The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='Dragonwarrior587']What's the best BBV > GS trades? or GS>BBV?[/quote]

Read the first two posts in this thread.

[quote name='sp00ge']While it may be petty, I think any of us who got burned by GS on the Boom Blox drop should at least complain to corporate.

Boom Blox is still listed as $25 on Gamestop.com under Trade-in values. Nowhere does it say that values may have changed, check first, etc. This is misrepresentation to get you into the store and does warrant a complaint or two, at the minimum.

That said, I have three days off and a few untouched GS and BBV's to visit. Just need to make some calls to check if there were any TIV drops.[/quote]

Yea, I thought there was something on the website that said that these are estimates and to check the store for up to date information but its not there. I guess either I was seeing things or they took that off when they re-did the site.

Since its 10/06 and the TRU price drops start today, I thought it would be good to restate some of the earlier posts (that were made on 10/04 about the price drops) so that others don't miss the deals....

Original list credit goes to prim4444.
Credit to cheapskate01 also for posting the list on this thread.
Credit to Nikadimas for filtering out the good from bad potential flips.

and now on to the earlier posts (which was the end result of the 3 posts that I just gave credit to)...

[quote name='DarkRider23']Lets make a list then, shall we?

XB360
314423 Nascar 08 $5.00
436189 Viva Pinata Party Animals $9.98
465006 College Hoops 2K8 $9.98
218060 Shadow Run $5.00
744686 Blitz $5.00

Wii
365117 Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $9.98
409289 Need 4 Speed Prostreet $9.98
574808 Tomb Raider Anniversary $19.98
611029 Monster Trux Arena $9.98
816933 Mini Desk Top Racing $9.98
953722 Jumper $9.98
977767 George Of The Jungle $9.98

PS3
330305 Juiced 2 $9.98
464932 College Hoops 2K8 $9.98
581493 Fear $19.98

Here are all the possible 2x+ flips.[/quote]

[quote name='cheapskate01']Heres what i know so far. Only one good flip especially if we wait until the buy2 get1 free at toysrus!! (Find the rest)

XB360
436189 Viva Pinata Party Animals $9.98 --> 8
744686 Blitz $5.00 --> 12

Wii
365117 Nicktoons Attack Toy Bots $9.98 --> 11
611029 Monster Trux Arena $9.98 --> 16
816933 Mini Desk Top Racing $9.98 --> 13
953722 Jumper $9.98 --> 6
977767 George Of The Jungle $9.98 --> 9

PS3
330305 Juiced 2 $9.98 --> 11[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
TIVs 10.05.08

Grid (360) - 32
Monster Jam (wii) - 30
High School musical (wii) - 26
Victorious Boxers (wii) - 30
Alone in the dark (360) - 28.50

[quote name='spauldingfan']Has anyone been able to reserve Resistance 2 yet?[/QUOTE]

I preordered it yesterday just to help my local GR out. I would give you the little number that they need but it's not on the receipt.

[quote name='DarkRider23']That's an odd number to say the least. The 2 for $10 thread has it listed as $11. That would make it $17.10 after bonuses.

Is Philadelphia one of those places with weird GS trade-in values?[/quote]

I can confirm $11 base. Traded a couple, I got exactly $17.10 after bonuses.

I checked out my local Toysrus on sunday while doing some flipping and they didn't have anything really. I was looking for Nascar & Blitz and honestly I thought those titles were so generic so as to be there in numerous copies but, not so. But then, my local Toysrus has a weak selection.

Well here are some TIV's from BB this morning:

(All 360)

Kingdom Under Fire:Circle of Doom $15
COD4 $32
Eternal Sonata $19
DW:Gundam $35
The Club $12
Perfect Dark Zero: LCE $6
Project Sylpheed $8
Dead Rising $15

Alone in the Dark (Wii) - $30
Victorious Boxers (Wii) (though im tempted to keep this one becuz im a huge fan of the series) - $30
SEGA Superstars Tennis (PS3) - $20

Just hit up a new BBV today and they had a weak game selection. It seems like the farther away from home I get, the less games Blockbusters have... Ended up getting 2 Spyros and BK. I was really surprised that they didn't have timeshift or FEAR Files. I would have bought 3 copies of each if they did have them>_

Check this page frequently for the latest trade-in pricing on featured titles and exclusive trade-in offers. This is only a sample of our great trade-in values; bring in all your old video games to your local store for complete price quotes!

