona. Of course, maybe that's why I wasn't able to flip tons of stuff, buy a bunch of games, and come out $700 on top like someone else that posted here a few days ago :lol:. It was usually bring in 2-4 games, get $22-$44 in credit, and use that to buy 1 or 2 BB flippables, then repeat... So in the end I ended up with about 7 games to keep, 3 to sell, and a small loss of overall credit (about $70).

[quote name='io']

Anyway, I'm finally home and looking forward to tax-free purchases of Timeshift and FEAR Files, though I probably won't be able to do get to a GS for a few days. Since I'm not going to trade anything to BB I'm actually hesitant to transfer more credit from BB -> GS. I'm down to a mere $600 or so at Blockbuster. It feels like I'm going broke ;). And I still have GHWT bundle to pick up (only put $25 on it so far) soon. And I had hoped to get a PS3 there soon. But that $9.99 -> $13.80$12.70 flip is certainly tempting considering I did many $10.80 -> $11.60 ones last week while in Arizona (with outrageous 8% sales tax).[/quote]

It's now $9.99->$12.70. *Sad face* You're lucky you don't have to deal with taxes. 7% sales tax in inevitable here in NJ. I'm going to estimate that I've lost $100-$150 in BBV credit due to the damn taxes.

DoaX2 was a bust, but Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a very good flip. See below for today's confirmations (all values after edge & bonus):

Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $10.50
Conan: $9.99 -> $10.50
DoA Xtreme 2: $9.99 -> $8.30 (bleh)
Fear Files: $9.99 -> $12.70
Forza 2: $9.99 -> $8.30 (bleh)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold: $9.99 -> $14.90 (woot)
Moto GP 07: $9.99 -> $10.50
Soldier of Fortune: $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic The Hedgehog: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman FoF: $9.99 -> $10.50
Timeshift: $9.99 -> $11.60

Wii
Avatar TLA: $9.99 -> $8.30 (bleh)
Boom Blox: $24.99 -> $32.50 (new is $30 -> $32.50)
Legend of Spyro: $9.99 -> $11.60
Meet the Robinsons: $9.99 -> $10.50
Nights: $9.99 -> $12.70

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bezerker']DoaX2 was a bust, but Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a very good flip. See below for today's confirmations (all values after edge & bonus):

Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $10.50
Conan: $9.99 -> $10.50
DoA Xtreme 2: $9.99 -> $8.30 (bleh)
Fear Files: $9.99 -> $12.70
Forza 2: $9.99 -> $8.30 (bleh)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance: $9.99 -> $14.90 (woot)
Moto GP 07: $9.99 -> $10.50
Soldier of Fortune: $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic The Hedgehog: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman FoF: $9.99 -> $10.50
Timeshift: $9.99 -> $11.60

Wii
Avatar TLA: $9.99 -> $8.30 (bleh)
Boom Blox: $24.99 -> $32.50 (new is $30 -> $32.50)
Legend of Spyro: $9.99 -> $11.60
Meet the Robinsons: $9.99 -> $10.50
Nights: $9.99 -> $12.70[/quote]

marvel ultimate alliance has to be wrong. or its a different system cuz gs only sells it for 9.99 so i doubt they would give u more than they sell it for yet alone a 1:1

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']marvel ultimate alliance has to be wrong. or its a different system cuz gs only sells it for 9.99 so i doubt they would give u more than they sell it for yet alone a 1:1[/quote]
Marvel Ultimate Alliance GOLD is $26.99 used at Gamestop, I'm sure Blockbuster prices regular and gold editions the same. So if you can find a Gold edition you will be...uh...golden on that trade in.
May grab a gold myself.

Anyone else have time shift and/or virtua fight 5 ring up for different prices at the same store? Watch the screen really carefully when they're ringing you up because the CSR's get overwhelmed if they have to cancel anything out.

