The General eBay Rant Thread

It's not the act of a "garage sale" that makes something not taxable. It's the fact the IRS is assuming you're selling everything for less than you paid, a loss, so in the end there's nothing to tax. But in the event you do make a few bucks in net profit, they, in theory want to know about it. There are no federal income tax laws or definitions for what constitutes a garage sale or what items can and can't be sold at a garage sale. Garage sales aren't carte blanche un-taxes/un-reported. The government doesn't make distinctions between selling on Craigslist, eBay or your driveway. That's why that guidance page says generally all over it, because for the vast majority of people they have nothing to report in the way of net profits whether it's a garage sale or eBay auction, but in the event you start making even a little bit of net profit off something, the government is retaining their ability to come after taxes on that.

In practice, the government isn't giving a shit about most of that, online or off. They're looking for people ducking big time tax issues like not filing on whatever they earn at their 9 to 5, not Joe Blow not reporting the $100 in net profit he miraculously made off his garage sale one Saturday.

You also totally misread or purposely misconstrued the painting example because I didn't say you're sticking a $10k price tag on it, but whatever.
No, I'm saying as long as you don't conduct garage sales like a business, they won't care, because they'll have to let people claim losses and expenses. Unless you're conducting garage sales like a business, you're not going to have net profits after deductions in pretty much any case.

When you file taxes because of eBay, you can add in losses and expenses, such as supplies, internet, selling for less than what you paid, etc. They won't do it for garage sales because they'll have to allow deductions for garage sales, which will be a complete waste of everyone's time in the end.

I didn't misconstrue the painting example (that I know of). I meant that doesn't fit into any non-business garage sale, so the example didn't have anything to do with what I said. Unless of course, for some reason, you're selling a $10,000 painting at a garage sale willy nilly.

Anyways, I'm not saying you aren't supposed to report anything else. Just that garage sales would be a clusterfuck, as long as you don't conduct it like a business.

Question. Sold a tennis racquet and put in the description that I would only ship in the U.S.

I got a message from her that she was having trouble paying for it, but she figured it out. The first message said this- "I am from Australia and I am using Gopping as a US address. It's just past midnight here and I am about to go to bed."

Is it possible they are shipping it to a friend or something that would ship it to them in Australia? In the order details the address says to ship to Orem, Utah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question. Sold a tennis racquet and put in the description that I would only ship in the U.S.

I got a message from her that she was having trouble paying for it, but she figured it out. The first message said this- "I am from Australia and I am using Gopping as a US address. It's just past midnight here and I am about to go to bed."

Is it possible they are shipping it to a friend or something that would ship it to them in Australia? In the order details the address says to ship to Orem, Utah.
They are most likely shipping it to a freight forwarding company or to a friend/relative. It doesn't matter, your responsibility is only to get it to the address on the PP invoice.

Another question regarding using scales/estimating shipping before selling...so you just weigh the thing and eBay will give you rates based on that info alone? I always thought location played a part too in the pricing but obviously you can't input that in if it hasn't sold yet so it doesn't or am I missing something?

You only have to ship it to the address on the paypal. Anything outside of that is the customers responsibility.

If you are shipping in the U.S. location shouldn't be a factor in your pricing. I base my shipping off of what I've paid in the past. The worst thing you can do is undercharge for shipping and end up eating the cost.

Another question regarding using scales/estimating shipping before selling...so you just weigh the thing and eBay will give you rates based on that info alone? I always thought location played a part too in the pricing but obviously you can't input that in if it hasn't sold yet so it doesn't or am I missing something?
Ebay knows where you're shipping from and you can input package weight and service, so it's calculated for individual buyers.

First class shipping will be the same for US destinations.

Assuming you mean how much to charge for shipping, it calculates it based on the buyer's address. So you could use the "calculate shipping" option and add on handling charges.

For locations really close to you, Priority is sometimes a lot cheaper than parcel post. I shipped a medium box with Priority mail to Anaheim for like $9 (Disneyland return... we bought stuff for nieces, found out one had it, and another didn't like Elsa, blah blah).