Sp00ge is absolutely right about the website. In fact, the GS website implies it is the MOST up-to-date. I'm actually going to do this while I'm up here in the OKC area. Maybe they will offer me a reason why the TIVs differ here over other areas, kill two birds with one stone.

BBV TIV for Today (Mon, 10/6/08):

:ps3: Bourne Conspiracy = $33
:ps3: Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War = $36
:ps3: World Series of Poker 2008 = $20
:ps3: Beijing Olympics 2008 = $30
:ps3: Dragonball Z Burst Limit = $30
:wii: Monster Jam = $30
:wii: Sea Monsters = $23
:wii: Bust a Move Bash = $20

BBV TIV for 10/6/08 (All PS3):

Soul Calibur 4 - $36
Call of Duty 4 (regular edition) - $33
Devil May Cry 4 - $16
Bourne Conspiracy - $33
Kane & Lynch - $16

[quote name='DarkRider23']That's an odd number to say the least. The 2 for $10 thread has it listed as $11. That would make it $17.10 after bonuses.

Is Philadelphia one of those places with weird GS trade-in values?[/quote]

[quote name='xfade']I can confirm $11 base. Traded a couple, I got exactly $17.10 after bonuses.[/quote]

I don't think so. I've always had the same TIVs as everyone else. However, the 2 for $10 thread has it for more than 1 price. io has it for $11 in the first post, but someone else also posted $13.75 for Skate yesterday.

I know somebody mentioned no drops in price, but i found mario strikers charged for 19.99 used. Not sure if this is new, but worth mentioning again... only 5 dollars more than the marked GC version. Also looking at a copy of lord of the rings tactics for psp at 9.99 used which was 19.99 iirc.

Also, don't know if people saw this... but Eye of Judgment has been changed on the online tracking. It now explicitly states that it is Game Only. Some GS stores may offer the complete set for you, but it will probably be an even more fleeting opportunity.

On the way to class today, I decided to stop in the easy-access GS to check this copy of EoJ they had. The thing came with the camera, a full pack of cards (including Scion, Biolith Lord... Sciondar... two white cubics and a few other okay cards). I was stoked and grabbed it hastily. That person who traded it in... really got taken advantage of, though. He probably got 12.00 TIV for the game/camera/mat/stand and all of his cards.

Oh cool.. COD4 still gets $33. Gonna try and finish it to trade in and get the GotY version from GS once I flip the credit back.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I don't think so. I've always had the same TIVs as everyone else. However, the 2 for $10 thread has it for more than 1 price. io has it for $11 in the first post, but someone else also posted $13.75 for Skate yesterday.[/quote]

$12.50 + 10% = $ 13.75. Most likely an OKC trade.

[quote name='dyeknom']I know somebody mentioned no drops in price, but i found mario strikers charged for 19.99 used. Not sure if this is new, but worth mentioning again... only 5 dollars more than the marked GC version. Also looking at a copy of lord of the rings tactics for psp at 9.99 used which was 19.99 iirc.[/QUOTE]

Mario Strikers Charged dropped several weeks ago. Not sure about LotR tactics. Might have to check that one out.

I'm just getting back into the flipping and can't for the life of me find any good flips, what are they now without sounding lazy b/c I looked back 6 pages or so.

On a side note, I called 2 of my local GR's and one of them was especially wary of giving out trade-in prices. he asked me if I had a trade acct, then asked me my name, verified my address and first and lat name, and then he decided it was alright to give me the TIV's.

