The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes me wonder how accurate Brickseek really is though, if it was totally wrong about quantities since it said they had no MK or SF cabinets and they had multiples.
I sometimes wonder if wal-mart is feeding fake info to brickseek or if there is now a significant delay for price/inventory. The SI cab I grabbed saturday showed in stock at $299 on brickseek and "check in store" in the app. When I actually scanned it with the app, it showed as $75. The store tag was still $299. The next day it showed out of stock and for $75 on brickseek,
The riser does make a noticeable difference.

I sometimes wonder if wal-mart is feeding fake info to brickseek or if there is now a significant delay for price/inventory. The SI cab I grabbed saturday showed in stock at $299 on brickseek and "check in store" in the app. When I actually scanned it with the app, it showed as $75. The store tag was still $299. The next day it showed out of stock and for $75 on brickseek,
The riser does make a noticeable difference.
Yeah see this is making me wonder if I should just go to the one that is the main one around here that has a bunch in stock and see what the real price is for SF cab. Maybe it's not really $299.

NVM I finally got this damn Rampage one. It said 2-3 and I was going to go after work but half way through it said limited and I thought shit they are gone. I called up and got them to hold the last one whiles my wife's mom went to get it.

Anyone trusting Brickseek’s stock quantities should read this post as I found a few cabinets that were allegedly out of stock.

I went to a store in Huntsville AL today because I saw the Final Fight cabinets they previously had for $154 were marked down to $74. The quantity on BS had dropped from “2-3” to “limited stock” so I wasn’t terribly optimistic, based on previous results. To my surprise, while I didn’t find the FF cabinet I did find a Rampage for $74 that was allegedly out of stock.

I hit up a few more stores in the area and wandered across another nearby Walmart that had a $74 Rampage on the shelf that was supposed to be out of stock. I asked what they had in the back and the clerk found me a $74 Street Fighter cabinet that was also supposed to be out of stock.

In all, I found three “out of stock” cabinets across five Walmarts today so it might be worth your while to check stores for the heavily discounted cabinets if BS says OOS.

I had SF2 pop up for $75 at a Walmart 45 minutes away from me. Said there were 2-3 IN STOCK! I took the chance and drove out. "We don't know what that is... Oh, well we don't have anymore... Oh that floor model isn't for sale." Didn't even bother checking inventory or offer to sell me the shite floor model (still ran fine, cosmetically beat up.) I wasted an hour and a half on one of my busier days to run into a completely incompetent employee who I have a feeling knew about the price...

I had SF2 pop up for $75 at a Walmart 45 minutes away from me. Said there were 2-3 IN STOCK! I took the chance and drove out. "We don't know what that is... Oh, well we don't have anymore... Oh that floor model isn't for sale." Didn't even bother checking inventory or offer to sell me the shite floor model (still ran fine, cosmetically beat up.) I wasted an hour and a half on one of my busier days to run into a completely incompetent employee who I have a feeling knew about the price...
Where was this at? My local store has them listed for $74 on BS and 2-3 for quantity. I was gonna go up Thursday after work and see if they actually had one. Was still kind of debating if it's worth it.

Where was this at? My local store has them listed for $74 on BS and 2-3 for quantity. I was gonna go up Thursday after work and see if they actually had one. Was still kind of debating if it's worth it.
The one I went to was Dumfries, VA. Terrible staff lol. I've had a lot of problems with the NOVA stores having BS stock and absolutely nothing to be found in store.

These things usually get snatched up quickly when they hit $74 so I’d go sooner if you can.

I just went to a store that has shown stocks going in/out but prices haven't dropped.  I figured I'd check it.  Well nothing was on sale with the Walmart app.  Even Golden Tee was still $400.  

There is no way people are paying full price for these things.  Agian they had 2 on display and man they just look to be pretty crappy in quality.  $150 is pushing it IMO.

