The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='Muffin_Man']
and I know that BBV are sticklers about taking in multiples, but how picky are Gamestops? My BBV had lots of TimeShifts, but I only have 2 Gamestops anywhere near me.[/quote]

noob question even though I've been flipping for a few months.

Is trading in say 4 Timeshifts to GS suspicious (not at same time, but 4 separate days), and same w/ Blockbuster (except diff. games), or as long as you do 1 a day, make sure it isn't same employee, etc?

[quote name='DarkRider23']Edit - Quick question. Does anyone have a site that allows you to input multiple addresses and then it determines the best loop/shortest way you can hit all of those places? I know there's a website for this. I use to use it, but I can't remember it for the life o fme.[/quote]

Google Maps lets you input multiple destinations. Don't know about routing the correct order though.

[quote name='io']

Are you 100% sure that they traded it in as Burning Earth and not Last Airbender at Gamestop? Sometimes they look things up when bar codes don't scan and they could have easily made that mistake. If your GS receipt clearly says Burning Earth then I'll change it in the second post.[/quote]

IO, I'll double check in the morning. Maybe that was the issue though. I hope so because I have one more to trade in yet. I'll post first thing tomorrow.

[quote name='bgame2']IO, I'll double check in the morning. Maybe that was the issue though. I hope so because I have one more to trade in yet. I'll post first thing tomorrow.[/quote]

CRAP! You were right IO, it was "Avatar, The Last". Sorry about the confusion. Hope I didn't screw anyone up!!!

[quote name='Quintox']noob question even though I've been flipping for a few months.

Is trading in say 4 Timeshifts to GS suspicious (not at same time, but 4 separate days), and same w/ Blockbuster (except diff. games), or as long as you do 1 a day, make sure it isn't same employee, etc?[/quote]

I've never done more than 2 of one title at a single store, and that was only once because I had an extra copy I had to unload since it was a dump day. I personally stick to 1 / store, but GameStop and BBV in the Dallas metroplex are like water. 4 at a single store, regardless of time between trade, can get you flagged to a quasi-attentive employee. Especially if you trade there routinely and they see your laundry list of games and are curious.

Took a few games today, most of which have already been posted as far as value goes. I did get $36 for Force Unleashed (PS3).

I'm tempted to take Bourne since it gets $33 and I just beat it, but I actually like the game.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Have you ever traded in 2 copies of the same game to a store xfactor? I know that they allow 2 copies per store per day, but I just don't want to get banned from any store.[/quote]

I ALWAYS trade my Gs-> BBV flips ASAP for fear of price drops (usually trade in same day I bought them). I also would ALWAYS trade up to 2 copies of each game per BBV. I once had a associate give me heat and flag my account when I traded too many copies of Kane and Lynch in but that was the worst of it. The BBV employee was just jealous I think or suspicious. If someone gives you heat, ask them to call their manager and confirm corporate policy of 2 copies per title per day ! I have ahd to do this a few times and each time the manager said no problem, take his trades. I have not been banned or had any problems trading though and now I know many faces at many BBV's and my name is known in my district. I always trade a BUNCH of games into BBV and walk out with a BUNCH of games to take back to GS.

BBV LOVES me because I buy so much of their used games that they WANT TO GET RID OF even if it means taking in my trades with some titles being 2 copies.

As to Gamestop, last time during the BBV B1G1 sale, I was able to trade in multiples (YMMV) per store it just depends on how cool the associate is and how bad they want/need your trades since each store compares how much trade-ins they take per day and per week !!

This used to not be a problem until the GS District Manager introduced himself to me one day when I was trading at one of his stores. I explained what I was doing was perfectly legal and I had receipts for all my GS/BBV purchases !! (and I did keep every one). He said good since my GS trade-ins a couple month back totalled more than $6000 +. He told me that LOSS PREVENTION had me show up on the RADAR screen and he just wanted to know my story. I told him I was a game enthusiast and collector and that BBV B1G1 FREE sale was such a great deal, I bought copies to keep and extras to trade in. I told him he should thank me for that $6000 in trades because GS will make MUCH more money on those games since USED is their #1 profit source.