For economy shipping (outside of First Class and Media Mail), I found Fedex to be cheapest 99% of the time. But that's with last year's rates. I have only sold like one thing so far this year, so I don't know if it's true with their new rates.

sold a new, kinda rare game the other day and got this message

Dear 247,

I am sorry for the inconvenience but I will be returning item xxxxxxxxxxx tracking #xxxxxxxxxxxx because it was not ordered by me. It was ordered by a minor without permission. It will be returned in original box unopened. PayPal has been notified to close my account to prevent future purchases.

Regretfully,

Mari Walters
it's been about 7 days and I haven't received the item back. I'm guessing she did a chargeback, how exactly do does work? does PayPal just take the money from my account?

Dear 247,

I am sorry for the inconvenience but I will be returning item xxxxxxxxxxx tracking #xxxxxxxxxxxx because it was not ordered by me. It was ordered by a minor without permission. It will be returned in original box unopened. PayPal has been notified to close my account to prevent future purchases.

Regretfully,

Mari Walters
it's been about 7 days and I haven't received the item back. I'm guessing she did a chargeback, how exactly do does work? does PayPal just take the money from my account?
aren't chargebacks usually against TOS. I know a lot of places will ban your account if you do it.

Dear 247,

Regretfully,

Mari Walters
If they do a chargeback, assuming for unauthorized use, you'll get a notification directly from PayPal and you'll be required to provide proof of shipment (you have to have had to of shipped the item to the EXACT address on the PayPal invoice to be covered).

It just seems to me like she is returning it and assuming that you are going to issue a refund.

TOS also says they're responsible for others' use of the account, so I'm guessing a chargeback is not outside the realm of possibility.

I'm not in a position to look it up, but I believe this is one situation where ebay has you covered. Unless they file a return claim through eBay, in which case they'd have to lie that the item was not as described and return it.

It's also possible the package was opened, so they resealed it and wrote "return to sender" on the box, which can cause delays if USPS catches on.

And for that matter, if there were multiple charges being reversed and s/he explained the situation to the bank, the bank would have recourse against the minor. I'm hopeful the bank would catch that and explain the situation.

Ultimately I don't think there's anything you can do until something happens. I'd say you're chances are high it just goes away.

I sold my copy of Majora's Mask Limited Edition on Ebay.  Is the best course of action with signature confirmation and insurance?  I am fine with the shipping eating into the profit portion, but I am afraid that the buyer will say they never received it even if it is labeled as "delivered."  I read up on someone saying that insurance didn't cover an item being lost because it was labeled as delivered even though the buyer said it wasn't received. I just don't want to get scammed out of my sale.

Normally I use signature confirmation with an expensive item that could possibly be left out on a porch or something. I know some people here have said it is worthless and doesn't help with claims (no experience with that), but I always did it for the buyer. I know if I ordered something expensive and the UPS guy left it out on the porch, I'd be worried about it being stolen. Not sure how I'd handle a small item like that though, especially if it won't do you any good in a claim.

I sold my copy of Majora's Mask Limited Edition on Ebay. Is the best course of action with signature confirmation and insurance? I am fine with the shipping eating into the profit portion, but I am afraid that the buyer will say they never received it even if it is labeled as "delivered." I read up on someone saying that insurance didn't cover an item being lost because it was labeled as delivered even though the buyer said it wasn't received. I just don't want to get scammed out of my sale.
If you use tracking and the tracking says delivered, you're protected against "not received" claims. The buyer can still open one, but Ebay usually just issues a refund out of their pocket.

Insurance is to protect against damage during shipping.

Don't forget to use your quarterly eBay certs (if you were given any).  They are supposed to expire tomorrow (2/2).

I just roll em over into eBay gift cards for future use.

Don't forget to use your quarterly eBay certs (if you were given any). They are supposed to expire tomorrow (2/2).

I just roll em over into eBay gift cards for future use.
Thanks for the reminder. I have ~ $81 leftover and couldn't find anything I wanted. They still let you use certs on eBay eGift Cards?

Edit: Yeah I guess they do. I just paid $19.xx for $100 eBay Gift card after rolling my eBay Bucks into the purchase.

Thanks again though for the tip. I was going to end up buying crap I really didn't want just to avoid letting my eBay bucks expire. Now if only you could buy Dell Gift Cards using Dell eGift Cards

Thanks for the reminder. I have ~ $81 leftover and couldn't find anything I wanted. They still let you use certs on eBay eGift Cards?

