The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

So almost every professional gets nerfed, but the Warrior remains the same. They can hit over 100k with Hundred Blades and obviously they wear heavy armor as well as having a solid base health and defense. It feels like the guy in charge of balancing (who plays a main Warrior) is purposely leaving out his favorite class for the benefits of Warriors.

You can't tell me that Warriors, who are the most common class, have a tough time making strong builds that are tough to battle. They excel at hitting stationary targets, sure, but even with movement they can chase you down and use Longbows as well.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']They can hit over 100k with Hundred Blades[/QUOTE]
I think you've got an extra 0 in there. Unless there's some major exploit I don't know about, there's no way HB can get that high. I think my personal best if every hit crit was ~15k. I should really FRAPS what they're capable of in PvP though, because if you crit and proc sigil of rage off your first swing (ideally bull charge) they will die in under a second before they even get up from the knockdown. That to me is extreme cheese and totally broken. Luckily, hardly anyone has figured it out yet.

What's hilarious is I was giving advice the other day and people were saying the proc rate on sigil of rage is garbage, get earth or some other nonsense. So many droolcups in this game don't even have a clue lol. No wonder I never die unless zerged by nonfactors.

So how was every class nerfed again? Thief had pistol whip damage nerfed, but I've never used sword anyway.

So not to troll, But am I totally crazy for thinking of getting WoW upgraded to Pandaria and playing that as well as GW2? >.> It's not like I have a shortage of games, but It'd be a decent time sink anyway.

[quote name='Bios Element']So not to troll, But am I totally crazy for thinking of getting WoW upgraded to Pandaria and playing that as well as GW2? >.> It's not like I have a shortage of games, but It'd be a decent time sink anyway.[/QUOTE]
That's a lot of gaming time. So yeah, I'd think you to be crazy.

[quote name='Jodou']I think you've got an extra 0 in there. Unless there's some major exploit I don't know about, there's no way HB can get that high. I think my personal best if every hit crit was ~15k. I should really FRAPS what they're capable of in PvP though, because if you crit and proc sigil of rage off your first swing (ideally bull charge) they will die in under a second before they even get up from the knockdown. That to me is extreme cheese and totally broken. Luckily, hardly anyone has figured it out yet.

What's hilarious is I was giving advice the other day and people were saying the proc rate on sigil of rage is garbage, get earth or some other nonsense. So many droolcups in this game don't even have a clue lol. No wonder I never die unless zerged by nonfactors.

So how was every class nerfed again? Thief had pistol whip damage nerfed, but I've never used sword anyway.[/QUOTE]

A lot of recharge rates for the other classes were upped, particularly Guardians and Mesmers. Rangers also had their Crossfire speed reduced and while it isn't making a huge difference, it is truly slightly slower. In addition to the Pistol Whip damage reduction.

Also:

lol_warriors.jpg

Lol, whoever that is cleaved a rat on the ground. The number in the background shows exactly what I'd expect: 10k after finishing HB.
[quote name='Bios Element']So not to troll, But am I totally crazy for thinking of getting WoW upgraded to Pandaria and playing that as well as GW2? >.> It's not like I have a shortage of games, but It'd be a decent time sink anyway.[/QUOTE]You're not crazy. GW2 is one of those games you play for a few hours and log. It has no staying power unless you're leveling or grinding for a certain aesthetic on gear. WvW is a failure in my eyes because zergs win, not skill.

WoW on the other hand provides that carrot on a stick; there's always something to do/grind. If you're into raiding, you really can't beat the content WoW offers purely from a polish perspective. It does get old after a while, but as far as things to do at endgame are concerned, WoW has 8 years of experience behind it. And it shows.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, whoever that is cleaved a rat on the ground. The number in the background shows exactly what I'd expect: 10k after finishing HB.
[/QUOTE]

Possible. But, even still, who's to say that hitting over 10k with a single attack is something that is totally fair? Sure, you can say that Warriors can be beaten if you know how to dodge but their recharge rates are lower than your regeneration of your dodging ability, so at some point they end up breaking you down.

Warriors are easily spammable. Just like when Thieves had uber-powerful heartseeker. Very commonly used (far too common) tactics and certain attacks used time and time again by everyone who has success with the class suggests some problems with balancing.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Possible. But, even still, who's to say that hitting over 10k with a single attack is something that is totally fair? Sure, you can say that Warriors can be beaten if you know how to dodge but their recharge rates are lower than your regeneration of your dodging ability, so at some point they end up breaking you down.

Warriors are easily spammable. Just like when Thieves had uber-powerful heartseeker. Very commonly used (far too common) tactics and certain attacks used time and time again by everyone who has success with the class suggests some problems with balancing.[/QUOTE]
First of all, balancing in this game is awful, so you're preaching to the choir lol. Second, HB shows the accrued damage as one number, so that 10k came after standing there for 5 seconds; not a single attack. Warriors also have nothing to kill anyone with but HB, so to say they're spammable is by design; really, really bad design. I had a warrior try to quickness burst me down today and I shadowstepped away, then back to which they had nothing left. Everything else for GS is meant for gap closing (or running), but when I'm stabbing you in the face and HB is on CD, all you can do is watch the timer or run (you'll only die tired).

