The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a standalone thread due to the low partycade price, but figured i should drop this here, too:

Arcade1up systems are part of the Deal of the Week(?, it's every Tuesday) on Tamron Hall's talk show deal site. Like many talk shows, Tamron Hall has a deals portion of the show. This seems legit to me as it's a highly syndicated daytime emmy award winning tv show produced by ABC with a high profile former news anchor, but I have no experience with it.

The units included are Ms Pacman Partycade, Super Pacman Partycade, Ms Pacman Countercade, Super Pacman Countercade (sold out currently), Atari Couchcade and Pacman Couchcade. All are $79 each with free shipping. There's a 10% off coupon code, Welcome10, for signing up for deal alerts if wish to try it and your price will be $71.10.

There's more items than they had on the show that are on the site. I don't know if that means the deals may last thru Tuesday or longer or less, maybe until it sells out?

This is a new segment in the show which started this season of the show which explains why the website is new and thus is the first time it included anything gaming related. I don't generally trust new websites, but considering it links directly from The Tamron Hall Show's main website and is part of her show it should be legit.

And, yes I posted this on SD first. I came here first, but I've had trouble getting my password reset for the last day so i posted it there so it could help somewhere.

https://shoptamfam.c...tions/arcade1up

Still waiting on a big sale on one of the MK machines.  (since found out about the 199 MK machine at walmart too lte and missed.  Makes me not want to pay much more than that.

That's exactly what I plan on doing but got it for $255 + free shipping. No brainer at that point.
Don't think I could still pull the trigger at $255 just because I know the size/quality of these things. It would be more of a decoration for me but that's just more than I want to pay for a decoration lol.

I bought one for that price earlier today. I was checking my local Sam's Club almost every week since January when I saw others got them on clearance. When asked if they  going to mark them down too, they claimed that they know it's a discontinued item but they are going to keep it at $699.99 because it will sell for the holidays with the new version selling for $729.99. They must have marked it down sometime in the past week or so which I wasn't expecting since putting it on clearance during this time of year goes exactly against what they said they were going to do. 

I'm glad I waited since I was considering ordering an Arcade 1UP Attack From Mars machine instead.

Check your local Sam's - people have found Blitz for $200-$250.
I had bought it for $300 online and was super happy with it. Saw a lot of people getting price matched for much cheaper so figured why not. Did a chat with a picture showing 230 (knowing that there were other people price matching with a picture showing 170 or so). Chat agent told me she’d refund me $150. (I dunno why, I’m not complaining).

So now I paid $150 for it. Put it together and then immediately sold the stool and riser.

So I paid $40 total for it 😂.

Awesome cab. I would have been happy with it at the $300.

I had bought it for $300 online and was super happy with it. Saw a lot of people getting price matched for much cheaper so figured why not. Did a chat with a picture showing 230 (knowing that there were other people price matching with a picture showing 170 or so). Chat agent told me she’d refund me $150. (I dunno why, I’m not complaining).
So now I paid $150 for it. Put it together and then immediately sold the stool and riser.
So I paid $40 total for it .
Awesome cab. I would have been happy with it at the $300.
Ohhhhh that’s a good idea :)

There are Deluxe editions of A1U now. Deluxe just seems to mean a pretend coin slot?
Better screen, better marquee, better audio, little grill covers for the speakers, no riser needed to maintain similar height (still a little taller than previous versions), tilted screens for Pac-Man/Class of '81 to more accurately resemble the arcade units, online leaderboards....

It's way more than a pretend coin slot, although if anyone wants to take a more negative stance you could say "how they should have been in the first place".

They can’t.

AtGames has that trademarked.
If we're comparing quality of these products AtGames is far superior to Arcade1Up, AtGames product is pathetic by comparison, the only thing they have going for them would be the licenses. That's it.

I say this as someone that's owned a Legends Ultimate but also the Centipede, Asteroids, Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat legacy cab. Arcade1Up put out some products that were so poor that I passed them up at $75, just wasn't worth the space.

They can’t.

