The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Question about the Arcade- With a hard drive, can you copy the 5 arcade games over and then sue the memory card for other things like taking your Gamertag for use on a friend's console?

[quote name='Matt Young']Question about the Arcade- With a hard drive, can you copy the 5 arcade games over and then sue the memory card for other things like taking your Gamertag for use on a friend's console?[/quote]

The five games do not come on the memory card. They are on a disc, similar to XBLA Unplugged.

Even after my local CC said they didn't have AITD for Wii, I found a copy tonight, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $17.98 only to make $12.02 on it.

BTW, wtf is up with CC's used game prices? The other local CC had Assassin's Creed for PS3 for $24.99 used, while my closest one has the pre-owned ones marked $54.99 here.

Warner1281 --- quick question for you regarding unopened games

What is BBV's official return policy for new games?
Returned only to store where purchase was made?

[quote name='h2dk']Warner1281 --- quick question for you regarding unopened games

Returned only to store where purchase was made?[/quote]

I've done this in the past, even returned them back to different stores, but haven't done it so far this year

[quote name='h2dk']Warner1281 --- quick question for you regarding unopened games

Yep..return unopened to the store where you purchased it is the official response. Some stores are nice and will take it from another store. Basically its a credit and BB hates credits (especially if it isn't from their store) so if you have a jerk working the register they won't take it but if you get someone nice you might get lucky.

The BBs in my area suck. Make that 2 BBs that are both within 5 miles of my house that do not accept trade ins or sell games, new or used. I have one gamerush store about 15 mins away from me that accepts trade ins, but has a lousy used game selection and the same guy is always working so I don't want to flip games there too often. The only non gamerush BB in my area that accepts trade ins is about 12 mins away. They also have a terrible used game selection, only about 20 wii games, 25 360 games, & about 10 ps3 games. I guess not too many people in my area trade games in.

[quote name='Lethal04']The BBs in my area suck. Make that 2 BBs that are both within 5 miles of my house that do not accept trade ins or sell games, new or used. I have one gamerush store about 15 mins away from me that accepts trade ins.[/quote]

Same here only place to get stuff is Gamerush. the others barley have anything
some people dont even know you can trade in...

trekked down to a gamestop in a mall by me, to pick up a copy of Alone in The Dark (wii)
bought it no problem, drove to BB tore off used sticker and what do you know its the soundtrack edition ugh...

BB TIV (9/29)
Sea Monsters- $23
Rock And Roll Adventure- $16

Just found AitD and BAMBash at gamestop on lunch but won't be able to trade until tomorrow. Hopefully they hold. For some reason, I have a feeling they're gonna flag my trading after all my flipping yesterday. I went nuts.

[quote name='sarge1991']trekked down to a gamestop in a mall by me, to pick up a copy of Alone in The Dark (wii)
bought it no problem, drove to BB tore off used sticker and what do you know its the soundtrack edition ugh...

BB TIV (9/29)
Sea Monsters- $23
Rock And Roll Adventure- $16[/quote]

You can tell its the soundtrack edition before buying it by seeing how many discs the case holds.

Alright I am confused here. In the OP it said that the regular BBVs and the gamerush stores have the same TIVs. I just called a regular BBV & a gamerush store in the area and they have me different quotes.

BBV:

Skate (PS3) - $15
MLB 2k8 (PS3) - $19

Gamerush:

Skate (PS3) - $9
MLB 2k8 (PS3) - $12

These prices are very different. What gives?

edit: called a gamerush store in OK, got another price that was different. wtf?

skate (ps3) - $22

[quote name='vike105']You can tell its the soundtrack edition before buying it by seeing how many discs the case holds.[/QUOTE]

it also says "soundtrack edition" on the cover.

Unopened games can go back to the original store for a full refund within 30 days. Unofficially, you can try going to a closer, more convenient store, but unless you get a manager who's nice, you're probably going to be told to go back to the original store. Only time I don't make people go to the original store is when they bought it from another city/state (ie-bought it on vacation, got home, realized they already had it, so are returning it here).

[quote name='weguzs']BBVideos[/quote]

Listen, I hate to be a dick.... but its not pluralized.... just irks me everytime I read that for some reason.

Furthermore, they're not even called Blockbuster Video anymore, just Blockbuster. People around here use 'BBV' though so its not confused with Best Buy. No hard feelings or anything, just annoys me for some reason.

