The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so confused. I drove out to one of the stores last week that showed it at $150 and when I got there I walked around for 15 minutes hoping it was put in an aisle somewhere with the marked down price. I grabbed one of the employees and he told me they haven't had a Street Fighter in weeks, but they had plenty of the PacMan for $150 (sorry, I'm not really interested in PacMan even on sale). BrickSeek still shows it in stock at this store, but now it's for the $75 dollar price. I'm not sure what to do...should I try calling the store in hopes that they found one somewhere in the back?
Brickseek isn’t 100% accurate. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in the back somewhere and they just can’t find it- even though it’s a giant box.

Also try this- if Walmart.com let’s you do in store pickup or a ship to store at that location, do it regardless of the price. When you get there to pickup, show them the in store price and either price match or return/rebuy. Worst case you just cancel the pickup or return it.

Brickseek isn’t 100% accurate. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in the back somewhere and they just can’t find it- even though it’s a giant box.
Yeah, it's hit or miss with Brickseek I feel I have especially bad luck with Wal-Mart. Went to get a Street Fighter for $154 last weekend and they were all out, even had them look in the back. They did have Rampage for $154, Brickseek says it's gone now. I skipped it due to only have limited space for these and not wanting that one all that much. Now I wish I would have gotten it of course.

Picked up 2 Rampages today for $74 each. WM app said they had SF2 also for $74 and even gave a location. I couldn't find it so I asked an employee. They went to speak with someone else and came back and said that everything they had was on the floor. As I was about to leave I decided to check their clearance aisles and found that they had lower the price on a couple of Labo kits for the Switch to $9. Picked up a couple for me and couple for someone else. Now to return the ones I got for $19 last week.

Yeah, it's hit or miss with Brickseek I feel I have especially bad luck with Wal-Mart. Went to get a Street Fighter for $154 last weekend and they were all out, even had them look in the back. They did have Rampage for $154, Brickseek says it's gone now. I skipped it due to only have limited space for these and not wanting that one all that much. Now I wish I would have gotten it of course.

Oddly enough I’ve only once ever had success with brickseek on anything other than the arcade1up. With the arcades. I’m 3 for 3 on $75 cabinet finds.

Saw the Jasper, AL Walmart had the Street Fighter cabinet marked down to $74. Went to get it and found a Rampage for $74. Sweet deals!
My wife went to the Jackson one and got the last SF2 cab, but the Rampage one was sold out.

Space Invaders is another cab that seems to have dropped to $75 in some areas as well.

Hmmm while I don't have much interest in these for me because I am actually converting my real KI2 cabinet into a MAME cabinet, the size of these would be PERFECT for my son who is 4.  I could make another MAME cabinet with one of those too.  I see there is a $75 SF2 not too far from me and it says they have 3-4 in stock.  On brickseek nothing comes back for MK2, but on walmart website it says it's available in store for pickup today, so I wonder if that is also $75.

How big are these boxes?  I'm wondering if they will even fit in my car.

So it seems there are new markdowns of $75 around right??

Has anyone in NY or PA seen clearance cabs? The best I have found is Galaga and Space Invaders for $150. I really really want Final Fight but would buy any cab for $75. Any reports?

Been keeping my eye out for more price drops in my area but they are all stuck at MSRP. Even the one I managed to get on clearance went back up to MSRP at all of the local stores

Really hoping to get my hands on the Street Fighter or Final Fight one

Been keeping my eye out for more price drops in my area but they are all stuck at MSRP. Even the one I managed to get on clearance went back up to MSRP at all of the local stores

Really hoping to get my hands on the Street Fighter or Final Fight one
I'm in the same boat. Just waiting to see if any drop in price around me.

I love the Star Wars one I picked up. Looks great, the controls feel "too new" whenever I played it at the arcade the yoke was so loose. The greatest thing about it for me is that the Ewok song is played when you put in your initials for Return of the Jedi.

Anyone know what happens if you order online for $299 for example, to a store that is out of stock for $75?  Can you then tell them to check the price in store when you pick it up, and it should be the clearance price?  Or do they have something to prevent that?  

Anyone know what happens if you order online for $299 for example, to a store that is out of stock for $75? Can you then tell them to check the price in store when you pick it up, and it should be the clearance price? Or do they have something to prevent that?
Depends on who is working. Worst they can do is say no. I’ve successfully done a pickup/price adjust.

my local wm store (an hour outside of vegas) still has them all at msrp :(

Modded my current SF cab (with an older xeon pc that was lying around) and it works nicely, but would like to convert 1 to MVS (i have 2 MVS motherboards and about 15 carts) and would like a vertical one strictly for vertical shooters... or maybe dedicate 1 to my Macross board?