Also, I told him I always bought more used games with the credit so what was the problem !?!

We now know each other on a first name basis and he told me that Gamestop Corporate policy is to only allow 1 copy per game per store per day and I was NOT to violate that so from that point on, I patiently divided all my flips into several unique piles (3,6,9 or 12) so that there would not be any duplicates per trade transaction. Then I would come back the next day and trade another batch of the same titles in all over again.

Hope this helps !

[quote name='DarkRider23']
Edit - Quick question. Does anyone have a site that allows you to input multiple addresses and then it determines the best loop/shortest way you can hit all of those places? I know there's a website for this. I use to use it, but I can't remember it for the life of me.[/quote]

Yes. Its called mapquest. I would punch in the address of my first Gamestop and then after you do the directions you can add another stop or address at the bottom of your directions. Then you can add another and another. Then you can move the locations up and down for your fastest route. Thats what I did with all my Gamestops and BBV.

The manager at one BBV was the one that flagged me, told me to call back in a month...and that was 2 months ago. Eh, plenty of other BBV to go to.

I got flagged as not allowed to trade at BB. It was at a BB where the manager eyed me suspiciously a few months ago and I mentally wrote the store off. That was a while ago and I forgot, so I went back to that BB 2 weeks ago to trade in a game and one week ago to trade in that same game plus another. I also ended up buying 2 of each of some cheap 360 and Wii games and a gift card, all on credit, all on the same receipt. The next time I went to trade at another store I found out I had been flagged as not allowed to trade.

I called the manager and he said that my trading history was downloaded from other BB's in the area and that "flipping" wasn't allowed in the trading agreement I signed. I doubted that fact but didn't bother to argue. I asked if I would ever be able to trade again and he said another manager in the area would get back to me. I dont know who this manager is (probably the district maanger) because I assume it was all this guy's over zealous investigating. I assume my ban is the 6 month temporary ban which isn't that big of a deal because I have all the games I want and some credit to spare but the whole experience was kind of odd. What tipped him off was either my "2 of" purchases on credit or that I traded in two of the same game one week apart. I've done much more agressive trading and buying in other BB's a few months ago when I needed to build up credit quickly with no problem whatsoever. This seems to be specific to this BB and this manager who finds it offensive that I buy his crappy low priced games that have been sitting on the shelf for who knows how long on credit. I wish I had remembered that evil look I got oh so long ago.

If I start trading again I'll buy and trade on separate receipts, only using reloadable value cards. Value cards may or may not be loosely linked to my account, but it's probably better to not directly trade and buy on the same receipt. That way I can avoid having them scan in my BB card when i purchase games with a value card.

See, I always figured it was better to do all your purchases "on the account" so they can see that you buy lots of stuff too (and don't just do trade-ins all the time). But then who knows, they can look at anything you do in the wrong way if they want to :roll:.

Anyway, I didn't find as much fodder as I'd hoped tonight at 2 Blockbusters. I couldn't find any Nights or Skate, but did end up with 5 games (2 x FEAR Files, 2 x Spyro, and a Timeshift). I took those to the Mall where there are 2 GS stores and traded all those in, switched my old preorders that I never picked up to stuff coming out later, and bought, of all things, a PS3 SST! I was shocked to see that since they had been gone from the entire metro area for a long time. I guess someone actually just traded it in. So I'll just take that to my local store as I think I haven't traded one there before plus I've been really light on the trades recently anyway. I did discover that I appear to live right near a district boundary which explains why I was in trouble at all the stores to one side of me but not to the other back in Dec. I think there's a third district that I venture into occasionally as well - will have to check out those signs next time I'm up there.

We still need to nail down this $10,000 limit thing, though - is it over the lifetime of an account or yearly, or what?

