The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

[quote name='Genocidal']ANet has said they're looking into a way to reward people that had crashing/disconnect issues.[/QUOTE]

Whatever that means, though. :) How will I find out? How will I prove I deserve it? How will they know?

(Rhetocial questions)

Another: How come I'm typing in black font on a black background? must be something to do with my crappy work computer :) Can't seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

They should just use the same algorithm they used for the chest after the event. How can they be sure people who claim to have been there actually were tho? Maybe they're researching this right now. Or maybe they'll just give everyone 20 slot bags heh.

I imagine it would be more of a server(s) wide type of thing, since I doubt they would put much effort into figuring out who exactly got DC'd during the event, which is likely not even possible anyway. Wintersday is coming soon as well, so they will be putting focus on that.

They'll have to give something to absolutely everyone then. :) I wonder what they'll do.

Wintersday! I have to say, I do enjoy these events and things. I knwo they are buggy and things go wrong, and it stinks to spend 3 hours and get no reward, but I still think it's all pretty cool and fun. You get a hell of a lot of content for your $60 game purchase (or whatever one pays--there were better deals out there). All this extra stuff without actually having to buy an expansion (though I'll definitely be buying the expansions).

Anyone know if anyone that wants GW2? I won a key to the game. I haven't created an account, will looking for $20 Paypal or Amazon GC or $20 PSN card.

anyone here expand their bank slots or bag slots? Thinking about buying a gem card to do so. Also I may be missing something but it seems like my appearance never changes when I find new gear, is the only way to look different is to buy the outfits via gem store?

Went to login today after not playing for about 3 weeks and it says my account is suspended and I can't for the life of me figure out why I've barely played more than 3 or 4 hours of the game. I'm actually kinda pissed off about it.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']anyone here expand their bank slots or bag slots? Thinking about buying a gem card to do so. Also I may be missing something but it seems like my appearance never changes when I find new gear, is the only way to look different is to buy the outfits via gem store?[/QUOTE]

Well you bag slots can be expanded easily with bigger bags, but bank slots and character slots need to be bought with gems I think.

Also, there really aren't that many different kinds of armor looks. Dungeon armors vary from each other decently but as far as armor you find out in the world, you have limited options. Medium armor especially is lacking with basically just "Pirate" and "Swindler" stuff.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']Went to login today after not playing for about 3 weeks and it says my account is suspended and I can't for the life of me figure out why I've barely played more than 3 or 4 hours of the game. I'm actually kinda pissed off about it.[/QUOTE]

I heard there have been some accounts that have been compromised, not sure on how many have though.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Well you bag slots can be expanded easily with bigger bags, but bank slots and character slots need to be bought with gems I think.

Also, there really aren't that many different kinds of armor looks. Dungeon armors vary from each other decently but as far as armor you find out in the world, you have limited options. Medium armor especially is lacking with basically just "Pirate" and "Swindler" stuff.[/QUOTE]

I did some research and saw I can afford and obtain a full Tier 1 set of culture armor. If I use those little stones to reskin my items to look like my culture armor do I still keep my culture armor so I can reskin newer gear to look the same?

[quote name='frostybroc']I heard there have been some accounts that have been compromised, not sure on how many have though.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how it's possible I was using an authenticator.

I paid to double my bank capacity. :/ It's nice to have more space. I'm a hoarder.

I agree, there aren't enough medium armor looks. But yeah, if you find something you like, you can just keep using the transmutation stones every time. It takes one stone and "deletes" both the armors to create a new armor. You choose which of the two to keep stats, upgrades and look from (can chose from either for all three).

Even if you have a good graphics card, this game is pretty processor-intensive. I think my graphics card is okay for it, decent at least, but my processor (and maybe even hard drive!) are a bottleneck. Weird. Games that seem to only use the graphics card and not the processor so much still run pretty well on my system, after three years. Even they have rather long load times, though. I guess I must have a 5400 RPM HDD in here. My next computer is going to be a SSD.

