The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are anything like Costco, just hold up any random card in your wallet and keep walking. I've done this with a driver's license, credit card, business card, etc. I've even held up my hand pretending to be holding a card with literally nothing in it and have still never once been stopped. The funny part is I actually do have a membership, i just enjoy seeing how easy it would be to sneak in.
ur store got ppl who dont care lol.

Where are you guys buying risers at? I forgot Walmart doesn't PM anymore and they're the only place around with them in-stock. I feel like $45 is a rip-off but I don't want to go cheap on a $180 arcade and just put it on some shit IKEA table. : \
I just bought one at Wal-Mart, it was $40 which I agree is a bit steep, but I couldn't find them anywhere else and figured if I did they'd be around the same price. It was worth at the end of the day though.

My Arcade1up Street Fighter straight out of the box had multiple issues. The main last one is “phantom” inputs of Fierce Punch when using the right side joystick. They sent me a replacement joystick but the problem still exists. The quality between joysticks is very noticeable so the left side joystick feels like garbage comparably. Now they think a new PCBA will fix the problem. I think it’s the board in the control deck. Any ideas?
My Final Fight cabinet that is about a month old has an issue where it will lose the video from the board. I ended up fixing it after messing around with it a bit, but had already contacted support and they are sending me a new board. Hoping they don't want the original one back so I can just have a backup for when it happens again. For your situation though I'd recommend just upgrading your sticks and buttons, I feel like the SF2 cabinet needs the upgrade to get the most out of it since the parts used aren't great for fighting games IMO.

Considering picking up a SF2 cab as my first mod, but it seems the cheapest online is $199. According to brickseek, the walmart location near me had them at $74 but long sold out. What are the chances I can order this as pickup at the walmart location that had it for $74 and have them return/rebuy for the lower price? Has anyone tried this? 

I have a Retrocade G Cab. I would pay someone to mod or assist with the mod. I cannot find anything on the internet or YouTube. The links are for the Retrocade console (which is excellent BTW).

Considering picking up a SF2 cab as my first mod, but it seems the cheapest online is $199. According to brickseek, the walmart location near me had them at $74 but long sold out. What are the chances I can order this as pickup at the walmart location that had it for $74 and have them return/rebuy for the lower price? Has anyone tried this?
I know the thread is getting long, but if you skim through it you’ll see many people have done this. I’ve done it once and and had a family member do it once as well.

I just picked up TMNT from a local Walmart for $200. Hopefully, it'll continue to go cheaper, if not, no big deal, it'll go in the Xmas pile for the...... Kids.

Where did you find TMNT for $200?
Was it in brickseek or clearly marked at the store?

I've been looking for this in Miami, FL but no luck as of yet.

I know the thread is getting long, but if you skim through it you’ll see many people have done this. I’ve done it once and and had a family member do it once as well.
Where are you seeing the $74, on brickseek or the Walmart app? I assume you have to show them some sort of proof of the past $74 price?

I just picked up TMNT from a local Walmart for $200. Hopefully, it'll continue to go cheaper, if not, no big deal, it'll go in the Xmas pile for the...... Kids.
I'm also interested where'd you see that? Brickseek says 99 percent of stores are full price. I'd definitely bite at 200 without thinking twice.

Was somebody here looking for Golden Tee?  I found one in a store called Homegoods.  $100 cheaper than Walmart too.

[attachment=33371:golden tee.jpg]

That's an amazing app, thanks for sharing. Blows brickseek away for this.
I’ve noticed deals.consolekits seems to be a day behind. Really great site though.

Was somebody here looking for Golden Tee? I found one in a store called Homegoods. $100 cheaper than Walmart too.

golden tee.jpg
Me! Me! Me! Walmart has had it on and off for $299 online lately. Really debating pulling the trigger. I have so much amazon credit though I’d love to see them have it for $299. I e still not actually seen one in a store though.

Also homegoods had an AWESOME selection of stools. Went there looking for furniture for my wife and I browsed their stools and chairs. I had about 5 different ones I really liked that had to choose from. Went with what I assume is supposed to be a kids chair but it worked perfectly for the Arcade1up. Love it.

Where are you seeing the $74, on brickseek or the Walmart app? I assume you have to show them some sort of proof of the past $74 price?
Both. The first time I ordered Galaga for $74 for in store pickup. It sold out by the time they accepted the pickup (took like 4 days) and they shipped a new one to store. When I get there to pick it up I kindly asked them to scan the price. They did a return rebuy with zero fuss.

The second time I had my aunt do the same thing with 2 final fights (she wanted them for Christmas presents and would have paid the $150 they were on sale for). Did a store pickup at the $74 price, order took a week to go through, return/rebuy. Both very pleasant experiences (and I hate Walmart).

I’ve noticed deals.consolekits seems to be a day behind. Really great site though.

Me! Me! Me! Walmart has had it on and off for $299 online lately. Really debating pulling the trigger. I have so much amazon credit though I’d love to see them have it for $299. I e still not actually seen one in a store though.