[quote name='bgame2']Anyone else have time shift and/or virtua fight 5 ring up for different prices at the same store? Watch the screen really carefully when they're ringing you up because the CSR's get overwhelmed if they have to cancel anything out.[/quote]

It's happened to me. Nights and Spyro ring up $14.99 at one certain Blockbuster. Make sure they cancel the games before they hit total. Once they hit total, their computers won't let them back out. This happened to me yesterday. Lost Planet rang up $14.99 and he hit total before I got a chance to ask him to take it off. They had to go through with the transaction and then return Lost Planet.

And I'm going to have to start getting very picky about the games I pick up from BBV to GS. There are a lot of great games now. Definitely going to pay my local BBV another visit tonight. I'm pretty sure I saw a Boom Blox there once.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Bezerker, did you buy the Gold edition of Marvel UA? Thanks for the Boom Blox update. I didn't know about that one.[/quote]

Yea, its the Gold version, didnt know they had diff UPC's. I updated my post.

Quick question. I purchased a Halo 3 350 console boxset recently and was wondering if it comes with a LIVE Gold trial!? I stored my box already and was wondering if there was a trial card or code or something. Otherwise does anyone know where I can get a trial?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Quick question. I purchased a Halo 3 350 console boxset recently and was wondering if it comes with a LIVE Gold trial!? I stored my box already and was wondering if there was a trial card or code or something. Otherwise does anyone know where I can get a trial?[/quote]

You get the trial automatically when you set up your Gold account. The sign-up process essentially guides you towards the free month.

Anyone have any problems trading in Victouris boxers for the Wii. I tried trading it yesterday and the lady couldn't bring it up by scanning it in or typing it into their system

[quote name='averageguy']Anyone have any problems trading in Victouris boxers for the Wii. I tried trading it yesterday and the lady couldn't bring it up by scanning it in or typing it into their system[/quote]
Read the last few pages for your answer.

[quote name='Guerrilla']
Read the last few pages for your answer.
[/quote]

I think he was hoping that someone knew what exactly the clerk has to type. Sometimes they have weird names to search under.

I wish I could get in on some more B2G1, but the weather here is atrocious and I have to cart my daughter everywhere. So for her sake, I'll let the last hours pass by. I went to a couple stores and picked up 2 flips plus a game I wanted so I ended up getting them without losing any credit.

Picked Up:
Samurai Warriors Katana
Dirt (for me)
Guilty Gear (Worth the $3 loss in profit to not get strange looks when trading High School Musical in)

GRAW 2 (for me)
Wild Earth
Resident Evil 4

Need for Speed Prostreet (for me)
Samurai Warriors Katana
Victorious Boxer

On a somewhat related but off-topic note, I got a Wal-Mart next to one of the GSs to price match Oblivion from the Gamecrazy ad. GOTY for $30.

EDIT: Forgot another B2G1
Sneak King x3 (Too bad one was in a regular Xbox case.)

just got back from moving some BB credit to GS

Picked up at BB TIV (at GS) TIV+bonus

Timeshift (360) 9.99 6.00 11.60
Elebits (Wii) 9.99 5.00 10.50
Avatar: TBE (Wii) 9.99 5.00 10.50
FEAR Files (360) 9.99 7.00 12.70
Golden Compass (360) 6.99 2.50 7.75
MotoGP '06 (whoops) 9.99 2.00 7.20*

*mistakenly assumed MotoGP was '07

Was gonna flip some things back to BBV but the line got huge when I was looking around for games.

[quote name='DarkRider23']It's happened to me. Nights and Spyro ring up $14.99 at one certain Blockbuster. Make sure they cancel the games before they hit total. Once they hit total, their computers won't let them back out. This happened to me yesterday. Lost Planet rang up $14.99 and he hit total before I got a chance to ask him to take it off. They had to go through with the transaction and then return Lost Planet.
quote]

I bought 3 time shifts which rang up 3 different prices in the same transaction. What a fiasco it was to have it corrected.