Edit: Yeah I guess they do. I just paid $19.xx for $100 eBay Gift card after rolling my eBay Bucks into the purchase.

Thanks again though for the tip. I was going to end up buying crap I really didn't want just to avoid letting my eBay bucks expire. Now if only you could buy Dell Gift Cards using Dell eGift Cards
Anytime man. If you have an inactive secondary eBay account, the occasional $5 off $25+ promos also work on eBay gift cards purchases too. I only stick to eBay gift cards since they're the only ones that consistently offer free shipping.

I don't buy regularly so my ebay bucks always drop to zero since I don't have $5 of them. eBay is such a scummy site. Between that and no longer giving us free automatic relistings, I would stop selling on there, but I have lots of stuff I don't need anymore and have to sell it on eBay. I look forward to the time I close my seller account and tell those bastards that I don't need them anymore.

Not an ebay rant, but amazon third party seller, so close enough.

So I bought a somewhat expensive electronics item (over $150) from a 3rd party seller. Listed as like new condition and complete, seller had good feedback, so I figured it'd be fine. Shock of shocks, the item didn't work at all. Annoying, but I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to return it. So last week I mailed it back, by Priority mail with tracking which of course I had to pay for. It was delivered later that week and I assumed I'd have my refund within a couple of days.

Almost a week passed with no updates so I asked the seller what was up, and sent them the tracking number proving they should have received the item. They told me all the packages delivered to their address that day were stolen.  :roll: And here's the kicker: they want me to file a claim with USPS because "Priority mail comes with insurance" and that they'd be happy to help with the claim.

Maybe I'm missing something but this seems like such utter bullshit on so many levels that I don't even know how to proceed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not an ebay rant, but amazon third party seller, so close enough.

So I bought a somewhat expensive electronics item (over $150) from a 3rd party seller. Listed as like new condition and complete, seller had good feedback, so I figured it'd be fine. Shock of shocks, the item didn't work at all. Annoying, but I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to return it. So last week I mailed it back, by Priority mail with tracking which of course I had to pay for. It was delivered later that week and I assumed I'd have my refund within a couple of days.

Almost a week passed with no updates so I asked the seller what was up, and sent them the tracking number proving they should have received the item. They told me all the packages delivered to their address that day were stolen. :roll: And here's the kicker: they want me to file a claim with USPS because "Priority mail comes with insurance" and that they'd be happy to help with the claim.

Maybe I'm missing something but this seems like such utter bullshit on so many levels that I don't even know how to proceed. Any advice would be appreciated.
If the package was lost, that's up to the sender to file a claim. If the package was stolen after delivery, that's the recipient's issue to deal with. Insurance covers damage and lost packages that have not been delivered, not items stolen after delivery so filing an insurance claim is moot. The seller needs to file a police report and deal with it themselves, that's if they're telling the truth (which I highly doubt).

If the seller continues to be evasive, file an A-Z. As a seller, I normally don't condone A-Z claims, but when the seller is giving you a line of shit to try to get himself off the hook, it's warranted.

Thanks. Yeah, I mean, it seems so obvious, I was just a little baffled at just how ridiculous the seller's reply was. Anyway, I told them there's no way the insurance is going to cover it (not to mention that Priority mail insurance only covers $50 anyway) and that they should probably take it up with the post office and/or police. I have a feeling an A-Z is going to be necessary though. :|

How do open a case with a seller who never sent you the item or rather they sent it to the wrong address? I ordered this thing at the end of December, got a message from them after 2 weeks saying there was an accident with the freight and it might take a few extra days to get to me (true or not don't care, I said ok) then waited the entire month of January since I know the mail can be weird at times and now here in February I'm just going with my initial assumption I'm never seeing it so I've been trying to contact the seller but they ignore my messages. I should note the tracking updated but it's saying it was delivered to an address that's not even in my state. When I go to the resolution center it just tells me the tracking says it was delivered so contact the seller but as I said they aren't responding.

I don't see any options on the My eBay screen for that item to open a case, request a refund, etc so how do I go about doing this?

