The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the units are the same now. There used to be a size difference of some kind but nothing that really seperated the two, perhaps one was an older revision. The biggest thing now is the Sam's version comes with a Namco Blast HDMI stick with some Namco games that the Walmart version lacks, but the Walmart version is free shipping to store so there is that. Sam's is 10-35 for shipping from what I can tell. I ordered from Sam's last go around and they must have ran out of units because my status is unchanged since April 1st saying a label has been created but nothing has shipped and customer service has not been responsive at all.

I think the units are the same now. There used to be a size difference of some kind but nothing that really seperated the two, perhaps one was an older revision. The biggest thing now is the Sam's version comes with a Namco Blast HDMI stick with some Namco games that the Walmart version lacks, but the Walmart version is free shipping to store so there is that. Sam's is 10-35 for shipping from what I can tell. I ordered from Sam's last go around and they must have ran out of units because my status is unchanged since April 1st saying a label has been created but nothing has shipped and customer service has not been responsive at all.

Shoot, I'm not a sams club member. Is there a benefit to getting the Sams club version over the Walmart version. Didn't the marvel 1up cab have a Sam's club version?
I cannot speak to the current version, but the original sams club version was $100 cheaper, slightly larger, wood control panel (vs plastic), and included the blast dongle. you can get free shipping by becoming a sams plus member (i already was a member since it made more sense to do that than pay shipping for a basketball hoop...fwiw really convenient to have free shipping for things like kcups, tp, papertowels, protein bars, etc)

Looks like ATGames are about to release a more slimmed down standalone console version with 150 games built in for $199

Product Features:

The Legends Gamer Tabletop Wireless Arcade with Two Arcade-quality Joysticks, Eight Action Buttons for Each Player, and Two Pinball Buttons (Flipper + Action) on Each Side for Ultimate Family Fun  
Includes One HD Streaming Box with HDMI and USB Support
150 Licensed Arcade and Console Games Built-in
Pause, Rewind, Save, and Load Functionality Across a Wide Range of Titles
High-Performance Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Bluetooth Support Built-in
Premium Access to ArcadeNet™ and BYOG™
Comes with Rechargeable Battery for the Legends Gamer Tabletop Wireless Arcade

Slide4_09c9f546-b639-4f85-97ee-765fc2d15ca1_900x.jpg

Legends Arcade Ultimate is back in stock at Sam's Club for $499.98 (free shipping for Plus members):
https://www.samsclub.com/p/legends-home-arcade-special-edition/prod23603404?xid=plp_product_1_1

I just pulled the trigger. Now to gently explain this purchase to my wife. :shock:
Awesome, glad this was posted. In for one too. Ended up getting a Sams membership for $45 rather than spending the $50 non-member fee. Wish it still came with the blaster but sounds like those bonus games will be easy enough to add myself.

Awesome, glad this was posted. In for one too. Ended up getting a Sams membership for $45 rather than spending the $50 non-member fee. Wish it still came with the blaster but sounds like those bonus games will be easy enough to add myself.
I believe it still does come with the blast dongle plus 3 months of ArcadeNet subscription (once it gets out of beta)....it even says so on the Sams Club web site, but you need to dig through the description details to find it.

I ordered mine ALU last month when it came back in stock and received it a couple of weeks ago. So far I've been VERY happy with it. SOOOO much easier to use out of the box than getting a RetroPie A1Up cab working and so much more functional with a trackball and dual spinners. Build quality and finish is also much better than the A1Up cabs, and the fact that you can EASILY add additional ROMs via a USB flash drive is awesome (and works really well).

While I still like my A1Up cabs with their more specific artwork and plan to continue customizing/improving them, if I only had space for one cab, it would definitely be the ALU cab. It's a great deal for the price and what you get, and the supported method of adding more games is unbelievably cool compared to the time-consuming and trial-and-error process of building a RetroPie system, especially if you are looking to build a fairly bulletproof system for kids to play.

I believe it still does come with the blast dongle plus 3 months of ArcadeNet subscription (once it gets out of beta)....it even says so on the Sams Club web site, but you need to dig through the description details to find it.

I ordered mine ALU last month when it came back in stock and received it a couple of weeks ago. So far I've been VERY happy with it. SOOOO much easier to use out of the box than getting a RetroPie A1Up cab working and so much more functional with a trackball and dual spinners. Build quality and finish is also much better than the A1Up cabs, and the fact that you can EASILY add additional ROMs via a USB flash drive is awesome (and works really well).

While I still like my A1Up cabs with their more specific artwork and plan to continue customizing/improving them, if I only had space for one cab, it would definitely be the ALU cab. It's a great deal for the price and what you get, and the supported method of adding more games is unbelievably cool compared to the time-consuming and trial-and-error process of building a RetroPie system, especially if you are looking to build a fairly bulletproof system for kids to play.
Can you get the arcade Spider-Man working full speed on this?

In fact, what are the specs on ram and processing power? I would have to imagine they are more than the Pi4.