Yes, the arcade1up cabs may be cheesy and small, but SOOOOOOOO much easier to deal with than the 2 crt based cabs I cannot get up the stairs.

my local wm store (an hour outside of vegas) still has them all at msrp :(

Modded my current SF cab (with an older xeon pc that was lying around) and it works nicely, but would like to convert 1 to MVS (i have 2 MVS motherboards and about 15 carts) and would like a vertical one strictly for vertical shooters... or maybe dedicate 1 to my Macross board?

Yes, the arcade1up cabs may be cheesy and small, but SOOOOOOOO much easier to deal with than the 2 crt based cabs I cannot get up the stairs.
Gut em and put them on a dolly.

I did that last weekend and it made my cabinet probably like 40% lighter with the control panel and monitor out, plus it made it like 1.5" less wide due to control panel, which ended up helping when getting it into my basement stairwell. It was still at least 200 lbs but I put it on a dolly and got it up a couple steps into my kitchen from the garage, then down 3 more steps onto my living room, then down like 10 into the basement. I did have 2 buddies on the other side helping me up/down the steps so I could go super slow down each one, but it really wasn't that difficult.

I thought I lucked out on a MK yesterday. I was visiting family an hour plus from where I live and knew there was a WM nearby. I checked the app for that particular store and they for the MK cab it just said 'See store for price' while all of the other units were MSRP. It was in the aisle so I asked an employee. He found one in the back and dragged it all the way to the register. He scanned it and it was still $299.99. I could've sworn I saw some yellow stickers on it which usually indicate a clearance price. Oh well.

Local walmart had a tmnt cab assembled....pretty slick.  I stood and stared at it for a minute.  Still get the feeling the coolness would wear out too quick to justify the big chunk of change.

Local walmart had a tmnt cab assembled....pretty slick. I stood and stared at it for a minute. Still get the feeling the coolness would wear out too quick to justify the big chunk of change.
Full MSRP is hard to pay for these things for sure. I feel like when I do eventually get one I will end up doing a the RasPi mod to get more out of it. I'd play the games loaded on most of these, but I've played most of these games a lot already over the years.

I have a 2 door coupe so I don't know if that could fit in my car.
I have a 2017 Sentra and I was able to fit them in the back when I put the seats down. TMNT was a little snug because the box is thicker but I was able to manage.

I had to go out of town for work and on the way back stopped at a Wal-Mart 2 hours north of my house. Every single Arcade 1up was $149. They had:

Pac-Man

Street Fighter

Final Fight

MK

Space Invaders

Rampage

Marvel

I'm 100% positive the Marvel wasn't supposed to be grouped into the pile they had because when I got to the register it rang up $299. They said "Was this with all the others?" and I said yes. They said "oh well" and marked it down. 

Mind you this doesn't have the riser or lit marquee but for $149 I'm golden.

I'm 100% positive the Marvel wasn't supposed to be grouped into the pile they had because when I got to the register it rang up $299. They said "Was this with all the others?" and I said yes. They said "oh well" and marked it down.

That's always cool when a store honors stuff like this, as I see wrong labels at my Walmart more often than not, but for most things, a customer may have placed an item back in the wrong spot. I'm sure that didn't happen here, so the F-up was all on their end, so good to see the right thing take place, as their screw up, was your gain. And it's a good chance this may have ended up at this price down the road, so you just got in on it early. LOL

That's always cool when a store honors stuff like this, as I see wrong labels at my Walmart more often than not, but for most things, a customer may have placed an item back in the wrong spot. I'm sure that didn't happen here, so the F-up was all on their end, so good to see the right thing take place, as their screw up, was your gain. And it's a good chance this may have ended up at this price down the road, so you just got in on it early. LOL
They weren't in the electronics section which I found weird, they were in the toy section. You may be right about it eventually dropping to that price, personally I've never seen any machine not in the first wave get a discount like this though.

I'm tempted to drive an hour for a $154 rampage machine. I like that it has three controllers out of the box and the game selection on it is solid. Brickseek reports 2-3 in stock. I just need to find the time

I'm tempted to drive an hour for a $154 rampage machine. I like that it has three controllers out of the box and the game selection on it is solid. Brickseek reports 2-3 in stock. I just need to find the time
That's a call before drive situation for sure, and make sure they hold it for you as well if it's in stock.

I love mine. Be aware though that despite it having 3 controllers Gauntlet is 2 player only.

Don't have much space.  Maybe I could get one. 

Is there anyway to swap out games between machines? 

Watched 1-up's assembly video on youtube.  Seems like the board is attached to the screen.