EDIT: Ok, I forgot about the Paypal claims. I just filed one but they automatically closed it saying the seller provided tracking (I used the reason that I have not received the item and have tried contacting them through eBay first) so the investigation was ended automatically. So what the fuck do I do now? All they have to do is look at the damn tracking and see it was never delivered to my address but their automation process apparently doesn't care. I don't want to risk getting into shit filing another claim immediately but I don't want to be screwed out of money.

Speaking of Amazon, would anyone be kind enough to let me borrow their Amazon Prime account for 5 minutes so I can get free shipping? It's a $14.95 item and I'd rather save the 5 dollars S&H. Obviously you'll delete the payment profiles on the account and I will use my credit card.

Speaking of Amazon, would anyone be kind enough to let me borrow their Amazon Prime account for 5 minutes so I can get free shipping? It's a $14.95 item and I'd rather save the 5 dollars S&H. Obviously you'll delete the payment profiles on the account and I will use my credit card.
That... what...?

Okay, after months of nursing my low seller ratings and never running into a problem, I run into a problem. I've got a buyer with a weird address. eBay won't accept the address as valid and I cannot print out the shipping label. The buyer insists the address is correct, but it's apparently not. This is what the address and information looks like. Word for word in the exact same format. Parentheses are for what is not written by eBay.

Invalid Address. Click "Change" to revise it.

[change] (clickable blue button)

Name (No point in putting the real name, I figure)

811, 7th Avanue

The Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers, Corner of 53rd Street

New York, NY 10019

United States

Exactly like that. I know that if I change it, I will probably not be covered by their so-called Seller Protection. But if there is a way to change it to fit the format of eBay and still qualify for Protection, I would like to know. What's worse is that the seller does not even appear to be in the United States. The seller page has him at the United Arab Emirates. The address I am shipping it to might be a forwarding company, though The Sheraton is a hotel. I sold the item for a good price and don't want to cancel it, plus he might open a case and/0r leave negative feedback. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

Okay, after months of nursing my low seller ratings and never running into a problem, I run into a problem. I've got a buyer with a weird address. eBay won't accept the address as valid and I cannot print out the shipping label. The buyer insists the address is correct, but it's apparently not. This is what the address and information looks like. Word for word in the exact same format. Parentheses are for what is not written by eBay.

Invalid Address. Click "Change" to revise it.

[change] (clickable blue button)

Name (No point in putting the real name, I figure)

811, 7th Avanue

The Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers, Corner of 53rd Street

New York, NY 10019

United States

Exactly like that. I know that if I change it, I will probably not be covered by their so-called Seller Protection. But if there is a way to change it to fit the format of eBay and still qualify for Protection, I would like to know. What's worse is that the seller does not even appear to be in the United States. The seller page has him at the United Arab Emirates. The address I am shipping it to might be a forwarding company, though The Sheraton is a hotel. I sold the item for a good price and don't want to cancel it, plus he might open a case and/0r leave negative feedback. I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm guessing that the address on the third line is too long. I think maybe you could chop that down to just "The Sheraton Hotel, Corner of 53rd Street"

1st World Complaint here but eBay just raised my listing from 160 to 280. I have a hard time getting to 160, no idea how they expect me to get to 280. -_-

New York City addresses are occasionally insane. Like labeling things down to "3rd room from north east-most corner, near south side building, 4th floor, mid-level..." Just wacky-ass shit.

Shit that makes no sense to anyone who doesn't live there. Try shipping via PayPal or USPS.com. Sometimes you can fudge stuff into 2 address lines.

How do open a case with a seller who never sent you the item or rather they sent it to the wrong address? I ordered this thing at the end of December, got a message from them after 2 weeks saying there was an accident with the freight and it might take a few extra days to get to me (true or not don't care, I said ok) then waited the entire month of January since I know the mail can be weird at times and now here in February I'm just going with my initial assumption I'm never seeing it so I've been trying to contact the seller but they ignore my messages. I should note the tracking updated but it's saying it was delivered to an address that's not even in my state. When I go to the resolution center it just tells me the tracking says it was delivered so contact the seller but as I said they aren't responding.

I don't see any options on the My eBay screen for that item to open a case, request a refund, etc so how do I go about doing this?

