The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
maaan, the Marshalls by my work hasn't knocked it down from $299 yet, kinda saddened by this.
In NJ. I’ve only just recently even seen a golden tee in a store. Walmart. Still full price. No Marshall’s or anyone else near me has them. I’d instantly buy at 200 or less.

For anyone who's modded their machines with RPI, what's the deal with the power and volume buttons? Are you actually doing something to retain functionality or are you just lopping them off ETA Prime style (because there's no way I'm doing that).

For anyone who's modded their machines with RPI, what's the deal with the power and volume buttons? Are you actually doing something to retain functionality or are you just lopping them off ETA Prime style (because there's no way I'm doing that).
There are ways to get them somewhat working using the GPIO pins on the pi..... At least for the power button.

I replaced my control panel entirely.

Even if I didn’t, I have the pi with an on/off usb power switch. I leave it on. I have that plugged into a smart outlet and power it on and off by saying “Alexa, turn on/off the arcade.”

I have a backup saved of my rasp pi image should it ever fail.

Edit- stupid autocorrect typo

I received my set of tables from Amazon yesterday. Had they been for anything other than this I would have been upset as they came with some damage. Overall I'm satisfied with how they came out. Thanks again for the suggestion. I may go back later on and get another set as I still have one more machine.

[attachment=33550:IMG_20200114_164521697.jpg][attachment=33551:IMG_20200116_073915422.jpg]

[attachment=33552:IMG_20200116_161735002.jpg]

I replzz as fed my control panel entirely.

Even if I didn’t, I have the pi with an on/off usb power switch. I leave it on. I have that plugged into a smart outlet and power it on and off by saying “Alexa, turn on/off the arcade.”

I have a backup saved of my rasp pi image should it ever fail.
Where's a good place to get a new control panel that I can hook up directly to RPI? I've already got a configured RPI, spare monitor, and computer speakers - now I'm thinking of just getting a control panel and calling it a day without even bothering with modding a 1up. I'll worry about building a cabinet later.

I received my set of tables from Amazon yesterday. Had they been for anything other than this I would have been upset as they came with some damage. Overall I'm satisfied with how they came out. Thanks again for the suggestion. I may go back later on and get another set as I still have one more machine.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20200114_164521697.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20200116_073915422.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_20200116_161735002.jpg
i got my first set of tables on tuesday and they were fine, got my 2nd set yesterday and one of the legs was broken so now i have to wait til Monday. They aren't bad tables but the box they ship them in sucks, i get they are cheap but i don't see how any make it undamaged.

Arcade1up finally has all the deck protectors in stock for all the ones that didn't come with one. Sucks they take forever to ship but i missed out when they were free.

I actually like the look of the table more than the official riser. I'd probably paint the legs black though.

I bit and paid 350 for a tmnt cab. My area isn't getting clearance and all my local stores within an hour only have 1 in stock. I decided to just do it rather than regret it later.

You won't regret it! My kids and I love our TMNT cab!
I just got home from work and unboxed it. I'm already in love with the art. I kept taking pieces out saying "ohhh it's sooooo cool!" haha.

Any tips for assembly tomorrow? From anyone who's put one of these together, not necessarily tmnt just the cabs in general. I'm no stranger to prefab furniture. Happy to see there aren't any of those "cams" that sometimes come with stuff.

I just got home from work and unboxed it. I'm already in love with the art. I kept taking pieces out saying "ohhh it's sooooo cool!" haha.

Any tips for assembly tomorrow? From anyone who's put one of these together, not necessarily tmnt just the cabs in general. I'm no stranger to prefab furniture. Happy to see there aren't any of those "cams" that sometimes come with stuff.
I just assembled my first cab (Final Fight.) Everything was very straight forward and painless.

leave the monitor a little loose so you can move the brackets around a bit when you screw in the other side. other than that follow the directions is easy.

When you build the riser be extra careful of the facing of the sides and screw holes. There is one step early that doesn’t clearly show where to orient the holes and you may have to disassemble most of it to correct it.

