The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Local store here dropped almost every cab to $75 for a few days (including TMNT), with two others on the floor that were $199. They now have everything back in stock and at $299 (except for TMNT at $399).

As of now, I don't think there is any way to download the games from USB to the system (without modding I mean), but they are updating it with new features every couple of weeks, so it's possible.

Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal at all. The USB panel is in the top right corner, out of the way of joysticks, etc. Also I have a tiny USB flash drive that is so small it barely protrudes at all; we are talking less than 1/4th of an inch. This one here.

One feature I would like to see is the ability to just display the USB games on the main home screen and/or re-arrange the order of games. However, like I said, it's a really easily accessible option as it is. On the home screen, it's about 3 button inputs to get your flash drive games.
Thanks for the response. Yeah I'm totally in agreement with you on the desire for default usb screen and rearranging of games. My greatest desire is to just have something like my old ultrade, where it loads up to an attract mode with a wheel of games and you just pick games and play them. No navigating through menus and folders or other crap. In other words, something that actually feels like you're playing an arcade machine and not an old repurposed computer. Also, it'd be great to have something that I can let my kids play without having to worry about them accidentally going into weird options menus and screwing something up. This is an area where arcade1up fits well and things like raspberry pi have failed for me.

Given the potential for firmware upgrades, I hope this is an area AT addresses.

Which 1up machines did you own, if you don't mind me asking?

I was thinking about picking up one or two to go on the sides of this unit for my college's Gameclub (we are lucky enough to have a dedicated room). The ones was considering was the Street Fighter, MK, and one with Rampage, Joust, Gauntlet, & Defender just because those are the ones I thought might actually get some decent play.

However if the joysticks/inputs are significantly inferior (especially for the fighting games), I'm not sure I'd want them for that. Maybe I'll just pick up whatever goes on sale for $75 or so just to have it for decoration purposes rather buying one of the aformentioned. My local Walmart already has the Space Invaders one for $75. If I was just buying it for window dressing, that one would do as well as any i suppose.
Had the rampage and asteroids. The art is nice but that’s about it.

After a few weeks with the At Games Legends Ultimate I wanted to post some thoughts on anyone considering it (especially with the upcoming Sam's discount):

-Build quality is impressive all around. Joysticks and rotary knobs are great. The light up marquee is a really nice touch. My unit has a small gap on the right side where you can see a bit of the raw wood paneling between the screen and the side, but I think it was my fault in assembly. Overall it's no big deal. The sound quality of the stereo speakers is impressive.

-Set Up - Extremely easy to set up. It requires a phillips screw driver and a total of about 16-20 screws. The 4 joystick panel plugs snap into clearly labeled and "fool proof" slots. I'm bad at putting together furniture, etc and it still only took me about 20 minutes to have it completely assembled and running.

-The user interace is super slick. Two easily accessible HDMI ports on the front for video input that you can switch between with the touch of a button. Adding roms is incredibly easy and there is a built in function on the Home screen called "Add Ons" that you click to immediately bring up any roms you added via USB.

-Game Selection - Yeah it doesn't have a lot of the big hitter classics, but this thing has some amazing deep cuts on it. In addition to having most of the big Atari Arcade games, it also has a great collection of Data East and Jaleco games. Heavy Barrel, Joe & Mac Arcade, Karate Champ, Astynax, and hundreds more. The Atari collection also has some great cuts (Mountain King Arcade version!, Warlords, etc.). I love that it has Fighters History (the first Street Fighter copy-cat game made famous by the Capcom lawsuit). Adding roms is pretty easy, but even if you didn't add any, this collection easily has 3 or 4 dozen fantastic classics on it and a lot of hidden gems.

-Streaming/Buying Games: In addition to letting you add your own roms or plug up any HDMI device and configure the controls, it also comes with a streaming service that is in a free beta. It has a collection of great SNK classics on it. Over my school's wi-fi connection, I found little to no discernable lag. These were completely playable. They also promise the ability to buy these games and download them coming, giving one of the few ways to buy roms legitimately on any of these units (I have no problem buying them if they give me the open and fully intend to do so for any games they put on the service I want in my collection).

