The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Get the Elite its black it may or may not be a falcon. I have two Elites IMO they are better ... I like the color the most lol Does your Ivory 360 have HDMI? If not definitly keep the elite

Good news. Soon, you guys will have a new Blockbuster employee who can tell you information :). Walked into the Blockbuster 2 blocks away from my house to buy games and the manager saw me. I know more about him than I do most of my friends. We're always talking when we're in the store. He asked me when I'm going to be working for him because I'm in the store more than the employees are. I then told him I applied 2 weeks ago and voila. I now have an interview on Wednesday ;). 'Bout time I get a job too.

One other question. Local BBV has an 80GB PS3 in stock. Are all 80GB PS3s backwards compatible? Also got a pre-order on Gears 2 and Fable 2. Made the manager happy and I was going to get those games either way.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Get the Elite its black it may or may not be a falcon. I have two Elites IMO they are better ... I like the color the most lol Does your Ivory 360 have HDMI? If not definitly keep the elite[/quote]

yes it does have hdmi

[quote name='DarkRider23']Good news. Soon, you guys will have a new Blockbuster employee who can tell you information :). Walked into the Blockbuster 2 blocks away from my house to buy games and the manager saw me. I know more about him than I do most of my friends. We're always talking when we're in the store. He asked me when I'm going to be working for him because I'm in the store more than the employees are. I then told him I applied 2 weeks ago and voila. I now have an interview on Wednesday ;). 'Bout time I get a job too.

One other question. Local BBV has an 80GB PS3 in stock. Are all 80GB PS3s backwards compatible? Also got a pre-order on Gears 2 and Fable 2. Made the manager happy and I was going to get those games either way.[/quote]

lucky...i need to get a job as well..damn economy...

[quote name='DarkRider23']
One other question. Local BBV has an 80GB PS3 in stock. Are all 80GB PS3s backwards compatible? Also got a pre-order on Gears 2 and Fable 2. Made the manager happy and I was going to get those games either way.[/quote]

not all 80gb are bc. only the mgs bundles are. the new 80gb ps3 are not bc (it's the (mostly the) same was the 40gb but bigger hd and dualshock)

[quote name='DarkRider23']Good news. Soon, you guys will have a new Blockbuster employee who can tell you information :). Walked into the Blockbuster 2 blocks away from my house to buy games and the manager saw me. I know more about him than I do most of my friends. We're always talking when we're in the store. He asked me when I'm going to be working for him because I'm in the store more than the employees are. I then told him I applied 2 weeks ago and voila. I now have an interview on Wednesday ;). 'Bout time I get a job too.

Congrats. That's almost the exact story on how I got my job here. Now I run the damn place :D. As for the 80gb... it's only backwards compatible if it's the MGS4 bundle.

[quote name='animemaniac14']lucky...i need to get a job as well..damn economy...[/quote]

Soon as I get rid of the 2 numbnuts in my store, I'll interview you. ;) My other spot is already spoken for.

Sitting here at work; after last weeks major success, i'm ready to shed a tear that no viable trades have been posted. :) :(

Wouldn't they be teh same as last week's?
I dont see any major drops in TIV and the coupon is basically the same.

[quote name='Warner1281']Congrats. That's almost the exact story on how I got my job here. Now I run the damn place :D. As for the 80gb... it's only backwards compatible if it's the MGS4 bundle.

Soon as I get rid of the 2 numbnuts in my store, I'll interview you. ;) My other spot is already spoken for.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed my previous stint working at a GR. Only gripe I had was that I was getting paid min wage and my manager was a troll. Seriously, she looked and acted just like a troll. That and the whole not getting hours because of health care costs. But yeah, working in an area with college aged and cougar aged women who flirt every time they come in has its perks; yeah that and free rentals.

iO/Guys, for flipping purposes, Avatar burning earth for wii just got me $3. With edge and the 5 bucks it only came to $8.30 - No refurb fees. Spyro still gets 11.60. Fear Files - 12.70 and Time shift 11.60 (with bonus and edge).

