The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also gonna second DIY Retro Arcade, got some buttons, my Marvel Super Heroes skinned control panel, my Audio Amp, and my replacement J Panel + Speakers there. Everything looked awesome and worked amazingly.

Would need to see that receipt to believe it. You definitely would've taken a picture if you got a cabinet for only $1.
Do a google search, as it happened to many people and they did take pics, and many gaming sites reported on it at the time, as that's how I found out about it.

Would need to see that receipt to believe it. You definitely would've taken a picture if you got a cabinet for only $1.
I did and it took me 10 minutes to find. How dare you doubt me. My word is my bond.

IMG-20200602-142010146.jpg

Plus he was so excited, he needed some new undies.... Boxer briefs even!
I wonder how pissed his mom was when she gives him money for school clothes and he comes home with an arcade game. And after she throws it in the backyard, it grows into a giant beanstalk.

Well, I'm 38. Mom doesn't care how I spend my money. Wifey was happy for a $1 game though.

And those were work clothes you savages.

Why do you need a new control deck? The SF2 layout is one of the best stock ones. You could drill holes for the extra ones in their layout and save some money.

Most of the other components (sticks/buttons, video converter, and audio components) can be bought for similar prices from Amazon. I followed ETA Prime's instructions:

To mod my first cab and love the results while learning a lot along the way.
I have an SF cab and got a replacement panel because I prefer the Japanese arched style (viewlix?) over the straight 2 rows of 3. But I am also running a PC in mine instead of a Pi as I have a few fighters and shmups on Steam and other platforms.

That's pretty much been my work outfit since covid forced wfh. The mad dash to the dresser to get a shirt with sleeves on it because someone is requesting video chat is always fun.
I keep a button down short sleeve shirt in my office room just for those situations!

I’m still not wearing pants though.

Best Buy has them up for preorder.  Standup Ms Pacman @ $449?  GTFOH.  Looks like they're also releasing a Ms Pacman head to2 head for $499.  Essentially the same games as the previously released Pacman head to head, with the swap of the main game. Big Buck hunter is listed @ $550?  

I can't imagine paying that amount for any of these.  The Ms Pacman is a $399 title tops and that's still too much imo.  In any case, while I was interested in some of these titles, I can't imagine picking any of them unless a considerable price drop occurs. 

Best Buy has them up for preorder. Standup Ms Pacman @ $449? GTFOH. Looks like they're also releasing a Ms Pacman head to2 head for $499. Essentially the same games as the previously released Pacman head to head, with the swap of the main game. Big Buck hunter is listed @ $550?

I can't imagine paying that amount for any of these. The Ms Pacman is a $399 title tops and that's still too much imo. In any case, while I was interested in some of these titles, I can't imagine picking any of them unless a considerable price drop occurs.
Which will likely happen if Wal-Mart carries them. It's seeming like these might currently be a BB exclusive in the U.S? But, that price for the stand-up cab you quoted includes the riser and light-up marquee. I'm not arguing that it's overpriced, but I don't know that it's THAT unexpected given what we saw with Frogger and the Pac-Man anniversary cabinet.

The Head2Head doesn't have the same games as the Pac-Man version. They swapped out Pac-Man Plus and Pac & Pal for Galaxian and Dig Dug II.

Best Buy says the stand-up Ms. Pac-Man cab comes out on Monday, but that's the one they aren't taking orders for at this time.

So excited to get a $1 arcade game, you had to buy 4 shirts and one pant leg to celebrate.
I’m actually pretty heated since this walmart is about 10 min from me and brickseek told me a while back it was “limited stock” so I said screw it. At least someone who wanted it got it. Amazing find, paint me jealous.

Looks like X-Men Vs. SF is a reality. Once again, they blew it on the other games. No Marvel Vs. SF nor Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (though they might be saving the latter for a future cab). Instead, another copy of COTA (if you own their MSH cabinet, and a large proportion of those interested probably will), and . . . a SNES game! Konami's X-Men arcade game would have been sensible, even scaled down to two players, but a SNES game, and not a very memorable one at that, is reaching a new low. On the positive side, the side art improves on the rather bland original, just like their MSH cabinet did.

Maybe it wasn't selling as well as they were hoping as a website exclusive. Maybe I was the only one who bought it. :rofl:
I actually ordered one, but it took so long for me to ship it that I decided to cancel the order and ended up getting a LEgends Ultimate instead. Then after telling me they were going to cancel and refund my card, a week later they shipped it anyway. I had to wait for it to be delivered, refuse the delivery and wait for it to arrive back at their warehouse before they refunded my money. Then they tried to withhold the 40 bucks I paid for shipping until I pointed out to them that while they don't refund shipping costs if you "Return" an item, I did not actually "Return" it, I "Canceled" the preorder and they shipped it anyway.

No Marvel Vs. SF nor Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (though they might be saving the latter for a future cab). Instead, another copy of COTA (if you own their MSH cabinet, and a large proportion of those interested probably will),
MvC 2 ran on the Naomi hardware, which might be too much for the PCBs A1U uses in the cabs to effectively emulate.

I actually ordered one, but it took so long for me to ship it that I decided to cancel the order and ended up getting a LEgends Ultimate instead. Then after telling me they were going to cancel and refund my card, a week later they shipped it anyway. I had to wait for it to be delivered, refuse the delivery and wait for it to arrive back at their warehouse before they refunded my money. Then they tried to withhold the 40 bucks I paid for shipping until I pointed out to them that while they don't refund shipping costs if you "Return" an item, I did not actually "Return" it, I "Canceled" the preorder and they shipped it anyway.
I'd say it should be pretty obvious at this point that this company sucks, but I feel like even referring to them as a "company" is a stretch. Seeing videos of some of their employees talking, it's clear most of them have probably never even played video games until recently.

