The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='tianxia']Just called the BBV and they say their TIV for Lost Odyssey is still $35. Target has the game for $15 on clearance if you can find it, and GS is also selling it for $34.99 used, so take the promo discounts (-30% or -43%) and it's a solid 1.5 flip at the very least. At such a high price, it's a good $10-15 profit.[/quote]

I think he gave you the price for what they sell it used. TIV was around 22 or so last time I looked into it.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']I think he gave you the price for what they sell it used. TIV was around 22 or so last time I looked into it.[/quote]

What a pain, they put me on hold for five minutes too, so you'd think that at the very least they could get it right the first time.

[quote name='tianxia'] . . .
Oh, yeah, and anyone know the policy regarding buying rentals? I'm guessing I have to rent out the game and just keep it beyond the overdue date and eventually get billed full price for it, but how exactly does it work? Does the rental price count towards the purchase price? Do I have to pay new retail price (i.e. $59.99 or whatever) for what is basically a used game? Can I come back later and get the box and manual?[/quote]

The way it was explained to me by Blockbuster before is that when you keep something out too long, you are charged for it. If that store has previously had a used copy of that item in stock, you will be charged the used price. If they've never had a used copy in their stock, then you will be charged the new price.

At least that's the way it was explained to me when I accidentally bought Renaissance for $21.99!
I assume it works the same way for games.

[quote name='jgressley']TiV for today (9/30)

:wii: Samurai Warriors: Katana = $30[/quote]

sweeeet! gonna grab this today and do some more flippin! thanks for the update!

Hey guys, I know there was discussion the other day about there being PS3's at BBV for $359 and $299. I went to one at lunch that was about 20 minutes from my local store which has a sign for $359. Sure enough, this one had the same little neon pinkish sign which said PS3 $299 (was $359) right on the door as I walked in. They also had new 360 20 Gb for $259.

[quote name='bgame2']Hey guys, I know there was discussion the other day about there being PS3's at BBV for $359 and $299. I went to one at lunch that was about 20 minutes from my local store which has a sign for $359. Sure enough, this one had the same little neon pinkish sign which said PS3 $299 (was $359) right on the door as I walked in. They also had new 360 20 Gb for $259.[/quote]
was the $299 ps3 new?

[quote name='Jesse757x']was the $299 ps3 new?[/quote]

It didn't say on the sign and the person I asked "wasn't sure". But I'd have to think they weren't previously selling used ones for $359, so I'm guessing that it was new....I can always call later today in hopes of getting a different CSR to give me some info but as of now that's all I know.

TIV 9/30

Beijing Olympics 2008 (PS3) - $30
Eye of Judgment (PS3) - $30
World Series of Poker 2008 (PS3) - $20
Cabela's Trophy Bucks (360) - $19

Rented Iron Man Blu Ray at BB that I trade at the most with no problems. Their store set up allows you to walk behind the computer screens when exiting. I had my step daughter stand behind it and see if there was anything 'flashing' on there when my account was pulled up.
There was a note. It was still up as I walked by, the most I got from it was "Watch this guy, he trades at....Fischer Blvd(other local store)..." There was more but hard to read and the manager was at the next terminal. I avoided buying anything to flip back to GS, I wanted to be seen as just a regular schmo renting a movie.
I'll wait a week, then find some cheap game to trade that gets around $10-20 to see if anything is said.

For us folicly challenged gamers, they had a stack of Indiana Jones fedoras at the register!

I'm having a hell of a time getting someone on the phone to quote me TIV. As far as I can tell there haven't been any price drops this week on PS3 games I can find, well at least the ones that are in the first post. I've gotten some quotes on Wii games too and they have remained unchanged.

Here are some that are not really viable flips, even with a coupon but since I haven't seen the prices anywhere I thought someone could use them

PS3 - WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 08 - 16
PS3 - Haze - 16
PS3 - FIFA 08 - 16
PS3 - Unreal Tournament III - 23
PS3 - Wall E - 23
PS3 - Monster Madness - 23

today i traded in the following
UT 3 ps3-$23
patapon-$7
& i got ironman priced matched at BB w/ the Frys ad for $25

[quote name='doubledown']How much is BB SELLING Iron Man (Blu-Ray) for?[/quote]
$34.99

[quote name='joker______']

$34.99[/QUOTE]
The price must be YMMV.
I called 2 different stores and spoke to the managers I know at each store and each of them looked it up in the computer and told me it was $29.99.

[quote name='hlb96']The price must be YMMV.
I called 2 different stores and spoke to the managers I know at each store and each of them looked it up in the computer and told me it was $29.99.[/quote]

It's $ 29.99 at my store too.. I preorder and the CSR told me that the BluRay is defective so I can't pick it up today. That's bullsh*&. How do they know that it's defective without even opening it... I told her that, and she said that she got a note from corporate.