I'm in the military and drove today to Wichita Falls TX where I will be the next couple of months, and so one of the first things I do is try to flip some games over to blockbuster and come to find out that the 2 stores here are franchised not corporately owned so they don't take trades and on top of that their game prices are so much more expensivce then other blockbusters. Fortunately on my drive up here today I stopped by 2 different blockbusters and flipped most of my blockbuster credit to gamestop. Now I have to see tomorrow if the tiv for the gamestop games I just picked up hold over at blockbuster through this week, so I can flip them this weekend at real blockbusters. I was having a ton of fun flipping this past weekend too.

[quote name='Warner1281']Unopened games can go back to the original store for a full refund within 30 days. Unofficially, you can try going to a closer, more convenient store, but unless you get a manager who's nice, you're probably going to be told to go back to the original store. Only time I don't make people go to the original store is when they bought it from another city/state (ie-bought it on vacation, got home, realized they already had it, so are returning it here).[/quote]

Ha ha If people are returning a game because this happens they have way to many games and should not be buying them still if they can't remember what they have.

Ok, I'm hoping this is the right place and someone can help me out. I have my 360 hooked up via HDMI to my Panasonic 42PX80U tv, which is a 42" 720P plasma via HDMI. I also have my PS3 hooked up to it and am having the same problem. It does output sound via HDMI, but it is not digital. I have my optical cable connected to the output on my TV and then the input on my receiver. Sound does come out, but it's just plain stereo. Anyone have any ideas?

This is YMMV but GRID (360) at Target was $14.98 and it trades for $20 at GS and $32 at BBV though it's a good enough game to keep for $15.

Does your guys BBV give you the preorder bonuses when you preorder? The guy at mine told me i had to wait till the game came out to get the bonus. Sucks, I wanted my GOW comic book and Vault Boy stickers haha!

Also do you know if GS will take a return for a used game for credit without the reciept? Unlikely but i seemed to misplaced mine and its bugging me now!!

Since I don't have too much to do right now... I checked out the user manual for your TV on the Panasonic website:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-...levisions/VIERA-Plasma-HDTVs/model.TH-42PX80U

On the bottom of page 38, it says:

"When audio from other equipment connected to this unit via HDMI is output using “DIGITAL AUDIO OUT” of this unit, the system switches to 2CH audio.
(When connecting to an AV amp via HDMI, you can enjoy higher sound quality.)"

I guess you'll have to connect the HDMI to your receiver first (if it supports it) to get 5.1, or you could just run an optical cable directly from each console to your receiver inputs.

[quote name='sarge1991']Does your guys BBV give you the preorder bonuses when you preorder? The guy at mine told me i had to wait till the game came out to get the bonus. Sucks, I wanted my GOW comic book and Vault Boy stickers haha!

Also do you know if GS will take a return for a used game for credit without the reciept? Unlikely but i seemed to misplaced mine and its bugging me now!![/quote]

If you go to a store where you have any sort of relationship, you can USUALLY do this but it is YMMV. That said, the manager and even asst. managers can do this as a courtesy especially when all you want is store credit or you are buying more games/exchanging for more games. This works particularly well when you are SPENDING more than the return/exchange value.

Good Luck !

SOME of my local stores will do this for me....:D

Ya thats what i figured. Customer service is definitely a hit or miss for me. The BBV closest to me the Manager is pretty rude to me and asked me when i was trading some games "do you plan on buying any games at all with that credit" and pretty much told me i have to preorder a game next time i come in (not that i care). Most GS employees seem more laid back to me.

OT: When i was at the mall i went to a Zumiez to buy a necklace as a gift for my bros b-day, the lady there was a total bitch and said i couldnt just buy one thing because it makes her look bad (WTF?) I argued and argued but she wouldnt ring it up. Finally i grabbed a pack of gum and said w/e paid and walked out. That pissed me off.

Sorry about the OT Rant

[quote name='ndshide']Ok, I'm hoping this is the right place and someone can help me out. I have my 360 hooked up via HDMI to my Panasonic 42PX80U tv, which is a 42" 720P plasma via HDMI. I also have my PS3 hooked up to it and am having the same problem. It does output sound via HDMI, but it is not digital. I have my optical cable connected to the output on my TV and then the input on my receiver. Sound does come out, but it's just plain stereo. Anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

I don't know if there's any TV that outputs 5.1. Based on your information, I'm assuming that your receiver doesn't have an HDMI port, so you can't simply use an HDMI cable from 360 to receiver then a second HDMI cable from receiver to TV. You need the optical adapter that's sold in an A/V package with an HDMI cable. Or you can do a simple physical hack that's documented here: http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

[quote name='sarge1991']Ya thats what i figured. Customer service is definitely a hit or miss for me. The BBV closest to me the Manager is pretty rude to me and asked me when i was trading some games "do you plan on buying any games at all with that credit" and pretty much told me i have to preorder a game next time i come in (not that i care). Most GS employees seem more laid back to me.

