The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now they're $199. :headache:
Yeah, I bought 1 at $199 then bought another online when they dropped to $149 and returned the first in-store. Still think there is a slight chance they will drop to $75, in which case I’ll buy it and then return it as the $150 purchase if I’m still in the return window.

I asked 3 Walmart employees who kept saying everything is out on the floor. Finally a different one actually went to the back and found a Final Fight, but no Rampage. For $150 with 4 games?? I grabbed it quick since it was the last one. I'm gonna be at work all day today thinking about building it tonight...LOL!

I tried to convince a manager to give me the $299 TMNT for $200 since another Walmart(20 miles away) had it for that price. They couldn't do it, but suggested I do a Pick up in Store for the other store and reserve it there. I went into the app and cursed, someone else grabbed the last one in stock. It originally had stock. I know one of you here grabbed it! LOL. I'm still eyeing the 5 Galaga's for $150 they still had in stock....hmm......
I've been unable to reserve anything at the lower prices, or even be able to see the lower prices online. Selecting a different store does not seem to affect the website; the prices are identical.

Seems like it would be cheaper to just update your current countertop.
I really want the spinners and trackball, but I'm thinking I could probably sell it as is and cover most of the cost of the LU, especially if it goes to $449. I've got thousands of arcade and console games on there, but very little I actually care about. I'd sell it to someone who thinks having everything they can imagine is the most amazing thing ever... the way I did several years ago.

I bet my local Walmart still has the TMNT for $299 Manager's clearance.  Is that worth it?  They still have a lot of Galaga's as well.  Hopefully those will go on clearance soon too.  LOL.

How are those Pandora machines I see on Amazon all the time for $150?  Worth it?  

I've been unable to reserve anything at the lower prices, or even be able to see the lower prices online. Selecting a different store does not seem to affect the website; the prices are identical.
One manager told me to order to pick up online. When you get to the store, they will price adjust for you at the pick-up register to reflect what's listed as the Manager's special or Clearance for that particular store. You have to call that store first to confirm the sale price first. In my instance, they had one left at the store 20 miles away. It showed up as "In Stock" when I first check it on their app. After waiting to find a manager and wasting time convincing them to give me the $200 price, the other one was apparently sold since the app now shows, out of stock. I called again and they confirm it was no longer on the shelf. Lesson learned.

One manager told me to order to pick up online. When you get to the store, they will price adjust for you at the pick-up register to reflect what's listed as the Manager's special or Clearance for that particular store. You have to call that store first to confirm the sale price first. In my instance, they had one left at the store 20 miles away. It showed up as "In Stock" when I first check it on their app. After waiting to find a manager and wasting time convincing them to give me the $200 price, the other one was apparently sold since the app now shows, out of stock. I called again and they confirm it was no longer on the shelf. Lesson learned.
I was able to get a $75 Centipede and $100 Golden Tee using the return-rebuy trick.

any suggestion on where should I buy mod material?

I saw this site

https://arcademodup.com/product/arcade1up-mod-kit-bundle/

but whole mod kit is around 400 bucks

think that is bit too much for mod kit alone
If you just want parts, t-molding.com was a great option when I built my cabinet. Quick, nice packaging and they even combined multiple orders and refunded shipping costs for the extra orders when I forgot to order a couple things (without me even asking).

If you read Amazon reviews, there's a lot of complaints about joysticks failing, screen's blanking out, circuit boards fried. That's the only thing holding me back from a $150 Galaga I've been eyeing at Walmart. Any thoughts on those comments? I'd hate to spend hours putting it together, only to find out it's bricked. Then have to tear apart and cart it back to Walmart...LOL.
I've never had one long enough to even know how long it'll hold up because I've never been able to buy one that wasn't immediately damaged right out of the box. The company does seem pretty good at replacing damaged parts so you have you ask yourself, "how much am I willing to pay for a 'new' item that right out of the gate is going to require additional time and energy dealing with customer service excapades in order to 'make it' new?" For me, $300 is not even close to worth it, $150 is barely worth it, and $75 is totally worth it.

Again, that's just clearing the cosmetic hurdle. I shudder to think of the longevity factor.

Oh yeah one more thing, my TMNT price point goes down even further after realizing they actually changed the intro theme song due to licensing issues. After hearing both versions back to back, totally blew it for me.

Took a long shitty road trip to a Podunk Walmart filled with people of Walmart, but I got a 150 tmnt. They were even marked at 150 and nobody was even batting an eyelash...they had been there all day. These would not have lasted 15 minutes price marked like that in my city. [attachment=33277:IMAG1006.jpg]

Germantown, MD Walmart had it at $299 on Monday.  Dunno what it is today.  I might make a trip there to see if they dropped it further or not.  There's a few in Bowie, MD that searches are saying are $200 for TMNT.