I have to cancel the preorder and get it somehwere else. It's cheaper anyway even though using cash.

[quote name='gi60']It's $ 29.99 at my store too.. I preorder and the CSR told me that the BluRay is defective so I can't pick it up today. That's bullsh*&. How do they know that it's defective without even opening it... I told her that, and she said that she got a note from corporate.

I have to cancel the preorder and get it somehwere else. It's cheaper anyway even though using cash.[/quote]

Iron-Man Blu-Ray fiasco...

Due to printing errors at Paramount (or whatever studio it is), they are calling the Iron-Man Blu-Ray defective. Disc 1 has compatibility issues with certain players. The studio pre-emptively told all retailers to pull the Blu-Rays off the shelf and they would "super-fast" ship the replacements out to arrive no later than noon of release day (yeah sure :roll:). Blockbuster corporate issued a directive to destroy all original copies of the Blu-Ray (rental and retail) and changed the description of the movie to "Do not Rent or Sell." The replacement, which should already be in store, has a new SKU and is $29.99. For some reason, the "Do not rent or sell" version is 34.99. So if you get charged 34.99, you got the defective copy. There's a thread about it in the DVD/Blu-Ray forum.

[quote name='hlb96']The price must be YMMV.
I called 2 different stores and spoke to the managers I know at each store and each of them looked it up in the computer and told me it was $29.99.[/quote]

yea i believe it is but i got lucky cause they PM'd frys price

Just a heads-up on a pending TIV drop, if it hasn't already happened. Sea Monsters is now marked $24.99, so the $23 TIV is soon to be dead.

Also noticed that Skate :360: is now $14.99.

My store did add a few new rentals to the FS rack, more fodder for me. :)

mf'r! i can't believe the Iron Man Blu-Ray disc that i got is defective...Was plannin on watchin it tonite to celebrate all my hard work flipping lol. Got one BBV near me on phone w/ the other one further away...hoping the other one has the non-defective discs...

[quote name='sp00ge']Just a heads-up on a pending TIV drop, if it hasn't already happened. Sea Monsters is now marked $24.99, so the $23 TIV is soon to be dead.

Also noticed that Skate :360: is now $14.99.

My store did add a few new rentals to the FS rack, more fodder for me. :)[/QUOTE]

I think Sea Monsters was selling that way last week and the TIV held. It is just one of those fluke Blockbuster things. I'm sure it will change at some point soon, but we thought that last week and it didn't.

Cranium Kabooki has been $16.99 for several weeks now and yet people still report getting some insane high value for that as well.

Except for a couple of copies of Sea Monsters last week (because I couldn't find much else) I try to stay away from the ones that sell for only $1 more than the TIV because I figure that's just more fodder for the Junior Detectives out there.

[quote name='animemaniac14']hey IO, i don't mean to pry, but could you kindly update the first (or second) post with the updated clearance NEW and USED games? CG1407 made an excellent list here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4911113&postcount=3056

and I was also wondering if you could update the NGII NEW Price on the first post, as it's been bothering me for a while :whistle2:D most appreciated![/QUOTE]

OK, I can do that. But am I just supposed to guess what price NG II is? I have no idea what it is supposed to be.

Edit - OK, I updated the first post with that list - the thing is, I already had many of the prices like that already - so they weren't recent drops but the original "clearance" prices. It could be that (like Boom Blox) they went up then back down again. But anyway, they are pretty much the same - hard to see how that was bugging you so much :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']Hey guys, I know there was discussion the other day about there being PS3's at BBV for $359 and $299. I went to one at lunch that was about 20 minutes from my local store which has a sign for $359. Sure enough, this one had the same little neon pinkish sign which said PS3 $299 (was $359) right on the door as I walked in. They also had new 360 20 Gb for $259.[/quote]

I checked the price of the 40gb PS3 at all of the GR stores in my area, and it's still $359.99. Maybe they accidentally marked it with the used price, which is currently $299.99.

Did some checking on a couple of flips from Target > BBV:

2008 Beijing Olympics (PS3): $30 ($12.98 clearanced)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3): $22 ($9.98 clearanced)

This is good for me because they have, like, 20 copies of UT3 on clearance at my local Target. I already flipped the 2 Olympics they had, so I may go back and get a couple of the UT3s. 2.0 even after tax is well worth using cash.

Also, anyone ever had any luck finding a PSP at BBV? I asked them once and they fed me some story about Blockbuster having a deal with Nintendo or somesuch.

Looks like I may have to shell out Gamestop credit for Fifa 09 when it comes out, its surprising that blockbuster doesn't have it in their system as a future title since they carried Fifa 08

[quote name='tianxia']Did some checking on a couple of flips from Target > BBV:

This is good for me because they have, like, 20 copies of UT3 on clearance at my local Target. I already flipped the 2 Olympics they had, so I may go back and get a couple of the UT3s. 2.0 even after tax is well worth using cash.