EDIT: I screwed up the quote. I fail.

finally did some bb->gs flipping today. my gamestop credit is slowly going down so i felt the need to replenish. picked up at bb at opening:

timeshift 2x
fear files
nights
spyro
crash of the titans

traded them in after i had lunch. all values reported so far held at gamestop. i then went to the library to do some school work and stopped by another bb on my way home. this time i picked up :

metal slug anthology 2x
spyro
nights

have yet to trade this set in. something interesting at the first gamestop though. the clerk handed me a card that accumulates stamps for every $10 worth of trades. once you hit $100 you get a $10 giftcard. with the amount we are flipping here, this is just icing on the cake. from my 2 stops today, only grabbing games that fetch more than $10.50 (damn tax) i was able to get the 10 games needed to get the extra $10 gift card.

BBVidoes -> GS (Without Tax Added, Edge+50%Coupon)
Professor Layton DS, 24.99 -> 24.00
Pokomon Both Again DS, 24.99x2-> 24.00x2 ->48.00
Iridium Runners Ps2, 4.99 x2->4.00x2 -> 8.00
XenoSaga II Ps2, 2.99-> 4.80

Gs Credit 84.80->00.0

GS-> BBvidoes
SW - Katana Wii, 22.49x3 -> 30.00x3->90.00 (Still Some Left)
Alone In The Dark Wii, 00.00 ->30.00
Viking Ps3, 00.00 -> 20.00
Eye Of Judgement 22.49 -> 30.00

BBCredit 170.00

Got 4000 Ms Live Card
Got A Extra Camera, EOJ Mat

Anyone Wants them let me know (PM, me okay)

If Pokemon & Professor Layton
Holdout till BBvidoes Restocks I Start To Transfer To GS...
Since they only got DS games... lol

And Thank Everyone here

I picked up a TImeshift and Fear Files from my local store. Hopefully I can trade them Monday evening. The Boom Blox they've had there since release was mysteriously gone though. They hadn't even gotten around to repricing stuff yet so I doubt someone bought it this morning. I'm sure I can find one at another store though.

[quote name='ghozt']
have yet to trade this set in. something interesting at the first gamestop though. the clerk handed me a card that accumulates stamps for every $10 worth of trades. once you hit $100 you get a $10 giftcard. with the amount we are flipping here, this is just icing on the cake. from my 2 stops today, only grabbing games that fetch more than $10.50 (damn tax) i was able to get the 10 games needed to get the extra $10 gift card.[/quote]

Why the hell do I never have any good things going on at my Gamestops? It really sucks. There are never any random sales or anything. I want that $100 card. I could fill one out every 2-3 days. That would take care of the tax problem I encounter at BBV. It would actually make me gain $3 for every $100 traded in>_

[quote name='averageguy']Anyone have any problems trading in Victouris boxers for the Wii. I tried trading it yesterday and the lady couldn't bring it up by scanning it in or typing it into their system[/quote]

Yeah the same happened to me
a good trade @ 30, they got to manually search for it.

The game has no serial/barcode to read off it, not on the cover or the book inside.

And he found it by typing in Victorious Boxer Revolution

I was only able to move about $375 of my BB credit back to GS(actually less than that, I only hit 2 BBs today, I was able to find 35 games worth flipping, and I flipped 28 of those to 3 different GSs. I've now got $550 in games to get back to BB, $70 worth of games to go to GS, about $130 in credit left at GS, and $130 left in BB. I also managed to get 3 wii controllers, 2 microphones, 1 nunchuk, all 4 of the original games I was wanting for my nieces and nephew(Smarty Pants, Cranium Kabooki, Big Brain Wii, and Cosmic Family), I also got them a High School Musical, reserved We Cheer for them, LBP and Mirror's Edge for me. I got a used EOJ to go with the 5 I got at Target, and this one, just like one I got a couple of weeks ago, had the starter deck and a bunch of extra cards...in both used card sets, I got a phantom card(they go for 30-50 or so for a single card on ebay)

I have to get back to BB(and hopefully these will hold for 2-3 days til I recruit enough people to trade them)
Wii
3xPuppy Luv
2xHigh School Musical
Sea Monsters
Wild Earth
2x Bust a Move
Bug Island
AitD