Ran across two Space Invaders at another local Walmart for $75 after Brickseek said that store was out of stock.
How long has it said they are out of stock for? Just curious because one thats like 20 minutes from my job said the $75 SF been out of stock for a while now. But wondering if it would be worth the drive there just to eye ball it myself lol.

I just went to a store that has shown stocks going in/out but prices haven't dropped. I figured I'd check it. Well nothing was on sale with the Walmart app. Even Golden Tee was still $400.

There is no way people are paying full price for these things. Agian they had 2 on display and man they just look to be pretty crappy in quality. $150 is pushing it IMO.
Tons of people are buying these at full price. $300 or $400 is nothing and is worth it to a lot of people.

I think I’m going to bite the bullet on the turtles one myself. The only deal I know of is if you have a discover card you can set up to get 5% cash back on Walmart.com (website only not the store)

How long has it said they are out of stock for? Just curious because one thats like 20 minutes from my job said the $75 SF been out of stock for a while now. But wondering if it would be worth the drive there just to eye ball it myself lol.
20 minutes away? That’s worth a shot.

Though I’d have to say the Space Invaders cabinet is the lamest by far in terms of content. (Though it has what I’d argue is the coolest art.)

I canceled my Marvel Special Edition order. I don't know why but I thought the included games were all beat 'em ups. When I watched a recent review and saw two of the games are fighting games I had to cancel. I'm not into fighting games at all.

I canceled my Marvel Special Edition order. I don't know why but I thought the included games were all beat 'em ups. When I watched a recent review and saw two of the games are fight games I had to cancel. I'm not I to fighting games at all.
Yeah, the Punisher was one of the best beat'um ups of all time, and I still play it from time to time. I guess they needed something from Capcom to round out this Marvel cab, but they probably should keep genre's together(instead of keeping a brand together).

So an all in one beat'um ups would have been amazing, as Capcom are the godfathers of the genre. I don't see many "marvel" fans buying this strictly because it's Marvel, but for the reasons you stated, I see many not buying this as some will not like the mixing of the genres.

While I do like certain fighting games, I've never enjoyed the "chaos" or tag-team aspects of any of those marvel fighting games, just not my cup of tea. I do love me some old school Street Fighter 2, and can play that all day with friends when given the opportunity.

That is crazy to me considering the quality and size of these things.
It's all about perspective. For me, $300 to $500 per cabinet is fine and worth it FOR ME. I own 5 cabs, paid full or close to it for all of them, and have no regrets.....they put a smile on my face on a daily basis. However, if your price/value ratio is different, then that price might not seem reasonable......ands that's ok, just like it is ok for me to think it is worth it.

It's all about perspective. For me, $300 to $500 per cabinet is fine and worth it FOR ME. I own 5 cabs, paid full or close to it for all of them, and have no regrets.....they put a smile on my face on a daily basis. However, if your price/value ratio is different, then that price might not seem reasonable......ands that's ok, just like it is ok for me to think it is worth it.
I think it's more about disposable income. You clearly have a large disposable income if you've spent that much on these. I agree that they aren't priced too high at $300 but this is Cheap Ass Gamer after all and I personally wouldn't pay $300 for most of the current cabinets versus spending that money elsewhere.

In my case it's also an issue of space.

I just picked up 2 Space Invaders cabs for $75 each at the Walmart in Oceanside CA. Brickseek had shown “Limited Quantity” for a while now, which I assumed meant they didn’t have any, but the guy I talked to said they had just pulled these two from out back yesterday.

And in case anyone is interested, they also had an Asteroids cab for $75 on a pallet of other $300 cabs, but the outer box was pretty torn up and part of the cab side was exposed. I didn’t buy it because I already have 2 of them I modded already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's more about disposable income. You clearly have a large disposable income if you've spent that much on these. I agree that they aren't priced too high at $300 but this is Cheap Ass Gamer after all and I personally wouldn't pay $300 for most of the current cabinets versus spending that money elsewhere.