Be careful with electric driver too. Overdriving the screws will easily strip them and possibly crack the wood.

The advice on the monitor plastic mounts is good- leave them loose so they slide with pressure then position them to attach to the cab- these are easy to crack or stress if not aligned.

I can’t say enough good things about diyretroarcade. Great site and great guy. I’ve ordered 2 control panels from him with custom artwork- a 3 button single player with trackball and a 6 button single player with trackball. Both came out amazing.
I feel the same, perfect craftsmanship.
[attachment=33574:B0E332A7-810C-4DCD-A598-BFB4BE04211E.jpeg]

I feel the same, perfect craftsmanship.
attachicon.gif
B0E332A7-810C-4DCD-A598-BFB4BE04211E.jpeg
Looks great! Here’s mine. I messed up the bezel on the “neo geo” cab and will remake it. The marquee has a 7” monitor that displays the art or marquee of the game you are playing. Super happy with how both came out.

[attachment=33577:2E678CAD-7BF6-45D7-894B-FD76D7E334CF.jpeg][attachment=33580:DC18D753-6305-4092-9986-0109FB02B4EC.jpeg]

[attachment=33581:71201220-F1DB-4036-8DB5-4B0B5E870AE2.jpeg]

It’s also impossible for me to get a good shot of these. Or for them to not be dirty. 3 year olds. Thank god for extra plexi on the screens and deck protectors!

Thanks for the help guys. Had a ton of fun building it. Up until the riser. It's like they didn't pre drill the holes deep enough. My forearms and shoulders are killing me from screwing it together. I should have just gotten my drill but it wasn't charged and I'm stubborn to wait.

8m definitely on the lookout for another machine to hollow out and use for an rpi setup. I have one I built maybe 2 years ago, but it's in a generic wooden box that has holes I drilled myself. Hooks up to a TV. These little cabinets are too perfect. Hopefully I can find one for a hundred bucks somewhere to gut.

That's badass. Did you have him do the buttons too or did you do that yourself? I'd want something that that with a trackball and suzo happ buttons that could just plug into the RPI directly via usb.
He sells only the CP with all the buttons/joystick holes. I bought the buttons and did the wires myself. It’s easy, just paying attention to plug in order. The website sells everything that you would need: buttons, controller board, wires, amp, power outlet, custom panels to attach new speakers etc... [attachment=33583:0F77DD51-9F00-45AC-B5A1-FFE652435378.jpeg]

And I decided to install an on/off switch using the back panel and an old surge strip.

[attachment=33584:B0C6C14F-120D-433A-BE56-32BE16EDFD26.jpeg]

Looks great! Here’s mine. I messed up the bezel on the “neo geo” cab and will remake it. The marquee has a 7” monitor that displays the art or marquee of the game you are playing. Super happy with how both came out.
2E678CAD-7BF6-45D7-894B-FD76D7E334CF.jpeg DC18D753-6305-4092-9986-0109FB02B4EC.jpeg
71201220-F1DB-4036-8DB5-4B0B5E870AE2.jpeg
It’s also impossible for me to get a good shot of these. Or for them to not be dirty. 3 year olds. Thank god for extra plexi on the screens and deck protectors!
They are great! Did you ask for an extra plexiglass? The NeoGeo CP is incredible! Congrats!

Oh boy that's exactly what I need. Are the tabletop 1up machines the same size control panel? If I can get one for $100 I'll do it right now hah...

They are great! Did you ask for an extra plexiglass? The NeoGeo CP is incredible! Congrats!
I ordered the control panels with the additional deck protector from him, just like Arcade1up sells. The plexi over the monitors- Lowes sells and cuts plexi for you if you have one nearby.

Found Galaga w custom riser for $139 at TJ Max recently
Would love to score that deal. Where are you all finding these TJ Max and Marshall's deals? The stores near me have like one small row of electronics and computer accessories and putting just a couple Arcade1up boxes would take up half that space.

