The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

I know that Monster Jam for the Wii has been listed all over the thread already but I was just at my local Toys R Us and saw Monster Jam on sale for the Xbox 360 for $20... Wondering if anyone knows TIV off the top of their head?

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: Uh, check the second post?

[quote name='illpleasa']I know that Monster Jam for the Wii has been listed all over the thread already but I was just at my local Toys R Us and saw Monster Jam on sale for the Xbox 360 for $20... Wondering if anyone knows TIV off the top of their head?[/quote]

[quote name='Nikadimas']
Heh, totally forgot about TIVs
BB -> GS
Wii Sonic Riders 14.99->13.80
Wii Table Tennis 14.99->14.90
Wii Spyro 9.99->11.60
Wii Meet the Robinsons 9.99->10.50
360 FEAR Files 9.99->12.70
360 Timeshift 9.99->11.60[/quote]

Nice, BBV > GS flips are always welcome, especially since I'm usually starving for GS credit and overflowing with BBV credit. I think there's a Sonic Riders at a BBV in my area, too, so even if it's only a .92 flip it'll still help me move some of that excessive credit back where I can use it.

Just out of curiosity, how are you guys figuring out which flips work for BBV > GS? Trial and error?

[quote name='xdl']Regarding the $10k limit per account - does anyone know if that is in regard to a specific timeframe? Does it ever reset after a certain period of time?

I know I am pretty close to the cap. Profited somewhere close to $2000 in store credit so far (most of which has been used by now), and I did quite a bit of flipping at 1.5 ratio.[/QUOTE]

That we most certainly do not know. If it is anything less than the lifetime of the account then I'm definitely OK. I only come close when adding up all my trades over nearly 4 years. If it is yearly or so then most of us probably don't have any problem.

Just did my totals from Sept 15-30 and this last week of flipping really paid off.

$149 -> $260. Not a bad 15 days at all. It was actually more like 6 because I only flipped from Saturday to Thursday, but whatever. Money is money. Kind of annoyed that I didn't double my credit totals though.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the BBV i work at we gave away the bobbleheads when they preordered, as we were instructed too, which is why you had to put down 10 dollars. You might be SOL.

Just did some digging around the other thread, and it looks like Spiderwick Chronicles for the Wii would be a good 1:1 flip ($13 BBV > $7 base GS). Kane and Lynch for PS3 also looks viable although it's only a .8 flip.

Short version:

BBV > GS (not confirmed by myself):
Spiderwick Chronicles (Wii): $13 > $7 base
Kane and Lynch (PS3): $16 > $7 base

This is probably old news but the BBV TIV for Balls of Fury (Wii) is 13.

Also maybe old news, apparently there was a recall on the Iron Man Blu rays and BBV got in the new working copies today (tuesday). The BBV employee assured me that I have the one that will work (haven't tried it yet). I guess make sure to get the UPC that I have - 097361385709. The BBV employee even had to cancel my preorder and move the credit onto my account because my preorder was for a different UPC and it wasn't applying to the new UPC.

Hope this info helps at least 1 person from not buying the flawed copy from a lazy BBV.

BBV also has the Godfather Trilogy Blu Ray for sale for 74.99 which pisses me off because I asked many different people at many different BBVs if they would be carrying it and they all told me different things and they all said the price would be higher. I bought it on Amazon for 62 which blows because 62 dollars is like equal to 600 dollars worth of BBV Credit :)

[quote name='Nikadimas']If there's still a copy there this weekend (there were over 30 last week) I'll go out and grab a Scene It for ya since they're $15 here. Have to wait till Saturday to find out though. Went to another one today and noticed the lone copy of Grid they had was gone. :cry: Must have finally dropped at that Target too.

Tell me about it. F'n Space Chimps...