So here's the question, should I order the $269 Rampage? or grab the $299 TMNT?  

All still $400 by me, with one place at $300.
Same here in the Indianapolis area. The Wal-Marts around here tend to not discount the Arcade1Ups very often. I've only seen a couple of them hit around the $150-$175 mark a few times prior to Black Friday.

Germantown, MD Walmart had it at $299 on Monday. Dunno what it is today. I might make a trip there to see if they dropped it further or not. There's a few in Bowie, MD that searches are saying are $200 for TMNT.

So here's the question, should I order the $269 Rampage? or grab the $299 TMNT?
Honestly it's up to you but I'd wait on both. If anything grab the TMNT. A $269 Rampage isn't that great of a discount.

Same here in the Indianapolis area. The Wal-Marts around here tend to not discount the Arcade1Ups very often. I've only seen a couple of them hit around the $150-$175 mark a few times prior to Black Friday.
Same in Northern KY. The only $150 title was Final Fight over BF weekend, and that was a nationwide price point. Now the cheapest is $200, though some cabinets that were more than that over the weekend, such as Rampage and Pac-Man, are now that price point as well if you can find them.

I have no room on my credit card and my balance on my checking about is in the single digits, but if a local store has that for $150, id find a way

Took a long shitty road trip to a Podunk Walmart filled with people of Walmart, but I got a 150 tmnt. They were even marked at 150 and nobody was even batting an eyelash...they had been there all day. These would not have lasted 15 minutes price marked like that in my city.
attachicon.gif
IMAG1006.jpg
Where was this store?

Marvel still $249 at Target.  Good deal?  Damn you all!  I'm hooked! LOL

Took a long shitty road trip to a Podunk Walmart filled with people of Walmart, but I got a 150 tmnt. They were even marked at 150 and nobody was even batting an eyelash...they had been there all day. These would not have lasted 15 minutes price marked like that in my city.
attachicon.gif
IMAG1006.jpg
I think that's a great deal, but I'm also a fan of 3 or 4 player cabs so my 3 boys can play together. The TMNT cab has better art that the Rampage cab and has the wider 4-player control deck. Plus, it is more fun to play if you don't mod it. While the Rampage cab has more games, Rampage is the only game that actually supports 3 players because the Gauntlet version they are using only supports 2 players.

Took a long shitty road trip to a Podunk Walmart filled with people of Walmart, but I got a 150 tmnt. They were even marked at 150 and nobody was even batting an eyelash...they had been there all day. These would not have lasted 15 minutes price marked like that in my city. IMAG1006.jpg

Was it listed on the app or brickseek?

I was in a middle of nowhere Walmart over the weekend and they had at least 25 or more various cabinets. It’s in a very nice but very low income area- I’m expecting them to be clearanced already but they aren’t yet.

Marvel still $249 at Target. Good deal? Damn you all! I'm hooked! LOL
Not a bad price. Nothing earthshatterning, but probably the best deal you'll find in the near future, as there don't seem to be as many of these around as the other ones. It's a good place to start; probably the second best cabinet, next to Turtles, and the artwork on the cabinet is nice, with the side art surpassing the original cabinet, IMO.

I'd buy it. I have purchased 4 Arcadef1up (SF2, Space Invaders, Mortal Kombat, Final Fight.) I've only had some buttons need replacement on the SF2 machine. Galaga is also a wave 2 Arcade1up so the build is a bit better.
I've had pretty poor luck with my A1Up cabs..

- 2 Asteroids cabs and both had bad screens (which were eventually replaced). One screen would occasionally boot up with a green background. The other screen was very washed out (it was VERY obvious when placed next to the other A1Up cabs). The LCD overlays on both screens were also pretty scratched up even though they were both brand new units from unopened boxes.

- 2 Centipede cabs (some scratches on the controls decks, and one had a scuff on the side panel, but overall worked OK).

- The Galaga cab I just put together 2 days ago initially worked OK, but now has an LCD that always boots to a white screen.

I have 2 more Space Invaders cabs in the garage which I haven't put together yet, but I can't help but think at least one of them will have some major problem.

For the Galaga cab (which I don't plan to mod), I purchased the Walmart 3-year extended warranty ($22) since I can't imagine something won't fail on the unit in 3 years and A1Up charges $20 just for the shipping of most replacement items on their site. However, I still have to go through the A1Up warranty process for as long as it lasts since the extended warranty doesn't kick in until the factory warrant ends.

If you plan to mod the cab, then I wouldn't buy the extended warranty because you'd be voiding the warranty the second you start fiddling with the LCD to connect the video board. I'd also suggest running the un-modded cab for a while so you can get any problems you might run into addressed by A1Up while under their warranty (90 days from purchase).