Sorry for the rambly reply with no indications of whom I'm replying to. In a hurry at work :)

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I paid to double my bank capacity. :/ It's nice to have more space. I'm a hoarder.[/QUOTE]

I bought gems with in game gold in that first week, and went crazy on the bank storage. Gem prices have gone up a ton since then, kinda sad I didn't buy more!

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']I did some research and saw I can afford and obtain a full Tier 1 set of culture armor. If I use those little stones to reskin my items to look like my culture armor do I still keep my culture armor so I can reskin newer gear to look the same?[/QUOTE]

Transmutation stones? Yep. You can throw the skin of that set of armor onto the stats of better armor forever. Once you hit level 80 you'll need special Transmutation stones, but you get plenty over time so you shouldn't have a problem.

Yeah, I don't know about back when since I've only been playing the game a few weeks, but gems are really expensive now in gold. I just used Paypal :p

I wonder what it actually costs in real-world money to buy gold in the game (via gems)? I don't see a whole lot of use for gold yet, or at least there isn't that I NEED MONEY panic that I felt in WoW. I would definitely buy some gems if I had a huge surplus of gold, because there are a few outfits I'd like to buy (well, just the pirate outfit).

This game does have a severe lack of variety in armor, and it's lame that you can't craft or buy new town clothing. You can't even buy much with real money! You'd think they'd want as much as possible on the store for people to spend real money on and finance the game.

I'd like to ask a question for any beta/launch vets out there in regards to the upcoming discounts:

Have either account upgrades (character slots, bank space, etc.) or gems themselves ever been discounted? (and I mean just officially through their store not farming and converting currency etc.)

There are supposed to be "deals" in the store Friday-Sunday. I hope they're Steam-style super deals. I don't know what they'd be on, but I'd be interested in like a cheap pirate outfit and some keys and things for the Lion chests.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']anyone here expand their bank slots or bag slots? Thinking about buying a gem card to do so. Also I may be missing something but it seems like my appearance never changes when I find new gear, is the only way to look different is to buy the outfits via gem store?[/QUOTE]
I never saw a reason to. Just fill up on 15 slot bags and you'll be fine; sell everything else on the AH soon as you get it. The look of gear is pretty awful until about 25 when the art finally picks up. I wouldn't spend any RL cash on their shop TBH; just save up gold and buy the gems that way. Gold has absolutely no use ingame except buying on the AH and travel. Unless you're leveling a tradeskill, chances are there's nothing on the AH you need either. I ended up buying some racial armor for 25g because I had nothing better to spend it on.

I don't seem to be able to find "Riveted" armor set. I believe it is a Karma-bought set. I haven't seen "Commando" armor either. Both of them intrigue me a lot but I can't find them.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I don't seem to be able to find "Riveted" armor set. I believe it is a Karma-bought set. I haven't seen "Commando" armor either. Both of them intrigue me a lot but I can't find them.[/QUOTE]
Riveted should be in the Iron Marches at a heart dude, Helo Murkhaunt. I say this because the item description has a quote from him and the other items available include a trinket referencing the battle of Granite Front, so I'd check the heart guys around there.

Commando is via story rewards only.

Story rewards only, eh? Hmm...

Thanks for the tip on the Riveted armor though. I don't know where the Iron Marches is - despite being a level 80 - but I'm sure I will find it. :rofl:

Found this blog post surfing through the GW2Guru boards. Pretty good stuff for someone new to the game. Been running through other low areas for Skill points, karma, and xp.

Hoping someone can answer this here,

Ive seen many people talk about specific armor sets for their "look" once they get to 80 or so, Is there a way to "transfer" a style of armor to your current armor set? DCUO does something like this.

Yup, you can use transmutation stones for that. You need two pieces of armor and a stone (you can do this at any level). You get a screen showing both pieces, and you choose one look, one set of stats, and one set of modifications from amongst the attributes of the two pieces. In the process, both pieces are destroyed and a new piece is born.