EDIT: Heh, totally forgot about TIVs
BB -> GS
Wii Sonic Riders 14.99->13.80
Wii Table Tennis 14.99->14.90
Wii Spyro 9.99->11.60
Wii Meet the Robinsons 9.99->10.50
360 FEAR Files 9.99->12.70
360 Timeshift 9.99->11.60[/quote]

Thanks. Some nice finds. It would warm my cold bitter heart full of joy if someday fantasic 4 Wii is a positive flip from BBV to GS (similar to stranglehold flips back and forth a while ago) ;)

[quote name='tianxia']Did some checking on a couple of flips from Target > BBV:

2008 Beijing Olympics (PS3): $30 ($12.98 clearanced)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3): $22 ($9.98 clearanced)

This is good for me because they have, like, 20 copies of UT3 on clearance at my local Target. I already flipped the 2 Olympics they had, so I may go back and get a couple of the UT3s. 2.0 even after tax is well worth using cash.

Also, anyone ever had any luck finding a PSP at BBV? I asked them once and they fed me some story about Blockbuster having a deal with Nintendo or somesuch.[/quote]

I wish my local Targets actually managed to keep the games in the case unmarked, like many of the local Kmarts, but unfortunately that never happens around here. The prices never even hit 75% off most times before everything is snapped up.

Either some non-reseller notices the clearance price and snatches up the games for themselves or as soon as they drop to the good profit range price, the fuckin' resellers come in and clean them out of EVERYTHING.

Then again, it may be that I go in the afternoon/evening to my closest Target and I'm not there at 9 am or whenever it is they open to be first in line to get a shot at the stuff.

Mind you, most of it is shit I would never want in the first place, but it'd be nice to actually see stuff still there for me to cherry pick from before the fuckin' vultures come in and pick the place clean.

I stopped by a BB that I have never been to (was in the area looking for games at Target) and saw that they had alot of "Perfect Storm" flippables. BK, EDF, MtR, IR , GC, etc... it was practically untouched. :whistle2:& Found 4 copies of Fear Files, 2 TS, 3 Spyros and a SoF. Left behind some Avatars, Elebits, Red Ninjas and Spiderman FoF.

Noticed that Army of Two and DMC4 both for PS3 were $24.99 used. Found a MUA 360 for $9.99 but it wasn't the gold edition. :cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] The prices never even hit 75% off most times before everything is snapped up.

Either some non-reseller notices the clearance price and snatches up the games for themselves or as soon as they drop to the good profit range price, the fuckin' resellers come in and clean them out of EVERYTHING.

Mind you, most of it is shit I would never want in the first place, but it'd be nice to actually see stuff still there for me to cherry pick from before the fuckin' vultures come in and pick the place clean.[/quote]

So you're bitching that you don't get first shot to 'resell' the stuff to blockbuster before people who actually want the games buy them to play?

Hoping for a bad coupon this week from Gamestop, don't need any temptation to go overboard flipping.

sunday 9/28 I traded Rock and Roll Adventures Wii $16. Not sure if it dropped on Monday, but was still good as of then.

Here are some values hot off the phone:

Game (platform) $gs price before discounts -> BB TIV

Bladestorm (PS3) $34.99 -> $36
Bladestorm 360 $34.99 -> $35
One Piece (Wii) $17.99 -> $23
Hist. Channl BftP (PS3) $24.99 -> $23
Guilty Gear (Wii) $24.99 -> $23
Tomb Raider Anniv. (Wii) $24.99 -> $20
Victorious Boxers (Wii) $24.99 -> $30
Bust a Move Bash (Wii) $17.99 -> $20

And for the lazy ones, here's the same info with 20% off coupon and Edge applied:

Bladestorm (PS3) $24.49 -> $36
Bladestorm 360 $24.49 -> $35
One Piece (Wii) $12.59 -> $23
Hist. Channl BftP (PS3) $17.49 -> $23
Guilty Gear (Wii) $17.49 -> $23
Tomb Raider Anniv. (Wii) $17.49 -> $20
Victorious Boxers (Wii) $17.49 -> $30
Bust a Move Bash (Wii) $12.59 -> $20

[quote name='GoVols']Does anyone's blockbusters have the new 80 gb PS3 or the MGS4 Bundle?[/quote]
Or, the 60gb X360s? :) Thanks in advance.