-Extra Functionalities: A recent update allows you to add blutooth controllers, so you can get your 4 player TMNT, etc on fairly easily. You can also add custom bezels and art work to any games you add. Joystick options are customizable for each game.

Overall I gotta say this thing is the real deal. This is the ultimate at home arcade unit. The only real downsides I can come with is the more expensive price and that it takes up a larger footprint than the 1up cabinets, but those are pretty minor downsides given what you get. I can't really think of a feature they left out. I can't recommend this thing enough.

I still plan on buying one or two of the 1up units if they get cheap enough, but mainly as window dressing/cool conversation pieces. This thing is all you need for a real Arcade at home experience. At Games did some really shoddy work in the past, but this thing is all aces.
That's quite the review. I may need to pick one up.

Too bad you aren't getting any commission.

I was running around town today and stopped by my local Sams to see if they had any of the Legends Ultimate ready for the sale, but they didn't have any anywhere on the floor. Not even the demo unit they had 2 weeks ago. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go out there in the morning or not. I'd had to drive 45 minutes each way just to find out they don't have any in the store.

$199 for Pac-Man, Rampage, FF, SF, MK

$149 for Galaga, Space Invaders

And then there's Legends Ultimate for $449 tomorrow.  Sigh.....

pac-man cab would look great in my game room.  I have FF and HSN Marvel for now.  Tempted to pull the string on Pac-Man.  

Of course, there's the Partycade for $229 on HSN that has both pac-man and galaga.  But I heard those units have sound issues.  

Decisions decisions....

You all think the odds are good I’ll find TMNT for under $300 after Christmas?
Seems highly likely. Between unsold stock and returns, something will get discounted. Plus some people are bummed they remade the theme song so it fell off peoples wishlists. It sounds similar enough but isn't completely right.

I think these things will definitely be discounted more.  As time goes on more and more people are realizing how much of a piece of crap they are for the most part, especially when you can get one that isn't made for little kids that will fit 2 grownups that also isn't made of paper mache.

I think these things will definitely be discounted more. As time goes on more and more people are realizing how much of a piece of crap they are for the most part, especially when you can get one that isn't made for little kids that will fit 2 grownups that also isn't made of paper mache.
I keep almost buying the SF2 and MK ones for $199 but I think they'll go down more.

I considered the 4 player TMNT one but it seems to have a lot more limited replay. It's also 199 at a local store right now.

These are for a school game club. As I said earlier, I already have an At Games Legends Ultimate which will remain the main cab, but I thought a couple of these cheap would make a nice book end on either side of it.

But I keep waffling on how much I'm willing to pay for these much more limited, cheaper made 1up units.

I keep almost buying the SF2 and MK ones for $199 but I think they'll go down more.

I considered the 4 player TMNT one but it seems to have a lot more limited replay. It's also 199 at a local store right now.

These are for a school game club. As I said earlier, I already have an At Games Legends Ultimate which will remain the main cab, but I thought a couple of these cheap would make a nice book end on either side of it.

But I keep waffling on how much I'm willing to pay for these much more limited, cheaper made 1up units.
Have you seen display units? If you have this somewhere that isn't for like home use that is going to be in a place with a lot of traffic like a school club, that thing is going to be beat to shit so quickly.

I was willing to pay maybe $200 but then I saw them in person and it completely changed my mind about that. I'd pay maybe $100 for one, and only the SF2 one so I could make a MAME cab for my son.

But I have a real KI2 cabinet that has MAME in it now so I doubt I'll get an A1up one. I'm actually looking to get at least 1 more real cabinet - a light gun one, and possibly a sit down racing cab. The only problem with the racing cab is that I don't think I can fit it through my basement door.

But Monday I'm going to check out a Maximum Force cabinet and unless there is something really wrong with it, chances are I'm getting it.

Ok, so my legends ultimate unexpectedly arrived today. Is there somewhere with detailed instructions on how to add games? Everything I’ve found comes across like it’s starting from step 3 or 4 and I’m clearly missing something.