[quote name='DrNo888']Wouldn't they be teh same as last week's?
I dont see any major drops in TIV and the coupon is basically the same.[/QUOTE]

welllll. not if every store in your area is cleaned out of last weeks games. hahahaha

Sorry guys, but I have another question. When I was at GS on Wed. they had a copy of :wii: Alien Syndrome for $17.99 with a 50% OFF sticker on it. Would I also be able to use the 20% off coupon + EDGE with that?

I wanted to find out exactly what it would cost me before I started calling BBV's to see if it was a viable flip. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I bought a new 60 gb 360 and am selling my old 20 gig refurb. Will I be able to re-download all the content I have purchased through live without a problem on the new 360?: ie: COD and Halo 3 map packs, arcade games, GHIII and Rock Band Songs?

[quote name='daminion']went to blockbuster last night and they had removed all of the new games that were on clearance. the rack was completely empty. asked where they had gone and they didn't know, said it had been done before their shift started.[/quote]
I noticed the on the shelf stock of both new and used games had changed in the last day or so at several of the BBs in my area.

After talking with a manager they mentioned that games over a certain value will not be placed on shelves any more with their discs and manuals. New games will be hidden away, and used discs will be stored in a secure location (like Gamestop). I guess thievery was getting to be too much of a problem...

[quote name='Hair6a11']welllll. not if every store in your area is cleaned out of last weeks games. hahahaha[/quote]

Same here man. I'm not completely out of games, but most of the games that the GS stores around here have, I've traded too many of. I'm sticking to one copy of each game per store and I've traded at least one copy of all the common games to almost all the stores around here.

you can redownload with no problem...But if you want to use that content while your console is not connected to Live, you need to do what fart_bubble said.

damn... I had a bitch of a time trying to unload a few games today. Bought Victorious Boxers, AitD Wii, and Bladestorm 360. Took to one BB.... only took VB, said they other two were too scratched (they weren't horrible, but a little mucked up). Second BB wouldn't take AitD with no cover art (I intentionally removed it because it was the soundtrack version), but they took Bladestorm. Then third BB took AitD after I put the cover back in and they manually looked it up. Just a big hassle today.

Anybody pre-ordered PS3 Bioshock at BB yet? I tried today and they couldn't find it, which is odd, considering they'd written it on their upcoming release white board. I beat and traded away the 360 version, but I guess I'm becoming a bit of a trophy whore (and its a damn good game). Went ahead and paid off Animal Crossing for Wii instead.

[quote name='mkernan']damn... I had a bitch of a time trying to unload a few games today. Bought Victorious Boxers, AitD Wii, and Bladestorm 360. Took to one BB.... only took VB, said they other two were too scratched (they weren't horrible, but a little mucked up). Second BB wouldn't take AitD with no cover art (I intentionally removed it because it was the soundtrack version), but they took Bladestorm. Then third BB took AitD after I put the cover back in and they manually looked it up. Just a big hassle today.[/quote]

The way I tried to "help" along the soundtrack edition issue was to take the cover art and put a drop of water on the barcode, then rub the upc so it will no longer scan. That way cover art is still there, they just can't scan it. Worked out pretty well too, no questions asked.

[quote name='Nikadimas']The way I tried to "help" along the soundtrack edition issue was to take the cover art and put a drop of water on the barcode, then rub the upc so it will no longer scan. That way cover art is still there, they just can't scan it. Worked out pretty well too, no questions asked.[/quote]

LOL. Crafty. I didn't even give it a second thought, because the first store I went to had never given me a problem (and lack of cover art wasn't what they took exception to), the second store I already knew didn't accept trades without cover art but every visit is different depending on employee dealt with, and the third was the closest to my house where they love me and never give me a problem. Just more stops than I had planned.... very long "lunch break". Oh, not to mention, the third store where they finally took it.... I had already traded other stuff there an hour earlier, so I had to come back to "trade in this last one I forgot I had with me earlier".