They're one-trick ponies and if you take that away, it's GG. Try playing one to 80 before complaining because quite honestly they play pretty terrible outside of the cheese move.

There is a reason Warriors and Guardians make up the vast majority of the population of mains out there, particularly when you're talking about PvP. Now I'll admit WvW is is a different story, and you see a lot more ranged classes since melee classes do suck in WvW, but I'm talking about PvP for the most part.

Why they nerfed Mesmers I have no idea. Sure they're probably the best class 1v1 in PvP but I'm sure they could've found a better solution than nerfing Chaos Storm and half of the illusions. Which to me are more PvE oriented skills.

I personally don't use illusions as a main source of offense, but Chaos Storm, was by far the most versatile and probably the best weapon skill Mesmer's had. I think they nerfed Chaos storm because they wanted to see more use out of the buffed chaos armor. But what the hell do I know.

They nerfed the Mesmers because they were able to launch out, and mantain, a ton of illusions for fairly long periods of time. Granted it only takes a sharp eye to spot and murder the real Mesmer, but in the midst of battle it can be difficult to tell the real from the fake. By the time you killed their illusions, more were ready to go...that's almost like Retaliation for the whole match (on a much less serious scale obviously). My point being though, you aren't supposed to have something lasting for about the same amount of time that it takes to recharge.

Current price on Naegling materials is 9g 10s if you just straight up buy them.
Current lowest price'd one on the market is 17g.
Current highest offer on one is 14g.

And the rich get richer :cool:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']They nerfed the Mesmers because they were able to launch out, and mantain, a ton of illusions for fairly long periods of time. Granted it only takes a sharp eye to spot and murder the real Mesmer, but in the midst of battle it can be difficult to tell the real from the fake. By the time you killed their illusions, more were ready to go...that's almost like Retaliation for the whole match (on a much less serious scale obviously). My point being though, you aren't supposed to have something lasting for about the same amount of time that it takes to recharge.[/QUOTE]
You're talking about clones. Which they didn't touch at all... Phantasms are pink/purple and there's no way a person should mistake one for the caster. Illusions don't even have that much health, especially with Signet of Illusions not working as it's supposed to. This system definitely lends itself to PvP, but is horrible in PvE. The nerf to the phantasms nerfs both aspects instead of just PvP.

The fact is that you have to spend time shuffling through a million phantoms/illusions/cardboard cutouts, whatever...before you can hit the real one. I agree that most of the things Mesmers can output aren't confused with the real thing but they do some damage, force you to keep shifting through targets until you hit the real one and basically just keep pestering you.

Of course, I don't agree with a nerf on Mesmer abilties when a Warrior can still burst you to death. I don't know if Thieves still can, but even after heartseeker they were still able to burst massive numbers.

LOL at nerfing the Ranger Crossfire attack speed though. It is noticeable too, since I struggle to get 10 stacks of bleed in PvE now when before I could get 11-12 consistently. You know what happens when a Ranger "bursts"? He does 5k damage and is a sitting duck waiting for death. :rofl:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You know what happens when a Ranger "bursts"? He does 5k damage and is a sitting duck waiting for death. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, rangers are a joke for burst because the damage just isn't there. They're only really useful on ramparts and keeping attackers from getting away so they actually die. Thief still does fine 1v1, even against warrior since we have so many ways to slip out of the HB noose. I prefer actually having to work for my kills as well. Will be funny when they do nerf warriors to the ground and they have to learn2play.

Warriors will get some nerfs at some point, due to mass complaints, but I doubt they will be brought down to the level of some of the other classes. I hear insane things about rifle Warriors and they don't even have positional requirements to bleed as well. Why is a Warrior better at melee than almost everybody (perhaps the Thief is the exception) AND better than the Ranger at longer ranges with the rifle vs. the bows? :rofl:

I am interested in playing this game heres my pc specs

AMD Phenom 9650 Quad 2.3 GHZ
6 GB DDR2 Ram
Geforce Gt 430 1.0 GB Vram

I was just curious if I would be able to run this game smoothly at a low-medium setting before I plunk down the cash if anyone else has a pc similar to these specs.

^ I went to system requirements lab and I meet the minimum specs but I don't meet the recommended GPU specs, I know sometimes games chug if you don't meet the requirements.

If you don't meet all the requirements I would be willing to bet that you are not going to be able to run it. Maybe you can load it, but it may run at 15fps. Anything less then 30 is basically unplayable

had two nice drops from the forge today
an emberspire (easy 3g) and a piece of the aidan's armor set. its currently the cheapest listed at 17g :cool:

we'll see if it sells...