Hello everyone,

Those who are finding TMNT at $300 or less can you list what region and store you saw them at. THX~
Lots of us are watching Brickseek for drops, so I don't think it's too likely we are going to promote those locations here...until we score what we're looking for.

What I do is search my zip code first. Brickseek gives store distances from that and zip codes for those stores. Then I search some of the further zip codes from the first search which basically doubles the search distance. Rinse and repeat until you decide what's too far to try to get what you're looking for. Do this often enough and you will start to see patterns that certain stores tend to clearance certain items either more frequently or with bigger discounts than most stores. Once I've got a few stores to watch I just use the Walmart ap to double check before deciding if I want to make the trip. Good hunting.

Lots of us are watching Brickseek for drops, so I don't think it's too likely we are going to promote those locations here...until we score what we're looking for.

What I do is search my zip code first. Brickseek gives store distances from that and zip codes for those stores. Then I search some of the further zip codes from the first search which basically doubles the search distance. Rinse and repeat until you decide what's too far to try to get what you're looking for. Do this often enough and you will start to see patterns that certain stores tend to clearance certain items either more frequently or with bigger discounts than most stores. Once I've got a few stores to watch I just use the Walmart ap to double check before deciding if I want to make the trip. Good hunting.
Found a Turtles for $249, which is pretty good, but nothing close to the mindblowers you guys have been digging up.

attachicon.gif
IMAG1006.jpg
This makes me really hate that Walmart deals are so YMMV. My Walmarts are always so stingy about marking items down to prices that I see you guys post.

Brickseek finally came through for me. They had TMNT listed at a close store for $150 with limited stock. I saw it yesterday, but couldn’t stop in until today. Luckily for me they had one TMNT cab left, but nothing indicating it was on sale. I had someone scan it and sure enough $150!

Brickseek finally came through for me. They had TMNT listed at a close store for $150 with limited stock. I saw it yesterday, but couldn’t stop in until today. Luckily for me they had one TMNT cab left, but nothing indicating it was on sale. I had someone scan it and sure enough $150!
NOICE.

All I want is a clearance Golden Tee.

I broke down and called a few Target stores and found one with stock of the Marvel for $249. It’s sitting in my living room now. No special riser though. Where can you get that? It’s not sold on the 1up website.

I broke down and called a few Target stores and found one with stock of the Marvel for $249. It’s sitting in my living room now. No special riser though. Where can you get that? It’s not sold on the 1up website.
As far as I understand, you can only get the marvel branded riser with the version that was sold on the Arcade 1 Up site.

I actually just came back from the Walmart on 31 toward westfield IN. They had it marked down to $200 and decided to grab one. No signage in store yet but they guy told me they had a handful more in the back.

Hello everyone,

Those who are finding TMNT at $300 or less can you list what region and store you saw them at. THX~
Central Florida, $199 Manager's special on Black Friday.
They had 5 that night. up front and I didn't pounce. Couldn't find any when I went back next day.

Was it listed on the app or brickseek?
I was in a middle of nowhere Walmart over the weekend and they had at least 25 or more various cabinets. It’s in a very nice but very low income area- I’m expecting them to be clearanced already but they aren’t yet.
brickseek, I found it by checking zip codes I am familiar with.

Final Fight cab had no issues. No scratches or dents. Screen seems clear and everything works perfectly.
The joysticks have a nice click to them. It even came with a deck protector.

I’m crossing my fingers that it stays problem free.

Now to clear some space to put it and Marvel superheroes. I’ll be putting that one together tomorrow night. Or I’m tempted to hold it and see if a version with riser comes on sale.

Is anyone having issues with the Marvel cabinet on brickseek? It always shows no inventory, but Walmart’s website shows I can pick one up “today” at several stores near me and I saw them at the store. I’m using the link from this thread.

Final Fight cab had no issues. No scratches or dents. Screen seems clear and everything works perfectly.
The joysticks have a nice click to them. It even came with a plastic cover.

I’m crossing my fingers that it stays problem free.

Now to clear some space to put it and Marvel superheroes. I’ll be putting that one together tomorrow night. Or I’m tempted to hold it and see if a version with riser comes on sale.
I think that you'll be in good shape. Sounds like you have one of the newer ones, since the deck protector is included. Enjoy it for me!

Is anyone having issues with the Marvel cabinet on brickseek? It always shows no inventory, but Walmart’s website shows I can pick one up “today” at several stores near me and I saw them at the store. I’m using the link from this thread.
It shows no inventory around me, but I saw multiple units at a local Walmart yesterday. Then again, almost none of the Arcade1Up cab stocks are accurate in my area.

bread's done
Back