Ok, so my legends ultimate unexpectedly arrived today. Is there somewhere with detailed instructions on how to add games? Everything I’ve found comes across like it’s starting from step 3 or 4 and I’m clearly missing something.
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPwK6ctxZps

he has all the links you need in the description, but basically it is as easy as downloading the Add On tool, running it, and selecting the options you want (title screen, any bezels you want, etc, or leave that stuff blank and just select the ROM and the mame core you want), and click" compile and save them to your flash drive.

Have you seen display units? If you have this somewhere that isn't for like home use that is going to be in a place with a lot of traffic like a school club, that thing is going to be beat to shit so quickly.

I was willing to pay maybe $200 but then I saw them in person and it completely changed my mind about that. I'd pay maybe $100 for one, and only the SF2 one so I could make a MAME cab for my son.

But I have a real KI2 cabinet that has MAME in it now so I doubt I'll get an A1up one. I'm actually looking to get at least 1 more real cabinet - a light gun one, and possibly a sit down racing cab. The only problem with the racing cab is that I don't think I can fit it through my basement door.

But Monday I'm going to check out a Maximum Force cabinet and unless there is something really wrong with it, chances are I'm getting it.
That's what I'm afraid of and why I'm waiting for them to be cheaper. The Legends Ultimate will be our main cab. These will mostly be just window dressing.

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPwK6ctxZps

he has all the links you need in the description, but basically it is as easy as downloading the Add On tool, running it, and selecting the options you want (title screen, any bezels you want, etc, or leave that stuff blank and just select the ROM and the mame core you want), and click" compile and save them to your flash drive.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Seems highly likely. Between unsold stock and returns, something will get discounted. Plus some people are bummed they remade the theme song so it fell off peoples wishlists. It sounds similar enough but isn't completely right.
Today I played my NES Classic with "arcade" folder I forgot about with unaltered original TMNT song and thought to myself, "why do I care about arcade1up again?"

I haven't been able to answer that question yet.

Damn will the Legends Arcade machines be available in stores today?
If it is, I can't imagine it will be an easy item to acquire, as these things have a pretty legendary status at the moment, and being the holidays.......Well, you get the picture I'm sure.

So unless your camping out right now for the 1-2 a store may have, just try for one next year once the holiday frenzy has died down. Cool unit though, and the only one I've actually considered, as it is actually full size and has tons of features, and great controls. This really did come out of left field, as no one in their right mind could have seen this coming.

With the higher price, I think they played it safe(and why we don't see tons at retail), as we see how much the 1UpArcade units get discounted on the regular. Even at full price, this thing seems worthy, so I don't think the profit is as good(since higher quality materials have been used), but the reputation will be. Which in the end equals dollars, as the public trust goes a long way, especially for a high dollar buy like this. I have really killer custom control set up, as well as no issues building my own emulation powerhouse cab, but for the average Joe, I can easily see why these are so popular ATM.

If it is, I can't imagine it will be an easy item to acquire, as these things have a pretty legendary status at the moment, and being the holidays.......Well, you get the picture I'm sure.

So unless your camping out right now for the 1-2 a store may have, just try for one next year once the holiday frenzy has died down. Cool unit though, and the only one I've actually considered, as it is actually full size and has tons of features, and great controls. This really did come out of left field, as no one in their right mind could have seen this coming.

With the higher price, I think they played it safe(and why we don't see tons at retail), as we see how much the 1UpArcade units get discounted on the regular. Even at full price, this thing seems worthy, so I don't think the profit is as good(since higher quality materials have been used), but the reputation will be. Which in the end equals dollars, as the public trust goes a long way, especially for a high dollar buy like this. I have really killer custom control set up, as well as no issues building my own emulation powerhouse cab, but for the average Joe, I can easily see why these are so popular ATM.
They’ll have to ramp up production or they’ll lose that floor space. Retailers won’t tolerate allocating valuable floor space for a non-stocked item.

Sam’s literally stacked them in a 6 x 4 space in the middle of the walkway. Sam’s is like that though- Inventory seems to be transient and unpredictable. Costco is same.