As for switching my preorders at GS, I got the hard sell from one guy about putting down more preorders. He promised me a 50% bonus on top of the $10 promo I already got (he called it "his promo"). Had it been more than just 2 games ($22 or so total) I might have taken him up on it just to see how he would handle that. I was already cancelling one preorder and being nice in switching it to another that I don't really want (but just pushing that date back a bit). I don't know what he would have done if I had just up and cancelled it for a refund :lol:. These preorders are less useful to me than before because, as I described the other day, I end up buying newly released stuff used with all these great coupons and promos they have. I just handed out a few preorders to repay them when they were accepting copies of the $15 bonus coupon during the perfect storm. But I definitely want to cancel Fallout 3 after watching the gameplay videos and that one is still out there. I'm not sure about Fable 2 either, but I might just get that one.

Grid 360 - $32

Tried to trade in Victorious Boxers but was denied because the game didn't scan. Picked up Army of Two PS3 for $24.99. I picked up VB to pay for Ao2 but will have to find another game to offset the purchase. Will return VB to GS as I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get it accepted.

Lately, when I buy used games at BB, the clerks always ask for my BB card. During the Wii sweepstakes, I had to practically force them to scan my card first (they never asked).

Hey everyone. Im on my psp right now trying to read and understand what you guys are doing. So far I am lost lol. Could someone be kind enough to explane it to me in either a post or PM. Thanks if it isnt too much trouble.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']TIVs PS3 (all $26.99 at GS)
Orange Box - $16[/quote]

Quote is from 9/26. So it might have changed.

"Search" is your friend. ;)

[quote name='emg28']Quote is from 9/26. So it might have changed.

"Search" is your friend. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you, gonna be honest though...i was going to do a search but i figured asking would be much faster ;) Much appreciated though

[quote name='tianxia']Called BBV and yes, Boom Blox is in fact $25 base at GS. I'll snatch up the new ones they have left at the local Blockbuster and trade it in tomorrow. Was also going to flip NGII, but they only had one copy left and I figured I'd just keep it for myself.[/quote]

Wow, BBV told you GSs trade-in prices? Half the employees there don't know how to find their own trade-in prices. ;) This is good news for me since now there's something that can move a lot of credit at one time. I mean $10 flips aren't bad but I'm starting to run out of games to flip. Need BBV to start getting some more transfers in.

[quote name='tianxia']Called BBV and yes, Boom Blox is in fact $25 base at GS. I'll snatch up the new ones they have left at the local Blockbuster and trade it in tomorrow. Was also going to flip NGII, but they only had one copy left and I figured I'd just keep it for myself.[/quote]

so has ninja gaiden II FINALLY dropped to $24.99 USED at BBV?

Thank prim4444 for the list. These are clearance price drops for games @ Toysrus starting 10/6. Let’s see who can find the next Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

XB360
314423 Nascar 08 $5.00
319028 NBA Live 06 $5.00
330194 Juiced 2 $9.98(New)
436189 Viva Pinata Party Animals $9.98(New)
465006 College Hoops 2K8 $9.98(New)
618095 NCAA Football $5.00 - Year Not Stated.
684772 NCAA March Madness $5.00 - Year Not Stated.
696107 NHL 2K7 $5.00
776545 TMNT $19.98(New)
911369 Monster Madness $5.00
933559 Beautiful Katamari $5.00
953878 Jumper $9.98(New)
218060 Shadow Run $5.00
263181 Condemned Criminal $5.00
357593 Perfect Dark Zero $5.00
744686 Blitz $5.00

Wii
365117 Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $9.98(New)
409289 Need 4 Speed Prostreet $9.98(New)
480463 Rock And Roll Adventures $9.98(New)
574808 Tomb Raider Anniversary $19.98(New)
611029 Monster Trux Arena $9.98(New)
705939 Avatar Last Airbender $5.00
807359 Trauma Center 2nd Opinion $5.00
816933 Mini Desk Top Racing $9.98(New)
871969 Geometry Wars $9.98(New)
953722 Jumper $9.98(New)
977767 George Of The Jungle $9.98(New)

PS3
088051 NBA 2K7 $5.00
330305 Juiced 2 $9.98(New)
405453 NBA 07 $5.00
464932 College Hoops 2K8 $9.98(New)
775840 College Hoops 2K7 $5.00
815931 All Pro Football $5.00
581493 Fear $19.98(New)