In my case it's also an issue of space.
Agreed, disposable income is important for everything that you purchase, that is why I brought up the price versus value. Some people really like crack and will sell everything they own in order to get it....to them, crack is worth it...but not to me, even if it was free.
I was just commenting on the thread above that mentioned that no one would be crazy enough to pay the retail prices for these (which I have read alot). I really like these, they bring great memories....and, obviously accordingly, that makes me crazy (this I can completely agree with), lol
(and I might have also sold everything I own to get them.) :)
"There is no way people are paying full price for these things. Agian they had 2 on display and man they just look to be pretty crappy in quality. $150 is pushing it IMO"

All of what you said is common sense. I'm just saying there is usually some kind of expectations about quality when you pay a certain amount of money, and the quality of those things is much lower than I would expect for $300.

Maybe I'm jaded because I paid $300 for my real KI2 cabinet back in the day lol.

Every time I see the demo cabinet in Walmart, I think it just looks cheap. I know these aren't full size and not of the same quality as real cabs for $300, but that is why I want to find them for $150 or less before I buy a couple. They look alright, but they still look like a toy to me and the size is a bit small for me.

There are other options, of course. If you're a woodworker they might be worth exploring, but this presumes that you already have the tools and experience, plus the lumber handy. You'll get a better product, but it will require a lot more time and effort. You also may not be able to get the look as faithful to the original arcade machine as Arcade1up can.

I've seen some neat homemade cabinets. The Barrel 'o Fun, literally a liquor barrel repurposed as a Donkey Kong machine, is one of these. You may have to drink all the liquor IN the barrel to make the price seem acceptable, though.

All of what you said is common sense. I'm just saying there is usually some kind of expectations about quality when you pay a certain amount of money, and the quality of those things is much lower than I would expect for $300.

Maybe I'm jaded because I paid $300 for my real KI2 cabinet back in the day lol.
Holy crap, you snagged a real KI2 for $300?!!?!
I believe you are right and applying the correct perspective.....thats like finding a ninja unicorn that gives you candy for free, but then, never mind, doesn't matter....you found a ninja unicorn giving candy for free, nothing will compare to that!
Really, I get it. I just restored an original NBA JAM cabinet for a friend and it is beautiful....nothing like a real dedicated cabinet. But they are reaaaaallllll heavy, recapping a monitor can cost as much as one of these cabinets retail, and they take up a bunch of space. These Arcade1ups ARE just toys, but I guess I am in a unique position.....I have built and restored many cabs over the years and I just like the availability (finding original parts/cabs for the game you want is getting more and more difficult), their lightness (I have moved waaayyyy too many cabs up/down stairs, loading into a truck for travel), and easiness of putting these together (no cutting, measuring, drilling, etc) with achieving the same result, to play a game. So, I kinda like putting in less work and time to achieve the same result, but YMMV.
Great buy on the KI2....is it still going?

Holy crap, you snagged a real KI2 for $300?!!?!
I believe you are right and applying the correct perspective.....thats like finding a ninja unicorn that gives you candy for free, but then, never mind, doesn't matter....you found a ninja unicorn giving candy for free, nothing will compare to that!
Really, I get it. I just restored an original NBA JAM cabinet for a friend and it is beautiful....nothing like a real dedicated cabinet. But they are reaaaaallllll heavy, recapping a monitor can cost as much as one of these cabinets retail, and they take up a bunch of space. These Arcade1ups ARE just toys, but I guess I am in a unique position.....I have built and restored many cabs over the years and I just like the availability (finding original parts/cabs for the game you want is getting more and more difficult), their lightness (I have moved waaayyyy too many cabs up/down stairs, loading into a truck for travel), and easiness of putting these together (no cutting, measuring, drilling, etc) with achieving the same result, to play a game. So, I kinda like putting in less work and time to achieve the same result, but YMMV.
Great buy on the KI2....is it still going?
I bought it back in 2001. It was $300 for the cabinet with KI2 in it. Even back then it was a steal. Today I could sell JUST the KI2 PCB/HDD for like $500 (more on that later).