[quote name='grecianfox']Mario Strikers Charged dropped several weeks ago. Not sure about LotR tactics. Might have to check that one out.[/quote]

12.00 before bonuses on a trade in (18.20 after 5$ bonus and edge) so it's not that big of a loser at the credit transfer. I forgot to ask about an update on LotR tactics.

[quote name='Pck21']I did a search of the forum and looked at the wiki but I can't find a current TIV for GTA IV. Is it still $35?[/quote]

I think its a lot lower, maybe $20 or so. I remember seeing the price at the register & it was lower than GS's TIV. They had about 15 copies at my BBV, which is about 25% of their entire stock of used 360 games.

[quote name='Lethal04']I think its a lot lower, maybe $20 or so. I remember seeing the price at the register & it was lower than GS's TIV. They had about 15 copies at my BBV, which is about 25% of their entire stock of used 360 games.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm well that's definitely not what I was hoping to hear. I just bought the LE edition at target for $22 and I was hoping to trade my regular edition for like $30+. Might have to do some thinking on this one... :whistle2:k

Thanks!

[quote name='Pck21']Hmmm well that's definitely not what I was hoping to hear. I just bought the LE edition at target for $22 and I was hoping to trade my regular edition for like $30+. Might have to do some thinking on this one... :whistle2:k

Thanks![/quote]

BBV sells GTA IV for $29.99 so a $19 TIV is your best bet.

I just picked up an Eye of Judgment at Target today and I am wondering what cards from the deck are worth selling? I know Bezerker posted a list somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='DarkRider23']BBV sells GTA IV for $29.99 so a $19 TIV is your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Ouch! Well that plan backfired lol. I have the regular up for trade now. I'm a little disappointed in how quickly this game dropped in value...oh well, you live and you learn I guess.

:ps3: Dynasty Warriors Gundam - $33
:360: Ninety-Nine Nights - $8
:360: Project Sylpheed - $8

Dynasty Warriors Gundam was very disappointing to me when I played it, it's sad I even traded for it. However, looks like those 3 games will payoff the rest of my Fallout 3 preorder. Has anybody been able to order Dead Space (ps3)? I asked about it but BBV couldn't find it in their systems.

Went by my local BB to see what they had in, but it was picked clean, did get some TIV's, I found today:

:360: Alone In The Dark $28.5
:360: Assassin's Creed (reg ed) $15
:360: Project Sly.

:ps3: FF: Rise of Silver Surfer $9
:ps3: Turok $13
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma $16

:ps2: Warship Gunner II $16
:psp: 50 Cent: Bulletproof G Unit Edition $15

[quote name='Nikadimas']I don't think so. I've always had the same TIVs as everyone else. However, the 2 for $10 thread has it for more than 1 price. io has it for $11 in the first post, but someone else also posted $13.75 for Skate yesterday.[/quote]

I was confused about your TIV on Skate PS3 as well, but I just traded one in to Gamestop, and it was definitely $13.75 base. I'm in TX in the D/FW area and all my values have always been the same as what everybody reports, excluding the weird OK, etc ones. Anyway, here's what I traded from BB to GS today (GS base values shown):

Skate PS3 $14.99 -> $13.75
Timeshift 360 $9.99 -> $6
Fear Files 360 $9.99 -> $7
Sega Rally Revo 360 $9.99 -> $5

So, before tax it was $45 and traded to GS after Edge and bonuses for $54.93, pretty happy about that little trip.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I don't think so. I've always had the same TIVs as everyone else. However, the 2 for $10 thread has it for more than 1 price. io has it for $11 in the first post, but someone else also posted $13.75 for Skate yesterday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gi60']$12.50 + 10% = $ 13.75. Most likely an OKC trade.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mkernan']I was confused about your TIV on Skate PS3 as well, but I just traded one in to Gamestop, and it was definitely $13.75 base. I'm in TX in the D/FW area and all my values have always been the same as what everybody reports, excluding the weird OK, etc ones.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's very odd as the $x.75 pricing on anything over $2 or so has been the wacky OKC pricing in every case we've seen so far. Doesn't matter much to me as I can't find a used copy of Skate at any Blockbusters - it does not appear to be a common converted rental like FEAR Files and Timeshift and is just, apparently, a YMMV local trade-in. Or they haven't gotten around to converting it out here yet, but they are usually pretty consistent with that stuff nation-wide.