[quote name='cheapskate01']Thank prim4444 for the list. These are clearance price drops for games @ Toysrus starting 10/6. Let’s see who can find the next Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

XB360
314423 Nascar 08 $5.00
319028 NBA Live 06 $5.00
330194 Juiced 2 $9.98(New)
436189 Viva Pinata Party Animals $9.98(New)
465006 College Hoops 2K8 $9.98(New)
618095 NCAA Football $5.00 - Year Not Stated. *More Than Likely*
684772 NCAA March Madness $5.00 - Year Not Stated. *More Than Likely*
696107 NHL 2K7 $5.00
776545 TMNT $19.98(New)
911369 Monster Madness $5.00 *Might go for $9 still*
933559 Beautiful Katamari $5.00
953878 Jumper $9.98(New)
218060 Shadow Run $5.00
263181 Condemned Criminal $5.00
357593 Perfect Dark Zero $5.00
744686 Blitz $5.00

Wii
365117 Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $9.98(New)
409289 Need 4 Speed Prostreet $9.98(New)
480463 Rock And Roll Adventures $9.98(New) *Gets $16*
574808 Tomb Raider Anniversary $19.98(New)
611029 Monster Trux Arena $9.98(New)
705939 Avatar Last Airbender $5.00
807359 Trauma Center 2nd Opinion $5.00 *Should go for $9*
816933 Mini Desk Top Racing $9.98(New)
871969 Geometry Wars $9.98(New)
953722 Jumper $9.98(New)
977767 George Of The Jungle $9.98(New)

PS3
088051 NBA 2K7 $5.00
330305 Juiced 2 $9.98(New)
405453 NBA 07 $5.00
464932 College Hoops 2K8 $9.98(New)
775840 College Hoops 2K7 $5.00
815931 All Pro Football $5.00
581493 Fear $19.98(New)[/quote]

Well some of these can be written off fairly easily, there might be one or two that get a good value.

Anybody know the actual reason that people are having trouble with Victorious Boxers scanning at BB? I've already traded one or two and I don't recall having an issue. Gonna pick up another today and want to avoid trouble.

The 10,000 is over the life of the account (I'm repeating what I was told by BB national cust. svc.). Once you get to that number, the account is put on hold pending corporate review. If it takes you 6 years to get there, I'm sure it's easier to reinstate trading vs. if it took you 2 months. I'm still waiting for my account review.

And I never said I didn't understand why I was put on hold.? The only questions I have are whether or nto I can convince them to reinstate it. I have never gone outside the trade agreement (2 per store per day), and actually have done the 2 titles to a store very rarely. I take multiples in to GS only when the store manager is there in the store, and asks me to bring him more games, and after telling him they are multiples, he still wants/needs them.

Oh and I found a SST last night too. They also had BAM, but I'm sitting on 3 of those, and my friend who is trading to BB for me only has 3 BBs convenient to him...so I'm trying to keep my quantities at 3 and under.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Wow, BBV told you GSs trade-in prices? Half the employees there don't know how to find their own trade-in prices. ;) This is good news for me since now there's something that can move a lot of credit at one time. I mean $10 flips aren't bad but I'm starting to run out of games to flip. Need BBV to start getting some more transfers in.[/quote]

Lol, my bad, meant to say I called Gamestop. Would have been nice if BBV did know the GS prices though. There is one guy at my Gamestop who knows I flip and points me out to the better flips. Haven't seen him in forever, though, either he got fired or he just doesn't work afternoons.

I kind of wish I had more Gamestops in my area. I'm flipping my third Spyro to the same local GS since I've got nothing else and I need more GS credit. Then again, I flipped two SoF:p's on the same day once and the manager didn't say anything except warn me about "them" (who I assume is corporate).

nice new TRU clearance list..hopefully i can go to my TRU and hide some of them so the employees don't take em hehe. Then i can wait it out til the B2G1 free in the next week :whistle2:D

[quote name='tianxia']
I kind of wish I had more Gamestops in my area. I'm flipping my third Spyro to the same local GS since I've got nothing else and I need more GS credit. Then again, I flipped two SoF:p's on the same day once and the manager didn't say anything except warn me about "them" (who I assume is corporate).[/quote]

Gamestop Corporate just doesn't care. I've traded in 8 Spiderman: FOF and 6 Spiderman 3 games into the same GS. It was over a 2 week period. I never got any shit from the manager or corporate. In fact, they still have all their Spiderman: FOF games sitting on the shelf. About 4 of them are in black boxes ;).