Would love to score that deal. Where are you all finding these TJ Max and Marshall's deals? The stores near me have like one small row of electronics and computer accessories and putting just a couple Arcade1up boxes would take up half that space.
First post, joined to post a reply here about this but apparently there's a 1-week period where you can't make posts so it's no longer valid :(

My local Marshall's both have Golden Tee for $300 including the light up marquee and riser. It's by the usual "Christmas" or "Father's Day" section where they stick the seasonal guy stuff. One it was behind stacks of other junk (blue tooth speakers, long brooms for cleaning off your car, etc) and only could see it from the side. Nowhere near the usual electronics section with headphones, charging bricks, etc.

I finally got my first one, a Rampage machine for $200 from Walmart. Not the best deal, but my nephew loves that game and I probably stuck $1,000 worth of quarters into Gauntlet machines growing up so well worth it. My next stop was eBay to buy a set of the 3 character funkos that should be delivered soon.

This post is all over the place since it's my first reply, but as others have said the volume is sooooooo high on these! I found that on the Rampage machine, where the speaker holes are located in a small area on the right side of the play deck, a flat cork drink coaster is the PERFECT sized and dampens the sound on low so that it's not disruptive to others. Cheap fix to make the machine more user friendly and to put an adult beverage :)

Hello, I am in Western, NY (Rochester) and have seen Pac-Man, Galaga and Golden Tee at TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Hoping to find Golden Tee for $139 but I may have to travel to even look.

Hello, I am in Western, NY (Rochester) and have seen Pac-Man, Galaga and Golden Tee at TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Hoping to find Golden Tee for $139 but I may have to travel to even look.
I’m in central NJ. I’ve only seen an in stock golden tee ONCE and that was at a Walmart and at full price. Haven’t seen it since. At this point I may as well just wait for the golden tee/silver strike cab coming out later this year.

I could've sworn Walmart dropped the price of the TMNT cabs to $300? I stopped in one this morning and it was $400. Website showed $400 as well.

Also, I guess finding a Rampage cab is impossible now?

as an aside, if you all have a decent computer, a decent wifi network, and a legends ultimate arcade machine then the local streaming feature works pretty well with the coinops next frontend.

might want to use the arcade edition for streaming, but the latency is negligible and allows for games that the legends ultimate and/or pi cannot run (or have issues) such as nfl blitz, games with samples (dk), as well as later systems such as dreamcast with the full frontend (crazy taxi, daytona usa, etc)

it works fairly well out of the box w/o configuration for arcade games. later systems default config is for a xbox gamepad (haven’t attempted reconfiguration as of yet)

i was playing punch-out!! wii and having a blast (need to reconfigure its controls at some point since i was only able to punch left handed and star punch...still kickin butt though)

also ultra street fighter 4 is included and played good with minimal latency as well
I want to do this! Have any good guides?

I got mine last week for $200 at a Walmart in the Raleigh/Durham area. Oddly enough, I drove 25 miles to get it since the Walmart App showed it as the only place in stock near me...then this past weekend, looking for a riser for it, l saw it in stock at 2 or 3 more Walmarts that listed it as not being in stock. Brickseek is a tease too as it shows every machine (minus Golden Tee) being at my closest Walmart all on clearance for either $74 or $139 and I can say for a fact that they've NEVER had any in stock for the past 6 months or so. Brickseek is still taunting me saying they have 4-5 Pac-Man units for $74.

So it's really just hit and miss mixed with luck. If you really want one, I'd scope out your local Walmart locations and map out a plan of attack for hitting them up, you might get lucky.

I got mine last week for $200 at a Walmart in the Raleigh/Durham area. Oddly enough, I drove 25 miles to get it since the Walmart App showed it as the only place in stock near me...then this past weekend, looking for a riser for it, l saw it in stock at 2 or 3 more Walmarts that listed it as not being in stock. Brickseek is a tease too as it shows every machine (minus Golden Tee) being at my closest Walmart all on clearance for either $74 or $139 and I can say for a fact that they've NEVER had any in stock for the past 6 months or so. Brickseek is still taunting me saying they have 4-5 Pac-Man units for $74.

