The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a dumb question. You’re probably right. I don’t know anything about these things, as the MSRP did not interest me in the slfghtest.
But, if they’ve had two flavors of Pac-Man, that’s prolly what is going on.

I’ll need to inspect the box a bit better. I think this had Pac-Man and Galaga? Can’t remember if it had other games or not.
The one with Galaga is the new anniversary Pac-Man. It's $299.

Your brickseek Pac-Man is the one that came out last year and clearanced months ago.

So I got this email since I registered my product:

Free Gifts for Legends Ultimate Owners and Upgrade Options

As a valued original owner, we want to let you know first about our upcoming product schedule, which includes the resumption of the supply of the Legends Ultimate in a new iteration and new accessories. Both will be available for general pre-order on August 14th, with retail availability starting around August 31st. These dates also mark the general resumption of full production of the Legends Ultimate (ALU) in its latest iteration after global supply challenges due to COVID-19.

As a verified, original owner, we have two gifts to share as our Thank You:

1. 47 Taito arcade games free of charge. On September 2nd, the Wednesday before Labor Day Weekend, we will be upgrading to firmware 5.0.0 (a milestone), with which we will be able to send you a gift link to download and install on your ALU the 47 Taito arcade games package. With the upgrade, your total built-in games will become 397 (350 + 47). We will update you on how to get the gift link later in August.

2. A 50% discount on our BitPixel LED marquee. On August 14th through September 13th, you can get 50% off when placing a reservation for our accessory, BitPixel LED marquee, a $100 savings off the $200 selling price.

If you are interested in pre-ordering the latest iteration of the Legends Ultimate, you are welcome to do so. It will be at the same price of $599 plus shipping.

Pre-orders for the Legends Ultimate and the accessories will be fulfilled based on availability and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will email to confirm when shipments are ready.

As for the latest iteration of the Legends Ultimate, these are the changes to the main features:

1. 300 built-in games (350 games in the original units received/delivered prior to September 2020)

2. 1 HDMI input (2 in the original units)

3. 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 port (2 USB 2.0 ports in the original units)

4. Ports and volume control are on a panel under the LCD monitor

5. Ports for pinball kit

6. Interchangeable control top

7. Interchangeable side panel art

Please also note the following about accessories:

· The BitPixel LED marquee and the BitBlaster light gun are compatible with all Legends Ultimate and Legends Gamer units

· Cabinet skins are only designed for the newest iteration of the Legends Ultimate

· Pinball kits are only compatible with the newest iteration of the Legends Ultimate and the Gamer series products

· Trackball kits are compatible with Legends Gamer, Legends Gamer Pro, and all Legends Ultimate units

· BitLCD marquee and BitRacer steering wheel are not part of the wave 1 accessories; availability will be announced

We value all members of the Legends Arcade Platform community and appreciate your commitment as an original Legends Ultimate owner. We look forward to sharing additional, exciting news about the only connected arcade platform on the market and having you along for the continued growth and evolution of our platform.

Regards,

AtGames
How long do I have to 'register'? I finally put my NBA Jam and Pac-Man 40th cabs together today and they look awesome. My ALU is next on the list to put together.

I assumed "Registering" meant signing up for the ArcadeNet account which I did when I bought my cab in late June, but I don't think I ever got this email. 

I assumed "Registering" meant signing up for the ArcadeNet account which I did when I bought my cab in late June, but I don't think I ever got this email.
Weird. I don't want to miss out on these free games.
I'm almost certain these games will come as part of a firmware update. Also, I saw AtGames mention on a Facebook post that if you are pre-ordering the BitPixel LED, they will have you enter your cabinet's unique ID (found somewhere in the settings) during checkout to take 50% off the cost, bumping it down to $100. That discount is for original v1.0 owners only - so even if you didn't get the email, but are able to enter a verified ID for your cabinet, you should be all set.

I'm almost certain these games will come as part of a firmware update. Also, I saw AtGames mention on a Facebook post that if you are pre-ordering the BitPixel LED, they will have you enter your cabinet's unique ID (found somewhere in the settings) during checkout to take 50% off the cost, bumping it down to $100. That discount is for original v1.0 owners only - so even if you didn't get the email, but are able to enter a verified ID for your cabinet, you should be all set.
Well, I put mine together today and was amazed how much easier it was than an Arcade 1Up. It took like 20 minutes compared to over an hour with A1Up. I connected to WiFi, updated the firmware and signed up for an ArcadeNet account.