I hate to ask, but I called my local Gamerush and asked for the trade in value on an Xbox 360 Elite system, but the lady told me she doesnt have a listing, just the pro. Does anyone have an idea?

Not a great flip, but Scene it (360) is $14.98 @ Target and gets $22 @ BB.

I dumped some more games to BB. It really sucks only being able to trade at one store (For now). I just dont feel like dragging the old man to every store to have him sign up for a trade account. The gamerush I went to was stockpiled with $9.99 -> $11-13 flips so i'm probably going to go fodder hunting tonight or tomorrow.

I traded in my five Wii games and got $140 for them, and then put a lot of that towards the purchase of Wii Fit, which my girlfriend wants. I then placed $5 down on Fable 2, which I'll probably pick up there instead of online like I was originally going to.

I Wii Fit preordered to get one out of the next shipment a couple months ago, but I didn't pick it up until today. I was suprised they held it all that time, but I got pissed when they originally didn't one for me, so I guess they took note. The cashier also said that there was a warning on my account, until she opened it and it just said that my Wii Fit was available to pick up. I was worried for a second.

I tried Prey, but it only got $2, so I kept it. I think I'm going to try a few more games until I run out of GameStop credit. I have a preoder down on Gears 2 for $60 in credit, and then I have about $20 left on my gift card.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Well some of these can be written off fairly easily, there might be one or two that get a good value.[/QUOTE]

That's all we really need.;)

[quote name='nietzsche74']That's all we really need.;)[/quote]

One will suffice ;).

I definitely won't miss out on any more games like I did with F4. Can't believe I didn't get any.

:360: Virtua Tennis 3 is now $6.99 used. That makes it $6.99 -> $5.00 ($10.50) at Gamestop.

I'm assuming :360: Blitz has dropped considerably since, but I traded a copy a few months back at $25. I'm sure it's much lower now.

Lets make a list then, shall we?

XB360
314423 Nascar 08 $5.00
436189 Viva Pinata Party Animals $9.98
465006 College Hoops 2K8 $9.98
218060 Shadow Run $5.00
744686 Blitz $5.00

Wii
365117 Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $9.98
409289 Need 4 Speed Prostreet $9.98
574808 Tomb Raider Anniversary $19.98
611029 Monster Trux Arena $9.98
816933 Mini Desk Top Racing $9.98
953722 Jumper $9.98
977767 George Of The Jungle $9.98

PS3
330305 Juiced 2 $9.98
464932 College Hoops 2K8 $9.98
581493 Fear $19.98

Here are all the possible 2x+ flips.

Heres what i know so far. Only one good flip especially if we wait until the buy2 get1 free at toysrus!! (Find the rest)

XB360
436189 Viva Pinata Party Animals $9.98 --> 8
744686 Blitz $5.00 --> 12

Wii
365117 Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $9.98 --> 11
611029 Monster Trux Arena $9.98 --> 16
816933 Mini Desk Top Racing $9.98 --> 13
953722 Jumper $9.98 --> 6
977767 George Of The Jungle $9.98 --> 9

PS3
330305 Juiced 2 $9.98 --> 11

[quote name='mkernan']Anybody know the actual reason that people are having trouble with Victorious Boxers scanning at BB? I've already traded one or two and I don't recall having an issue. Gonna pick up another today and want to avoid trouble.[/quote]

This game is not that hard to trade in. The actual reason that people are having difficulty with it is that they have the SPECIAL SOUNDTRACK edition which is a 2 disk BONUS CONTENT edition that comes with the game and the soundtrack. It says SPECIAL SOUNDTRACK EDITION on the front right hand side of the cover and looks like a small tear in the cover art. Well each time a manufacturer does a LIMITED or BONUS content edition (especially one featuring 2 discs game AND soundtrack) the UPC code on the box is different that the one in the computer.

