The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's a bar-top arcade. $500 isn't unreasonable if the manufacturer is looking to turn a decent profit. But the basic design is also not appealing enough to warrant that kind of price for any but the most hard-core of collectors. And the more hobbyist-inclined could easily create a superior set-up for around the same price or less. I've been experimenting with my Raspberry Pi 4 recently, and it's amazing what kind of power you can squeeze out of that diminutive platform. Neo Geo emulation isn't even a challenge.

I probably wouldn't pony up for that Neo Geo cab. But if I saw it on clearance for a couple hundred less, yeah, I might consider it. It would probably make a decent base for modding, just not at that price point.

Well, that's a bar-top arcade. $500 isn't unreasonable if the manufacturer is looking to turn a decent profit. But the basic design is also not appealing enough to warrant that kind of price for any but the most hard-core of collectors. And the more hobbyist-inclined could easily create a superior set-up for around the same price or less. I've been experimenting with my Raspberry Pi 4 recently, and it's amazing what kind of power you can squeeze out of that diminutive platform. Neo Geo emulation isn't even a challenge.

I probably wouldn't pony up for that Neo Geo cab. But if I saw it on clearance for a couple hundred less, yeah, I might consider it. It would probably make a decent base for modding, just not at that price point.
I have Pi 3 in my KI2 cabinet and Neo Geo games run pretty much flawless on it. I remember I played Metal Slug 2 and it had so much slowdown and I thought it was the pi3, but then after researching all that slowdown is in the actual arcade game and MSX is basically 2 with performance issues fixed.

Yeah, the only reason I can see for those six button layouts is they plan to allow for different roms to be added, or it's "open" to add a Pi or something. It also has a jog shuttle/rotary dial in the upper left corner of the controls, so is that for volume, or the ability to play Tempest or some other type games in the future? So this seems like it may be closer to the Legends cab, than anything 1Up has offered so far, which is a good thing, especially for the asking price. 

Honestly, all of these cabs fall short for me, and this one is no different, as the measurements of this are minuscule to say the least. Just based on the price, this seem a little high for whats offered, but I could say the same for all of this stuff. Buying on discount seems key, and depending on how this is offered, and how popular it may be, will dictate if and when any discounts arrive. For now, there is way to many unknowns, but for those into this type of cab, it may fill a need, but maybe not? 

When you offer something people didn't ask for, they need to see right away, why they can't live without it, and they have a ways to go for that to happen for this, but I wish them well!

if you happen to be an owner of the legends ultimate, check your email for info about free 47 taito game upgrade (bubble bobble!) as well as a discount on an upcoming led marquee upgrade.

Speaking of Neo-Geo MVS, it looks like SNK is finally going to make what the Neo-Geo mini should've been:

http://snkmvsx.com/

figure-2_b.png
They better get the sticks right for what they are charging

the game selection for these neo geo branded arcades is way too fighting focused. i would have prefered the normal 4 button layout and more diverse gamelist...especially sports...where’s bstars 2, windjammers, neo turf masters, street hoop?

the game selection for these neo geo branded arcades is way too fighting focused. i would have prefered the normal 4 button layout and more diverse gamelist...especially sports...where’s bstars 2, windjammers, neo turf masters, street hoop?
Exactly. I’ll never be interested without bstars2 and neo turf. 2 amazing sports games!

So I got this email since I registered my product:

Free Gifts for Legends Ultimate Owners and Upgrade Options

As a valued original owner, we want to let you know first about our upcoming product schedule, which includes the resumption of the supply of the Legends Ultimate in a new iteration and new accessories. Both will be available for general pre-order on August 14th, with retail availability starting around August 31st. These dates also mark the general resumption of full production of the Legends Ultimate (ALU) in its latest iteration after global supply challenges due to COVID-19.

As a verified, original owner, we have two gifts to share as our Thank You:

1. 47 Taito arcade games free of charge. On September 2nd, the Wednesday before Labor Day Weekend, we will be upgrading to firmware 5.0.0 (a milestone), with which we will be able to send you a gift link to download and install on your ALU the 47 Taito arcade games package. With the upgrade, your total built-in games will become 397 (350 + 47). We will update you on how to get the gift link later in August.

