The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='Lethal04']I think it gets $30 for ps3[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll have to go grab it from Target if they still have any.

Thanks

Oh yeah.. forgot to post yesterdays (09/30) BBV TIV values:

PS3

HAIL TO THE CHIMP - $23

WII
BALLS OF FURY - $13
SEA MONSTERS - $23
MONSTER JAM - $30
CABELLAS BIG GAME HUNTER - $20
WILD EARTH : AFRICAN SAFARI - $23
CHICKEN LITTLE ACE IN ACTION - $13

HELLBOY - $35

BEEN TOO BUSY FLIPPING AND FORGOT TO POST THOSE LAST NIGHT ;)

BBV TIV 10/1/08

PS3

Dragonballz Burst Limit $30.00
Bourne Conspiracy $33.00
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 $28.50
2008 Beijing Olympics $30.00

[quote name='DarkRider23']Holy crap is that spreadsheet a mess. There's quite a lot of errors in it. Two of them that I noticed were Luxor is a $20 TIV, not $11(unless it dropped this week). MX vs ATV unleashed isn't even a game for 360. MX vs ATV untamed is though and it costs $34.99.[/quote]

Thanks, mostly fixed now. I have no idea how MX vs. ATV Unleashed got in there, took it out. Also fixed Luxor, it probably got corrupted by the cell above it somehow.

I also noticed that I typo'd Cranium Kabookii for whatever reason, so I re-updated it. Other than that, everything else looks accurate, although some may be out of date.

If you see anything else screwy in there, let me know so I can fix it.

Just came from Gamestop and Blockbuster... Here are the following flips I made (Note: I will be showing GS---> BBV, also GS values shown are after 20% Coupon plus the 10% Edge Discount... the number in the () shows the profit...)

Rock and Roll Adventures (Wii): $6.99 - $16 ($9)
One Piece (Wii): $12.59 - $23 ($10.40)
Samurai Warriors Katana (Wii): $17.49 - $30 ($12.50)
Bust A Move Bash (Wii): $12.59 - $20 ($7.40)
Victorious Boxers Revolution (Wii): $17.49 - $30 ($12.50)
Sea Monsters (Wii): $13.99 - $23 ($9)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Sea Monsters ($14->$23), Bust a Move ($12.60->$20), and Wild Earth ($12.60->$23) tonight for $42.40 after discounts and tax using my gift card, and that is supposed to transfer into $66 at BB, which I'll find out tomorrow for sure. Not the greatest, bought I haven't gone to the GS that should have Luxor and a couple other good games yet.

[quote name='rmack44077']BBV TIV 10/1/08

PS3

Dragonballz Burst Limit $30.00
Bourne Conspiracy $33.00
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 $28.50
2008 Beijing Olympics $30.00[/quote]

Thanks a bunch rmack. I might just have to go check out Target for DBZ and Bourne.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Thanks a bunch rmack. I might just have to go check out Target for DBZ and Bourne.[/quote]

Those Target prices are YMMV.. meaning it won't necessarily be those prices in all areas. None of those titles have reached my area for those prices, but hopefully you will have more luck...

[quote name='sj41']I don't think Prey is valid anymore, since they dropped the used price on that,[/quote]

Checked Prey yesterday as well in gamestop, tried to get the 2 trade ins with $10 extra that they have going onbut they only do that for games over $1 in value and Prey is only $1 lol... Don't know about the validity (or even the actual value for that matter) of Prey for BBV.....

We need to be more specific with Victorious Boxer as there are 2 games; Revolution and Evolution.

I traded in SST (360) today and got $15.00 not $9.00. I'm still doing pretty good despite the fact that I got denied at BB today on three excuse me four seperate locations. One said they no longer took trades (BS), another said he simply would not take them because he didn't want to and the last wouldn't do it because my Driver License number did not match what they had on file. That guy was being a grade A dick.

I also finally got a PS3 camera with EOJ today, usually they try to make me buy the camera seperate but the guy at GS was being extra nice. On that topic how do you find out the value of the deck of cards that comes with the game?

[quote name='millerjm2']
I also finally got a PS3 camera with EOJ today, usually they try to make me buy the camera seperate but the guy at GS was being extra nice. On that topic how do you find out the value of the deck of cards that comes with the game?[/quote]

Scratch this. It doesn't work. I would also like to know which cards are worth some good money. I'll be picking up an EoJ soon.

I just beat Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (360) Good game by the way, Multiplayer sucks though

I traded it into BlockBuster today (10/1/08)

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway (360) $36 TIV

gamestop quoted me $20 for it.........