Sam’s literally stacked them in a 6 x 4 space in the middle of the walkway. Sam’s is like that though- Inventory seems to be transient and unpredictable. Costco is same.
I hate that because I'm 45 minutes from the closest Sam's, and the next closest is twice as far. I'd rather confirm they have some left before jumping in the car and heading over.

I was planning on getting a few A1U machines for my game room but I felt that TMNT one yesterday and it feels pretty cheap. Looks cool and that’s maybe my favorite arcade game ever. The Legends arcade looks perfect for me though and I love it’s full size and can easily add games.

I think these things will definitely be discounted more. As time goes on more and more people are realizing how much of a piece of crap they are for the most part, especially when you can get one that isn't made for little kids that will fit 2 grownups that also isn't made of paper mache.
Purbeast, if you truly think these things are a piece of crap and you don't want one, then why are you here? Honestly curious.....and if it's because you want to buy one cheaper - you said above that "you might buy a SF for $100 but not $200"....then why would you spend a dollar on these if they are a piece of crap? If someone offered me a literal piece of crap for a dollar, I would not wait until it was 25 cents and think "hmm, it's a piece of crap, but I'll give 25 cents for it and not a dollar....those people are crazy that bought it for a dollar!".

If you truly think these things are a piece of crap and you don't want one, then why are you here? Just curious why you even care to troll.
Many reviews on this topic but probably deep down they dont have the space or the cash to swing the Arcade1up. These things have a huge following and it's a craze even with people across the world building their own arcades in their homes. Just go on instagram and follow the hash tag and you will see the popularity. For the price compared to a authentic arcade it's an awesome new product. People should stop complaining and get back to their digital copies of games.

I was planning on getting a few A1U machines for my game room but I felt that TMNT one yesterday and it feels pretty cheap. Looks cool and that’s maybe my favorite arcade game ever. The Legends arcade looks perfect for me though and I love it’s full size and can easily add games.
They are cheap, that's why you can get a licensed mini TMNT 4 player cabinet for $200 a month or so after release. They are Ikea equivalents. Pressboard construction and it isn't even real T-molding on the edges, just plastic edge banding with adhesive. They are sturdy enough once you make it, but don't ever try to take it apart and put it back together, they aren't really made for that. Enjoy it for what it is.

Keep in mind that real arcade cabinets, with good quality plywood construction are significantly more expensive. When we made one, paint quality plywood for the sides and visible parts was a good $40 a sheet at Lowe's alone, and depending on the size, you can probably only get one side out of a 4x8 sheet (if you make a min, you can probably get both sides, but who makes their own stand up cabinet and makes it that small?).

Purbeast, if you truly think these things are a piece of crap and you don't want one, then why are you here? Honestly curious.....and if it's because you want to buy one cheaper - you said above that "you might buy a SF for $100 but not $200"....then why would you spend a dollar on these if they are a piece of crap? If someone offered me a literal piece of crap for a dollar, I would not wait until it was 25 cents and think "hmm, it's a piece of crap, but I'll give 25 cents for it and not a dollar....those people are crazy that bought it for a dollar!".
He asked a question about if the prices will drop, and I answered that I think they will because these things are cheap and crappy quality. That doesn't mean they don't have their place.

Sorry that you get offended that something you think is fantastic is something I think is cheap and crappy made. Someone doesn't agree with you so they are trolling. Okay...

These things look cool in pictures and the pics are just deceiving because you don't have any size relevance in them. I thought they looked cool and was considering the SF2 one at $300. But, then I went to Walmart and saw one on display and my tune completely changed. I'd be willing to bet many people in this thread have yet to see one in person.

They just look and feel like toys for little kids. And nothing is wrong with that. But I own a real arcade cabinet so by comparison, these little things are kind of a joke. And I paid $300 for my full sized cabinet back in 2001.

I'd still maybe get one of the A1up cabs for around $100 as I mentioned if I saw one. I wouldn't go out of my way. It would be cool for my 4 year old son to play with and is good sized for him and my nephews. But it's nothing I would probably use and can't really fit on to play.

Is that okay Mr. forum police man?