TiV for today (10/1):

:360: Gears of War = $25
:360: Guitar Hero: Aerosmith = $28.50
:360: Kane and Lynch = $15
:360: Bladestorm = $35
:ps3: Eye of Judgement = $30
:ps3: World Series Poker 2008 = $20
:wii: Luxor = $20

[quote name='Guerrilla']Or, the 60gb X360s? :) Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Mine has the new 80 GB PS3 and 60 GB X360. MGS4 is long gone.

[quote name='donut']:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: Uh, check the second post?[/quote]

Obviously you didn't understand my first post so let me rephrase it so that it can make more sense..

I know the WII version of Monster Jam is already listed, HOWEVER, I saw Monster Jam for the XBOX360 on sale in Toys R' Us for $20 and was wondering if anyone knew the trade in value of **THE 360 VERSION NOT THE WII VERSION**?

Also, do you think it would be less than the Wii version? I don't see why it wouldn't but hey you never know...

[quote name='illpleasa']Obviously you didn't understand my first post so let me rephrase it so that it can make more sense..

I know the WII version of Monster Jam is already listed, HOWEVER, I saw Monster Jam for the XBOX360 on sale in Toys R' Us for $20 and was wondering if anyone knew the trade in value of **THE 360 VERSION NOT THE WII VERSION**?

Also, do you think it would be less than the Wii version? I don't see why it wouldn't but hey you never know...[/quote]

Why don't you get off your lazy ass and call Blockbuster?

[quote name='illpleasa']Obviously you didn't understand my first post so let me rephrase it so that it can make more sense..

Also, do you think it would be less than the Wii version? I don't see why it wouldn't but hey you never know...[/quote]

Before you get your panties all up in a bunch why not try calling and contributing to the thread?

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Before you get your panties all up in a bunch why not try calling and contributing to the thread?[/quote]

Yet again with the flaming from the people who don't understand..

FIRST off, I was responding to the misunderstood answer that Donut made when he replied to my first post...

SECOND of all, I wasn't expecting an answer since that post was from yesterday and as I already called yesterday and confirmed the price, I didn't need the answer. What I was trying to do was put someone in their place that misinterpreted my post, something that I must do to the two posts above this one....

THIRDLY tianxia, and armstrong, just look up my posts, and see how much i have contributed to the CAG threads from only the 1 month that I have been here then make your assumptions about me...

Alright, guys, cut the chatter about calling for trade-in prices and all that nonsense. I deleted 5 posts so far...

illpleasa - To be fair I deleted donut's post from yesterday too, so let's pretend none of this ever happened ;).

Already did IO, thanks...

BTW, since I didn't post it when I got a quote over the phone yesterday, Monster Jam for the Xbox360 was $28.50 as of 9/30. Also, for those who didn't know, Monster Jam was on sale (XBOX 360) for $20 in Toys R Us this week. Not sure whether its nationwide or YMMV but it was that price in the Albany NY area... $8.00 profit might not be much to some, but to others who knows..

[quote name='DarkRider23']I can't believe it. This comes as soon as I buy the only 2 games in my area and trade them in. This would have made this game a better flip than Luxor.[/quote]

$7 for Rock and Roll Adventures (price is after 20% Coupon and 10% Edge) flipped to $16 is definately a great price.. Just wish the blockbuster nearest to me allowed me to trade in more than one copy of a game...

However, that title along with 'One Piece' ($12.59 after 20% Coupon and 10% Edge) for the Wii that 'mkernan' spoke about in his post (#3301) will make for a nice inexpensive flip for those who don't want to use to much (or don't have any) GS credit.

From $19.59 - $39.00 (20% Coupon and 10% Edge included in this estimate) for those two is a pretty good flip to me... ;-)

[quote name='io']

MSA and Wii Sports are probably for eBay. I only bought the Wii Sports because I had one last 20% off coupon and was at a GS at 8:55 PM Thursday night and they didn't have any good BB flippables. I figured I might as well use it for something :lol:.

