The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down to get one, but I want to see it in store if I'm going to buy it. I've seen a lot of reviews talk about getting it shipped and finding damaged or broken pieces after opening it.
I ordered mine online since they were selling out immediately and it seemed like the only way to get it. I got busy in quarantine, so my 2-year-old played on top of the box for two months before I unpacked it. The only issue I found was a small scratch on the trim in an unobtrusive spot. If people are getting damaged hardware, I bet it's because delivery people aren't able to move the 100 lb box safely alone. P.S. the outer box is so strong that my toddler has also been using the empty box as a slide for the two months since unpacking.

If you're able to find one in-store, that seems like the safest option, though you may want help with loading and unloading since it's heavy and unwieldy.

If you're able to find one in-store, that seems like the safest option, though you may want help with loading and unloading since it's heavy and unwieldy.
Last weekend, i bought an arcade legends 3 cabinet used from someone locally. Had to get it down a flight of stairs and until my house. I thought i knew heavy and unwieldy, but nothing could prepare me for that monstrosity.

If the app shows it in stock, you could try that but if it has been that price a long time, I guarantee someone has already asked and someone has already looked.

This is a fun little read: https://www.reddit.com/r/walmart/comments/9ongaf/attn_brickseek_users/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Apart from the customer bashing, there is a comment about their inventory system and why it is garbage.

$50 for the Street Fighter II cabinet is right up my alley - I've been meaning to create a custom unit and the six button layout of that one pretty much gives me all the parts I need.

I know Brickseek is YMMV, but it tends to be pretty accurate in my neck of the woods. My local store says that they have 4 in stock, but I'll be damned if I saw any out front today... maybe they are in the back? Things were absolutely nuts there due to the pre-4th shoppers, but I might have to try again. How do you folks try to convince an employee to check the back without name-checking Brickseek?

So brickseek shows 2-3 of both the Final Fight and the StreetFighter Cabinets at my local Walmart. Thing is, I’ve looked in electronics and saw nothing.  Should I ask an employee.?  Are they probably in the back?  Or being Walmart..... am I just to be told no anyhow and not waste a trip?  They both show $50 at this Walmart too. 

So brickseek shows 2-3 of both the Final Fight and the StreetFighter Cabinets at my local Walmart. Thing is, I’ve looked in electronics and saw nothing. Should I ask an employee.? Are they probably in the back? Or being Walmart..... am I just to be told no anyhow and not waste a trip? They both show $50 at this Walmart too.
You just have to go and take a shot. Like the best major league baseball players, 70% of the time you are going to swing and miss. But with enough persistence, you may finally land a clearance cabinet.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Yep, best bet is just go and try. Very good shot the inventory is just messed up, but it's better to go and ask. If you don't want to reference Brickseek, then try the Walmart app. There's an in store option for your store, mine has shown having 3 of this Rampage in stock, when they don't. It may show up there, and you can always show them and say "Hey, app says you have this, do you know if you do?"
bbd31f260045851589bf411e10309b8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So brickseek shows 2-3 of both the Final Fight and the StreetFighter Cabinets at my local Walmart. Thing is, I’ve looked in electronics and saw nothing. Should I ask an employee.? Are they probably in the back? Or being Walmart..... am I just to be told no anyhow and not waste a trip? They both show $50 at this Walmart too.
When I found my Street Fighter cab(granted, the day it dropped to $50 like 2 months ago), they were on an end cap a few aisles away from the electronics department.

I decided to order the Pac-Man 40th from Best Buy. I think it's worth $450 with seven games, the stool, lighted deck and lighted marquee.

Now I will have eight? I have the 12-in-1 from Best Buy, Golden Tee, Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, Star Wars, NBA Jam and the AT Games Ultimate.

I'd still like Rampage and probably Burger Time, and Buck Hunter when it releases.

Took a chance and went to Walmart even though the app didn’t show them but brickseek did  I bought 2 Final Fight and 1 Street Fighter II. A friend asked me to get the Final Fight for him also. 

Sega Astro City Mini Arcade revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Aw08cLkao

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/7/21315726/sega-astro-city-mini-arcade-cabinet-retro-price-japan

36 games included

Price converts to about $120

Stick uses micro switches

Confirmed arcade games so far:

• Alien Syndrome
  • Alien Storm
  • Golden Axe
  • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
  • Columns II
  • Dark Edge
  • Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Altered Beast
Preorders are live already on amazon japan.  Not sure if we are getting this in USA.  It's supposed to be out around the end of the year.