Both. The first time I ordered Galaga for $74 for in store pickup. It sold out by the time they accepted the pickup (took like 4 days) and they shipped a new one to store. When I get there to pick it up I kindly asked them to scan the price. They did a return rebuy with zero fuss.

The second time I had my aunt do the same thing with 2 final fights (she wanted them for Christmas presents and would have paid the $150 they were on sale for). Did a store pickup at the $74 price, order took a week to go through, return/rebuy. Both very pleasant experiences (and I hate Walmart).
Thanks for this, hope I will have the same success 😊

Thanks for this, hope I will have the same success 😊
Screenshot the $74 if you can (if it’s in the Walmart app). Don’t show them brickseek. Play it kind of dumb and don’t be a dick.

“Hey I saw this in the Walmart app for $74 when I ordered it. I thought I was getting it at that price. Can you scan it and see what it rings up as?”

Then do a return rebuy. Be nice. Worst case they say no and you just return it. In that situation, try and rebuy it when they put it back on the floor.

Where did you find TMNT for $200?
Was it in brickseek or clearly marked at the store?

I've been looking for this in Miami, FL but no luck as of yet.
Brickseek. I check daily. One local store finally dropped to 300, then a few days later this one dropped to 200

Interesting new search site, although it lists TMNT as still $350 at my local store and it scanned as $400 yesterday.

Last weekend a friend at work told me that in a town nearby where he lived Walmart had the TMNT cab for $200.  Brickseek and the walmart app still showed $400  until today.  It now shows $200.  I picked one up earlier today.

my legends ultimate arcade is scheduled for delivery today, i am excited!

i’ve read complaints that the current firmware wasn’t working correctly with add on uce’s.

which firmware version is the best for mame uce’s currently?

my legends ultimate arcade is scheduled for delivery today, i am excited!

i’ve read complaints that the current firmware wasn’t working correctly with add on uce’s.

which firmware version is the best for mame uce’s currently?
They fixed that. Let it update normally.

Brickseek shows my Walmart has TMNT for $100 but only that store so I ran over to find it still marked at $399. Not sure where brickseek gets its bad info.

Brickseek shows my Walmart has TMNT for $100 but only that store so I ran over to find it still marked at $399. Not sure where brickseek gets its bad info.
Define MARKED.

Did you scan it with the app? Or get someone to do a price check?

EVERY single clearanced cab I have found was not marked and had no signage. Scan with the app to see what it really rings up as.

The only reason people are finding $74 clearance cabs is because they aren’t labeled as such.

The girl in electronics scanned it for me and said she sold one yesterday for $399 so wasn’t sure what it meant when I showed her the brickseek app showing it for $100.

My store is only open 6am-midnight

Walmart’s golden tee price is all over the place every day! $299. $329. $349. Back to $299. Now $399.

I need it to hold at $299 again so I can try a target price match!

Screenshot the $74 if you can (if it’s in the Walmart app). Don’t show them brickseek. Play it kind of dumb and don’t be a dick.

“Hey I saw this in the Walmart app for $74 when I ordered it. I thought I was getting it at that price. Can you scan it and see what it rings up as?”

Then do a return rebuy. Be nice. Worst case they say no and you just return it. In that situation, try and rebuy it when they put it back on the floor.
Cool, thanks for the tip :mrgreen:

What a productive day yesterday. Managed to see an advance screening of Rise of Skywalker and drove the car to the Walmart in NJ (Bayonne location) and picked up the TMNT arcade cabinet. It was marked down to $200 and according to Brickseek they have about 2-3 left in stock. You have to ask an employee to grab it from the backroom as there was none on the floor. Excited as this is my first cabinet and can't wait to build and mod it  :bouncy: Good luck to my fellow New Yorkers searching for this cab for a great price.

What a productive day yesterday. Managed to see an advance screening of Rise of Skywalker and drove the car to the Walmart in NJ (Bayonne location) and picked up the TMNT arcade cabinet. It was marked down to $200 and according to Brickseek they have about 2-3 left in stock. You have to ask an employee to grab it from the backroom as there was none on the floor. Excited as this is my first cabinet and can't wait to build and mod it :bouncy: Good luck to my fellow New Yorkers searching for this cab for a great price.
Hanging out in my old stomping grounds, eh??

I setup my Legends Ultimate last night, easy and quick (just screws) with adequate instruction.

For anyone curious,

The cab arrived in good shape, will inspect exterior more carefully when I get the chance.

Almost all tech is in the control panel.

Lightup marquee and speakers are a nice touch.

Monitor is a nice size.

Wifi setup worked and firmware updated without issue.

Haven’t tried Arcadenet

Free blast dongle works and so does my usb drive addon uces (just grabbed a working collection to test out)

I will investigate (or create myself if need be) more uce’s

NBA Jam, Turtles, Golden Axe, Tempest, Marble Madness all work great.

Fix it Felix Jr is swell

I need to get and test Golden Tee 97/98/99

World Class bowling worked great but has this visual lane issue so I need to try another uce.

Controls feel good, not top of the line, but comfortable to play.