It had been in my garage for the past 7 years, and prior to that, sitting in my moms basement for 7 more years. So it hadn't really been used in 14 years. And because of this thread, I decided to rejuvenate it.

So I moved it into my basement 2 weeks ago. I took the monitor out and control panel off to move it because it made it lighter, but still heavy af. I have KI1 in there and I have MK1, MK2, and KI2 as well. I found those at my moms as well 2 weeks ago.

Well unfortunately they all had issues.

KI2 doesn't power on. There is no video or sound, which is bad. It's not the HDD either. I have tried to research it and I have no clue what is wrong with it. The board looks fine and I've done basic testing on it to check voltages and stuff, but no clue. So for now it's worth nothing.

MK1 and MK2 both worked but both sound boards weren't working, so they had no sound. But, I ended up fixing MK1 myself. There was a burnt trace on the back, and I just soldered a wire between the 2 points on it, and then it worked. MK sound boards are notorious for being junk. I fixed the MK1 soundboard Monday then wired up the kick harness Tuesday to get all buttons functioning.

KI1 works just fine. My monitor needs some help though. It's a little dim so I'm going to take it to this guy after I get my pi2jamma set up so that he can basically rejuvenate it. Other than being dim though it is fine. I'm actually waiting until pi2jamma is hooked up to see if I think it's worth it. Playing MK1 the other day all the way through it didn't really bother me.

Here's a video of KI1. It's dark because I had the lights out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKt20l12d_o

And here is a video of MK1 after I fixed the soundboard. Easier to see the cab since I had the lights on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2-YJdytv0

There are other options, of course. If you're a woodworker they might be worth exploring, but this presumes that you already have the tools and experience, plus the lumber handy. You'll get a better product, but it will require a lot more time and effort. You also may not be able to get the look as faithful to the original arcade machine as Arcade1up can.

I've seen some neat homemade cabinets. The Barrel 'o Fun, literally a liquor barrel repurposed as a Donkey Kong machine, is one of these. You may have to drink all the liquor IN the barrel to make the price seem acceptable, though.
Something like this would probably work as well if you want to build your own. https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/level-up-3-4-size-arcade-cabinet-kit-for-22-monitor/

I've been considering, but I want to play with my Space Invaders cab for awhile to see how I feel

I love mine. Be aware though that despite it having 3 controllers Gauntlet is 2 player only.
Having Gauntlet being only 2 player was a deal-killer for me since I'd be buying it so my 3 kids could play together. When I asked A1Up about this, I was told the processor wasn't able to handle the processing required for the 3-player version of Gauntlet. Regardless of the reason, it's kind of absurd and misleading to have a 3/4 player game that only supports 2 players on a 3-player cabinet. All the more reason to convert that sucker to a RetroPie system.

These things usually get snatched up quickly when they hit $74 so I’d go sooner if you can.
That's the truth. Today I decided to do my "local Walmart tour" to see if I could find any $75 cabs. The first (and furthest) Walmart had 2 Space Invaders cabs for $75 and I picked up both. The guy told me that they had just been pulled out of the back the day before, so I was probably one of the first to see them where they had been placed next to a "Clearance" table (not the typical end-cap where I normally see clearance stuff).

They also had a pallet of A1Up cabs in the main aisle, but all were full priced except for a single Asteroids cab for $75, which had a very damaged box where the side board was clearly exposed (though not obviously damaged) and the unit definitely looked like it had been opened. I passed on that one because I already had picked up 2 Asteroids cabs previously at the same store (doing the "purchase online, pick up in store and nicely asking for in-store price match" thing).

I then stopped by 3 other Walmarts on the way home and none of them had anything below the normal retail prices, even though they had the often discounted Space Invaders, Pac Mac and other older cabs. I keep hoping to find a Pac Man, Rampage or Street Fighter system for $75 like others have, but so far, no luck.