EDIT: Ok, I forgot about the Paypal claims. I just filed one but they automatically closed it saying the seller provided tracking (I used the reason that I have not received the item and have tried contacting them through eBay first) so the investigation was ended automatically. So what the fuck do I do now? All they have to do is look at the damn tracking and see it was never delivered to my address but their automation process apparently doesn't care. I don't want to risk getting into shit filing another claim immediately but I don't want to be screwed out of money.
Try this:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sr?search=1&query=1738&popularTool=true&st=0&popularToolName=I+didn%27t+receive+my+item

Click on the Open a Request button.

Two items I sold were damaged in shipping.

One doesn't bother me too much because it is a media item that is low cost and I have replenishment for.

THE OTHER
Was a PC game I sold for nearly $50 in a auction and the guy is trying to attempt to return it....because he says the disc is cracked.

How could just the disc crack in shipping anyway? He is very vague in his messages too and takes forever to respond. I really hope I don't get burned even though eBay always sides with the buyer right? I still loose my money?

I love how eBay's product listing for the Hentai Prince anime is in their DVD section, but they just removed my listing because it's considered "Adult Material."

Though I can sell Queen's Blade just fine.

Well this is just so damn fucking great! I cannot access any regular features on eBay mobile anymore. Trying to go to any page other than the Watching page automatically redirects you to the mobile site, which is fucking useless! I can't print off any shipping labels this way. I only have a desktop computer, and my printer is wireless only, so the only way I can print is by using my phone. But now I can't even do that! fucking eBay!

Can anyone recommend a free software to help keep track of sales.

I know I could download the sales report from paypal or something, but I use to use outright.com and it was nice to see monthly sales right on a graph and it would just update automatically.

Outright is now a paid service, so if anyone knows of another good one that would be quite awesome.

Two items I sold were damaged in shipping.

One doesn't bother me too much because it is a media item that is low cost and I have replenishment for.

THE OTHER
Was a PC game I sold for nearly $50 in a auction and the guy is trying to attempt to return it....because he says the disc is cracked.

How could just the disc crack in shipping anyway? He is very vague in his messages too and takes forever to respond. I really hope I don't get burned even though eBay always sides with the buyer right? I still loose my money?
If it was packed well, it's very unlikely the disc would have cracked. The probably have buyer's remorse. Unfortunately, if you don't accept the return and they open up a not as described case it is almost certain they will win the dispute. Was it insured? I know it won't help for this situation but now on any items I sell that are $50 or up (except large items), go Priority Mail. It's a few dollars more than first class without insurance but I can use their box and know if the game gets damaged I am covered.

sold an old macbook pro today, but the payment is under review and the buyer is unverified. We'll see, but Im obviously already a little on the paranoid side. 

sold an old macbook pro today, but the payment is under review and the buyer is unverified. We'll see, but Im obviously already a little on the paranoid side.
The review will take at most 24 hours. These are typically triggered by activity that is not normal for the account holder... that doesn't mean it's fraud it just means they either have a new(er) account or this is the first time they purchased an expensive item.

Make sure you get the e-mail that says "review complete... okay to ship" and then log into your PayPal account and make sure the funds are there (a long time ago their was a scam where people would send fake "okay to ship e-mails" to the sellers).

Assuming the review goes through you will have full seller protection and you'll just need to follow standard policies at that point (i.e. ONLY send it to the address on the PayPal invoice; Use signature confirmation if over $750; etc.)

This is going to be a stupid question, but how do I view attachments in Messages?

A seller sent me a picture of an item in a Message and it has the Attachment icon on the list, but nowhere in the Message is there an option to view or download said image.

Sold a game on ebay, and immediately after they told me they used the wrong checking account with Paypal that had no money on it. They wanted to cancel the order, update payment information, and reorder. Since they had no money in the account, the original order came as an echeck. I said ok. So we cancelled the order via ebay, I went to Paypal and refunded there, and then made another listing, and they bought it again with new payment information and it went through.

Like a month later, the guy is firing me up non-stop. Like every friggin day. Blaming me for him getting an overdraft charge from his bank for the initial order and saying I didn't cancel the order properly. I'm like dude what the hell, I sent you an order cancellation. You agreed. I sent a refund via Paypal. Not much else I can do. That's on you for placing an order on an account you had no money on. I told him to contact his bank.