Don't have much space. Maybe I could get one.

Is there anyway to swap out games between machines?

Watched 1-up's assembly video on youtube. Seems like the board is attached to the screen.
I guess as long as the controller scheme is the same... you can buy the boards from Arcade1Up for $30. The board is in that box on the back of the screen.

Got a big tease on the mortal kombat machine. The guy scanned it and it rang up 150 bucks, but when I went to the register the other guy scanned it and it came up 300. Turns out someone had slapped a rampage sticker on it....oh well the hunt for a Mortal Kombat machine for clearance pricing continues. I did manage to find a final fight machine at 74.

I had to go out of town for work and on the way back stopped at a Wal-Mart 2 hours north of my house. Every single Arcade 1up was $149. They had:

Pac-Man

Street Fighter

Final Fight

MK

Space Invaders

Rampage

Marvel

OH the hate is realllll LOL Congrats These machines have sweet art work. That Marvel and that star wars one I couldn't bring myself to mod.

That Marvel and that star wars one I couldn't bring myself to mod.
They marvel cab is sweet. I have zero interest in the games but I saw it yesterday in store- great looking cab!
I definitely didn’t want to mod Pac-Man. I didn’t really want to mod Galaga. I’d have rather just built new cabinets from the ground up. I wound up modding both of them. :)

Galaga was a complete mod. New monitors and art and everything. I only did it because it was $75. Then gave in and modded Pac-Man too.

Pac-Man was an internal mod with a Pi and I kept all the artwork and added a new control panel with matching artwork. I love how it came out.

If anyone in the Albany NY area is looking to offload one of the ones picked up on clearance shoot me a DM. Especially if it's one of the Space Invader ones. I never really looked into these things till I found this thread earlier this week so I didn't know the SI one existed, now it's gone everywhere since it's on clearance. Apparently someone bought the last two at the N. Greenbush store this evening just before I walked in. 

They marvel cab is sweet. I have zero interest in the games but I saw it yesterday in store- great looking cab!
I definitely didn’t want to mod Pac-Man. I didn’t really want to mod Galaga. I’d have rather just built new cabinets from the ground up. I wound up modding both of them. :)

Galaga was a complete mod. New monitors and art and everything. I only did it because it was $75. Then gave in and modded Pac-Man too.

Pac-Man was an internal mod with a Pi and I kept all the artwork and added a new control panel with matching artwork. I love how it came out.
post the pics, or a link to where we can see this, sounds pretty awesome!

I love mine. Be aware though that despite it having 3 controllers Gauntlet is 2 player only.
WHAT?! So only Rampage uses the 3rd controller? That's ridiculous and also a deal-breaker. Thank you for that info. Had just found a couple marked down an hour away from me so you saved me the drive. Now I can focus on holding out for the Star Wars cab instead.

WHAT?! So only Rampage uses the 3rd controller? That's ridiculous and also a deal-breaker. Thank you for that info. Had just found a couple marked down an hour away from me so you saved me the drive. Now I can focus on holding out for the Star Wars cab instead.
WOW, I had no idea this only allowed for 2 players, but I'm pretty sure why that's the case. The arcade game only came in two versions, the 4 player, and the 2 player cabs. The 4 player game meant you had to use the player assigned to that controller, so that wouldn't work here, as you would only be able to use 2 of the 4 characters. The two player cab actually allows for character selection, which the 4 player doesn't offer. So since these are running the arcade roms, it's only two options for this situation, 2 or 4 players. Of course things could have been modded, but I'm sure there is some license or other issue that prohibited that from happening.

So since Rampage only has 3 joysticks, they either include the 4 player Gauntlet, and allow for one specific character to not be playable, as there is no selection option. Or opt for two, and then allow for any character you want, just at the sacrifice of 3-4 players. The better bet should have been to only include Gauntlet on a 4 player style cab, as it's pretty useless to offer one of the best 4 player games in history to be gimped in this way. Sadly, this still would have had assigned controllers, as character selection for any player didn't happen in 4 way play until part 2 was released.

Gauntlet really should have had it's own cab with part 1 & 2, as this was probably one of the best "party" games in all of video games. Those 2 games alone would probably provide more hours of play than any other config offered due to the number of levels in each game. A missed opportunity for sure, but it is what it is I suppose.

If anyone in the Albany NY area is looking to offload one of the ones picked up on clearance shoot me a DM. Especially if it's one of the Space Invader ones. I never really looked into these things till I found this thread earlier this week so I didn't know the SI one existed, now it's gone everywhere since it's on clearance. Apparently someone bought the last two at the N. Greenbush store this evening just before I walked in.
Like Tom posted supposedly Glenmont has them & it looks like Crossgates Commons just marked theirs down to $75 as well. I was really considering getting one and was waiting for the ones at Crossgates to go down. But Im running out of room. I already have (7) of the Arcade1ups and a full size MAME machine.