[quote name='mkernan']I was confused about your TIV on Skate PS3 as well, but I just traded one in to Gamestop, and it was definitely $13.75 base. I'm in TX in the D/FW area and all my values have always been the same as what everybody reports, excluding the weird OK, etc ones. Anyway, here's what I traded from BB to GS today (GS base values shown):

Skate PS3 $14.99 -> $13.75
Timeshift 360 $9.99 -> $6
Fear Files 360 $9.99 -> $7
Sega Rally Revo 360 $9.99 -> $5

So, before tax it was $45 and traded to GS after Edge and bonuses for $54.93, pretty happy about that little trip.[/QUOTE]

I have a quick question if someone wouldn't mind answering for me...? Why is everyone transferring their credit from BBV to GS these days? Did I miss something big or is it just personal preference? I'm not a big fan of GS and the guys at my local BBV are awesome and they always have the games I want on release day. Plus they're open till 11pm and I have late classes that end right after other retailers close, so that's why I have so much credit at BBV. Thanks!

[quote name='mav451']The 19" you linked has a standard res of 1440x900. So you gotta hope it has decent 1:1 options, or you'll see an ugly stretch. It's also really cheap...I'd suggest you buy a used 720p TV, as people are upgrading to 1080p all the time.[/quote]

Did you chooe analog because your 360 doesn't have HDMI? There's also this version which has DVI for the same price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254005&Tpk=hw191d

Then you can use and adapter to go from HDMI to DVI:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1041902&p_id=2029&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

I have that monitor at my office. It's good for office stuff...it did ok running WoW. But it's not as bright as you might want it to be for a 360. It should only be used for a max of 1440x900. Forcing it to go more than that makes the text really blurry.

But if you need to go the strictly analog route, I have a suggestion. When I bring my 360 to my girlfriend's house, I hook up my 360 to her 19" HP W1907, except that it's $210. You could probably get it for $170 if you had one of those $40 off $200 coupons:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-W...76649/catOid/-12965/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Then I hook it up using those 360 VGA cables. I'm satisfied with the picture quality and settings...at least until I can get home and hook it back up to my 42" Vizio.

[quote name='Pck21']I have a quick question if someone wouldn't mind answering for me...? Why is everyone transferring their credit from BBV to GS these days? Did I miss something big or is it just personal preference? I'm not a big fan of GS and the guys at my local BBV are awesome and they always have the games I want on release day. Plus they're open till 11pm and I have late classes that end right after other retailers close, so that's why I have so much credit at BBV. Thanks![/quote]

BBV = good/decent for new releases, bad-to-decent for used stuff. They're better about it lately, but oftentimes don't get new releases on release day, but instead on Friday of release week. Again, they've been much better lately; esp. with the real big titles.

GS = always a coupon or promo going on, great used selection, new releases are never an issue, pre-order bonuses

I'm not a big fan of Gamestop's corporate mentality, but then again Blockbuster's no saint either. It's rare to be able to move credit from BBV to GS, so when the opportunity arises, we tend to jump on it. If I'm gonna buy a brand-new game at release, I try to do it at BB, but oftentimes GS has some sort of pre-order bonus item that changes my mind. I'm getting sick of framed prints with games at BB.

So its a little bit personal preference, but its alot bit selection, availability, and promo/coupon pricing.

EDIT: forgot one of the most important reasons.... its cyclical. Much of the stuff we flip comes used from Gamestop with coupons, so.... Snowball effect. BB->GS->BB->GS .... = semi-never-ending store credit.