Sega Astro City Mini Arcade revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Aw08cLkao
https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/7/21315726/sega-astro-city-mini-arcade-cabinet-retro-price-japan

36 games included
Price converts to about $120
Stick uses micro switches

Confirmed arcade games so far:

• Alien Syndrome
  • Alien Storm
  • Golden Axe
  • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
  • Columns II
  • Dark Edge
  • Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Altered Beast
Preorders are live already on amazon japan. Not sure if we are getting this in USA. It's supposed to be out around the end of the year.
The clicky stick shows that they but some care into this. I will wait for reviews after it's released before spending the money though. Hopefully the Saturn mini will be next!

I'm striking out finding $50.00 deals locally and online for the SF2 cabinet, so I think I'm gonna just wait this fall for the X-Men vs SF cabinet.  If I'm gonna pay more, may as well go for the newer/shiny'er cabinet.  Are new cabinets selectively released only to specific stores (Walmart, Kohls)?  If anyone else has any tips for new cabinet release, let me know, otherwise just gonna virtually camp in front of the virtual store fronts.  

My local Walmart is showing as having 3 Pacman cabs for $50 both on the app and on Brickseek, they showed some when they first dropped several months ago, then disappeared. They must have shown up very recently, cause I had just looked the other day. Gonna go early in the morning, maybe they got a shipment, worse case they don't have any. Fingers crossed.

Just curious if anyone in here ever played Target Terror Gold back in the day in the arcades. It’s a light gun game from 2004.

I had never played it or even heard of it until a few months ago and I finally got my kit all setup and finally had some time to actually take 15 minutes and play it.

And it’s one of the best light gun games I have played. I just never even heard of it back then. It’s probably because I was pretty much done with arcades by the time it was out. But damn it’s good and just flat out fun.

My local Walmart is showing as having 3 Pacman cabs for $50 both on the app and on Brickseek, they showed some when they first dropped several months ago, then disappeared. They must have shown up very recently, cause I had just looked the other day. Gonna go early in the morning, maybe they got a shipment, worse case they don't have any. Fingers crossed.

No luck, figured I had to try. Lady said what they had out was it, which was 2 MK and 2 TMNT. She said they haven't gotten any others in. Not sure why it showed up all of a sudden.

Anyone else find themselves just totally fucking obsessed with their home arcade now?

I collect quite a few different things, and I haven't cared about any of them lately. My mind is totally focused on expanding my arcade. I'm up to 8 cabinets and one cocktail cab. Can't wait for some decent, affordable virtual pinball.

Anyone else find themselves just totally fucking obsessed with their home arcade now?
I don't have space for more than a couple cabs... but I've become obsessed with fine tuning all the controls and weeding out all the broken junk from my RetroPie modded MK A1Up, if that counts. Definitely spent a lot more time tweaking it than playing on it.

I collect quite a few different things, and I haven't cared about any of them lately. My mind is totally focused on expanding my arcade. I'm up to 8 cabinets and one cocktail cab. Can't wait for some decent, affordable virtual pinball.
I would if I had more space. But I've already missed out on two early cabinets -- Final Fight, Rampage -- that I'd want above others, and don't want to pay big to get them from a third party.

Yeah thankfully a long standing project I was working on with my multi light gun cabinet has come to a conclusion and I can actually start enjoying it finally. I kept one of the game boards external so that I can swap one easily without pulling the cabinet out and going inside. It's pretty clean too and you can't even see it because it's up on top of one of my Rush 2049 SE cabinets. I have 8 games in the switcher cabinet and 3 games "on deck" that I can swap in if I want to.

Although I don't own a single 1up arcade cabinet, I do feel obsessed as I've been trying to find a good deal a for a few weeks now. I do have a bartop that I'm building from a kit (w Jamma board), so at least I have that. This hobby ain't cheap!

Saw NBA Jam units in two different Walmarts today.  $399, although one store had a unit that looked like it went through a wood chipper for $299 special markdown.

Also, saw shelf stickers for 40th anniversary Pac Man.