Just traded in
Grid (360) - $32 ( thought it was 35 o well )
Bourne Conspiracy (ps3) - $33
Dragonball Z: Burst Limit (ps3) - $30

and bought myself a $50 psn card

[quote name='whymustiregister']Bah, that number is for BB Online. Correct number is 800-406-6843, option 4. Spoke with a nice lady who confirmed there's a "block" on my account and that I have gone over the max dollar amount set by corporate. She said to expect a call back within a few business days. I do have a reference number in case they don't call. Another week I have to sit out on the flips. I'm going through withdrawals! :wall:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cdeener']Like I've stated several times before just have a friend or family member start up a trade account then have them trade for you. Also, did they specify how much credit you had to have to go over the limit because I've heard several different numbers?[/QUOTE]

Well, I've only ever heard one number: $10,000. But the question remains, is that over the lifetime of the account or over some period that they check? whymustiregister, if you ever get a chance to talk to that person again please ask what the limit is and over what time period. Act surprised that you are anywhere near that ;).

[quote name='mkernan']Just called my local store, confirmed that Ninja Gaiden 2's base GS TIV is $20. So yeah, awesome.

Also, Skate 360 hasn't changed from yesterday and is still base TIV of $12 at GS.[/QUOTE]

Man, I forgot to check for Skate when I was at that other store last night. As for NG II, I'm pretty sure I saw it used for $24.99 (also at that store). So that would obviously be a better choice than new. Still, though, I'd rather stick to FEAR Files/Timeshift/Spyro/Nights. Even with NGII used you only make $2 off of it (assuming no sales tax!).

Also, whymustiregister reported Boom Blox at $25 base in the GS thread. Is it really this high? If so, that's a better one that NG II. I saw Boom Blox used at BBV last night but it was tagged $44.99. I'll have to see if the used price on that dropped like it did new - but that wasn't on the price change sheet I saw at my local store on Sunday so maybe it hasn't caught up yet.

[quote name='bgame2']iO/Guys, for flipping purposes, Avatar burning earth for wii just got me $3. With edge and the 5 bucks it only came to $8.30 - No refurb fees. Spyro still gets 11.60. Fear Files - 12.70 and Time shift 11.60 (with bonus and edge).[/QUOTE]

Are you 100% sure that they traded it in as Burning Earth and not Last Airbender at Gamestop? Sometimes they look things up when bar codes don't scan and they could have easily made that mistake. If your GS receipt clearly says Burning Earth then I'll change it in the second post.

Last edited by a moderator:
My GS/BBV trades(flips) today :

Wii

Bust A Move Bash! - 20
Cranium Kabooki - 16
Alone in the Dark(soundtrack edition so had to manual lookup) - $30
Sea Monsters - 23
Chicken Little: Ace - 13

Cabela's Trophy Bucks 19

[quote name='bgame2']iO/Guys, for flipping purposes, Avatar burning earth for wii just got me $3. With edge and the 5 bucks it only came to $8.30 - No refurb fees. Spyro still gets 11.60. Fear Files - 12.70 and Time shift 11.60 (with bonus and edge).[/quote]

No, io is correct in his earlier theory since that also happened with me too. The store associate entered (manual) look-up of my Fear Files Expansion and only gave me $3.00 because he put in in as FEAR. I went back and fixed it though..

Anyways, just to set the record straight, I called my buddy at my local GS and he said Burning Earth still trades at $5 today BASE TIV. I was glad 'cuz I still have 4 or 5 copies to trade in ! LOL.. :lol:

Jesus H Christ!

I just found one store with like 10 copies of Timeshift and 6 copies of FEAR Files. Also saw Skate. I'll have to get some more BBV credit and come back to get those.

Have these to trade in to GS still:

Red Steel x2
Nights x2
Spyro x2
Timeshift
FEAR Files
MSA
Golden Compass

I haven't been in this thread (the old one actually) since July. Reading up on the recent flips (and the fact that I actually have some money for once that isn't necessary for food or gas) is making me want to get back into it. I mainly want to save up for LBP and possibly Rock Band 2 SE (ps3).

[quote name='io']
Also, whymustiregister reported Boom Blox at $25 base in the GS thread. Is it really this high? If so, that's a better one that NG II. I saw Boom Blox used at BBV last night but it was tagged $44.99. I'll have to see if the used price on that dropped like it did new - but that wasn't on the price change sheet I saw at my local store on Sunday so maybe it hasn't caught up yet.
[/quote]

Called BBV and yes, Boom Blox is in fact $25 base at GS. I'll snatch up the new ones they have left at the local Blockbuster and trade it in tomorrow. Was also going to flip NGII, but they only had one copy left and I figured I'd just keep it for myself.