.[/quote]

Can you really turn a profit from MSA for WII on EBAY?
I'm guessing that to be Metal Slug Anthology?

[quote name='theeipi']Can you really turn a profit from MSA for WII on EBAY?
I'm guessing that to be Metal Slug Anthology?[/QUOTE]

Ha - well, someone said that last week and I looked and it seemed that way at the time so I grabbed a few extras and didn't trade them with my other stuff to GS. But now eBay has screwed up the completed search function and I can't seem to view them in the same way. It looks like with the new fees you might just make a slight profit - better having cash than GS credit in any case. But it isn't a huge deal and it is probably easier just to take them to GS. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with mine now.

[quote name='gi60']Mine has the new 80 GB PS3 and 60 GB X360. MGS4 is long gone.[/quote]
Where are you located? I've been searching for a 80gb ps3 for a while but all the employees I ask are clueless.

[quote name='mkernan']Here are some values hot off the phone:

Game (platform) $gs price before discounts -> BB TIV

Bladestorm (PS3) $34.99 -> $36
Bladestorm 360 $34.99 -> $35
One Piece (Wii) $17.99 -> $23
Hist. Channl BftP (PS3) $24.99 -> $23
Guilty Gear (Wii) $24.99 -> $23
Tomb Raider Anniv. (Wii) $24.99 -> $20
Victorious Boxers (Wii) $24.99 -> $30
Bust a Move Bash (Wii) $17.99 -> $20

And for the lazy ones, here's the same info with 20% off coupon and Edge applied:

Bladestorm (PS3) $24.49 -> $36
Bladestorm 360 $24.49 -> $35
One Piece (Wii) $12.59 -> $23
Hist. Channl BftP (PS3) $17.49 -> $23
Guilty Gear (Wii) $17.49 -> $23
Tomb Raider Anniv. (Wii) $17.49 -> $20
Victorious Boxers (Wii) $17.49 -> $30
Bust a Move Bash (Wii) $12.59 -> $20[/quote]

Damn, that seems worth it to flip.

Decisions, decisions. If one could choose between a 40 gb for 299, or 80 gb for 399, which would be a better value? There are no hardware differences besides the harddrive and the controller difference (dual shock 3 vs six axis). Slap a laptop harddrive in the 40 gb for less than $100 and it seems like a better deal. Am I forgetting anything here. Does the 40 gb price at 299 include the bundled versions?

[quote name='nakanenui']Decisions, decisions. If one could choose between a 40 gb for 299, or 80 gb for 399, which would be a better value? There are no hardware differences besides the harddrive and the controller difference (dual shock 3 vs six axis). Slap a laptop harddrive in the 40 gb for less than $100 and it seems like a better deal. Am I forgetting anything here. Does the 40 gb price at 299 include the bundled versions?[/quote]

The 40gb isn't really $299, unless you find a used one. The new 40gb units are currently $359, and I believe the bundles are $459.

I'm taking a look at the gamestop website right now to see if they have One Piece, Victorious Boxers, or Bust a Move Bash in my area, as well as some Cabela games.

Checked, and the only one that is anywhere close to me is Bust a Move. Anybody have any other good looking flips for GS->BB? I'm hoping to move most of my $100 gift card to $200 BB credit.

EDIT- Luxor is another really good flip if you can find one. I think I might be able to get one or two tonight.

[quote name='sj41']I'm taking a look at the gamestop website right now to see if they have One Piece, Victorious Boxers, or Bust a Move Bash in my area.

Checked, and the only one that is anywhere close to me is Bust a Move. Anybody have any other good looking flips for GS->BB? I'm hoping to move most of my $100 gift card to $200 BB credit.[/quote]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03MRF5D3

Sort by profit or ratio, depending on which one matters more to you.

[quote name='elmyra']The 40gb isn't really $299, unless you find a used one. The new 40gb units are currently $359, and I believe the bundles are $459.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification Elmyra. I was severely mistaken about the price at 299. The bundle for 459 is a bunch of BS. For a difference of only $40 one can get 40 gb more, a better controller, newer technology (less power consumption?), and a system that has not been sitting on the shelf for months. On the other hand, there have been no new 80 gb systems delivered to the orange or riverside stores yet. Any inside knowledge about when GR will be getting the new 80 gb in stock in CA?