2. A 50% discount on our BitPixel LED marquee. On August 14th through September 13th, you can get 50% off when placing a reservation for our accessory, BitPixel LED marquee, a $100 savings off the $200 selling price.

If you are interested in pre-ordering the latest iteration of the Legends Ultimate, you are welcome to do so. It will be at the same price of $599 plus shipping.

Pre-orders for the Legends Ultimate and the accessories will be fulfilled based on availability and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will email to confirm when shipments are ready.

As for the latest iteration of the Legends Ultimate, these are the changes to the main features:

1. 300 built-in games (350 games in the original units received/delivered prior to September 2020)

2. 1 HDMI input (2 in the original units)

3. 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 port (2 USB 2.0 ports in the original units)

4. Ports and volume control are on a panel under the LCD monitor

5. Ports for pinball kit

6. Interchangeable control top

7. Interchangeable side panel art

Please also note the following about accessories:

· The BitPixel LED marquee and the BitBlaster light gun are compatible with all Legends Ultimate and Legends Gamer units

· Cabinet skins are only designed for the newest iteration of the Legends Ultimate

· Pinball kits are only compatible with the newest iteration of the Legends Ultimate and the Gamer series products

· Trackball kits are compatible with Legends Gamer, Legends Gamer Pro, and all Legends Ultimate units

· BitLCD marquee and BitRacer steering wheel are not part of the wave 1 accessories; availability will be announced

We value all members of the Legends Arcade Platform community and appreciate your commitment as an original Legends Ultimate owner. We look forward to sharing additional, exciting news about the only connected arcade platform on the market and having you along for the continued growth and evolution of our platform.

Regards,

AtGames

I get that they need good fighting game representation, they had some great ones, but 20% of the roster is filled by the 10 King of Fighters games. And 8 Fatal Fury games. Samurai Shodown has 6. And 4 World Heroes. They should have just included some of the high points in the fighting series. They have so many good other games - shooters, action and sports. I remember the Neo Geo we had at the arcade I worked at, nobody really played it for fighting games, it was almost always the sports games - mainly because it was just across from Street Fighter 2 CE/Turbo and people played that instead. 2020 Super Baseball was so much fun (and given the year, hilarious in hindsight). Neo Geo was so much more than just Metal Slug and King of Fighters.

I'd say it should be pretty obvious at this point that this company sucks, but I feel like even referring to them as a "company" is a stretch. Seeing videos of some of their employees talking, it's clear most of them have probably never even played video games until recently.
I will agree that their customer service is garbage. I like their products but their customer service and shipping costs are a joke.

I will agree that their customer service is garbage. I like their products but their customer service and shipping costs are a joke.
I feel like a couple of guys who know nothing about business were at a bar and one guy bet the other that he couldn't sell an arcade machine, and the other guy accepted the bet. The guy was actually able to sell a couple of them and ever since, they have been trying to figure out how to turn what started out as a bar joke into a real thing.

Arcade1up origin story complete.

Wait a sec, why does the Neo Geo bartop have 6 buttons? Which Neo Geo game requires 6 buttons?
I am hoping the 6 button layout gives you the option to configure your play style.
[attachment=34407:D5CRoOGUUAEBohs.jpeg]

I am hoping the 6 button layout gives you the option to configure your play style.
Hope you're right, otherwise, from an engineering perspective, it's a sign that they didn't think things through or....from a marketing perspective, they just quickly slapped something together.

attachicon.gif
D5CRoOGUUAEBohs.jpeg
Those middle 2 layouts aren't the same at all. The button positions on the left and right are completely off.

Also, I'm not sure if you saw the actual cabinet, but there aren't 2 rows of 4 buttons. It's 2 rows of 3 buttons, so those middle two layouts aren't even possible.

Those middle 2 layouts aren't the same at all. The button positions on the left and right are completely off.