I didn't hear from him for a week, and I thought it was over. Messages me today "Will you please cancel the original order correctly already? I contacted me bank and they said it's up to you."

I was like there isn't even an option to cancel it anymore under ebay's drop down menu, since it's already cancelled!

Goodness, this is annoying

If it was packed well, it's very unlikely the disc would have cracked. The probably have buyer's remorse. Unfortunately, if you don't accept the return and they open up a not as described case it is almost certain they will win the dispute. Was it insured? I know it won't help for this situation but now on any items I sell that are $50 or up (except large items), go Priority Mail. It's a few dollars more than first class without insurance but I can use their box and know if the game gets damaged I am covered.
I talked to eBay and they told me that when I purchase shipping labels on their website the packages are insured. I just....I have no idea how the disc could have cracked there is no way the guy is being very shifty with response . He said he can textme a photo but has no way of uploading it onlin . Seems strange for someone that bought a 12 year old used PC game for $50.

Make sure you get the e-mail that says "review complete... okay to ship" and then log into your PayPal account and make sure the funds are there (a long time ago their was a scam where people would send fake "okay to ship e-mails" to the sellers).
Jeez, I never verify that the funds are in Paypal. I know that's so stupid to do so I was planning to start now, but as long as eBay says they are and that I should ship it, I do. As long as eBay says I've been paid, I have for sure, right?

Jeez, I never verify that the funds are in Paypal. I know that's so stupid to do so I was planning to start now, but as long as eBay says they are and that I should ship it, I do. As long as eBay says I've been paid, I have for sure, right?
Yikes. I don't even ship until the money has been transferred from PayPal to my bank.

Don't worry. I handle a lot of sales and the only time I ever check are when I receive payment via eCheck or if it is a payment review. There are enough checks and balances that you don't really need to waste time checking each and every sale. I mean look at it like this:

A sale is made and you receive an e-mail from eBay stating the sale was made and PayPal stating you received the funds

If the above is legit the item will show up under the "awaiting shipment" section of your eBay account. If you didn't receive payment then it will show up under the "awaiting payment" section.

In all my sales I have never seen (and I am guessing it would be impossible) an item show up under "awaiting shipment" if payment wasn't received UNLESS as the seller you manually mark "payment received".

The biggest reasons I check my PP account on eCheck and Review payments is to also make sure they are eligible for seller protection.

Don't worry. I handle a lot of sales and the only time I ever check are when I receive payment via eCheck or if it is a payment review. There are enough checks and balances that you don't really need to waste time checking each and every sale. I mean look at it like this:

A sale is made and you receive an e-mail from eBay stating the sale was made and PayPal stating you received the funds

If the above is legit the item will show up under the "awaiting shipment" section of your eBay account. If you didn't receive payment then it will show up under the "awaiting payment" section.

In all my sales I have never seen (and I am guessing it would be impossible) an item show up under "awaiting shipment" if payment wasn't received UNLESS as the seller you manually mark "payment received".

The biggest reasons I check my PP account on eCheck and Review payments is to also make sure they are eligible for seller protection.
Yeah, I always thought of it like that. The main reason I don't really like looking at my PayPal too much is because it always angers me how much they take from me in fees. I always trusted eBay not to mess it up and tell me to ship something if the payment did not clear. Thanks,

I'm guessing that the address on the third line is too long. I think maybe you could chop that down to just "The Sheraton Hotel, Corner of 53rd Street"

New York City addresses are occasionally insane. Like labeling things down to "3rd room from north east-most corner, near south side building, 4th floor, mid-level..." Just wacky-ass shit.

Shit that makes no sense to anyone who doesn't live there. Try shipping via PayPal or USPS.com. Sometimes you can fudge stuff into 2 address lines.
Thanks so much, you two. I tried that and it worked.

Well this is just so damn fucking great! I cannot access any regular features on eBay mobile anymore. Trying to go to any page other than the Watching page automatically redirects you to the mobile site, which is fucking useless! I can't print off any shipping labels this way. I only have a desktop computer, and my printer is wireless only, so the only way I can print is by using my phone. But now I can't even do that! fucking eBay!
It's working now. Guess it was just an error. I thought they were doing it on purpose and that it was a way for eBay to push their mobile app which I will never get.