Fun in mapchat:
WARNING[customspoiler=NSFW]
gw164.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I won't post the front pic cuz. . .she has gash. ;) Pretty hilarious Anet has modeled females that in depth and this is what happens when a piece of uniform clothing is given no graphic. Got so many tells for horny nerds asking where I got the pants after linking that rofl.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']:rofl: I can't believe that they overlooked pants being entirely invisible. Very funny, and I bet the price of those pants is going to skyrocket.[/QUOTE]
My understanding is it's part of the pirate outfit that's currently on sale in the gem store and I haven't actually bought it to confirm, but it's still hilarious.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']So that is the preview of the pants?[/QUOTE]
It's a preview of 'Pirate Leggings' and I got the link code from GW2DB. Looking again, I actually don't think it's from that set at all since that's the pirate captain's set. I'm thinking now it's just an item datamined and only intended for use on NPC models, hence the missing graphic in the preview window. At any rate, I've never seen a player running around naked so that's likely the case.

Halloween event is ok, but the real action is in the costume brawling. Such good PvP killing players (well, incapping them anyways) from your own server, the way every game should be IMO. Record so far is 21 retired before being knocked out. Don't understand why they have a stupid title for carving 150 pumpkins, but none for brawling. This is a PvP game, right? [customspoiler=Happy Halloween]
gw167.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Halloween has been very profitable for me.

Finally got to dump the 7k Black Lion Chests I had stocked up.
Sold the 1k Sugar Pumpkins I had before the event hit.
Mined a few stacks of Candy Corn in WvW on a few characters the first night and sold for about 40-50c each.
Played the Mystic Coin market.
And the 10k gems I had been purchasing almost tripled in price so I decide to sell. Hopefully the dip quite a bit before Christmas where I suspect the same thing will happen.

I will be unloading my BLC chests...possibly...I don't have a use for them (I used two keys and got zilch out of both) but I'm sure there will be a ton of chests on the market so I don't know if I can get mine to sell.

The gem pricing change has been massive though.

MSI finally sent me a replacement graphics card. Looks brand new (with a new retail box and everything included), but I think it might be a refurb since the casing for the fan has 2 deep scratches on the side + it looks like they put a new sticker over another sticker (not the sn) on the card. O'well it seems to be working fine for now and no more black screen crashes.

Anyhow, was able to get in on the Halloween event right when it started. Farmed the crap out of those Halloween Doors that never went away. Sold the trick or treat bags for 6s each, then 4s, then 2s. Made around 6-7g that night so I was happy.

Can't believe how high the exchange rate went though. I remember buying gems when they were 25s and 35s, then now earlier this week it went as high as around 1g50s and around 80s yesterday. Man, I really wished I bought some more bank slots before I sent in my card.

I'm new to the thread and relatively new to the game.

Is there no CAG guild?

What's a good server full of friendly people? I don't really care about WvW standing, and I'm not looking to do any serious, WoW-style hardcore group stuff.

There aren't any specifically "good" servers. Some are better at WvW than others but as far as friendly people, you're likely to find a couple on every server.

Yea I think every server has one or two big guilds which works out well for finding groups.

I'm personally on Darkhaven and the wilds seem a bit scarce apart from the dungeon zones and the level 80 areas. I can get a party pretty easily with friends/guild members but if you didn't have that and wanted to party it might be difficult.

As far as WvW goes we've been climbing the ranks quite quickly and have developed a reputation as a "night cap" server. So depending on your play time you might want to find a server/guild that is active at the same time as you are. Darkhaven seems to be most active 7pm PST and later.

Plus, when it comes to dungeons you can party with anyone from any server (as long as its in your same region NA/EU etc.)

Checked out the Mad King dungeon the other day; basically the 'Onyxia' of GW2 right now. Supposedly the chest drops exotics but from the 3 runs I did on different characters I never got any. Still, he's a walking loot bag plus the chest at the end for 5-10 mins of work isn't bad. Pretty nice if you're still into GW2 but I've moved on to WoW at this point.

The event going on right now is pretty silly: play simon says until MK takes off and leaves a chest behind. You get a witch's hat for your efforts, which is slightly different than the gem store purchased one. Also, Blackgate has been beating Stormbluff all week apparently and we're in first place lol. I'd blame the storm out east but it goes both ways. Either way, my prediction came true of guilds dropping off after getting bored of winning.

They're going to need more than Halloween events to keep the game going I'm afraid.

This Halloween act is the poorest of them all, without a doubt. Not only does the Mad King only spawn every 30 minutes/1 hour (I don't know for sure), but in reality the whole "act" is basically just a way to get everyone to group together in Lion's Arch. It is pretty boring there actually.

Seems pretty good to me. In GW1 you'd just hang around with the appropriate item in your inventory at the right time, the NPC would give a speech, and you'd get your hat. Actually having to do something is cool and the simon says mini game is pretty fun.

I just want the hat. :) What kind of hat is it? I hate hanging around Lion's Arch, though. The frame rate is awful, and I have to sit in the overflow for ages.

bread's done
Back