Also, I'm not sure if you saw the actual cabinet, but there aren't 2 rows of 4 buttons. It's 2 rows of 3 buttons, so those middle two layouts aren't even possible.
Correct, I was just trying to show there has been different button layouts and that there was an arcade cabinet that had a 6 button configuration.

The Ms. Pac-Man upright cab is now completely gone from the Best Buy site, they've been removed as a "partner" from the Arcade1Up listing, and it's now up at Wal-Mart for $50 less than it had been listed at Best Buy.

The X-Men version of the Marvel Vs. Capcom cab is up at Wal-Mart.com and it is $100 less than the "Marvel Super Heroes" version at Best Buy.   I wonder if the MSH "Special Edition" version has anything else going for it beyond having a different SNES game, one additional arcade game, and one different arcade game.  That's a pretty huge difference in price.

The X-Men version of the Marvel Vs. Capcom cab is up at Wal-Mart.com and it is $100 less than the "Marvel Super Heroes" version at Best Buy. I wonder if the MSH "Special Edition" version has anything else going for it beyond having a different SNES game, one additional arcade game, and one different arcade game. That's a pretty huge difference in price.
The description in the MvC Best Buy product page mentions an included stool.

The description in the MvC Best Buy product page mentions an included stool.
I see that buried in there now - they did a great job not including any pics of it.

Edit - Ok, now I see a pic! Has that been there this whole time? The stool seems kinda lame... it's just the Marvel half of the face-off art on the cab. Might have been a good opportunity to include two stools and stick the Capcom art on the other one.

Does anyone know if there is a certain amount of times you can do a return/rebuy at Walmart? Just landed the Final Fight cabinet for $50 and was thinking about doing some other ones if they become available.

Arcade Legends isn't inherently 4 players, but my understanding is you can hook two extra USB Controllers into it and play 4 player that way.  Never tried it out though. 

Can someone recommend a good all in one arcade unit? I would like one for my garage. Needs to be four player. Thank you.
What is your budget? Plug and play or put together yourself?

Game room solutions has a cnc 4 player kit. Monster Arcades have birch cabinets either plug and play or cabinet only (put together, shipped freight)

Arcade Legends isn't inherently 4 players, but my understanding is you can hook two extra USB Controllers into it and play 4 player that way. Never tried it out though.
I like my legends ultimate and would recommend for a budget cab, but would not recommend for 4 player because who wants to get stuck using the controller (especially with kids)

VFArcade.jpg

Not confirmed(Virtua Fighter, Virtua Fighter Remix, Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers and Sonic the Fighters), but damn cool if true???

Man that Virtua Fighter cabinet would be awesome. If it's real, shame they went with the Virtua Fighter cabinet art and not Virtua Fighter 2. 

[attachment=34464:hopAYNxpoSc3.jpg]
So far the Virtue Fighter cab has been reported as fake, even from the PR guy David Mcintosh. However, I do agree the VF2 art would be better - but that cab would be a day 1 $500 purchase for me, lol.
Any thoughts on the "SUPREME" MK cab? Other than it being overly "SUPREME" labeled, the only different I could see is that it might be online?
*reminds me of the "XTREME" 90's, lol

attachicon.gif
hopAYNxpoSc3.jpg
So far the Virtue Fighter cab has been reported as fake, even from the PR guy David Mcintosh. However, I do agree the VF2 art would be better - but that cab would be a day 1 $500 purchase for me, lol.
Any thoughts on the "SUPREME" MK cab? Other than it being overly "SUPREME" labeled, the only different I could see is that it might be online?
Is this for real, or just more fun being had?

It's real, the arcade1up PR guy tweeted it. Supreme looks like it's a specialty store in New York. So probably no real differences except it now being "Xtreme", errr sorry, "SUPREME".

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidMcIntoshPR/status/1295373629241331712

https://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/fallwinter2020/accessories/supreme-mortal-kombat-arcade-game
Well goddamn it. My extent of knowledge of Supreme is from the episode that Hasan Minjah did of his show. I'm personally not a fan. Also it's ugly as all fuck.