At this point, I'm just looking for discounted cabs so I can have a variety of art work on the cabs I modify to use RetroPie. I was also able to pick up a few A1Up control decks when they had a brief period when the shipping was only $1 rather than their normally insane $20 shipping...for a $26 control panel) and ordered the 12-in-1 PCB so I can convert one of the cabs to the 12-in-1 system (for a total cost of about $140).

Also, having an A1Up cab with a horizontal screen and another with a vertical screen is a good starting point for a RetroPie system to support games in each orientation w/o having to compromise the screen size by forcing a vertical game into a horizontal screen or vice-versa. That's why I was so happy to have been able to pick up the Asteroids and Centipede cabs on the cheap, but since then I've been looking for cabs with different art on them to mix things up (and avoid buying custom art work, which would add another $150-$200).

Something like this would probably work as well if you want to build your own. https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/level-up-3-4-size-arcade-cabinet-kit-for-22-monitor/

I've been considering, but I want to play with my Space Invaders cab for awhile to see how I feel
That link is a great example of how this hobby can quickly get expensive and why an A1up cab is much like a gateway drug for arcade addicts. Once you start adding the options to those nicer cabs, you quickly get into a $500 - $700 system and you still have to figure out how to get the software side working as desired. A properly configured RetroPie cab will probably cost you at least $300 - $500 and very likely 30-40 hours of work ([possibly less, but quite possibly, even more, depending on the types of games you want to play).

For many people, a huge advantage of the A1Up systems is that for ~$300 you get something that looks pretty good (other than the size) and plays well (or well enough) in about 30 minutes from when you open the box.

Of course, if you like to tinker with software/emulators/hardware/woodworking, then you have a ton of other options open to you. But for the many people that have more money and less free time, the A1Up cabs can be very attractive.

For me, I picked up the Asteroids and Centipede machines for $75 each, got bored with the 4 games on each and then started to customize them to use RetroPie and play a wider variety of games. That led me into issues with vertical/horizontal games, games with different controller requirements (vertical/horizontal games, 4-way vs. 8-way joysticks, alternating 2-player vs simultaneous 2-player, trackballs, spinners, etc.) that will either require different cabs for different games, or different control decks that can be easily swapped for different games. While I'm having fun learning and making things, I can totally understand why many people are willing to drop $300-$400 so they can just focus on having a nice-looking cabinet and playing the games they loved as a kid (or letting their kids play the games their dad/mom grew up playing).

For me, I picked up the Asteroids and Centipede machines for $75 each, got bored with the 4 games on each and then started to customize them to use RetroPie and play a wider variety of games. That led me into issues with vertical/horizontal games, games with different controller requirements (vertical/horizontal games, 4-way vs. 8-way joysticks, alternating 2-player vs simultaneous 2-player, trackballs, spinners, etc.) that will either require different cabs for different games, or different control decks that can be easily swapped for different games. While I'm having fun learning and making things, I can totally understand why many people are willing to drop $300-$400 so they can just focus on having a nice-looking cabinet and playing the games they loved as a kid (or letting their kids play the games their dad/mom grew up playing).
Yeah, since I grew up in the arcades of the early 80's, I'm familiar with most of the unique control schemes offered at the time. So years ago I had a chance to build a custom joystick and I tried my best to make it playable for most arcade games ever made.

It has a switchable 4/8 way joystick, so that's perfect for Pacman, as the 4 way allows for more precise moves, and then of course 8 way is for shooters etc, where all way movement is needed. Then next to that is a standard 6 button layout, so that's good for 1 button games, or fighters and everything in between. Then next to that is a full size trackball, and that really doesn't need explanation right? LOL Then next is the rotary dial for Tempest, and this doubles for other things, as next to this is the flight stick. So now a game like Tron, Ikari Warriors, Frontline can be used, as you move and shoot with the flight stick, than turn your character full way around with the dial. And of course the flight stick is goof for flight games like After Burner as well.