I have traded in 4 of these so far and I just have to explain the story above to them that my version is the game AND the soundtrack and has a slightly different UPC. The last BBV Manager I met yesterday when I flipped this game did a UPC maintenance request and ADDED the UPC into the system. Other stores have just looked it up manually in the manual product look-up.

Sure its a little hassle but at a profit of over $11 per copy when flipping GS->BBV after 20% promo&edge, it is worth it and one of the top flips IMO.

Hope that helps....

[quote name='cheapskate01']Heres what i know so far. Only one good flip especially if we wait until the buy2 get1 free at toysrus!! (Find the rest)

XB360
436189 Viva Pinata Party Animals $9.98 --> 8
744686 Blitz $5.00 --> 12

Wii
365117 Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $9.98 --> 11
816933 Mini Desk Top Racing $9.98 --> 13
953722 Jumper $9.98 --> 6
977767 George Of The Jungle $9.98 --> 9

PS3
330305 Juiced 2 $9.98 --> 11[/quote]

What's so wrong with this one ?? Why'd you say ONLY one good flip yet list two ?? ;)

[quote name='Xfactor4']What's so wrong with this one ?? Why'd you say ONLY one good flip yet list two ?? ;)

611029 Monster Trux Arena $9.98 --> 16[/quote]

Because Blitz is a 2.2x flip and Monster Trux only 1.6x. I'm crazy new at this, but i thought cash flips were best when they're at least 2x

[quote name='xfade']Because Blitz is a 2.2x flip and Monster Trux only 1.6x. I'm crazy new at this, but i thought cash flips were best when they're at least 2x[/quote]

Ahh.. I see.. I was just looking at the fact that on one game you made $7.00 profit(Blitz) and on the other game(Monster Trux) you made $6.00 profit. Both seem pretty good to me as far as profit but I suppose one of them does require double the upfront investment($10 as opposed to $5)

[quote name='Bezerker']Not a great flip, but Scene it (360) is $14.98 @ Target and gets $22 @ BB.
[/QUOTE]

Damn this irks me! It is only $14.98 @ Target if any Target's near you have them, and they've done the latest drops and they still aren't $29.98! All the Targets I've checked are out and they are still priced at $29.98 (via scan - likewise Beijing still $24.98, Lost Odyssey still $29.98, etc). I really want one of these at $14.98 - seems such a waste as a flip. I did buy one a few weeks ago at $29.98 and will try the very YMMV Target return/adjust when they get their price down to $14.98.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Ahh.. I see.. I was just looking at the fact that on one game you made $7.00 profit(Blitz) and on the other game(Monster Trux) you made $6.00 profit. Both seem pretty good to me as far as profit but I suppose one of them does require double the upfront investment($10 as opposed to $5)[/QUOTE]

Frankly neither of those seems that great to me. I suppose if you are just getting started the Blitz one is OK to build up some initial credit. The problem is I don't see that being as readily available as FF:RoSS was. Really epic cash flips need to be a high ratio (3x or greater) and easy to find. Finding 1 or 2 Blitz at the occasional TRU isn't gonna cut it ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xfactor4']This game is not that hard to trade in. The actual reason that people are having difficulty with it is that they have the SPECIAL SOUNDTRACK edition which is a 2 disk BONUS CONTENT edition that comes with the game and the soundtrack. It says SPECIAL SOUNDTRACK EDITION on the front right hand side of the cover and looks like a small tear in the cover art. Well each time a manufacturer does a LIMITED or BONUS content edition (especially one featuring 2 discs game AND soundtrack) the UPC code on the box is different that the one in the computer.

I have traded in 4 of these so far and I just have to explain the story above to them that my version is the game AND the soundtrack and has a slightly different UPC. The last BBV Manager I met yesterday when I flipped this game did a UPC maintenance request and ADDED the UPC into the system. Other stores have just looked it up manually in the manual product look-up.