[quote name='millerjm2']We need to be more specific with Victorious Boxer as there are 2 games; Revolution and Evolution.[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the only Victorious Boxers that was released on the Wii was Victorious Boxers Revolution, hence why I didn't mention the 'Revolution' part. However I updated my post to distinquish the specific title...

Hope this helps.. ;-)

[quote name='millerjm2']About those EOJ cards; I went http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=eyeofjudgment&message.id=29630 to look at values. I'm not too sure if this is a definitive price guide but I'd wager a guess that it's pretty amateur. Alas I did not get any super rare cards when I picked up the set today.[/quote]

Thanks man. I've been looking for something like this. At least it's a rough estimate to see if the cards are worth putting on ebay. I regret throwing out the last deck I got... I never knew that the cards were worth money.

[quote name='millerjm2']We need to be more specific with Victorious Boxer as there are 2 games; Revolution and Evolution.[/quote]

You sure about that? There's only one for Wii, and that's Revolution, which I was giving a quote for earlier.

[quote name='illpleasa']Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the only Victorious Boxers that was released on the Wii was Victorious Boxers Revolution, hence why I didn't mention the 'Revolution' part. However I updated my post to distinquish the specific title...

Hope this helps.. ;-)[/quote]

I swear to Christ I saw another version of this game today but apparently GS website has only Revolution listed. I guess that would be my mistake but now I feel as if I must go pick up the game just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It is never a good sign when you start questioning reality.

I saw two separate covers; the one with the boxing gloves and one that looks like this;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/53/Victorious_Boxers_-_Revolution_Coverart.jpg

I guess the game has two different inserts.

[quote name='millerjm2']I swear to Christ I saw another version of this game today but apparently GS website has only Revolution listed. I guess that would be my mistake but now I feel as if I must go pick up the game just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It is never a good sign when you start questioning reality.

I saw two separate covers; the one with the boxing gloves and one that looks like this;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/53/Victorious_Boxers_-_Revolution_Coverart.jpg

I guess the game has two different inserts.[/quote]

that's very clearly not the north american version. If you saw that in the store, some GS chump took a trade in of an import version.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Thanks man. I've been looking for something like this. At least it's a rough estimate to see if the cards are worth putting on ebay. I regret throwing out the last deck I got... I never knew that the cards were worth money.[/quote]

Me too, when I got my first EoJ to flip... the deck I got with it had Sciondar Fire God and a white cubit... and one other decent seller... I had no idea the cards were even worth keeping until I had already traded them with the game :/

[quote name='millerjm2']I traded in SST (360) today and got $15.00 not $9.00. [/quote]

Hmmm.. I just called my closest/favorite BBV

(where they have no problem giving me phone quotes and which also was the ONLY store who would take my Victorious Boxers trade-ins since they had to manually look up the part number/sku number and were actually willing to do that no problem)

They did indeed quote $15 for SST 360 over the phone.

SORRY io, please update 2nd post accordingly.

This pisses me off because I was flipping at a different BBV far away from me and the person(new of course) quoted me only $9 for it !!

SO I said no thanks and took it back to Gamestop for a refund !

Still after Tax for me if would be only a $1.40 profit even after using a 20% off coupon stacked with EDGE which is WEAK ANYWAYS !

Oh well.. Idiot new BBV employee who had never done a trade before strikes again..

Geessshhhh....

[quote name='millerjm2']About those EOJ cards; I went http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=eyeofjudgment&message.id=29630 to look at values. I'm not too sure if this is a definitive price guide but I'd wager a guess that it's pretty amateur. Alas I did not get any super rare cards when I picked up the set today.[/quote]

Do the Starter Decks have different Cards? I have 5 starter Decks, but haven't studied them. I assumed all starter decks were exactly the same.

[quote name='Xfactor4']
They did indeed quote $15 for SST 360 over the phone.

SORRY io, please update 2nd post accordingly.[/QUOTE]

OK, changed it. I also updated the "good thru" date for Viking for the PS3 as it held at $20 today.

So I ran out to a distant shopping area because of 3 things: a GS that had Rock & Roll Adventures in stock (none of the other good ones are available at all near me like One Piece or Luxor), a Target that used to be good for clearance stuff, and a Blockbuster where I'm set up with my secondary account so trades won't count against any potential $10,000 limit on my main account.