Any know how much does Octomania get @ GS. Weird thing BB restock Nights to @ least half a dozen ?? i almost cleaned them out... left 2-3 only a day has pass

[quote name='tianxia']http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03MRF5D3

Sort by profit or ratio, depending on which one matters more to you.[/quote]Thanks for the link, got a couple of 1.7-1.8 ratios for Wii games that I can go grab tonight.

I don't think Prey is valid anymore, since they dropped the used price on that, and MX vs ATV Unleased is an orginal Xbox game instead of 360, which makes me doubt that it gets as much as posted, so I'll just ignore that one.

Holy crap is that spreadsheet a mess. There's quite a lot of errors in it. Two of them that I noticed were Luxor is a $20 TIV, not $11(unless it dropped this week). MX vs ATV unleashed isn't even a game for 360. MX vs ATV untamed is though and it costs $34.99.

So I call all the blockbusters near me and I finally found a 80gb ps3. I said" Do you have the new 80gb Ps3 for sale?" I even double check and have the guy make sure theres one there for me. So I drive alllll the way (20 miles) to the blockbuster to find out they don't have any. the fucker says Oh I thought you meant the 40gb :bomb:. He then tried to tell me the 40gb is a better ps3. What an idiot. Sorry about the rant.

HEY I.O.

FRESH VALUES FOR THE OP

BBV TIV FROM TODAY 10/01/2008

SEGA SUPERSTARS TENNIS(360) - $9 (BIG DROP sucks now BAD FLIP)
BLADESTORM - $35
FATAL INERTIA - $25

WII
ALONE IN THE DARK- $30
CRANIUM KABOOKI - $16
SEA MONSTERS - $23
BUST A MOVE BASH - $20
SAMURAI WARRIORS KATANA - $30
DISNEYS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL - $26
LUXOR:pHARAOHS CHALLENGE - $20
ROCK AND ROLL ADVENTURES - $16
VICTORIOUS BOXERS - $30

PS3
WORLD SERIES POKER 2008 - $20
BLACKSITE AREA 51 - $26
HELLBOY : SCIENCE OF EVIL - $36

HAPPY FLIPPING ;)

[quote name='weguzs']Isn't the ps3 one a good trade ...[/quote]

Yup, looks like SST PS3 still gets $20 as per my phone quote just a second ago. That said, the OP has an outdated value on the 360 version showing TIV of $19 or $20 as well also making it look like a good flip too. This was of course before io updated the 2nd post which looks like it has been done now... :D

P.S. io - I forgot, Chicken Little Wii dropped to $13 couple days ago. Still positive flip after Cellfire coupon or 20% of coupon + edge but much better choices to be had.

I got Blacksite from the GS B2G1 specifically for BB. I think I'll play it first and then take it with DW Gundam (this still $32 or something?) and Force Unleashed (PS3)

I went to target today and bought the following PS3 games.....

Dragonballz Burst Limit 2x14.98
Bourne Conspiracy 2x12.48
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 1x7.48
2008 Beijing Olympics 1x12.98

Total cost.....$75.38

Traded games to blockbuster for $184.50 in trade credit.

[quote name='rmack44077']I went to target today and bought the following PS3 games.....

Total cost.....$75.38

Traded games to blockbuster for $184.50 in trade credit.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me if it's already been posted, but what did Burst Limit get? Was it the PS3 version?

[quote name='rmack44077']I went to target today and bought the following PS3 games.....

Total cost.....$75.38

Traded games to blockbuster for $184.50 in trade credit.[/quote]

Care to tell us the TIVs, or do you want us to just guess? ;)

[quote name='whoknows']Forgive me if it's already been posted, but what did Burst Limit get? Was it the PS3 version?[/quote]

I think it gets $30 for ps3

bread's done
Back