Front-end works well enough (only thumbnails so far)

Game Bezels look nice

Minimal settings (scanline on/off), pixel perfect/fit/fill/center

I have not tested streaming games (hope to be able to stream 3d chd games (NFL Blitz, Killer Instinct, Gauntlet Legends, etc) that work on my pc but too much for the cab’s hardware

All in all, seems like a good deal for a smaller/slimmer footprint full size multicade.

I’m curious about future enhancements and would love it if AtGames offered higher powered upgrade boards (or premium control panel with sanwa parts) with larger built in storage for newer versions of mame and 3d chd games.

I need to get and test Golden Tee 97/98/99

World Class bowling worked great but has this visual lane issue so I need to try another uce.
Lemme know when you get to golden tee what you use for trackball settings (sensitivity and speed). I have 2k, classics, and Fore! Running great on my pc based cabinet but I don’t have the trackball down perfectly yet. Driving is perfect but chip shots and such all have to be gently hit.

Have world class bowling running great on my pc cab. Looks perfect. It has the lane graphic issue on my pi build too but I haven’t really played with it.

I’d also suggest you give Capcom Bowling, Coke’s light bowling (same game but skinned with colts light), and krazy bowling a try. All great trackball bowling games.

Edit: classic Autocorrect. Coor’s Light Bowling. Not Coke’s Light. :)

Couple of Walmarts near me dropped Mortal Kombat to $99 or $150.  These are the same stores that dropped the Turtles to $200 last week.  

Lemme know when you get to golden tee what you use for trackball settings (sensitivity and speed). I have 2k, classics, and Fore! Running great on my pc based cabinet but I don’t have the trackball down perfectly yet. Driving is perfect but chip shots and such all have to be gently hit.

Have world class bowling running great on my pc cab. Looks perfect. It has the lane graphic issue on my pi build too but I haven’t really played with it.

I’d also suggest you give Capcom Bowling, Coke’s light bowling (same game but skinned with colts light), and krazy bowling a try. All great trackball bowling games.
Coor's Light Bowling

Edit: classic Autocorrect. Coor’s Light Bowling. Not Coke’s Light. :)
On my pc, I use xarcade tankstick, gameex arcade edition frontend, mame 0.189 (i think). this frontend just works with the tankstick automatically.

Trackball works great as-is for bowling, golf, lightgun, etc

For Legends Ultimate so far:

Golden Tee 97/98/99/2k/3d, mame2010 core, low speed settings

World Class Bowling/Deluxe/etc either mame2003 (visual glitch) or mame2010 (sound glitch “popping sound”)

Marble Madness, use medium speed

Below I built not include with current UCE collection I posted earlier

Mame 2003 working : popeye, dk, dkjr, time pilot, altered beast, kung fu master, strider, robotron and smash tv (2P not dual stick), zaxxon (no sound), indy jones temple of doom

Mame 2010 : double dragon 1 and 2, ghouls n ghosts, star wars, gt97/98/99/2k/3d, wcbowl

Scored a $100 Final Fight cabinet last night at WM! Very Happy! Take back all I said about non-deservers!

Is Pac-Man for $199 considered a good deal? This one seems pretty rare around me for some reason. Called the store and the guy confirmed they have sone in stock and they're $300 (the walmart app clearly shows $199 so I think they are marked wrong in store).

On my pc, I use xarcade tankstick, gameex arcade edition frontend, mame 0.189 (i think). this frontend just works with the tankstick automatically.

Trackball works great as-is for bowling, golf, lightgun, etc

For Legends Ultimate so far:

Golden Tee 97/98/99/2k/3d, mame2010 core, low speed settings

World Class Bowling/Deluxe/etc either mame2003 (visual glitch) or mame2010 (sound glitch “popping sound”)

Marble Madness, use medium speed

Below I built not include with current UCE collection I posted earlier

Mame 2003 working : popeye, dk, dkjr, time pilot, altered beast, kung fu master, strider, robotron and smash tv (2P not dual stick), zaxxon (no sound), indy jones temple of doom

Mame 2010 : double dragon 1 and 2, ghouls n ghosts, star wars, gt97/98/99/2k/3d, wcbowl
Next time your’e playing golden tee, would you one hitting tab and seeing what numbers your speed and sensitivity are set to? I’m always curious what other people have it set up as. I still need to adjust for my short shots.

Not for me right now. Happens occasionally though.

Stopped by Walmart to get a $99 Mortal Kombat, but they sold all 7 units they had in less than 24 hours. Manager then tried to sell me the $200 Turtles. I said sure if it's $99. We both chuckled and silently walked away.
A $200 Turtles is not a bad deal. I definitely would have been tempted by that one.

deals.consolekits said that a local WM had a Centipede for $75, but when I got there, there weren't any. The main electronics department had an empty space where one was purchased, and the stack marked $299 was much lower than it usually is.

deals.consolekits said that a local WM had a Centipede for $75, but when I got there, there weren't any. The main electronics department had an empty space where one was purchased, and the stack marked $299 was much lower than it usually is.
Sounds like a mystery for Scoobie Doo and the gang to solve.

Order online

Ship to store

Return-rebuy

Got my Final Fight cab assembled and running. The graphics seem more pixelated than the same game running on MAME, but otherwise it's really nice.

bread's done
Back