OT: When i was at the mall i went to a Zumiez to buy a necklace as a gift for my bros b-day, the lady there was a total bitch and said i couldnt just buy one thing because it makes her look bad (WTF?) I argued and argued but she wouldnt ring it up. Finally i grabbed a pack of gum and said w/e paid and walked out. That pissed me off.

Sorry about the OT Rant[/quote]

Tell her to stuff it. If she still persists, demand to talk to the manager. If that doesn't work resort to physical violence.

And yeah, most GS guys tend to be more laid back about it because they're generally party to the flipping scene themselves, or at least have to deal with enough flippers that they don't really care about it anymore.

[quote name='sarge1991']Does your guys BBV give you the preorder bonuses when you preorder? The guy at mine told me i had to wait till the game came out to get the bonus. Sucks, I wanted my GOW comic book and Vault Boy stickers haha!

[/quote]

Pretty YMMV, but typically they wait until the game is out because they (at least with framed art) have to scan it. I've been sending a relative to pick up mine, because I preordered them at home (and im no longer there) so they are just picking up the games... and they never get the pre-order bonuses :(

[quote name='mkernan']Listen, I hate to be a dick.... but its not pluralized.... just irks me everytime I read that for some reason.

Furthermore, they're not even called Blockbuster Video anymore, just Blockbuster. People around here use 'BBV' though so its not confused with Best Buy. No hard feelings or anything, just annoys me for some reason.[/quote]

Thank God someone finally said something about this. It was bugging the crap out of me too but I didn't want to say anything if it wasn't bothering anyone else. No offense to the OPer it's just irksome. On the other hand I do appreciate your contribution to the forum as you are a regular poster and keep us updated on your experiences. Mkernan and I are just asking if you could fix that if you don't mind. Thanks.

[quote name='Thomas96']I have my 360 hooked up via a bridged connection from a laptop. I ran a test, the connection if fine, however, I'm getting a MTU error. I could be that live is down for maintinance. Any idea who to fix the MTU error if its not a live being down for maintinance issue?
[/quote]

The MTU problem is due to Live being down. It happens to me and my friends too.

[quote name='cg1407']Thank God someone finally said something about this. It was bugging the crap out of me too but I didn't want to say anything if it wasn't bothering anyone else. No offense to the OPer it's just irksome. On the other hand I do appreciate your contribution to the forum as you are a regular poster and keep us updated on your experiences. Mkernan and I are just asking if you could fix that if you don't mind. Thanks.[/quote]

lol i actually felt the same way. thought it was funny at the same time though.

[quote name='stoned99']Thanks, just confirmed that on the phone.

TIV
360 MX vs ATV 19
360 Scene It 22
360 Grid 32[/quote]

^Imagine the possibilities with the long gone "$10 off on 360" Target coupon. :drool: Atleast Grid 360 still gets an almost 2x return.

BBVideos :lol:

With some people here wanting to lay low with their BBV flipping, I have an alternate way to build up your GS credit in the meantime.

Purchase from GS the following used:
Mario Super Sluggers $44.99= $31.49(after 20% off + edge)
Mario Kart $39.99= $27.99
Super Smash Brothers Melee $44.99= $31.49
Boom Blox $44.99= $31.49

Then trade them back to GS with cellfire coupon(must trade in only 2 games at a time) with edge and get:
Mario Super Sluggers $42 +$10.51
Mario Kart $35 +$7.01
Super Smash Brothers Melee $37.80 +$6.31
Boom Blox $35 +3.51

GS are usually more plentiful to find and you can build you credit with little effort. I did this with the B2G1 and made a lot more, but I think some of us can still use this now. Obviously Boom Blox is the least desirable but you may need it to have 2 games to trade in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hlb96']With some people here wanting to lay low with their BBV flipping, I have an alternate way to build up your GS credit in the meantime.