I saw on Walmart they have a bunch of miniature arcade machines for under $20.  Mostly the usually ones you find like Ms. Pacman, Dig-Dug, Galaga, etc.  But I noticed there was a mini Mortal Kombat one too which I hadn't seen before.  They also have the "fake" arcade machine from Wreck-it Ralph (Fix it Felix Jr.) which seems pretty cool.

https://www.walmart.com/col/829221598?athcpid=829221598&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=collection&athznid=829221598_collection&athieid=v0&athstid=CS002&athguid=c07627f5-007-173fdf6cc46119&athancid=null&athena=true

Check your local walmart. They have been putting some of these on clearance. Last week I picked up Spy Hunter, Defender, MS Pacman, and Dig Dug for 4$ a piece.

I'd personally would've preferred a Virtua Fighter cab reveal over that ruby red eyesore.
Same here, but I've never really been much of a MK fan to begin with, so no matter how good a MK cab may look, I'm probably not the intended audience, so all good I suppose.

hopAYNxpoSc3.jpg
If this is real, clearly this company has no damn clue what they're doing.

If this is real, clearly this company has no damn clue what they're doing.
Supreme started out as a skate shop in the mid 90s. They have a skate team, produce videos and collaborate with a bunch of brands/celebrities (such as North Face, Lady Gaga, Nike, Neil Young, Smurfs, NBA, Wu-Tang Clan, Louis Vuitton, etc.)

They are one of the hottest hypebeast/streetwear brands in all of fashion. They once sold a brick with their logo on it and it sold out in seconds. People line up for blocks to buy and resell their stuff.

I agree that the MK cabinet is ugly, but it will sell like hotcakes.

Supreme started out as a skate shop in the mid 90s. They have a skate team, produce videos and collaborate with a bunch of brands/celebrities (such as North Face, Lady Gaga, Nike, Neil Young, Smurfs, NBA, Wu-Tang Clan, Louis Vuitton, etc.)

They are one of the hottest hypebeast/streetwear brands in all of fashion. They once sold a brick with their logo on it and it sold out in seconds. People line up for blocks to buy and resell their stuff.

I agree that the MK cabinet is ugly, but it will sell like hotcakes.
Well, good to know A1U is at least up to date with the latest hipster trends since they don't know shit about video games. I guess poaching the wallets of dumbasses who buy bricks will delay their inevitable bankruptcy for a few months.

Check your local walmart. They have been putting some of these on clearance. Last week I picked up Spy Hunter, Defender, MS Pacman, and Dig Dug for 4$ a piece.
I have a ton of these I've picked up from 4-8 dollars in my basement for action figure displays... heh.

Does anybody know in here if the Pac-Man cabs have had a new UPC?

Brickseek shows: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=792203275

All of the stores near me show $50, but out of stock. I know two of the stores have a single unit each.
But, when I scanned the barcode in store with the Walmart app, it showed $299.

Now, I could try and flag a worker down and have them scan, but it’s prolly futile.
So, just curious if anybody is aware of a SKU/UPC change on the cab?

All of the stores near me show $50, but out of stock. I know two of the stores have a single unit each.

Now, I could try and flag a worker down and have them scan, but it’s prolly futile.
The TMNT cab had an SKU change, so it's possible the same thing happened with Pac-Man.

Dumb question, but you are sure that it was the same cab and not the new Pac-man cab? The old one should be really hard to find at this point and WMs around me have all started getting some of the new cab with five or six games instead of two.

Dumb question, but you are sure that it was the same cab and not the new Pac-man cab? The old one should be really hard to find at this point and WMs around me have all started getting some of the new cab with five or six games instead of two.
Not a dumb question. You’re probably right. I don’t know anything about these things, as the MSRP did not interest me in the slfghtest.
But, if they’ve had two flavors of Pac-Man, that’s prolly what is going on.

I’ll need to inspect the box a bit better. I think this had Pac-Man and Galaga? Can’t remember if it had other games or not.

bread's done
Back