Well, the Target was a complete bust. But, I found the foursome of flipping goodness at Blockbuster (Spyro, Nights, FEAR Files, Timeshift) and thus promptly turned $39.96 of BB credit into $48.60 at GS. Then I purchased R&R Adventures and took a chance on Viking (could have gotten Bust-A-Move but I already traded one at that BB) for $19.58 total. As my son was playing GH I looked around and much to my surprise saw a used Disgaea DS on the shelf. I asked if I could use the coupon again since it should work on 3 games and they said sure, so I picked that up for $17.49. I wasn't really planning on getting it since I have 2 PS2 versions and the PSP one also - but that cheap for what was a stunningly mint copy I couldn't resist. Then me and my son ate dinner then headed back to the Blockbuster where I informed them I forgot to bring these in earlier ;), and got $36 for the 2 games. So, all told, I ended up down $4 in BB credit and up $11.50 in GS credit with a shiny mint copy of Disgaea to boot. Not bad at all for a short side trip while taking my son out to dinner.

I had a bit of a heartstopping moment at GS when the guy scanned my Edge card then asked for my number. He kept fiddling with the computer and saying "that's strange" and asking me for my number 2 or 3 times. Then he said "hold on a minute" and went in the back. At this point I'm thinking "oh crap, I've been banned at GS". But then he just said the customer account server was down and he just had to reenter all my address info. Whew...

[quote name='io']
But then he just said the customer account server was down and he just had to reenter all my address info. Whew...[/quote]

That has happened to me like 4 times and twice at blockbuster.... and the sad thing is... every time they correct my address... the very next time it is wrong again. I finally just gave up and started just okay'ing the address they have in there (from some town in a neighboring state). I dont even know how that keeps happening, either.

[quote name='millerjm2']I swear to Christ I saw another version of this game today but apparently GS website has only Revolution listed. I guess that would be my mistake but now I feel as if I must go pick up the game just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It is never a good sign when you start questioning reality.

I guess the game has two different inserts.[/quote]

[quote name='mkernan']that's very clearly not the north american version. If you saw that in the store, some GS chump took a trade in of an import version.[/quote]

The cover art for the US version is reversible. On the other side is the Japanese art with English text. That's probably what miller saw.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2007/08/vbr-boxart-2-nwf.jpg

Traded today:

Ace Combat 6 - Fires of Liberation (360): $28.50

If it's of any interest to anyone, when I was at Gamestop picking up my Silent Hill pre-order I overheard a quote of $11 for Gears of War (pre-Edge card, apparently.)

traded in just the game Eye of Judgement for $30 and Kabookii for $16.

Got two copies of Army of Two for PS3 for myself and a friend.

So I got eye, map, stand, and cards for basically $7

Can anyone confirm the price drop at BBV on skate (360)? I read a post earlier about skate for $15, was unable to tell if it was TIV or a price drop for purchase? I've been wanting this game.

If anyone lives in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area and has been unsure whether or not to start trading in at BB let me go ahead and say you are missing out. I'm only down here a little longer but can only say the amount of stuff down here is overwhelming. There must be at least 50 different stores within a 40 mile radius. I'm having trouble remembering where i have gone and with whom I have a trade account. It is, dare I say, too much. I would just hate to see all this opportunity go to waste.

Updates (sorry if redundant):

:360: Bladestorm $35
:360: Hellboy $35
:wii: Sea Monsters $23

Also, traded in :wii: Avatar and only got $8.30 after bonuses at GS , methinks its a loser now for flipping purposes.

[quote name='sallyballs']Updates (sorry if redundant):

Also, traded in :wii: Avatar and only got $8.30 after bonuses at GS , methinks its a loser now for flipping purposes.[/quote]

Methinks you picked up the wrong avatar for wii :( There are two.

[quote name='sallyballs']Updates (sorry if redundant):

Also, traded in :wii: Avatar and only got $8.30 after bonuses at GS , methinks its a loser now for flipping purposes.[/quote]

Burning Earth gets you $10.50.The last air bender gets you $8.30.

Ban story and TIV updates:

So I go down to the Blockbuster next town over to unload my second copy of 2008 Beijing Olympics and pick up some of their flips (the BBV in my area is pretty much cleaned out). When I get there, the guy tries to scan my trade and tells me that I've been banned, and to wait for the store manager to come in tomorrow. I try talking him through it but it doesn't really seem like he can do anything, so I just give up and make a note to call the manager and complain.

I figure since I'm there anyway, I'll go check out some flips. I've gotten Meet the Robinsons (Wii), Fear Files (360), Timeshiftx2 (360), and Spyro (Wii) and built up a pretty ridiculous looking stack of games on the floor. The same guy comes over and tells me that, sorry, the manager just came in and he lifted my ban, and I can trade my copy of 2008 Beijing Olympics. Never mind that I'm sitting next to a stack of games a foot high, looking at a print-out list and comparing prices, and in the process of trying to talk him into overriding it earlier had mentioned that I "buy the games on sale and trade them in," I'm clear to go at all BBVs again. Apparently, the ban is only people doing "suspicious trading," which I apparently do not qualify under.