He asked a question about if the prices will drop, and I answered that I think they will because these things are cheap and crappy quality. That doesn't mean they don't have their place.

Sorry that you get offended that something you think is fantastic is something I think is cheap and crappy made. Someone doesn't agree with you so they are trolling. Okay...

These things look cool in pictures and the pics are just deceiving because you don't have any size relevance in them. I thought they looked cool and was considering the SF2 one at $300. But, then I went to Walmart and saw one on display and my tune completely changed. I'd be willing to bet many people in this thread have yet to see one in person.

They just look and feel like toys for little kids. And nothing is wrong with that. But I own a real arcade cabinet so by comparison, these little things are kind of a joke. And I paid $300 for my full sized cabinet back in 2001.

I'd still maybe get one of the A1up cabs for around $100 as I mentioned if I saw one. I wouldn't go out of my way. It would be cool for my 4 year old son to play with and is good sized for him and my nephews. But it's nothing I would probably use and can't really fit on to play.

Is that okay Mr. forum police man?
Lol, not offended in the least buddy....I have no problem with whatever your opinion is and I have expressed that before.....feel free to think anything you want and I 100% support the right for you to do so. I guess I don't understand why you would say they are a piece of crap and then actually want one.......a piece of crap is still a piece of crap, right? Again, I honestly was just trying to understand and that's on me.
Now, back to why this is cheapassgamer, anyone that is interested, check the walmart app. Final Fight,Street Fighter, and Galaga have dropped to 99$ for many locations.

Lol, not offended in the least buddy....I have no problem with whatever your opinion is and I have expressed that before.....feel free to think anything you want and I 100% support the right for you to do so. I guess I don't understand why you would say they are a piece of crap and then actually want one.......a piece of crap is still a piece of crap, right? Again, I honestly was just trying to understand and that's on me.
Now, back to why this is cheapassgamer, anyone that is interested, check the walmart app. Final Fight,Street Fighter, and Galaga have dropped to 99$ for many locations.
Not near me. Damn, got a little excited all for nothing, but such is the way with 1UP cabs in my area. The only change I've seen was the jump up in price after Thanksgiving week.

Not near me. Damn, got a little excited all for nothing, but such is the way with 1UP cabs in my area. The only change I've seen was the jump up in price after Thanksgiving week.
Just a sample of zip codes that have dropped to 99 for some cabs, 37874, 35005, 22980, 70119, 75231.....doesn't hurt to check your area. Also, even it shows out of stock, it doesn't mean you won't get lucky....I have found 3 cabs on the shelf in different stores even though the app and brickseek says out of stock.

After assembling and using the TMNT cab for a few weeks I’m definitely impressed by the quality. I expected junk but this thing is solid and if it’s not abused and used as intended there is nothing wrong with the wood used and it will hold up for a long while.

The one near me hasn't even opened yet and doesn't even have any in stock. Great phantom deal.
They definitely used this to drive store visits knowingly not having inventory. Shit move to sell them all online @ midnight while publishing a sales ad saying “doors open @7 am.”

This is business.

After assembling and using the TMNT cab for a few weeks I’m definitely impressed by the quality. I expected junk but this thing is solid and if it’s not abused and used as intended there is nothing wrong with the wood used and it will hold up for a long while
So will Ikea furniture if you take care of it, but it is what it is and the price is appropriate. I mainly said that as a reference to anyone that expects them to be rugged as a real arcade cabinet for that price. It isn’t dissing Arcade1ups for being what they are supposed to be.

The main issue with the wood is that presswood like that does not take well to being disassembled as it will hold a screw fine the first time, not so much after being removed then reassembled. Just don’t take it apart to move it and all will be fine if you don’t abuse it.

So will Ikea furniture if you take care of it, but it is what it is and the price is appropriate. I mainly said that as a reference to anyone that expects them to be rugged as a real arcade cabinet for that price. It isn’t dissing Arcade1ups for being what they are supposed to be.