Shoot, it sold out. Hopefully these start getting stocked more regularly. I was trying to sell some of my backlog so I didn't need to spend any money out of pocket. Has anyone had experience with how often Sam's club gets these back in stock? I will set up a page monitor too

Finished up wiring and installing all 6 JAMMA boards into my multi JAMMA light gun cabinet.  I thought the final wiring came out pretty well considering there are 6 games in there and a switcher.

gXAPdGf.jpg

Can post more pics/info if people have any interest.

Can you get the arcade Spider-Man working full speed on this?

In fact, what are the specs on ram and processing power? I would have to imagine they are more than the Pi4.
Someone on YouTube opened it up to check the CPU and was surprised it wasn’t as powerful as he expected. I don’t remember the details, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up that it will run more demanding games at full speed. However, it sounds like you could connect a higher-end PC or Pi4 to it and run the games on those systems using this systems monitor and control deck.

Finished up wiring and installing all 6 JAMMA boards into my multi JAMMA light gun cabinet. I thought the final wiring came out pretty well considering there are 6 games in there and a switcher.

gXAPdGf.jpg

Can post more pics/info if people have any interest.
I've seen some messy Jamma setups, so to me, this is pretty clean. good job.

Legends Arcade Ultimate is back in stock at Sam's Club for $499.98 (free shipping for Plus members):
https://www.samsclub.com/p/legends-home-arcade-special-edition/prod23603404?xid=plp_product_1_1

I just pulled the trigger. Now to gently explain this purchase to my wife. :shock:
Pulled the trigger as well. Love the USB/HDMI ports so you can easily add games/raspberry pi.

Question for anyone who's got this before: will I be able to bring this in to the house myself or should I have a friend come over? I'm sure it's large/heavy as hell, not sure if there are handles or anything to grip.

Pulled the trigger as well. Love the USB/HDMI ports so you can easily add games/raspberry pi.

Question for anyone who's got this before: will I be able to bring this in to the house myself or should I have a friend come over? I'm sure it's large/heavy as hell, not sure if there are handles or anything to grip.
I was able to bring it in house, unbox, and assemble by myself with relative ease and in minimal time.

Finally got my project wrapped up and could put it back in it's home place and cleaned up my basement.  Now I can actually start to enjoy it.

o4gcKWA.jpg

Just took a video too for the arcade forum I frequent to showcase the switcher and how it works.  Son decided he wanted to play some Rush 2049 while I was doing it lol.

[media]https://youtu.be/8ZvDfmvEHeI[/media]

Damn it. Brickseek is telling me the nearest Walmart has Final Fight for $50, but it's been wrong before. It's probably one of the nastiest Walmarts in the region too. Is the risk worth the reward?

Damn it. Brickseek is telling me the nearest Walmart has Final Fight for $50, but it's been wrong before. It's probably one of the nastiest Walmarts in the region too. Is the risk worth the reward?
Just be sure to wear long sleeve shirts and pants, gloves, two masks, and a hat. Try to hold your breathe as long as possible while in the store. Also recommend bringing a can of Lysol with you.

That should about do it to protect you from Walmart. Should probably also think about doing something for Coronavirus.

Is Consolekits better or worse than Brickseek? It's also showing Final Fight in stock, but the price is listed at $299. :shock:

Upon further research, Walmart.com says $50 at my location too, but for in-store purchase only.

Whoa shit! Me too! You near Dallas too? $1 Space Invaders is mighty tempting but I’m not going to drive 30 miles on the off chance it’s really there.
I'm in Amarillo, TX. You could call about the Space Invaders cab and see if it's there but if it's like here I think they sold out months ago.

Is Consolekits better or worse than Brickseek? It's also showing Final Fight in stock, but the price is listed at $299. :shock:

Upon further research, Walmart.com says $50 at my location too, but for in-store purchase only.
The consolekits uses info from brickseek and put's it all on one page.

I'm in Amarillo, TX. You could call about the Space Invaders cab and see if it's there but if it's like here I think they sold out months ago.

The consolekits uses info from brickseek and put's it all on one page.
Consolekits is basically just a convenient way of seeing everything you already missed.

I got to pick up the Galaga and Final Fight Arcade 1up from Wal-Mart yesterday for $50. Figured I'd check out electronics really quick after picking up some milk, bread and eggs. So, it was a score on top of a score. Now, to actually set them up and figure out which one to mod.

The $50 A1up cabs are tempting.  I'd probably jump on the Final Fight because the lineup has a solid variety of content without needing to mod it... but it's not cheap nearby.  I show limited stock on the SF2 cab and decent stock on the Rampage cab at the store about 2 miles from me right now.  I'd only get SF2 to mod.  I'd rather have the Legends cab though... as it's a one and done purchase without needing to mod the hardware to play most games.