I wasn't planning on buying the new LED marquee but I sure as heck want those games.

How could they do it with a firmware update? Wouldn't the update be pushed out to ALL of the units, including the newer models?

FYI: for anyone who got the Ms. Pacman countercade from the QVC deal.

I just received mine today.

It's fine, works as advertised and has the two games it should have.

But this is different from the Ms. Pacman countercades that are popping up on BestBuy, Target etc.

Those versions are being advertised as having 4 games:  Ms. Pacman + three others.

The QVC deal was cheaper but yeah... A1up actually bothered to make different SKU of the Ms Pacman countercade. And from what I can tell, it's exclusive to QVC, lol.

A couple of ways to tell the difference from pics:

1) QVC version has 1 button to the right of the stick, where the other versions have 2 buttons

2) harder to notice, but the side panels will list the game w/trademark date in small print (look under the main graphic).  The QVC model only shows two lines of print for the two games, where the other versions show four lines of print for all four games.

3) not quite sure, but I think the overall footprint of the QVC model is a tiny bit smaller.  Screensize seems the same.  I'll need to compare it with another countercade once I get home. 

I'm happy with what I got as all i cared about was Ms. Pacman and I really didn't feel like bothering with the stand-up model.

It's a good build and i noticed they are using a spring-loaded switch for the volume with varying scale of volume.  No more "OFF-Loud-Louder" like I'm used to with the SF cabinet.  You move the volume switch to either side and an on-screen graphic pops up to show you the volume setting

FYI: for anyone who got the Ms. Pacman countercade from the QVC deal.

I just received mine today.

It's fine, works as advertised and has the two games it should have.

But this is different from the Ms. Pacman countercades that are popping up on BestBuy, Target etc.

Those versions are being advertised as having 4 games: Ms. Pacman + three others.

The QVC deal was cheaper but yeah... A1up actually bothered to make different SKU of the Ms Pacman countercade. And from what I can tell, it's exclusive to QVC, lol.

A couple of ways to tell the difference from pics:

1) QVC version has 1 button to the right of the stick, where the other versions have 2 buttons

2) harder to notice, but the side panels will list the game w/trademark date in small print (look under the main graphic). The QVC model only shows two lines of print for the two games, where the other versions show four lines of print for all four games.

3) not quite sure, but I think the overall footprint of the QVC model is a tiny bit smaller. Screensize seems the same. I'll need to compare it with another countercade once I get home.

I'm happy with what I got as all i cared about was Ms. Pacman and I really didn't feel like bothering with the stand-up model.

It's a good build and i noticed they are using a spring-loaded switch for the volume with varying scale of volume. No more "OFF-Loud-Louder" like I'm used to with the SF cabinet. You move the volume switch to either side and an on-screen graphic pops up to show you the volume setting
the easiest way to tell the difference is QVC trim is pink and Walmart/Best Buy trim is yellow

Heads up for anyone with a Best Buy membership: Check your email for a 10% off coupon from Best Buy. Arcade1Up cabs are eligible for the discount. The Best Buy website is taking $50 off automatically for the Pac-Man 40th and Marvel vs Capcom pre-order pages.

Somehow I completely didn't notice when assembling my LUA but there is a crack in the wood on the right side that runs horizontally from the metal bezel to almost the monitor, at about the top of the screen. I'm not sure what to do?

I also finally checked out the ArcadeNet games and the first game I tried, Guerilla Wars I believe, was so laggy I couldn't play it. I guess the ArcadeNet games aren't downloaded but are being streamed?

Somehow I completely didn't notice when assembling my LUA but there is a crack in the wood on the right side that runs horizontally from the metal bezel to almost the monitor, at about the top of the screen. I'm not sure what to do?
Bummer. Take a photo and email [email protected] (I’m pretty sure that’s their email address) explaining it. They’re usually pretty quick to respond, although they may be a little swamped with Sam’s Club breaking street date on the v1.1 units and having to make a special firmware just for those early units that made their way into the wild.

Heads up for anyone with a Best Buy membership: Check your email for a 10% off coupon from Best Buy. Arcade1Up cabs are eligible for the discount. The Best Buy website is taking $50 off automatically for the Pac-Man 40th and Marvel vs Capcom pre-order pages.
I never get these emails. :(

If anyone received a 10% off coupon and isn’t going to use it, wanna send it my way? I’d buy golden tee today. I’ve got a bunch of unused digital Disney movie codes I could trade or find something else.