AtGames has that trademarked.
Here's the thing. AtGames was pretty crappy with its ugly Genesis clones, but I think it's improved with the Legends series. I've got my Legends Pro set up in my computer room, with a flash drive plugged into it for extra games, and I'm pretty happy. I can just stroll in there at any time and play just about any arcade game I want, almost instantly... it's like I have my own arcade, complete with a vertical monitor for shooters.

My beef with Arcade1Up is, in addition to the prices, they're not very expandable. I mean, if you get the Marvel Super Heroes one or the NBA Jam one, you can add games, but those Countercades have a huge footprint. The smaller ones save space, but they play what, five games each? If that? And if you want them to play MORE games, you have to rip out the brains and replace them with a Raspberry Pi or something.

Even the MyArcade cabinet I bought online plays twenty Namco games, and you can shovel in a whole bunch more by hacking it.

Here's the thing. AtGames was pretty crappy with its ugly Genesis clones, but I think it's improved with the Legends series. I've got my Legends Pro set up in my computer room, with a flash drive plugged into it for extra games, and I'm pretty happy. I can just stroll in there at any time and play just about any arcade game I want, almost instantly... it's like I have my own arcade, complete with a vertical monitor for shooters.

My beef with Arcade1Up is, in addition to the prices, they're not very expandable. I mean, if you get the Marvel Super Heroes one or the NBA Jam one, you can add games, but those Countercades have a huge footprint. The smaller ones save space, but they play what, five games each? If that? And if you want them to play MORE games, you have to rip out the brains and replace them with a Raspberry Pi or something.

Even the MyArcade cabinet I bought online plays twenty Namco games, and you can shovel in a whole bunch more by hacking it.
I have the arcade unit, pinball and gamer pro.

The only thing still working is the arcade unit. Which was the first thing I bought back when they first went on sale in fall of 2019.

The AtGamers Gamer Pro is such hot garbage.  I was so excited for that thing but it's unplayable with the input lag it has.  I returned it very quickly.

The AtGamers Gamer Pro is such hot garbage. I was so excited for that thing but it's unplayable with the input lag it has. I returned it very quickly.
I'm not surprised it didn't work out. The way that worked just screamed that it would have a lot of input lag. I initially bought one when they went cheap on walmart.com and returned it a few days later after just looking at it and seeing how colossus it was versus the dual arcade controller I built for my pi 3b setup.

Ultimately I ended up buying nothing in the home arcade side. I think the Pi setup works well enough to scratch the itch as would just hooking a pc up to a tv when I get around to setting up my game room.

I'm not surprised it didn't work out. The way that worked just screamed that it would have a lot of input lag. I initially bought one when they went cheap on walmart.com and returned it a few days later after just looking at it and seeing how colossus it was versus the dual arcade controller I built for my pi 3b setup.

Ultimately I ended up buying nothing in the home arcade side. I think the Pi setup works well enough to scratch the itch as would just hooking a pc up to a tv when I get around to setting up my game room.
Yeah I already had an arcade cab with a CRT and pi in there (now been upgraded to run MAME on windows PC with Hyperspin), and a retro pi setup for my HT. I wanted the atgames to just be able to plug into the TV in our living room to scratch the itch but it couldn't even do that. I got it when it was $100 at Walmart but wouldn't have even kept it if it was free due to input lag. It's not really playable.

Hey guys quick question that you may be able to guide me with. I have been following this thread and looking over reddit for a few years. I really want an arcade cabinet but every time I see people complain about the horrible quality in one way or another. Is there a company that makes really high quality arcade cabs that everyone agrees rock? I don't mind getting something basic and going the mod route to make it great. I just want to be able to play arcade games on an arcade cab whenever. I would like a complete collection I just keep finding conflicting things every time I do search. Is there a great guide out there on high quality cabinets or starter cabs that are the go to then things I can get to make them better like higher quality screens, buttons, sticks and so on? 

Sorry it did not end up being a quick question but I really am just curious and personally don't have access or knowledge that leads me in the right direction. 

Thank you. 