Boom Blox $44.99= $31.49

Then trade them back to GS with cellfire coupon(must trade in only 2 games at a time) with edge and get:
Mario Super Sluggers $40 +$8.51
Mario Kart $35 +$7.01
Boom Blox $35 +3.51

GS are usually more plentiful to find and you can build you credit with little effort. I did this with the B2G1 and made a lot more, but I think some of us can still use this now. Obviously Boom Blox is the least desirable but you may need it to have 2 games to trade in.[/quote]

Unfortunately that also gets you blinking on the Gamestop radar. While some Gamestops don't seem like they really care, some people on the forum have alluded to the fact that Gamestop can more easily track your flipping activity if you actually decide to flip games from GS to GS. People have gotten banned from Gamestop before, so while it's harder than getting banned at BBV, it's still very possible.

[quote name='hlb96']With some people here wanting to lay low with their BBV flipping, I have an alternate way to build up your GS credit in the meantime.

Boom Blox $44.99= $31.49

Mario Super Sluggers $40 +$8.51
Mario Kart $35 +$7.01
Boom Blox $35 +3.51

GS are usually more plentiful to find and you can build you credit with little effort. I did this with the B2G1 and made a lot more, but I think some of us can still use this now. Obviously Boom Blox is the least desirable but you may need it to have 2 games to trade in.[/quote]

are there any other games like this good for flipping? i mineaswell try it and just get my g/f to go trade in the games i buy..

[quote name='GuardianE']Unfortunately that also gets you blinking on the Gamestop radar. While some Gamestops don't seem like they really care, some people on the forum have alluded to the fact that Gamestop can more easily track your flipping activity if you actually decide to flip games from GS to GS. People have gotten banned from Gamestop before, so while it's harder than getting banned at BBV, it's still very possible.[/quote]

Well, for the adventurous among us, get yourself a couple of extra $2 Edge cards with the mail-in, and get multiple accounts going under different phone numbers, and I'm sure it's feasible. Probably best to keep it down to B2G1 and/or 50% coupon times.

Meh, thats what I was afraid of. I ordered an optical switch, but i guess until that gets here i'll just be switching cables manually. Thanks for the help though. I tried to look through the manual, but missed that on 38.

Boom Blox $44.99= $31.49

Mario Super Sluggers $42 +$10.51
Mario Kart $35 +$7.01
Boom Blox $35 +3.51

you get fraud aids

Does anyone know the current TIV for COD4 (PS3)?

I did a search for "Call of Duty 4 PS3" but didn't get any hits that matched. Only info on the 360 version. Was thinking of trading in that and Soul Calibur 4 for LBP.

[quote name='monkeydeew']you get fraud aids[/quote]

How is that fraud? It is doing what is allowed.

Seriously bunch yourself in the balls

[quote name='joshnorm']How is that fraud? It is doing what is allowed.

Seriously bunch yourself in the balls[/QUOTE]

Get it right pal....its "go punch yourself in the face" and just because it is "allowed" does not mean it should be encouraged.

Just called the BBV and they say their TIV for Lost Odyssey is still $35. Target has the game for $15 on clearance if you can find it, and GS is also selling it for $34.99 used, so take the promo discounts (-30% or -43%) and it's a solid 1.5 flip at the very least. At such a high price, it's a good $10-15 profit.

Also, anyone know of any GS stores that will give TIVs over the phone? None of the guys in my area will do it, which makes flipping back to GS a pain.

Oh, yeah, and anyone know the policy regarding buying rentals? I'm guessing I have to rent out the game and just keep it beyond the overdue date and eventually get billed full price for it, but how exactly does it work? Does the rental price count towards the purchase price? Do I have to pay new retail price (i.e. $59.99 or whatever) for what is basically a used game? Can I come back later and get the box and manual?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshnorm']How is that fraud? It is doing what is allowed.

Seriously bunch yourself in the balls[/quote]

Yeah, I gotta agree here. As sketchy as it may seem. You're trading in used games.

Sure you bought the exact same used games a few minutes earlier, but that does not change that they are in fact "used games" that you are trading in.

Who Wants to Touch Me, sorry I posted after the posts got deleted. I apologize! Please delete my other post and this one! Sorry!

[quote name='tianxia']Just called the BBV and they say their TIV for Lost Odyssey is still $35. Target has the game for $15 on clearance if you can find it, and GS is also selling it for $34.99 used, so take the promo discounts (-30% or -43%) and it's a solid 1.5 flip at the very least. At such a high price, it's a good $10-15 profit.
[/quote]

I traded in Lost Odyssey in last week and got a lot less than $35 for it. I believe it was more like $22 TIV.

bread's done
Back