Also, anyone ever had any luck finding a PSP at BBV? I asked them once and they fed me some story about Blockbuster having a deal with Nintendo or somesuch.[/quote]

Yeah there are quite a few target to BBV flips out there. I got word from a target employee that the price on Dragonball Z (ps3) and Grid (360) will not go down anymore. The next step is to send them back to the factory. They only allow a 75% markdown before going back to the factory. Might want to check with your target and see when they are planning to send them back so that you dont miss out on the deals (FOR THOSE WHO DONT MIND A CASH FLIP.:roll: LOL.)---like myself.

[quote name='io']But am I just supposed to guess what price NG II is? I have no idea what it is supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

NGII is $29.99 new as of a week or two ago.

[quote name='tianxia']

Also, anyone ever had any luck finding a PSP at BBV? I asked them once and they fed me some story about Blockbuster having a deal with Nintendo or somesuch.[/quote]

i'm in Socal, and all of the BBV within 30 miles of driving from work to home has PSP Madden, GOW, and all other systems.

[quote name='Rig']The MTU problem is due to Live being down. It happens to me and my friends too.[/QUOTE]

thanks, it started working since its up now!

[quote name='tianxia']Did some checking on a couple of flips from Target > BBV:

[/quote]

I traded in Beijing 2008 today, it is a very good flip. They have about 4 more copies at my Target. Does a BBV know if I trade or know what I trade to other BBVs? Can I get a couple more copies and trade them at different stores or would that be a good way to be flagged or banned? I only have traded at 2 different BBVs, one being a gamerush, and haven't traded in the same game to the same store yet, even though the agreement says you can trade in 2 of the same games in once per day. I heard that is a good way to get banned.

[quote name='Lethal04']I traded in Beijing 2008 today, it is a very good flip. They have about 4 more copies at my Target. Does a BBV know if I trade or know what I trade to other BBVs? Can I get a couple more copies and trade them at different stores or would that be a good way to be flagged or banned? I only have traded at 2 different BBVs, one being a gamerush, and haven't traded in the same game to the same store yet, even though the agreement says you can trade in 2 of the same games in once per day. I heard that is a good way to get banned.[/quote]

Computers are not linked BUT alot of employees go back and forth between stores. So you might run into someone who works both stores and that could be a problem. OR there is that one junior detective who might call up other BBV in the area to see if you have made the rounds IF you are trading in a ton of games. I came clean with the DM in my area AND now have no trade limits to the 4 or 5 stores hes over. I even have the DM's cell number. :roll: Somthing his employess dont even have. :D

[quote name='Lethal04']I traded in Beijing 2008 today, it is a very good flip. They have about 4 more copies at my Target. Does a BBV know if I trade or know what I trade to other BBVs? Can I get a couple more copies and trade them at different stores or would that be a good way to be flagged or banned? I only have traded at 2 different BBVs, one being a gamerush, and haven't traded in the same game to the same store yet, even though the agreement says you can trade in 2 of the same games in once per day. I heard that is a good way to get banned.[/quote]

There is always a possibility of getting banned if you meet a junior detective who's checking your account at other stores, especially if it's in the same disctrict. so it's YMMV.

[quote name='gi60']There is always a possibility of getting banned if you meet a junior detective who's checking your account at other stores, especially if it's in the same disctrict. so it's YMMV.[/quote]

This makes me happy my local store is an oddity. For some reason, it's part of a district on the other side of the state, while the next nearest stores in all directions are part of another district. It's stuck right in the middle of another district, so the DM makes very few trips out this way. And the employees there seem to really love me.

Man you people are lucky with all these Target games. I went to mine last night and they just got around to the last drops - ie, Lost Odyssey is now $30, Grid is $30 or $40, etc (and yeah I scanned them)... They didn't appear to have the Beijing game at all and no Scene Its either (want that for myself for $15). Not that I would or should be doing any cash flips anyway, but I'd like a few of these games to keep!

I finally noticed these new signs with the DM name when I was in Arizona. I'll have to see if they put these up at the ones near home. I have a vague idea of the district boundary but it would be nice to know for sure. Also, because of the $10,000 limit I want to trade on my secondary account but that is only active as my trade account at 1 or 2 stores... Unfortunately in forgetting my card a few times some of the stores switched me over from the backup account to the main one when looking me up by name. I used to use the main one only at Gamerush and the other at all regular BB's but now most use that main one.

Here's a question that hasn't come up before? Any word on BBV getting the Rock Band 2 kit in on October 19th? I'm really thinking of picking it up, but I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to get it. Tax or no tax? Hm.

The rock band 2 kit is on our "selected preorders", which means its guaranteed.