Hey guys quick question that you may be able to guide me with. I have been following this thread and looking over reddit for a few years. I really want an arcade cabinet but every time I see people complain about the horrible quality in one way or another. Is there a company that makes really high quality arcade cabs that everyone agrees rock? I don't mind getting something basic and going the mod route to make it great. I just want to be able to play arcade games on an arcade cab whenever. I would like a complete collection I just keep finding conflicting things every time I do search. Is there a great guide out there on high quality cabinets or starter cabs that are the go to then things I can get to make them better like higher quality screens, buttons, sticks and so on?

Sorry it did not end up being a quick question but I really am just curious and personally don't have access or knowledge that leads me in the right direction.

Thank you.
What's your budget and what's your concern with the @ and 1UP cabs? IMNSHO, the people who are complaining often aren't taking into account what 1UP and @ are charging for these things vs. what they'd cost to do a top of the line cab. And yeah, you're going to get potentially conflicting info and lots of different opinions because you're talking about a pretty niche thing that tends to attract the more passionate and dedicated gamers.

There's plenty of people out there who will make you a cab however you want and there's plenty of guides and even some actual print books that will walk you through how to do it, if you are DIY inclined. The parts are easier than ever to find. I'm not trying to be obtuse, it's just that once you start looking past the more mass market options, there really isn't a "one size fits all (or even most)" solution. I'd recommend starting with a budget, a more specific list of what you actually want and talk to some of the companies who are building these things. Because if you just want to play arcade games on a cabinet, you can hook a decent PC up to an @Games cab and you'll be fine.

Find the Simpsons Arcade1Up cab for cheap. Android based. Can easily add mame, and other apk packs. 4 player controls. Only issue is lack of buttons for some games. Can be modded to make each players start button act as a 3rd button.

Before jumping into the whole cab thing if you have a console that can be modded for this (old og xbox, wii, one of the classic mini consoles) or if you have a pc throw some emulators on there and buy an arcade stick.  Or go the retropi route... or buy one of the small boxes already setup with arcade stuff.   Under $100 and you can be playing these games.

I say this as someone who loves the idea of having a cab at home or a bartop or something and loves revisiting arcade games but after playing a bunch of them I realize I have more of an itch for the occasional play and not the desire to actually have a full cabinet right now.  And I have always kind of wanted my own cab.  Maybe a pc/etc mame cab... or a sega stv or neogeo or something.  But reality is, as cool as that would be I realize I wouldn't play it nearly as much as I think I would.

Alternate to the cheap at games or a1up or even building something, a lot of home leisure based stores will have prebuilt arcade machines with huge libraries of games for fairly reasonable prices.  If you want something to just play, check into that.  Like for me there's a store in Birmingham called Family Leisure that has swing sets, pools, spas, theater seats, pool tables, as well as arcade (and virtual pinball) machines in both full upright at the proper geometry and bartops that look nice.

You also need to clarify what you mean by "high quality".  The best quality cab you will find is a used cab that's been around for decades running a CRT.  Those will require much more tinkering around to get something running in there, but it's oh so worth it.

But if you aren't going to go that route, then there are other alternatives that feel of similar built quality with an LCD in there, you have a few alternatives that you can check out.  Arcade Legends look to be very similar to "real" arcade machines (I've never seen one personally so I'm going from pics) and then the AtGames stuff I'd say is a step lower.  I never used an AtGames cabinet, however the dual joystick stuff I got that hooked to the TV was super laggy input wise.

Dang. Missed the Killer Instinct deal by that much... would've definitely grabbed it to go with my MK and MvC2 cabs. Only collecting fighting cabs.

My KI was canceled and I ordered soon as it went up 🙃. Smdh, one of the only cabinets I truly wanted.

Edit: They sent me $25 eGift card to thier website. fuck imma do with that 😂

A lot of people that had their orders canceled were offered another cabinet in its place. A friend of mine picked Star Wars out of the list they offered. To me that’s an even better deal.

The Killer Instinct Cabinet with stool is on sale at Best Buy for 299. I used certs I saved up and almost got the deal that Arcade1up pulled out from under us on the 15th.

bread's done
Back