[quote name='Pck21']I have a quick question if someone wouldn't mind answering for me...? Why is everyone transferring their credit from BBV to GS these days? Did I miss something big or is it just personal preference? I'm not a big fan of GS and the guys at my local BBV are awesome and they always have the games I want on release day. Plus they're open till 11pm and I have late classes that end right after other retailers close, so that's why I have so much credit at BBV. Thanks![/quote]

You need credit at GS so you can buy & flip games from gs to BBV. BBV usually has much higher TIVs so that is where you make a lot of your profit. For example, I spent $38 at GS on used games then went across the street and traded them into BBV for $70 at BBV. I then bought 4 games at BBV for $40 then traded them back to GS for $45. Repeat the process and make $

[quote name='mkernan']BBV = good/decent for new releases, bad-to-decent for used stuff. They're better about it lately, but oftentimes don't get new releases on release day, but instead on Friday of release week. Again, they've been much better lately; esp. with the real big titles.

GS = always a coupon or promo going on, great used selection, new releases are never an issue, pre-order bonuses

I'm not a big fan of Gamestop's corporate mentality, but then again Blockbuster's no saint either. It's rare to be able to move credit from BBV to GS, so when the opportunity arises, we tend to jump on it. If I'm gonna buy a brand-new game at release, I try to do it at BB, but oftentimes GS has some sort of pre-order bonus item that changes my mind. I'm getting sick of framed prints with games at BB.

So its a little bit personal preference, but its alot bit selection, availability, and promo/coupon pricing.

EDIT: forgot one of the most important reasons.... its cyclical. Much of the stuff we flip comes used from Gamestop with coupons, so.... Snowball effect. BB->GS->BB->GS .... = semi-never-ending store credit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lethal04']You need credit at GS so you can buy & flip games from gs to BBV. BBV usually has much higher TIVs so that is where you make a lot of your profit. For example, I spent $38 at GS on used games then went across the street and traded them into BBV for $70 at BBV. I then bought 4 games at BBV for $40 then traded them back to GS for $45. Repeat the process and make $[/QUOTE]

Thank you both for answering my question. I just didn't understand why everyone was suddenly moving over to GS from BBV in such big spurts. For a moment I thought that BBV was going to stop taking in trades or selling games and then I would be totally screwed.

You know, I used to be completely against flipping because of certain practices that came with it, ie hoarding. Now I understand what flipping is all about and I'm not so against it anymore. I really appreciate the help! :) I might even go try flipping some games from BBV to GS and vice versa to see what I can make lol! :)

Pck21 - I wish Blockbuster was better about new releases and whatnot then they are because I really like the people at my local store plus it is 1/2 mile from my house whereas the nearest GS is 10 miles. And yet, they are horrible about most new release games. Anything besides those mentioned in the OP as "featured" preorders they aren't going to get until Friday of release week or not at all. There were several games I tried to preorder there over the last few months including Wario Land Shake It and Kirby Super Star Ultra but were never in their system. I saw that they actually had these for sale over the weekend but even up to a few days before release they were not in the system and thus not available for preorder. Then, on games like Infinite Undiscovery and Tales of Vesperia, they never got them at all. So, yeah, overall, GS credit is way more worth having.

Plus, as mkernan points out, you can get some great deals at GS that are simply not possible at BB (as they rarely have sales or deals). For example, I didn't really want to pay $60 for Star Wars Force Unleashed or Infinite Undiscovery, anyway, even in cheap BB credit. I managed to get both + Tales of Vesperia for a total of $99 (used, via B2G1 a few weeks back) in Gamestop credit and all three are near mint since they were such new releases. So even if BB DID get all three games (the only one they got was SW:FU) I'd have paid $180 for essentially the same thing.

And yeah, there's the whole ability to move GS credit back to BB at a significant profit just about any time while the opportunity to do the reverse is limited (though we've had a nice run here of about 4-5 months where it has been pretty easy). Once GS does away with the bonus trade-in promos we'll be back to the regular one-sided trade-ins.