Also, if yall like stand up card board things. My store got a big Fallout 3 brootherhood of steel guy that i called right after the box. If none of the employees want them they usually give them to customers.

For those that pre-ordered Iron Man from Blockbuster did any of you get the bobblehead they were advertising? I'm just wondering because I hope to get it when I go back tomorrow afternoon to pick up my copy. Good thing I didn't pay off Iron Man earlier so hopefully I can get it at the $29.99 price when I pay it off with credit on my account. To bad the credit I would have saved my girlfriend spent on snacks today when I wasn't able to pick it up.

So yeah, I sold that Collector's Edition of Warhammer Online just now. The final bid? $62. Worst part? I advertised free shipping. Yeah, so it looks like I am pretty close to losing money on this whole ordeal. It's as if I bought something on credit and handed it to somebody else. It's either that, or just turned $30 of credit and $55 in cash and turned it into around $55 in cash. Pretty bad day, and now I'm completely out of GameStop credit.

[quote name='tianxia']

Wait for the PSP 3000 out in November....Much better screen...

[quote name='donut']Wait for the PSP 3000 out in November....Much better screen...[/quote]

Just make sure and get a stamina battery with the 3000 as that prettier screen sucks up more juice...

[quote name='Karuto']So yeah, I sold that Collector's Edition of Warhammer Online just now. The final bid? $62. Worst part? I advertised free shipping. Yeah, so it looks like I am pretty close to losing money on this whole ordeal. It's as if I bought something on credit and handed it to somebody else. It's either that, or just turned $30 of credit and $55 in cash and turned it into around $55 in cash. Pretty bad day, and now I'm completely out of GameStop credit.[/quote]

Ebay is like that... some you win, some you lose. At worst, though, $30 in credit is next to nothing compared to the amount of credit you've likely accumulated through flipping. Think of it as an overall thing. You flip hundreds of games, you're bound to lose $30 on a few bad trades here or there.

[quote name='donut']Wait for the PSP 3000 out in November....Much better screen...[/quote]

That's actually the plan, but even when it drops I'll have to pay real cash for it unless I can get enough in BBV > GS flips to pay for it that way. Either that or Blockbuster starts carrying those rumored retailer GCs before the 17th, which is when Wikipedia has it listed as shipping.

[quote name='io']Man you people are lucky with all these Target games. I went to mine last night and they just got around to the last drops - ie, Lost Odyssey is now $30, Grid is $30 or $40, etc (and yeah I scanned them)... They didn't appear to have the Beijing game at all and no Scene Its either (want that for myself for $15). Not that I would or should be doing any cash flips anyway, but I'd like a few of these games to keep![/quote]

If there's still a copy there this weekend (there were over 30 last week) I'll go out and grab a Scene It for ya since they're $15 here. Have to wait till Saturday to find out though. Went to another one today and noticed the lone copy of Grid they had was gone. :cry: Must have finally dropped at that Target too.

[quote name='tianxia']Ebay is like that... some you win, some you lose. At worst, though, $30 in credit is next to nothing compared to the amount of credit you've likely accumulated through flipping. Think of it as an overall thing. You flip hundreds of games, you're bound to lose $30 on a few bad trades here or there.[/quote]

Tell me about it. F'n Space Chimps...

EDIT: Heh, totally forgot about TIVs
BB -> GS
Wii Sonic Riders 14.99->13.80
Wii Table Tennis 14.99->14.90
Wii Spyro 9.99->11.60
Wii Meet the Robinsons 9.99->10.50
360 FEAR Files 9.99->12.70
360 Timeshift 9.99->11.60

[quote name='cdeener']For those that pre-ordered Iron Man from Blockbuster did any of you get the bobblehead they were advertising? I'm just wondering because I hope to get it when I go back tomorrow afternoon to pick up my copy. Good thing I didn't pay off Iron Man earlier so hopefully I can get it at the $29.99 price when I pay it off with credit on my account. To bad the credit I would have saved my girlfriend spent on snacks today when I wasn't able to pick it up.[/quote]

I've seen the bobble heads at a couple of different stores so far. They look pretty cool. $9.99 each. I think I might pick one up just for the hell of it.

[quote name='io']I finally noticed these new signs with the DM name when I was in Arizona. I'll have to see if they put these up at the ones near home. I have a vague idea of the district boundary but it would be nice to know for sure. [/quote]

They're in all the stores here in Pa. They're great for the reason you mentioned. The district I live in spans at least three counties, but luckily I live about 10 minutes from the next district (where I already have a trade account.) :D

Regarding the $10k limit per account - does anyone know if that is in regard to a specific timeframe? Does it ever reset after a certain period of time?

I know I am pretty close to the cap. Profited somewhere close to $2000 in store credit so far (most of which has been used by now), and I did quite a bit of flipping at 1.5 ratio.

bread's done
Back