So it's really just hit and miss mixed with luck. If you really want one, I'd scope out your local Walmart locations and map out a plan of attack for hitting them up, you might get lucky.
I've seen Rampage in stock for $200 at multiple Walmarts for the past couple months. Being a wave 1 system with no control panel overlay and broken Gauntlet rom, I won't even think about touching that one until it dips below $100.

I've seen Rampage in stock for $200 at multiple Walmarts for the past couple months. Being a wave 1 system with no control panel overlay and broken Gauntlet rom, I won't even think about touching that one until it dips below $100.
What's broken with the Gauntlet ROM? I hadn't heard anything about that (but I'm new to the whole Arcade1up scene). Also, mine came with the clear plastic overlay if that's what you're talking about. If you're talking about something you can put over it for the other games to show the different control layouts I'd be super mad to not get one as that would be really handy!

What's broken with the Gauntlet ROM? I hadn't heard anything about that (but I'm new to the whole Arcade1up scene). Also, mine came with the clear plastic overlay if that's what you're talking about. If you're talking about something you can put over it for the other games to show the different control layouts I'd be super mad to not get one as that would be really handy!
Plexiglass control panel overlay. Apparently when these first came out, the graphics were very quickly rubbing off, then they offered people the overlays for free, then you had to pay for them, then newer machines started coming with them, and now you're saying older machines come with them?

As far as Gauntlet, apparently there was a bug where you couldn't go past a certain level or something - then people said they would send you new boards with a fixed Gauntlet rom, but some other issue may have been introduced (I think). No clue what the current state of that issue is.

And that's kind of the problem that prevents me from ever wanting to pay full retail price for any of these (especially wave 1 units, and the Rampage 1 in particular). It's so hard to keep up with all the covert changes and what you are actually going to get. I did end up getting the Costco MK one for $350, thinking that was about to go extinct and I'd never have a chance to get one again (and the specs are supposedly superior to the walmart version) - then at CES a week later they mentioned re-releasing that one again with unspecified changes (if I had to guess, I'd say at least with volume slider, dual speakers, more angled screen maybe). Fricken annoying.

Anyways, I don't know if that $200 Rampage I've been seeing is a newer revision or leftover problem model. If I could confirm it was a newer fixed version I'd probably jump on it, but currently $200 is too much for me to spend time experimenting.

Plexiglass control panel overlay. Apparently when these first came out, the graphics were very quickly rubbing off, then they offered people the overlays for free, then you had to pay for them, then newer machines started coming with them, and now you're saying older machines come with them?

As far as Gauntlet, apparently there was a bug where you couldn't go past a certain level or something - then people said they would send you new boards with a fixed Gauntlet rom, but some other issue may have been introduced (I think). No clue what the current state of that issue is.

And that's kind of the problem that prevents me from ever wanting to pay full retail price for any of these (especially wave 1 units, and the Rampage 1 in particular). It's so hard to keep up with all the covert changes and what you are actually going to get. I did end up getting the Costco MK one for $350, thinking that was about to go extinct and I'd never have a chance to get one again (and the specs are supposedly superior to the walmart version) - then at CES a week later they mentioned re-releasing that one again with unspecified changes (if I had to guess, I'd say at least with volume slider, dual speakers, more angled screen maybe). Fricken annoying.

Anyways, I don't know if that $200 Rampage I've been seeing is a newer revision or leftover problem model. If I could confirm it was a newer fixed version I'd probably jump on it, but currently $200 is too much for me to spend time experimenting.
Interesting, thanks for the history!

Mine came with the clear plastic thing on top of the play deck with a sticker on it saying "remove protective layer prior to installing" or something like that so I stuck the whole thing off to the side thinking the hard plastic was the "protective layer"! The instructions that came with the game had NO MENTION of it. Thought it was garbage. It was like a couple days later, when I was cleaning my stuff up to throw out/recycle that I noticed that the hard plastic had a thin protective film on both sides. So then I realized, DUH, that's supposed to go on the machine!