As for the hoarding issue: yeah, I know what you are saying. What is nice about the GSBB flipping is that it almost never involves using hot deals/titles that other CAGs would otherwise want for themselves. So while taking the best CC or Target clearance games and flipping them can raise the ire of some CAGs, no one will complain if you flip SST and Bust-A-Move Bash from GS or FEAR Files and Timeshift from BBV. However - in general you will need some cash purchases to get started and the Kmart/TRU/CC/Target clearances are a good place to start. But you will soon be able to wean yourself off of those ;).

[quote name='io']Well, that's very odd as the $x.75 pricing on anything over $2 or so has been the wacky OKC pricing in every case we've seen so far. Doesn't matter much to me as I can't find a used copy of Skate at any Blockbusters - it does not appear to be a common converted rental like FEAR Files and Timeshift and is just, apparently, a YMMV local trade-in. Or they haven't gotten around to converting it out here yet, but they are usually pretty consistent with that stuff nation-wide.[/quote]

Actually I think the copies I've bought were the ones I traded in months ago during the perfect storm. It was about an even flip back then, but since I was getting almost 2:1 ratio going BB->GS at the time, it didn't matter to me. I found 2 copies so far, I guess I traded the others to the BBVs near my work because I haven't seen any more around.

Use this: PlayOn

It works great and the tech support forum is fairly fast (within hours) of responding. So long as you have a descent computer this is as good as it will get until the NXE comes out.

I picked up a ASUS 19inch widescreen last week from Zip Zoom Fly

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10006998&prodlist=celebros

$160 + free shipping & a $30 rebate = $130

It has DVI & VGA inputs and built in speakers, and 5ms response time.

OR

You could use a CRT monitor if you know anyone who has one lying around. Play_Asia has a cheap 360 VGA cord for $12 shipped.

My brother is using a 20inch ViewSonic CRT and it looks really good, way better than I expexted and 3 times better than a standard definition TV.

[quote name='typeRJ']

Then you can use and adapter to go from HDMI to DVI:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1041902&p_id=2029&seq=1&format=1#largeimage[/QUOTE]

How much better would it look going through a HDMI to the DVI input with an adapter in comparison to VGA?

My 360 doesn't have a HDMI but my brothers does and I could switch out with him if it would help the quality in comparison to a VGA. I've read DVI has a slower response(or something to that effect) in comparison to VGA & sometimes there is problems with the HDMI converting to DVI.

Plus, as mkernan points out, you can get some great deals at GS that are simply not possible at BB (as they rarely have sales or deals). For example, I didn't really want to pay $60 for Star Wars Force Unleashed or Infinite Undiscovery, anyway, even in cheap BB credit. I managed to get both + Tales of Vesperia for a total of $99 (used, via B2G1 a few weeks back) in Gamestop credit and all three are near mint since they were such new releases. So even if BB DID get all three games (the only one they got was SW:FU) I'd have paid $180 for essentially the same thing.

I use that particular one all the time. Occasionally the BBV people ask me if I want to preorder something, to which I usually respond, "Well, are you taking preorders for Valkyria Chronicles?" (The answer is always no). Then I say, well, that's too bad, I'll just hang on to the credit and maybe rent something in the future then.

Either way, though, I've actually bought very little for myself in BBV credit. It usually goes back to Gamestop or gets spent on a present for someone else. The only games I've actually bought for myself with BBV credit are Mario Kart Wii, Ninja Gaiden II, and I think that's it.

Well, if I ever need any controllers, Live/PSN cards, or a new DS, I'm pretty much set. Hell, with the trade-in credit on a DS at Gamestop, I could flip a few games and a brand-new one at BBV without spending a cent.

I just did the math and I can't wait until I work at BBV. Those $9.99->$10.50 games all become a $2 profit or more on each. The other games like Nights and Spyro become $4/$3 profit each. Considering how many games I trade, it'll rack up quickly.

Anyone that work at BBV know how long until the employee discount takes place? I've heard that I have to wait 30 days before I get the discount, but I'm not sure.

bread's done
Back