The main issue with the wood is that presswood like that does not take well to being disassembled as it will hold a screw fine the first time, not so much after being removed then reassembled. Just don’t take it apart to move it and all will be fine if you don’t abuse it.
Yeah, I 100% agree that these are cheap, and that if not treated properly, they will go to shit, but that can be said for most things. While I do find these rather cheap on a personal level(and why I'll probably never buy one), it is also why these things are so popular. No one cared for a full size Pac-man cab for $1000+ and no space or way to move it when needed.

Now of course "quality" is in the eye the beholder, so if others see these as quality, you can't really argue that, at least not if that's their opinion. Having a full size arcade game of great quality wasn't feasible 30+ years ago, and it's still not. That's why I buy the New Wave Toys & Numskull 1/4-1/6 cabs, as those are perfect in most ways, just not the overall size. But many find that a foolish endeavor, as I could get a 1up for less and get more.

But what makes these popular is lost on me, as I can emulate all these titles rather easily, if all I want to do is play the game. On the collecting side, I want arcade authentic, and that's why I buy what I do. For those who just want to relive a moment in time, and like the smaller, lighter, and sleeker form factor, this is their market. The same way Ikea gets the business it does, is due to their own specific market, and catering to that group.

But what makes these popular is lost on me, as I can emulate all these titles rather easily, if all I want to do is play the game. On the collecting side, I want arcade authentic, and that's why I buy what I do. For those who just want to relive a moment in time, and like the smaller, lighter, and sleeker form factor, this is their market. The same way Ikea gets the business it does, is due to their own specific market, and catering to that group.
There is something about playing games in the original way they were intended. Sure you can emulate them and play em on PC or on a console or something, but you will be playing them with a controller most likely.

It's definitely super convenient to play them that way though, as you can hook them to any TV. You also have the upscale with better resolution.

The A1up cabs are probably the closest you can get to playing in their original form just because it's joysticks in a cab. Sure it's smaller, less quality controls, and you are playing them on a tiny screen that isn't a CRT, but it is the closest you can really get without a real cabinet.

I know a lot of people prefer LCD with the higher resolution, but with these old games, I prefer the original graphics and resolution on a CRT. Again, it's just actually playing the game as it was designed to be played. That, and of course nostalgia.

There is something about playing games in the original way they were intended. Sure you can emulate them and play em on PC or on a console or something, but you will be playing them with a controller most likely.

It's definitely super convenient to play them that way though, as you can hook them to any TV. You also have the upscale with better resolution.

The A1up cabs are probably the closest you can get to playing in their original form just because it's joysticks in a cab. Sure it's smaller, less quality controls, and you are playing them on a tiny screen that isn't a CRT, but it is the closest you can really get without a real cabinet.

I know a lot of people prefer LCD with the higher resolution, but with these old games, I prefer the original graphics and resolution on a CRT. Again, it's just actually playing the game as it was designed to be played. That, and of course nostalgia.
Indeed, if your only interest is in playing the games, buy a tank stick from X-Arcade and download the latest set of MAME Roms. My standard X-Arcade stick I bought 20 years ago still works perfectly, and feels much like the games at the barcade near me. There are even better (but more expensive) stick options out there as well. Playing the game near (but conveniently smaller than) full sized with authentic artwork on the cabinet is the appeal of the 1UP cabs. Merely playing the game can be done for much cheaper.

Got my legends ultimate put together and got some games working on it, thanks for links earlier. Only issue I’m running into is it’s LOUD and the volume buttons do nothing.

I guess anyone who planned on suplexing and elbowdropping their machine may need to reconsider.

Yeah, that's just it, for me, these are far and away very much different to the OG arcade versions. The height alone is a deal breaker for me, as even with the riser the height is very much off. Then for games like Star Wars and Tempest, a true Vector display is needed, and that's not the case either. The rotary controller is complete garbage, and for most, that's OK, but for me, "close" enough, is not close at all, as it's not original.

So if I'm not getting original, why not get benefits like real time save, improved graphics, controls and or other features that modern tech can offer. So once again, if I'm not playing as it was originally intended, I'm gonna play in the best possible way, which would be a custom set up. But yeah, I love that so many people are reliving their childhoods, as that's what this is all about, these particular cabs just aren't for me.

bread's done
Back