PS3-
3xEoJ
2xHistCh
2xWSOP

360-Trophy Bucks

I've got 3x TimeShift(360), Sof(360), and Spyro, and a DwtS to return

All my FYEs claim they don't accept game trades, which sucks because all of the Timeshifts trade in high at FYE

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You get the trial automatically when you set up your Gold account. The sign-up process essentially guides you towards the free month.[/quote]

Are you sure about this? I'm only given the option to sign-up for month-to-month, 3-months, or 12-months. No option for a trial.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Are you sure about this? I'm only given the option to sign-up for month-to-month, 3-months, or 12-months. No option for a trial.[/quote]

I bought my system in October, so my memory is a bit hazy. This is how I think it went, though:

- you get the option to either go silver or pay
- go through the set-up for silver
- they ask you if are sure, and you say, "yes"
- then, you get your free one-month

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I bought my system in October, so my memory is a bit hazy. This is how I think it went, though:

- you get the option to either go silver or pay
- go through the set-up for silver
- they ask you if are sure, and you say, "yes"
- then, you get your free one-month[/quote]

Hmmm, well I went through the process exactly and never received anything. I was also told that if I used my hotmail account as my gamertag I would be sent a trial code...still nothing.

Microsoft really should think these things through...

A quick question for you all:

I remember seeing somewhere that some BlockBusters started carrying Amazon gift cards. Has anyone else ever seen these in store and are they only found in GameRush locations?

Thanks.

[quote name='Killdozer']A quick question for you all:

I remember seeing somewhere that some BlockBusters started carrying Amazon gift cards. Has anyone else ever seen these in store and are they only found in GameRush locations?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It is only in select markets my good friend. Only a few people have posted seeing them. I wish they did it here but the only thing they have on the card rack is all of those online pay services, Jinx, PSN Cards, and Xbox 360 Live & Point cards.

[quote name='weguzs']

GS-> BBvidoes
SW - Katana Wii, 22.49x3 -> 30.00x3->90.00 (Still Some Left)
Alone In The Dark Wii, 00.00 ->30.00
Viking Ps3, 00.00 -> 30.00
Eye Of Judgement 22.49 -> 30.00

BBCredit 180.00
[/quote]

Wow, how did you get 30 for Viking? I only got 20 today. Nice haul!

yeah mines has the xbox 1,3,12 month & 1600, 4000 cards
and the psn 20, 50
and some others , but not amazon....

opps...ohh type-O fixed it

It's worth mentioning that those of you breaking apart EoJ to sell like I am- Little Big Planet is going to use the Eye to allow you to take pictures and use those pictures as skins or stickers for objects and layers in the levels you create. I think the Eye may be worth more as demand will jump for it a couple of weeks after LBP comes out and people start to get creative. You can trade the eye for 10+1 at GS, or sell it on ebay (what I do) and get 20-25, or hang onto it if you need one for LBP, or to sell then.

[quote name='weguzs']yeah mines has the xbox 1,3,12 month & 1600, 4000 cards
and the psn 20, 50
and some others , but not amazon....

opps...ohh type-O fixed it[/quote]

Just a note. The 12 month cards are the 12 Month + 1 Free Month kind.

argh... i'm waiting for the buy one get one free again....come on BB!!!!!
right now gamestop credit to me is more valuable then BB credit. Especially with the used gamestop coupons+edge stacked. Nothing like waiting two weeks after a game releases and have the correct coupon. Paying half the price with trade in credit which was in turn from built up credit is priceless

Boom Blox will get you $35 at GS when used with edge and the cellfire coupon. You will need to pair it up with another high value game to get the most out of the cellfire coupon.

The one month trial your talking about is the 3 free one that MS give to every 360.
Each new xbox 360 gets 3 one month trials.
Also it's only one gamertag per trial, so no stacking 3 on one profile.
So once you've used up those 3 you get no more.
It's tracked by the 360 serial or shit so you can't reset it, so don't even ask.