I'm going to pick up my $50 Final Fight cabinet today at Walmart. The collection grows.
Damn, I'm super jealous, but congrats! This is the deal/cab I'm trying to get. Saw that all my nearby Walmarts had them in stock once shutdowns hit at the end of March, but I was too hesitant to step foot in a store at that time (and they sold out fast). Really hope to score one of these soon.

I'm in Southern California. Any chance that you found one in the same area?

Damn, I'm super jealous, but congrats! This is the deal/cab I'm trying to get. Saw that all my nearby Walmarts had them in stock once shutdowns hit at the end of March, but I was too hesitant to step foot in a store at that time (and they sold out fast). Really hope to score one of these soon.

I'm in Southern California. Any chance that you found one in the same area?
I ordered it online for in store pickup, then did a return/rebuy for the clearance price. Website sold out pretty quick though.

Arcade 1Up's shipping costs are a joke. I don't think I'll ever order directly from them because of it. I wanted to order BurgerTime and a few risers and the shipping was $95. fuck that.

Arcade 1Up's shipping costs are a joke. I don't think I'll ever order directly from them because of it. I wanted to order BurgerTime and a few risers and the shipping was $95. fuck that.
Yeah, their shipping prices are incredibly brutal. The shipping for my control deck protector for my SF2:CE cabinet cost the same as the actual protector.

Unfortunately, BurgerTime can't be bought elsewhere since it is exclusively direct sale by Arcade1Up.com

Just set up my Arcade Legends. Any advice on where to go to access more games, or any tips for getting started with mods?

Just set up my Arcade Legends. Any advice on where to go to access more games, or any tips for getting started with mods?
There is a Facebook group for owners. Also pdubs arcade loft on YouTube has a ton of tutorials

Are you just getting the reproductions or do you have legit arcade machines too?

I'm starting to get nervous that there hasn't been any news on the Legends Gamer. I know that people who preordered or did the ticket thing through their website should be hearing something next week since they stated that first orders are going to ship first week of August. But no one is talking about. Fingers crossed.

Anyone have any experience with either of the Switch Hori Mario Kart wheels? Thinking of picking up one and using it in one of my cabs to change it to driving games only.

Found the new (I assume since I have not seen one before) Pac-Man/Galaga anniversary cab at a couple Wal-Marts over the weekend. It is pretty much my ideal cab but three bills is a tough sell for me. I am more on board at a buck and a half for this thing. Anyone more familiar with 1Ups expect pricing on this thing to drop or a sale?

Found the new (I assume since I have not seen one before) Pac-Man/Galaga anniversary cab at a couple Wal-Marts over the weekend. It is pretty much my ideal cab but three bills is a tough sell for me. I am more on board at a buck and a half for this thing. Anyone more familiar with 1Ups expect pricing on this thing to drop or a sale?
Not any time soon, they just came out. And it seems they are doing better with inventory. My store only got one Pac-Man and it sold days ago without being restocked.

The units I expect to go on clearance soon are MK, Marvel, and maybe the Turtles.

I'm looking to mod my SF2 Arcade 1up cabinet so I can use my Raspberry pi4 with it, and I was wondering what opinions are on ArcadeModUp's parts? It looks like I'm looking at around $200 for the new control deck, sticks/buttons, video converter, an audio components. Has anyone used their products and if so, are they good quality? Is there a less expensive option with as good/better quality if not?

I'm looking to mod my SF2 Arcade 1up cabinet so I can use my Raspberry pi4 with it, and I was wondering what opinions are on ArcadeModUp's parts? It looks like I'm looking at around $200 for the new control deck, sticks/buttons, video converter, an audio components. Has anyone used their products and if so, are they good quality? Is there a less expensive option with as good/better quality if not?
Why do you need a new control deck? The SF2 layout is one of the best stock ones. You could drill holes for the extra ones in their layout and save some money.

Most of the other components (sticks/buttons, video converter, and audio components) can be bought for similar prices from Amazon. I followed ETA Prime's instructions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09DQCOr6zQM
To mod my first cab and love the results while learning a lot along the way.

Check out DIY Retro Arcade. Great mod kits and parts ... plus, service/support that is 2nd to none.

Here are 2 DIY Retro Arcade control decks that I used
92bdab6734991d5b69c1b5baf948539f.jpg

bread's done
Back