Sure its a little hassle but at a profit of over $11 per copy when flipping GS->BBV after 20% promo&edge, it is worth it and one of the top flips IMO.

Hope that helps....[/quote]

Are you thinking of Alone in the Dark? I already knew bout that one.

A few TIV:

Wii - NFS Prostreet - 16
360 - Nascar 08 - 15
PS3 - NBA 08 - 20

NFS and Nascar are $10 and $5 at TRU, respectively. NBA 08 is $9 at CC.
Happy Flipping :D

[quote name='mkernan']Are you thinking of Alone in the Dark? I already knew bout that one.[/quote]

Whoops...Sorry my bad. Yes I was thinking Alone in the dark but I have also traded in about 3 copies of Victorious Boxers as well where the associate does the manual look-up due to UPC product variation.

Out of all the BBV I have gone to, only 2 or 3 will do the manual look-up on the computer next to them. The other 6+ will not take it for me either. Keep trying different BBV while you flip your other titles and if after 6-7 days if you get no success, I suppose you can always just return it to GS I guess. :roll:

[quote name='whatup5']A few TIV:

Wii - NFS Prostreet - 16
360 - Nascar 08 - 15
PS3 - NBA 08 - 20

NFS and Nascar are $10 and $5 at TRU, respectively. NBA 08 is $9 at CC.
Happy Flipping :D[/quote]

Nascar's a pretty solid flip then. 2.8 after taxes here in NJ. If I ever get a chance to go to TRU, I'll be picking 2-3 copies up.

Yeah, that NASCAR one passes the test (3x). What is the deal with this TRU drop - these aren't in effect till Monday?

BEFORE ANYBODY BUYS IT AND OPENS IT... Boom Blox dropped to $15 TIV at GS. I was wondering how I managed to turn $122 BBV into $113 GS and noticed when I looked at my receipt what had occurred. I would've been more pissed but I scored LEGO Batman for the 360.

So that and Smackdown vs. Raw are now:
Wii Boom Blox 29.99(New) -> 21.50
Wii Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 14.99 -> 10.50

Other than that the rest I traded held
Timeshift - 11.60
FEAR Files - 12.70
Wii Table Tennis - 14.90
Stuntman Ignition - 10.50

I'll post more when I go back out to the car and grab the receipts, but I found skate for PS3 for $14.99 and it was definitely a good flip to GS.

[quote name='io']Yeah, that NASCAR one passes the test (3x). What is the deal with this TRU drop - these aren't in effect till Monday?[/quote]

All of them take effect on Monday.

Damn I been out for 3 hours flipping, I turned in $50 GS credit into $220 GS credit after using blockbuster as the middle man (getting games with the credit then trading them back to GS) and I still have 8 more games, Im out the door once again to flip for another hour or so

Just to be clear, in reference to Whatup5's post, does NFS Prostreet for the Wii cost $10 at TRU starting Monday or is that what it should cost now? I went to my local TRU and it was $29.99 so $15 seems like a more appropriate price for clearance.

Just wanted to keep an (as updated as possible) list of Blockbuster => Gamestop Credit flips. From personal experience I've compiled the following list, anyone feel free to correct me or let me know what I have missing...

List is organized by the following:
Game - (Price in BBV) => (Credit recieved in Gamestop w/ 20% & 10% Edge)

Prices as of 10/04/08:

Xbox 360
---------
F.E.A.R. Files ----------------$9.99 => $12.70
Spiderman: Friend or Foe $9.99 => $10.50
Timeshift ---------------------$9.99 => $11.60

Wii
----
Avatar: The Burning Earth $9.99 => $10.50
Nights: Journey of Dreams $9.99 => $12.70
Spyro: The Eternal Night -- $9.99 => $11.60

If anyone wants to help, will need the Specific Title, Price in BB and Trade in Value from GS.. Thanks

10/4

GRID (360) - $32
The Bourne Conspiracy (PS3) - $33
Bust a Move Bash (Wii) - $20
Sea Monsters (Wii) - $23
DBZ Burst Limit (PS3) - $30
Viking (PS3) - $20

bread's done
Back