I've had pretty good luck on ebay through the years, until today it seems.

I ended up with an extra cowboy bebop amazon LE, when they came back in stock for a bit.  I thought about keeping it sealed and in my collection, but when cleaning stuff out, I figured I'd go ahead and sell it, and make a little money back.  I put it up on ebay, and a guy from california messaged me asking "if all the corners were in good shape, non rounded, etc. and if I would send it in a box with bubblewrap instead of a bubblemailer"  I sent him one back saying "Yes, it's in new condition, sealed, and corners in good shape, and I would send it in a box with bubble packaging inside it".   So he buys it a day later.

Now flash foward to today, I get a dispute from him saying [SIZE=10.5pt]Hello I just received the bluray, and the corner was not like what you described. They had damage to it and the black color was wear off on some of the corners. Can I please send it back for a refund. Thanks". [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So I have sent him a message back saying I can't do a refund if he opened it cause that kills all value, and that I have pictures showing the item with no damage,  so just waiting to see what he comes back with now.  I probably should have cancelled the sell when he was being very picky on the corners, but that's my fault. Of course I know ebay will side with the buyer no matter what, even when I have listed no refunds and have pictures, but eh.  Guess I gotta have a rough time sometime.  I do have USPS insurance on it though, I wonder if I can file a claim on that, if he actually does send it back to me.[/SIZE]

I ended up with an extra cowboy bebop amazon LE, when they came back in stock for a bit. I thought about keeping it sealed and in my collection, but when cleaning stuff out, I figured I'd go ahead and sell it, and make a little money back. I put it up on ebay, and a guy from california messaged me asking "if all the corners were in good shape, non rounded, etc. and if I would send it in a box with bubblewrap instead of a bubblemailer" I sent him one back saying "Yes, it's in new condition, sealed, and corners in good shape, and I would send it in a box with bubble packaging inside it". So he buys it a day later.

Now flash foward to today, I get a dispute from him saying [SIZE=10.5pt]Hello I just received the bluray, and the corner was not like what you described. They had damage to it and the black color was wear off on some of the corners. Can I please send it back for a refund. Thanks". [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So I have sent him a message back saying I can't do a refund if he opened it cause that kills all value, and that I have pictures showing the item with no damage, so just waiting to see what he comes back with now. I probably should have cancelled the sell when he was being very picky on the corners, but that's my fault. Of course I know ebay will side with the buyer no matter what, even when I have listed no refunds and have pictures, but eh. Guess I gotta have a rough time sometime. I do have USPS insurance on it though, I wonder if I can file a claim on that, if he actually does send it back to me.[/SIZE]
Why the heck would he have opened it if he was upset with the condition it came in?

I ended up with an extra cowboy bebop amazon LE, when they came back in stock for a bit. I thought about keeping it sealed and in my collection, but when cleaning stuff out, I figured I'd go ahead and sell it, and make a little money back. I put it up on ebay, and a guy from california messaged me asking "if all the corners were in good shape, non rounded, etc. and if I would send it in a box with bubblewrap instead of a bubblemailer" I sent him one back saying "Yes, it's in new condition, sealed, and corners in good shape, and I would send it in a box with bubble packaging inside it". So he buys it a day later.

Now flash foward to today, I get a dispute from him saying [SIZE=10.5pt]Hello I just received the bluray, and the corner was not like what you described. They had damage to it and the black color was wear off on some of the corners. Can I please send it back for a refund. Thanks". [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So I have sent him a message back saying I can't do a refund if he opened it cause that kills all value, and that I have pictures showing the item with no damage, so just waiting to see what he comes back with now. I probably should have cancelled the sell when he was being very picky on the corners, but that's my fault. Of course I know ebay will side with the buyer no matter what, even when I have listed no refunds and have pictures, but eh. Guess I gotta have a rough time sometime. I do have USPS insurance on it though, I wonder if I can file a claim on that, if he actually does send it back to me.[/SIZE]
Are you sure it was opened?

bread's done
Back