If that makes sense... almost have to do it to understand it.

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']I spent 7.9 gold I earned on Tier 2 Cultrual Armor and then found out I could have bought Level 80 Vigil Armor for like 1 gold more. Woe is me.[/QUOTE]

There are a ton of gold sinks and things that make you feel stupid in this game when it comes to money. Lots of ways to lose it and the prices on the auction house are allll over the place when it comes to items.

After a 1.5gig patch, I was sorry I even logged on for the event. I grabbed a pug to do the dungeon and we ran around for 15 minutes filling some sludge machines that would reset every time we filled one or the other. The quest tracker offered no help other than two meters for each machine, so we gave up trying to guess what to do. Could've googled it but when I have to be told how to do content by someone other than the designers, then I'd rather just log.

At least LA looked nice. . .

[quote name='Jodou']After a 1.5gig patch, I was sorry I even logged on for the event. I grabbed a pug to do the dungeon and we ran around for 15 minutes filling some sludge machines that would reset every time we filled one or the other. The quest tracker offered no help other than two meters for each machine, so we gave up trying to guess what to do. Could've googled it but when I have to be told how to do content by someone other than the designers, then I'd rather just log.

At least LA looked nice. . .[/QUOTE]

If you spent a minute on observing what was happening...

(some things can't be spoon fed to poeple).

You had to gum up the machines on both sides, while skritt were removing the gunk from the machines.

You beat tar, pick up the goop and drop it, while killing skritt.

maybe since there are a lot of "you" they completely removed the interesting thing from all future dungeon spawns.

If you couldn't figure out how to work the sludge portion of the Tixx dungeon, that is on you. I didn't see many people having that problem.

Also, like I said you go in being a downer. You don't expect or anticipate anything decent. You've obviously got no interest in the game, so stop playing it.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']If you couldn't figure out how to work the sludge portion of the Tixx dungeon, that is on you. I didn't see many people having that problem.

Also, like I said you go in being a downer. You don't expect or anticipate anything decent. You've obviously got no interest in the game, so stop playing it.[/QUOTE]
My group and I were all clueless; I even asked what to do and they said just put the sludge in the machine. One guy even said he didn't know why it wasn't working, because he had done it earlier no problem. Then people just started leaving group until I was alone. Had no trouble with the Halloween dungeon, so it seemed to me people just wanted to be carried (myself included, probably because we were all just logging in for the event after months lol) and since I had no real interest I just logged.

At any rate, I went in with no expectations and was disappointed, that's all.

Logged in yesterday and noticed they finally put the Digital Deluxe Upgrade on sale for 1600 Gems ~ $20. If it was $10 I would've bought it, but glad to finally see it on sale.

[quote name='Jodou']My group and I were all clueless; I even asked what to do and they said just put the sludge in the machine. One guy even said he didn't know why it wasn't working, because he had done it earlier no problem. Then people just started leaving group until I was alone. Had no trouble with the Halloween dungeon, so it seemed to me people just wanted to be carried (myself included, probably because we were all just logging in for the event after months lol) and since I had no real interest I just logged.

At any rate, I went in with no expectations and was disappointed, that's all.[/QUOTE]

you went in to be spoon fed, and as soon at it came to some reading and map comprehension, you just failed yourself. not the game.

And you gave up on only the first try? :roll:

[quote name='crystalklear64']sale in the store 4th, 5th, 6th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I missed the first day. Managed to miss the whole winter holiday thing on there, too. :(

nothing for me today. Did I miss anything great yesterday?

The prices for the makeover kit are exorbitant. A new haircut might be fun, but jeez.

I still don't get why they don't offer more armor skins and town clothes and stuff. But I guess if their prices were any indicator, I'd be too cheap to buy them anyway. :)

I did buy more bank slots... and might buy even more eventually.

bread's done
Back