Now some schemes aren't ideal, as to play a dual stick shooter like Robotron, requires that I use the 8-way stick on the far left, and the flight stick on the far right. So even if the distance isn't a big deal, your left with two different size sticks, which is its own hurdle to get over. Oh, and I almost forgot another cool feature, as the rotary dial can be removed, and a steering wheel put in it's place. I don't think I bought the wheel, as that was an extra cost to an already expensive item($800 if memory serves), but the option is built in if I decide to buy one. You would still have to use the buttons for brake and gas in driving games, but I'm sure a pedal system could be set up, just not my thing, so buttons were fine.

I had this built for Mame, as that was the go to source for classic gaming at the time, and perfect for PC use. So these are just some ideas to think about, although my joystick is rather large from left to right, and not ideal for a small cab or space. And of course this was completely built around a single player, so there's no second anything for two players.

Having Gauntlet being only 2 player was a deal-killer for me since I'd be buying it so my 3 kids could play together. When I asked A1Up about this, I was told the processor wasn't able to handle the processing required for the 3-player version of Gauntlet. Regardless of the reason, it's kind of absurd and misleading to have a 3/4 player game that only supports 2 players on a 3-player cabinet. All the more reason to convert that sucker to a RetroPie system.
A1Up Rep Translation: "I have no idea why it doesn't let you do that so I'm just going to make something up."

It was mentioned up above a bit back, but the reason has nothing to do with "processing power", the 2 and 4 player board had exactly the same hardware. The reason is in Gauntlet 1 you did not have selectable characters in the 4 player cabinet, therefore you would be locked into Barbarian, Valkyrie and Wizard play only (1P, 2P and 3P). Elf would be unusable since he is the 4th player slot. Only the 2 player cabinet allowed character selection. It wasn't until Gauntlet 2 that character selection (and color clones) were allowed in the 4 player cabinet, but honestly that would have been a better choice than the path they took.

Marvel, Mortal Kombat, and Pac-Man cabinets are currently 20% off at gamestop.com. Not as good as a clearance deal but may be good enough for some, especially considering how new Marvel is.

I went to 3 Walmarts today.  No luck.  One of em has had SF2 for $75 but OOS for a while now but figured might as well check.  All I saw there were 3 other ones at full price.  Then on the way back to my job there were 2 others I just hit up, even though on brickseek they were full price.  I figured I might as well check.  No luck at all there either.

Are the ones that are cheaper in a different section than the normal ones?  I've only seen the "normal" spot for these things but I haven't been looking for em in a clearance spot or anything.

I went to 3 Walmarts today. No luck. One of em has had SF2 for $75 but OOS for a while now but figured might as well check. All I saw there were 3 other ones at full price. Then on the way back to my job there were 2 others I just hit up, even though on brickseek they were full price. I figured I might as well check. No luck at all there either.

Are the ones that are cheaper in a different section than the normal ones? I've only seen the "normal" spot for these things but I haven't been looking for em in a clearance spot or anything.
I’ve only encountered them either in the same location with all of the other full-priced cabinets or had employees hunt in the back and find me some.

Today an employee in Arab AL told me they sold a Centipede cabinet a few weeks ago that had been in the stockroom. I’d presume it had been sitting back there for months since most Walmarts clearanced them out (I think) in the spring. So there’s still hope of finding those old cabinets, most likely in the deep, dark recesses of Walmart stockrooms, piled by the Ark of the Covenant.

I went to 3 Walmarts today. No luck. One of em has had SF2 for $75 but OOS for a while now but figured might as well check. All I saw there were 3 other ones at full price. Then on the way back to my job there were 2 others I just hit up, even though on brickseek they were full price. I figured I might as well check. No luck at all there either.