I have not been able to log on to Live since Tuesday night because I keep failing the MTU test.

Microsoft tech support is ZERO help. Anyone know a way to fix this, or when it will be fixed?

Any help is appreciated at this point.

[quote name='DrNo888']Jesus H Christ!

I just found one store with like 10 copies of Timeshift and 6 copies of FEAR Files. Also saw Skate. I'll have to get some more BBV credit and come back to get those.
[/quote]

Quick, go buy them! I'm almost completely out of games over here. I just bought my 3rd pair of FEAR Files and Timeshift. I have one FEAR files left and 1 timeshift left at the only Blockbuster around here that has them. I'm either going to have to start going to new Blockbusters or wait a long time for the used games to get replenished.

Just a heads up, if your 360 has been "freezing" only when trying to sign into Live - delete the PES demo/any demos you recently downloaded. I had to recover my gamertag and then delete the demo as well other stuff to clear this problem. You'll notice when your ethernet is unplugged or your not connected to Live you won't have this problem. Hopefully MS is aware of the demo issue/other things that are causing this issue and they'll either pull the demo or issue some sort of "patch" in the future.

http://forums.xbox.com/23065965/ShowPost.aspx

[quote name='DarkRider23']Quick, go buy them! I'm almost completely out of games over here. I just bought my 3rd pair of FEAR Files and Timeshift. I have one FEAR files left and 1 timeshift left at the only Blockbuster around here that has them. I'm either going to have to start going to new Blockbusters or wait a long time for the used games to get replenished.[/quote]

The store closest to me has three Spyros, but not much else, so I'm trying to get some new flips and use the Spyros at the closest store once per flip (there's only one Gamestop in my area, so everything goes there. Either they don't care or they're really stupid). It looks like people have been discovering new flips, though (NGII and Boom Blox are looking good right now) so it's not like you necessarily have to wait for them to restock.

Too bad not enough people really trade into Blockbuster. As far as I can tell, most of their used game inventory consists of flips (my local BBV has, like, a shelf full of WSOPs) or the rentals they're trying to get rid of. Interestingly, I haven't seen a single Nights, ever.

Stopped by blockbuster today and signed up for a month game pass for one game or blu ray out at a time. Noticed they had an ass ton of the movie posters. Picked up the only good one I saw which was an Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie poster for 10 bucks. I was in a bad mood because they didn't get any copies of silent hill in and they were out of iron man. Rented batman begins because I felt like it. Looking forward to flipping a few games to bb. I can't flip back to gs though because I really need to keep the credit at bb. Gotta pay off the reservations and then worry about the rest.

[quote name='Xfactor4']No, io is correct in his earlier theory since that also happened with me too. The store associate entered (manual) look-up of my Fear Files Expansion and only gave me $3.00 because he put in in as FEAR. I went back and fixed it though..

Anyways, just to set the record straight, I called my buddy at my local GS and he said Burning Earth still trades at $5 today BASE TIV. I was glad 'cuz I still have 4 or 5 copies to trade in ! LOL.. :lol:[/quote]

You're Kidding me! That chick is also the only person who ever charged me a refurb fee. Now she cost me another 2 bucks?!!!

I took the following into BBV today:

:wii:
Bust a Move Bash - $20
Cranium Kabookie - $16
Rock and Roll Adv - $16

and with that credit got the following:
:wii: Metal Slug Anthology
:wii: Spyro
:360: Spiderman FOF
:360: TimeShift

I plan on taking these to GS tomorrow.

and I know that BBV are sticklers about taking in multiples, but how picky are Gamestops? My BBV had lots of TimeShifts, but I only have 2 Gamestops anywhere near me.