Does blockbuster sell PRP BluRay discs? Will I be able to pick up a previous rental of the Iron Man BluRay set? I feel like IO, never like paying retail for stuff, even at Blockbuster.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Does blockbuster sell PRP BluRay discs? Will I be able to pick up a previous rental of the Iron Man BluRay set? I feel like IO, never like paying retail for stuff, even at Blockbuster.[/quote]

Yes, but they are few and far between. Our store has had Blu-Ray since January and we haven't turned one into PRP yet. It'll take about 9-12 months from the time the store first starts carrying blu-ray to when they start selling it used.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Does blockbuster sell PRP BluRay discs? Will I be able to pick up a previous rental of the Iron Man BluRay set? I feel like IO, never like paying retail for stuff, even at Blockbuster.[/quote]

Why not? It'll probably take a couple of months before they transfer rentals to use copies to sell.

I've been trying to find House Seasons 1,2 and 3 used at BBV, but I don't think they sell that. I saw Season 4 new for $59.99. That's a lot of money even though I want to buy all 4 seasons... eventually. I think I'll wait on this until a phenomenal flip comes around, such as $5->$30. Then I can get it for $10 :).

Their used copies have to go somewhere though. I know they rent out House Season 4. I've seen 1, 2 and 3 a couple of months back, but when I looked for them today they weren't there. I've combed through most of the used movies isle, but no cigar.

[quote name='vgmben']argh... i'm waiting for the buy one get one free again....come on BB!!!!![/quote]

How often does it happen? And is it a better profit margin flipping BB>GS than GS>BB?

[quote name='xfade']How often does it happen? And is it a better profit margin flipping BB>GS than GS>BB?[/quote]

It happens maybe twice a year.

B1G1 at BB is great because you can usually buy two $9.99 titles and trade them in for $10.50 each. $9.99->$21.00. If you can find better flips, even better! Trading from BB to GS during the B1G1 is almost always a 2:1 ratio. In the past there were some 2.6:1 ratios too.

In terms of ratios, trading from BBV to GS with a B1G1 going on is the best thing in terms of flipping. The only problem is finding those games. It also takes you more games to build up more credit.

One of my BB's had 2 used Blu-Rays the other day, but they were movies that they had at $34.99 new, and they were selling the used copies at $29.99. I also asked if they would ever be included in like the 4 for $20 deal, and the clerk said he doubted it. I honestly don't know if 5-6 months is worth the $5 in cheap credit you might save.

[quote name='DarkRider23']It happens maybe twice a year.

B1G1 at BB is great because you can usually buy two $9.99 titles and trade them in for $10.50 each. $9.99->$21.00. If you can find better flips, even better! Trading from BB to GS during the B1G1 is almost always a 2:1 ratio. In the past there were some 2.6:1 ratios too.

In terms of ratios, trading from BBV to GS with a B1G1 going on is the best thing in terms of flipping. The only problem is finding those games. It also takes you more games to build up more credit.[/quote]

That would seem hard, I've stepped into the flipping scene last week and finding those $9.99 games are kinda rough. And trading in multiples to GS due to their policy requires you to travel more, or wait. How do you trade from GS to BB to get the credit back? Is the list of games huge?

It's about the same...the best flips from GS to BB are usually 1.8 to 1, sometimes there are 2 to 1, and when BB does B1G1 you are paying $10 for 2 games that trade in for 8-10 bucks each, so it's still 1.8-2 to 1..

the problem with it right now is that there aren't many games left around here to flip, I've cleaned out every BB in Jax for the most part, I had to go to a smaller town about 20 miles away today to hit 2 BBs to find a ton of games to swap...if they did the B1G1 now, there wouldnt be much to do with it.

[quote name='cdeener']It is only in select markets my good friend. Only a few people have posted seeing them. I wish they did it here but the only thing they have on the card rack is all of those online pay services, Jinx, PSN Cards, and Xbox 360 Live & Point cards.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they have showed up in Southern California or has anyone seen them there?

bread's done
Back