Looks like X-Men Vs. SF is a reality. Once again, they blew it on the other games. No Marvel Vs. SF nor Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (though they might be saving the latter for a future cab). Instead, another copy of COTA (if you own their MSH cabinet, and a large proportion of those interested probably will), and . . . a SNES game!
I don't know why they had to have two versions of this. That cab you're getting the list from hasn't been put up for sale yet anywhere at this time - the Best Buy exclusive (I guess) has a different list, different cab art, and includes Marvel Vs. Street Fighter and does not repeat COTA (it repeats Marvel Super Heroes instead). The other version just seems to want to stick to being X-Men-centric.

The Best Buy version has:

• Marvel Super Heroes
  • X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
  • Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom
  • Marvel Super Heroes War of the Gems (SNES)

MvC 2 ran on the Naomi hardware, which might be too much for the PCBs A1U uses in the cabs to effectively emulate.
Dreamcast/Naomi is actually not that difficult to emulate. A Raspberry Pi 4 can easily handle most of the games without even overclocking. MvC2 is one of the least demanding games on the Dreamcast - and that is even with many of the drivers in a premature state. It would definitely require more power in the board than what they currently use though.

I don't know if I see them going this far though. When you get up to MvC2 you are really getting to the point where arcades were dying out and losing the nostalgia. There are so many options they have before they need to do that. MvC2 is actually better known as a home game than as an arcade game, I personally bought the game the day it came out on DC, but never saw an actual cabinet for it in the arcade.

Saw someone mention Replicade doing Dragon's Lair. Looks awesome! Wish I had known about their Kickstarter campaign. Guess I'll have to wait for general release.

Saw someone mention Replicade doing Dragon's Lair. Looks awesome! Wish I had known about their Kickstarter campaign. Guess I'll have to wait for general release.
Yeah, this was their most successful KS yet, so I'm sure they'll have plenty extra to sell after the fact, as they have each time before, with a few decent sales to boot. I'm waiting on a good discount for their "token machine" USB hub as I missed that one when first offered, and just really didn't want to pay higher asking price at the time.

DL is for sure my most favorite offering from them so far, as I'm a HUGE fan on a personal level, so this was right up my alley, no question. This is also their first release that doesn't require a unique control scheme, so I'm looking forward to all the efforts going to the overall cab, since the controls don't need much attention this time around.

I think MvC2 only came to arcades in Japan.
It came out in the North America at least. It was back in 2004 or 2005 I played the cab at Circus Circus. I used Iron Man, Cable and possibly War Machine, characters whose specials (giants guns blasts) rack up the hits like crazy, and held the top spot on the leaderboard by millions of points.

I'm annoyed with these new Arcade1Up cabs. The overlap in games, the inclusion of SNES games and the lack of confirmation if they're using Sanwa parts again. I'd like to get the Marvel cab, but between having the first Marvel cab and MvC on Dreamcast (plus a complete disinterest in the SNES game), spending that much for two X-Men/Marvel vs. Street Fighter games is a hard pill to swallow.

Maybe it wasn't selling as well as they were hoping as a website exclusive. Maybe I was the only one who bought it. :rofl:
It did sell well, so I am not sure what is up with this other listing. Right now, they only have 2 left to order from their site and these were supposed to be numbered with only 3075 made. If it shows up at retail, I am sure it will be somehow different than the version sold from their site.

Unless they only have 2 left to order from their site because they sent some off to another retailer. But, at the time I ordered it they had already sold a ton and I ordered it a long time ago. I was surprised they still had any left at this point.

I really want the MvC cabinet, but was hesitant to pay full price for it.  Luckily, Best Buy is offering me 10% off any single item this month for my birthday and it will work on the pre-order.  I also was able to get $65 in gift cards between my Speedway and credit card reward points.

It came out in the North America at least. It was back in 2004 or 2005 I played the cab at Circus Circus. I used Iron Man, Cable and possibly War Machine, characters whose specials (giants guns blasts) rack up the hits like crazy, and held the top spot on the leaderboard by millions of points.

I'm annoyed with these new Arcade1Up cabs. The overlap in games, the inclusion of SNES games and the lack of confirmation if they're using Sanwa parts again. I'd like to get the Marvel cab, but between having the first Marvel cab and MvC on Dreamcast (plus a complete disinterest in the SNES game), spending that much for two X-Men/Marvel vs. Street Fighter games is a hard pill to swallow.
They might have imported a machine, but dnl2ba is correct, there was no US arcade release

Nah dude. I used to skip school to go to the Tilt arcade in the mall. My vice was MvC2 and Tekken Tag Tournament. These were absolutely in US arcades.
Just because something was in a US arcade, does not mean it originated in the US. I can't speak to this situation specifically, as I didn't follow this game much, but many arcades of that time imported machines. The US arcade scene was all but dead by this time, and the few games that really made good money, didn't see releases in the US, so many places imported. In some ways it could be cheaper, especially with those SEGA "Astro City" type machines(or NeoGeo), as you just swapped out the games, and it could be done rather cheaply.

as you just swapped out the games, and it could be done rather cheaply.
Not to mention that many arcade machines and software of the time were made to be region-free, which further facilitated importing. Even Neo-Geo MVS carts could be switched over to different regions or languages using dip-switch settings on the MVS board. Arcade manufacturers knew there was an import scene for their hardware.

15.4" wide and they expect 2 people to be able to play comfortably?

lol.

Button layout is very odd considering it's for Neo Geo games.

bread's done
Back