[quote name='Muffin_Man']I took the following into BBV today:

:wii:
Bust a Move Bash - $20
Cranium Kabookie - $16
Rock and Roll Adv - $16

and with that credit got the following:
:wii: Metal Slug Anthology
:wii: Spyro
:360: Spiderman FOF
:360: TimeShift

I plan on taking these to GS tomorrow.

and I know that BBV are sticklers about taking in multiples, but how picky are Gamestops? My BBV had lots of TimeShifts, but I only have 2 Gamestops anywhere near me.[/quote]

As far as multiples, BBV will allow up to 2 copies per game per day per store. If the associate gives you trouble, tell them to call their manager. It is 2 copies per title per store. That is THEIR own rules.

Gamestop on the other hand is QUITE STRICT about 1 per copy per store per day. I used to have cool associates that would allow multiples but corporate put the smack down on that.

Thats how I just rolled $200 of my own money/initial cash upfront investment into >$1200 GS credit flipping back and forth between 10 BBV and 10 Gamestops :D this past week.

Time involved driving & instores - 5 days of 4 hours per day.

Time peeling BBV/GS stickers in my car ? Priceless. lol..

I'm LUCKY enough to live in a Metro Area where these stores are all less than 15-20 miles apart with many only minutes apart.

That said, I have flipped so many Spiderman FOF, Fear Files, and Timeshift that I don't care to see another one ! HAHA.. Also, all my local Gamestop stores AND Blockbusters are now pretty much picked CLEAN of flippable stuff (except for a few more Spiderman FOF and Timeshifts)

Few more of my Trades today GS->BBV

X360

Fatal Inertia - 25

Wii
Disney's High School Musical - 26
Cranium Kabooki - 16

Have you ever traded in 2 copies of the same game to a store xfactor? I know that they allow 2 copies per store per day, but I just don't want to get banned from any store.

I think I'm going to just buy a lot of games tomorrow and then trade them in to various stores on sunday. Maybe I can make a big run.

Edit - Quick question. Does anyone have a site that allows you to input multiple addresses and then it determines the best loop/shortest way you can hit all of those places? I know there's a website for this. I use to use it, but I can't remember it for the life o fme.

There's 8 GS within a 5 mile radius of my house and about 6 BBVs. In 4 hours, I could make a pretty big run. And since I don't have school on Mondays, it's a good day to do it.

Most of the games run natively at 720P. The 360 uses a scaler to output different resolutions. So regardless it will run at 720P and not take a performance hit.

Ive played games at 480i, 480P, and 1080i and the only difference is the how good it looks depending on the resolution. The highest being the best.

Select the highest native resolution your tv supports and the xbox will do everyting for you.

Hope this helps.

I've traded 2 copies to one store on the same day very rarely. If the CSR says anything about it, I didn't argue, just went on down the road. I only did it when I had a TON of one particular game...like during the 25% 360 used coupon at GS, and the only thing I was finding was Dark Sector...I'd buy a couple of those at each GS, and then trade a couple of each to each BB. If you are buddied up with a GS manager, many will let you do doubles, depending on what it is....I mentioned earlier that GS managers have a bonus that is dependent on amount of trades bought, so if they are short that day or week, they will be hungry for trades. I had one manger locally who had a $3 total trade in day...so that next week he begged me to bring him whatever I could find, as many copies, whenever I could. I had another store this week take 3 copies of Timeshift in one visit(different transactions) . I bought in 10 different games, they needed some used stock, and asked if I had more. I told him I had 6 more in the car, but they were doubles and 1 triple. He said go get it, I need it. I never bring in doubles, but if the manager mentions something about needing games, I'll mention what I have and see if they want it. I have 2 managers here who are cool with what I do, so I always bring them my good finds (Zelda and Mario GC games, etc). In return, they let me know about upcoming promos and do favours for me. They give me preorder bonuses when I order the game instead of when I pick up(the stores typically have 1 or 2 of the bonuses), they hold items for me (they even hold Wiis when I'm looking for one), and they even let me know what corporate and other managers are saying about me, and even defend me when my heavy coupon use comes up during their confernce calls.

I've been really busy this week, haven't flipped anything. I still haven't gotten the BB letter. I have $625 in games that need to go to BB. I spent credit on a new Wii for my nieces and nephew, and got them 8 games, 3 extra controllers, 2 mics, and 1 nunchuk during the B2G1(basically all my profits went to their birthday, so I didn't make any money but didn't lose any credit really either)

I guess I'll call in again and try to get someone to talk to me about my account.