The machine had recessed holes so the screws went all the way in, with the plastic protective layer they stick out as the holes aren't recessed. But it's nice to know the deck is protected.

Guess mine came with it but with no indication on the box or anything. Hope it's fixed for not getting past a certain level as I've only made it level 12 so far in Gauntlet. It really needs a pause button for bathroom and/or beverage breaks :)

Oh, one other thing I noticed and was surprised by was that the high scores aren't stored when you turn the machine off. Swore I read that it kept them, but can absolutely confirm mine does not keep them.

(edited to make my post be legible in English...edited again to point out the scoreboard note)

Interesting, thanks for the history!

Mine came with the clear plastic thing on top of the play deck with a sticker on it saying "remove protective layer prior to installing" or something like that so I stuck the whole thing off to the side thinking the hard plastic was the "protective layer"! The instructions that came with the game had NO MENTION of it. Thought it was garbage. It was like a couple days later, when I was cleaning my stuff up to throw out/recycle that I noticed that the hard plastic had a thin protective film on both sides. So then I realized, DUH, that's supposed to go on the machine!

The machine had recessed holes so the screws went all the way in, with the plastic protective layer they stick out as the holes aren't recessed. But it's nice to know the deck is protected.

Guess mine came with it but with no indication on the box or anything. Hope it's fixed for not getting past a certain level as I've only made it level 12 so far in Gauntlet. It really needs a pause button for bathroom and/or beverage breaks :)

Oh, one other thing I noticed and was surprised by was that the high scores aren't stored when you turn the machine off. Swore I read that it kept them, but can absolutely confirm mine does not keep them.

(edited to make my post be legible in English...edited again to point out the scoreboard note)
The glitch happened at either levels 16 or 31. Early version of the board also apparently had different version of the Gauntlet rom on it that you could access via some sort of usb hack. More info here: https://reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/ahe39c/gauntlet_only_2_player/

All of this was awhile ago so who the hell knows what is going on with the specs of this cab now.

I could've sworn Walmart dropped the price of the TMNT cabs to $300? I stopped in one this morning and it was $400. Website showed $400 as well.

Brickseek shows all stores with TMNT near me at $400, one store actually has it advertised it as a Manager's Special sign above the $399 price sign.

My Asteroids machine doesn't keep the scores after powering off. My Galaga and Final Fight do keep scores.

I want to do this! Have any good guides?
Yes, check out reddit #legendsultimate and #fansofsaUCE

Coinops mini, arcade, and next can be downloaded from arcadepunks

The host client for your pc can be downloaded at either atgames or github iiirc

change your pc rez to 1080p, launch coin ops (i recommend arcade or mini for ultimate and next for 360 gamepad), then connect to pc from byog menu

as an aside,

the uce addontool can be downloaded via github

mame 2003 plus reference set from archives.org
mame2010 reference set for certain games

mame2003plus core from github/reddit
mame2010 core

(some games only work for mame2010 and its core)

i recommend getting the 2d boxes/flyers and bezels resized to use for uce’s

also i recommend firmware 4.0.1 if you can find it since they moved the usb addons to the byog page instead of main menu

lastly, i added a cool faux arcade video from reddit for attract mode

Wasn't it also that you could only play Gauntlet with 2 players? That kills it for me.
I can confirm this is not true on the version I have as I've played it by myself a bunch.

Oddly, based on what directions show, Rampage is the only game you can play 3 players. Gautlet player one uses the left most joystick and player two uses the right most. You cannot use the middle one (again, this is just based on the button mapping diagrams for each game). Defender you have to use more than 2 buttons so you have to use one of the middle buttons. It's weird how the layout is. Wish they put all the buttons you need by each joystick, but guess they want it to be 100% accurate looking to the Rampage arcade cabinet.

bread's done
Back