And now TIV updates:

BBV > GS (base):
Meet the Robinsons (Wii): $9.99 > $5
Timeshift (360): $9.99 > $6
Fear Files (360): $9.99 > $7
Spyro (Wii): $9.99 > 6

Also, has anyone ever tried flipping DVDs or the like? I know GS usually has a big pile of crappy DVDs B1G2 free at my local store.

[quote name='tianxia']
Also, has anyone ever tried flipping DVDs or the like? I know GS usually has a big pile of crappy DVDs B1G2 free at my local store.[/quote]

DVD only gets $1 - $3.. so not worth it

[quote name='DarkRider23']Burning Earth gets you $10.50.The last air bender gets you $8.30.[/QUOTE]

!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!! Yer right.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Well, time to go punch myself in the face.

[quote name='tianxia']Ban story and TIV updates:

I figure since I'm there anyway, I'll go check out some flips. I've gotten Meet the Robinsons (Wii), Fear Files (360), Timeshiftx2 (360), and Spyro (Wii) and built up a pretty ridiculous looking stack of games on the floor. The same guy comes over and tells me that, sorry, the manager just came in and he lifted my ban, and I can trade my copy of 2008 Beijing Olympics. Never mind that I'm sitting next to a stack of games a foot high, looking at a print-out list and comparing prices, and in the process of trying to talk him into overriding it earlier had mentioned that I "buy the games on sale and trade them in," I'm clear to go at all BBVs again. Apparently, the ban is only people doing "suspicious trading," which I apparently do not qualify under.
[/quote]

You were sitting on the floor at BBV and looking at a list of trade-in prices? That seems strange. I try to keep more of a low profile and not bring too much attention to the fact that I flip games.

[quote name='tianxia']

Also, has anyone ever tried flipping DVDs or the like? I know GS usually has a big pile of crappy DVDs B1G2 free at my local store.[/quote]

DVDs are usually worth $0.50-$2.50.

Is there a limit as to how much credit you can receive from Blockbuster in one visit? I was thinking of trading in six games tonight, which I figure should get me $150 according to tivs.

[quote name='ultramanJ']Is there a limit as to how much credit you can receive from Blockbuster in one visit? I was thinking of trading in six games tonight, which I figure should get me $150 according to tivs.[/quote]

Trade away my friend. The only limits are the value cards. I think they cap out at $500. I rarely go into BBV unless I have 4+ games or I'm buying games.

My trades today at BBV...

WII

BUST A MOVE BASH - $20
BALLS OF FURY - $13
TARGET TERROR - $23
CHICKEN LITTLE ACE - $13
SEA MONSTERS - $23
DISNEYS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL - $26

PS3

HELLBOY - $36
VIKING - $20
WORLD SERIES POKER 2008 - $20

[quote name='jcp42877']does anyone know about how much i could get for these at my local BB?

The Darkness
Marvel/Forza
Skate
Madden '08

thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes.

Someone came and traded in thier whole xbox 360 collection and got 900 dollars...so i doubt there is a limit! Trade away!

Kinda makes me wonder what "suspicous trading falls under."

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Coupon at GameStop this coming week will be 20% off 360/Wii/PS3[/quote]

so the same as the past 2 weeks??

[quote name='Lethal04']so the same as the past 2 weeks??[/quote]

Technically not the same because this one doesn't give 20% off accessories.

I guess I'm going to have a fantastic week of flipping. I didn't flip at all this week so this week I'm going all out.

anyone ever tried to join the "game with fame" nights that are done on xbox live..

im curious as to how it works.. it says to send a friend request to the gamertag but on my list it doesnt show up as pending as it normally does when i send a request to anybody

[quote name='gi60']DVD only gets $1 - $3.. so not worth it[/quote]

Many GS have already stopped accepting dvds, so its YMMV if you can still find one that does.

[quote name='Link927']Many GS have already stopped accepting dvds, so its YMMV if you can still find one that does.[/quote]

While Gamestop doesn't accept them for trade anymore, Blockbuster does. But you won't turn a profit flipping from GS to BBV.

Today,
BBV
Wii Cabela's Big Game Hunter $20
Wii Sea Monsters $23
Wii Bust A Move Bash $20

GS (with EDGE + Promo)
Wii Avatar Burning Earth $10.50
Wii Nights $12.70
Wii Sega Rally Revo $10.50

bread's done
Back