Are the ones that are cheaper in a different section than the normal ones? I've only seen the "normal" spot for these things but I haven't been looking for em in a clearance spot or anything.
It appears they can be anywhere....in the normal A1up cab section, on a pallet in the main aisle, in a clearance section or back in the storage area where you have to ask them to make a special trip to look for them. I found two $75 Space Invaders cabs next to a "temp" clearance table setup near the checkout desk in the game/electronics section. During the same visit, I also found a $75 Asteroids cab on a pallet about 100 feet away from the clearance table, but everything else on the pallet was $300. I had missed the pallet cabs when I first walked in but one of the other Walmarts workers mentioned them when I asked if they had any others on sale. I was told the two Space Invaders cabs had only been pulled out from storage the day before so they could be cleared out,

I still can't imagine paying $300 for Space Invaders, but the cab will look great once I modify it to play a RetroPie system.

It's all a bit of a treasure hunt, lol.

I got one at Walmart... since it’s exclusive to Walmart I wonder if it will be worth anything in the future unopened ..any one have a Delorean time machine so I can check?

...is the controller up and down or just back and forth... interested in the pie too?

I got one at Walmart... since it’s exclusive to Walmart I wonder if it will be worth anything in the future unopened ..any one have a Delorean time machine so I can check?

...is the controller up and down or just back and forth... interested in the pie too?
I do - it's worthless. Shipping is higher than the actual selling price. Go ahead and open it.

Speaking of where these are stored, has anyone actually seen/found these in the clearance isles? As in the ones that have all the clearance in the store and not the electronics section clearance.

I periodically do searches for TMNT cabs in my area and never get hits for my local Walmarts. However, all of a sudden today all the Walmarts in my area are showing in stock and available. The romantic in me is hoping this is a sign of an upcoming promotion/sale for the holidays.

Speaking of where these are stored, has anyone actually seen/found these in the clearance isles? As in the ones that have all the clearance in the store and not the electronics section clearance.
In my Brooklyn, CT store that's where they all are and there's 2 TMNT on the end cap of the aisle. Everything is full price except for the 2 SF2 cabs that were $154 the other day and are now gone (I got one). The old section in electronics still has all of the signage and space set up but there are just a few action figures in boxes on the shelf at floor level.

My local Walmart had 2 of the Rampage cabs for $74 a week or so ago.  I passed on them and regretted it a few days later.  However I was there again today, looking to see if maybe one was still there and of course there weren't any.  As I was looking the department manager stopped and asked if I needed any help, I told him no, not right now.  He proceeded to tell me he had found a SF2 cab on the bottom of a stack in the back and it was on final markdown of $74.  Needless to say I took it.  Box is a little beat up, but looks to be fine.  

I periodically do searches for TMNT cabs in my area and never get hits for my local Walmarts. However, all of a sudden today all the Walmarts in my area are showing in stock and available. The romantic in me is hoping this is a sign of an upcoming promotion/sale for the holidays.
Same here. I've been thinking about going and putting one on layaway to see if there's a Black Friday sale before making the final purchase.

Same here. I've been thinking about going and putting one on layaway to see if there's a Black Friday sale before making the final purchase.
That is what I'm currently doing. I have it on layaway and currently have $250 on it. Just waiting for the Wal-Mart black Friday leak to see if it goes on sale. If not, I'm bringing her home asap

That is what I'm currently doing. I have it on layaway and currently have $250 on it. Just waiting for the Wal-Mart black Friday leak to see if it goes on sale. If not, I'm bringing her home asap
I've never put anything on Layaway before so will they honor the Black Friday price if it drops while on Layaway? Or will they dispute it and say I have to pay the price that it was at the time it was placed on Layaway?

I've searched at about 10 different Walmarts spread out over about a 120 mile area. I've seen a grand total of 1 cab that wasn't MSRP, and that was a Rampage that had not only been opened but the box mangled so badly that damage was a certainty ... for $225.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

If my Walmart says limited stock on brickseek is that the display model? Will they still sell it to me at the clearly price?

If my Walmart says limited stock on brickseek is that the display model? Will they still sell it to me at the clearly price?
From my experiences this past week, “limited stock” seems to mean “not actually there”. Or, at least, they weren’t in the aisles in multiple stores where the Walmart app claimed, and the employees either couldn’t find the closeout units in the back or said that all they had were out on the floor.

bread's done
Back