OH, and my little trick for UPCs that don't come up--when I was flipping Warhawks, the UPC isn't even there, it says "not for resale", which made it hard to get it past most BB employees here..I just started cutting that box out, and told the CSR that it had to be removed for a rebate.. It worked every time

All the gamestops I've traded into have let me trade in 2 copies of games per transaction, I've even gone in a couple of hours later in the same day and traded more copies of the same game to the same gamestop. Also regarding purchasing only 2 copies of a certain game at blockbuster is ymmv. I've only come across this rule at 1 blockbuster.

[quote name='Capa']*wall o text*

I've been really busy this week, haven't flipped anything. I still haven't gotten the BB letter. I have $625 in games that need to go to BB. I spent credit on a new Wii for my nieces and nephew, and got them 8 games, 3 extra controllers, 2 mics, and 1 nunchuk during the B2G1(basically all my profits went to their birthday, so I didn't make any money but didn't lose any credit really either)

I guess I'll call in again and try to get someone to talk to me about my account.[/quote]

I wish I could find a manager around here that needs trades. All the GS stores around here get so much foot traffic. They definitely meet their quotas for the bonuses.

And how the hell do you have $625 in games? Geez man. How many games do you have total? And how much did it cost in GS credit? Most I've ever held at once was about $175 in BBV credit and $90 in GS credit. Don't like holding too much at once.

[quote name='findammon']All the gamestops I've traded into have let me trade in 2 copies of games per transaction, I've even gone in a couple of hours later in the same day and traded more copies of the same game to the same gamestop. Also regarding purchasing only 2 copies of a certain game at blockbuster is ymmv. I've only come across this rule at 1 blockbuster.[/quote]

To tell you the truth, I haven't tried trading in multiples. I think I'll ask the manager over the phone to see if they accept duplicates before going in.

If your native resolution is 1080p, choose that. Like LiveCrazy_Joe said, your 360 does the rest.

Say you're playing a game whose max res is 720p. Your 360 changes the TV to that setting. If it's 1080p, that's what it plays it as. Using 1080i is ok too.

I've been holding 400-700 in credit for the last few weeks...once I get up around 700-800, I buy a couple of wiis, or a wii and wii fits, and sell them. Then take the 400 left and start building again. I basically spent all my GS credit during the B2G1, since that is the most profitable promotion we can take advantage of. I have 50 in GS credit left, I just bought some games tonight for myself to try out(FEAR Files, since I had never played the expansions on PC, and GranTourismo on PS3, to see if my Momo Logitech wheel would work with it). I was making 400-500 a week before my trade account got shut down. It's really not hard..if you figure you should profit $25 when you get 3 games (on average), then you are making $25 each time you stop at GS. I would hit 4-5 gamestops/day, so I'm making 100-125 a day. I do this 5 or 6 days a week.

Set your TV to the highest setting allowed and let your 360 do the work after you change the settings on there as well (both on the console and the A/V connector). From there, the 360 does the rest, and quite honestly, you won't be playing SDTV again anytime soon.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Capa']I've been holding 400-700 in credit for the last few weeks...once I get up around 700-800, I buy a couple of wiis, or a wii and wii fits, and sell them. Then take the 400 left and start building again. I basically spent all my GS credit during the B2G1, since that is the most profitable promotion we can take advantage of. I have 50 in GS credit left, I just bought some games tonight for myself to try out(FEAR Files, since I had never played the expansions on PC, and GranTourismo on PS3, to see if my Momo Logitech wheel would work with it). I was making 400-500 a week before my trade account got shut down. It's really not hard..if you figure you should profit $25 when you get 3 games (on average), then you are making $25 each time you stop at GS. I would hit 4-5 gamestops/day, so I'm making 100-125 a day. I do this 5 or 6 days a week.[/QUOTE]

And you wonder why you got banned. :roll:

Oh and by the way I have blockbusters that finally started carrying digital book readers, HD t.v.'s, digital cameras, blu ray players, DVR converters, and video glasses. I was really surprised and now I have a better reason to flip even more.

bread's done
Back