The reason Gunatlet is two player is because the first Gauntlet did not let you select your character on the 4 player cabinet.  Player 1 is always Barbarian, Player 2 Valkyrie, 3 Wizard and 4 Elf.  Only the two player cabinet version of the game allowed character selection (and not the same character, as they didn't have color variations).  If they put in the 4 player cabinet version, only Barbarian and Valkyrie would be playable.  Selectable characters (including same character and color variations) on 4 player was added in Gauntlet 2.

It's the same reason I put in both the 2 and 4 player versions of Simpsons, Turtles 1 & 2 in the cabinet I made.  It only has controls for two players, therefore it would limit your ability to play Don in Turtles, and everyone knows he is the best.  I do, however, have USB ports for using external controllers so 4 players is supported if the need arises, but most of the time I use the 2 player version to get character selection.

post the pics, or a link to where we can see this, sounds pretty awesome!
I’ll take some new pictures. It’s always hard to photograph these things. The lcd I put in the marquee in one cabinet is awesome, in my opinion.

It's the same reason I put in both the 2 and 4 player versions of Simpsons, Turtles 1 & 2 in the cabinet I made. It only has controls for two players, therefore it would limit your ability to play Don in Turtles, and everyone knows he is the best. I do, however, have USB ports for using external controllers so 4 players is supported if the need arises, but most of the time I use the 2 player version to get character selection.
I prefer the 2 player versions. Unless you’re actually going to play with 4 people at once, I feel like the 2 player versions are better.

Like Tom posted supposedly Glenmont has them & it looks like Crossgates Commons just marked theirs down to $75 as well. I was really considering getting one and was waiting for the ones at Crossgates to go down. But Im running out of room. I already have (7) of the Arcade1ups and a full size MAME machine.

Glenmont has them 75.00
Just wanted to say thank you to both of you. Really appreciate it. I should have mentioned in my previous that I stopped in at Latham and Glenmont last night as well as the E.Greenbush and struck out at both those places as well.

I saw your note about Crossgates (completely forgot that store existed), so I went there at lunch today. Got off the escalator and saw they only had one of the machines left in the rack from a distance so thought I struck out again. Pretty great feeling when I walked up and the one remaining was the Space Invader cab. It's in my car at the moment waiting to head home.

Forgot which store it was last night that they had the TMNT one set up, was the first time I saw one of the 1ups in person (yup, I don't get out to stores much). Have to say that it looks pretty good. Hope I don't get addicted to them.

Just wanted to say thank you to both of you. Really appreciate it. I should have mentioned in my previous that I stopped in at Latham and Glenmont last night as well as the E.Greenbush and struck out at both those places as well.

I saw your note about Crossgates (completely forgot that store existed), so I went there at lunch today. Got off the escalator and saw they only had one of the machines left in the rack from a distance so thought I struck out again. Pretty great feeling when I walked up and the one remaining was the Space Invader cab. It's in my car at the moment waiting to head home.

Forgot which store it was last night that they had the TMNT one set up, was the first time I saw one of the 1ups in person (yup, I don't get out to stores much). Have to say that it looks pretty good. Hope I don't get addicted to them.
After my first I was addicted lol. Took some willpower to hold off on getting the $75 Space Invaders but im running tight on space in my mancave.

I just picked up a SF2 cab for $74. Does anyone know if they started putting those plastic covers in those boxes for them, or if they only ever sent out that initial batch without them?

What plastic covers?
The original sf2 cabs had that issue where the artwork around the joystick and buttons was fading away from regular use, so they started sending the plastic covers that you screw down on top of them. My final fight cab came with one. I didn't know if they had started sending out new shipments of the street fighter one with them, or if you were SOL, and had to buy them separately

Edit : I'm sure I'm not articulating it correctly, hopefully that helps

The original sf2 cabs had that issue where the artwork around the joystick and buttons was fading away from regular use, so they started sending the plastic covers that you screw down on top of them. My final fight cab came with one. I didn't know if they had started sending out new shipments of the street fighter one with them, or if you were SOL, and had to buy them separately

Edit : I'm sure I'm not articulating it correctly, hopefully that helps
As far as I know, if you don't get one just contact them and they'll send you one, as they realized pretty early on that art wears off pretty easy, so the plexiglass is a must for most. I've heard their customer service is pretty good, as anyone who has had an issue has had it solved without much back & forth.

bread's done
Back