Yeah, $50 was my personal buy in price for any of these, with Star Wars probably being the only exception, since it has a unique controller. But now that it has finally happened, I realized more than ever, I have zero use for one of these, and I probably wouldn't have found any locally anyways. So good luck to anyone on the hunt, as $50 is a beyond sweet deal for sure.

The $50 A1up cabs are tempting. I'd probably jump on the Final Fight because the lineup has a solid variety of content without needing to mod it... but it's not cheap nearby. I show limited stock on the SF2 cab and decent stock on the Rampage cab at the store about 2 miles from me right now. I'd only get SF2 to mod. I'd rather have the Legends cab though... as it's a one and done purchase without needing to mod the hardware to play most games.
I agree. The legends cab made the 1ups a no go for me, even at $50. I don't have space for a bunch of these cabinets. I love having the multiple control schemes and the ability to add games. Now if it would only come in stock again

I agree. The legends cab made the 1ups a no go for me, even at $50. I don't have space for a bunch of these cabinets. I love having the multiple control schemes and the ability to add games. Now if it would only come in stock again
Has anyone started making custom graphics for the LU cab yet? Those default graphics are terrible.

Find the UI a little busy as well but hopefully that's something a future firmware update can fix.

Has anyone started making custom graphics for the LU cab yet? Those default graphics are terrible.

Find the UI a little busy as well but hopefully that's something a future firmware update can fix.
There are at least two vendors that i have seen with legends ultimate custom graphics. i’m not motivated enough to mod or customize mine...it will suffice until i budget in something custom (really like monster arcades slim line or pinup) driven by a computer.

The control layout is the big advantage of the LU. If you don't care about having the trackball and spinner, then I'd grab that $50 A1Up in a heartbeat. An extra $150-$200 in parts (less if you shop smart and have spare parts & tools around already) and you'll have a nice setup for half the price of the LU. If you're even moderately tech savvy, the Pi images you can get from ArcadePunks make mods a breeze. You'll spend as much time and effort downloading ROMs manually into the LU.

I actually looked last night at a couple Arcade1ups I had been tracking on Brickseek and saw some had dropped to $50 but not the one near me that had Pacman, it's my 4 year olds birthday today and he LOVES Pacman. Guess they dropped it this morning cause as soon as I looked a couple hours ago it was marked $50 and out of stock. They still say they have 4-5 Rampage in stock, but I went to check, the lady there said all they have is out, and a few were missing from the shelf except for the full price ones. Someone must have cleared them out early. I might try to run to one further from mw later that still shows some Final Fight cabs in stock.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m waiting for the revelation that porfuk is an amazing legit site. Who knows? It may be.
It's too new to be written about on all the scam alert sites, but I found a YouTube review saying it's a scam, that they'll never send you anything while selling your bank information to other scammers.

They won't let you place an order larger than $170. They're fake.

So those of you that scored the Atgames Legends Ultimate from Sams... how long did it take to mark as shipped? Mine has been sitting unchanged since Monday. Paranoid that they are out.

So those of you that scored the Atgames Legends Ultimate from Sams... how long did it take to mark as shipped? Mine has been sitting unchanged since Monday. Paranoid that they are out.
Mine is still unchanged. I’m not worried about it since my estimated arrival date hasn’t changed either: still scheduled for April 30.

In the meantime, I’ve been learning as much as I can about how to make the best use of the system. The “AtGames Legends Ultimate Tutorials” Facebook group has been a good resources along with a handful of YouTube videos out there.

Mine is still unchanged. I’m not worried about it since my estimated arrival date hasn’t changed either: still scheduled for April 30.
In the meantime, I’ve been learning as much as I can about how to make the best use of the system. The “AtGames Legends Ultimate Tutorials” Facebook group has been a good resources along with a handful of YouTube videos out there.
Sweet, I hope to score one next time it's available. I've been clearing out some of my backlog to pay for it. I have enough money now so hopefully it is available again very soon.
The more people that discuss their experiences with adding games the better. I want to learn as much as I can

Ordered mine Sunday, shipped Tuesday morning and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Oh, I have you all beat.  I ordered on March 26th from Sam's.  Their system said it shipped April 1st and assigned a Fedex tracking number but actually all they did was print a label.  I have been charged for it, which isn't supposed to happen before it ships.  I received a survey asking how my delivery went.  The automated phone system tells me it was delivered on April 6th.  I have 6 tickets in to (lack of) customer service to figure out what is going on, have talked to the "escalated" customer service department twice and still no change.

Oh, I have you all beat. I ordered on March 26th from Sam's. Their system said it shipped April 1st and assigned a Fedex tracking number but actually all they did was print a label. I have been charged for it, which isn't supposed to happen before it ships. I received a survey asking how my delivery went. The automated phone system tells me it was delivered on April 6th. I have 6 tickets in to (lack of) customer service to figure out what is going on, have talked to the "escalated" customer service department twice and still no change.
Did you threaten a charge back? That is what I would have done 2 weeks ago if I were you and if they didn't get one shipped immediately, I would have done a chargeback.

bread's done
Back