FYI Best Buy DOTD is A1Up golden Tee with riser for $285
Just saw. Gotta find me one of those bestbuy 10% off coupons now.

Not seeing any $50 break on Pac-man or Marvel, just Frogger and Street Fighter.

Not seeing any $50 break on Pac-man or Marvel, just Frogger and Street Fighter.
Those are normal sale prices. When I signed into my Best Buy account and search for Arcade1Up, the prices for the full-price cabinets are updated like this:

$499.99
my BEST BUY offer: $449.99

Those are normal sale prices. When I signed into my Best Buy account and search for Arcade1Up, the prices for the full-price cabinets are updated like this:

$499.99
Just to make me feel better- you aren’t getting a discount on sale price cabinets right? Golden tee still showing $284 for you?

Was that coupon just for being a My Best Buy member or did you need the Best Buy Rewards Credit Card, too? I got a coupon, but it requires the credit card and mine expires in September so I can't pre-order anything.

Was that coupon just for being a My Best Buy member or did you need the Best Buy Rewards Credit Card, too? I got a coupon, but it requires the credit card and mine expires in September so I can't pre-order anything.
I don't have a Best Buy credit card so your coupon must be something different I guess.

My experience with BBY coupons (like 10% off) is that there is an almost endless list of exlcusions that you only find out about when trying to apply the coupon at checkout

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

$499.99
Is your birthday in August? Mine is and I got a member offer for 10% off any single item. It will show the "My Best Buy Offer" price on anything it is valid on until you redeem it. I used it towards the Marvel vs. Capcom pre-order.

Is your birthday in August? Mine is and I got a member offer for 10% off any single item. It will show the "My Best Buy Offer" price on anything it is valid on until you redeem it. I used it towards the Marvel vs. Capcom pre-order.
No, it wasn't related to my birthday (which isn't in August.)

Bummer. Take a photo and email [email protected] (I’m pretty sure that’s their email address) explaining it. They’re usually pretty quick to respond, although they may be a little swamped with Sam’s Club breaking street date on the v1.1 units and having to make a special firmware just for those early units that made their way into the wild.
They responded quickly and just suggested I return it to Walmart. Yeah, sure. Not only am I not hauling that giant thing back to the store, they don't carry them anymore anyway.

I've been eyeing the Anniversary PacMan w/ Galaga hard. $299 is just too much but I bet I cave a $199, what is the historical black Friday expectation on these 1ups?

I've been eyeing the Anniversary PacMan w/ Galaga hard. $299 is just too much but I bet I cave a $199, what is the historical black Friday expectation on these 1ups?
Last year, Walmart had the Galaga and Final Fight units for $199, and Target had something on sale but I forget what. The extra Galagas and Final Fights were clearanced out pretty quickly thereafter where I live.

Walmart has already announced they will be completely closed all of thanksgiving (no 6pm Thanksgiving BF sale start). BF this year will be very different due to the pandemic. If there are any deals on A1Up cabs it'll likely just be online.

EDIT:

What I expect BF to be like is a long line outside of people wanting to get in and employees at the door with tablets keeping track of how many people are in the store and have come out and that it'll be hours of waiting just to get in and hope what you wanted wasn't already cleaned out. So... a mess for the most part.

$499.99
I was logged into my account and no difference in price. Just checked again - same, full price.

Walmart has already announced they will be completely closed all of thanksgiving (no 6pm Thanksgiving BF sale start). BF this year will be very different due to the pandemic. If there are any deals on A1Up cabs it'll likely just be online.

EDIT:

What I expect BF to be like is a long line outside of people wanting to get in and employees at the door with tablets keeping track of how many people are in the store and have come out and that it'll be hours of waiting just to get in and hope what you wanted wasn't already cleaned out. So... a mess for the most part.
Total miscommunication on my part there. When I say black Friday pricing, what I hear inside my head is, the price between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was thinking they historically dropped the prices on some of these for the holiday season to like $150 until they sold or clearanced. I am still new to the Arcade1Ups and a PacMan/Galaga combo might be enough to bite at just a sale price. I have never seen any clearanced out and am totally jelly of you guys for picking some of these up at $50.

Has anyone been able to download the new firmware for Arcade Legends?  I got an email this morning talking about the new firmware update and Taito games, but when I turned my cab on, nothing was available to download yet. 

Has anyone been able to download the new firmware for Arcade Legends? I got an email this morning talking about the new firmware update and Taito games, but when I turned my cab on, nothing was available to download yet.
According to their official FB group, it's going to drop sometime tomorrow. I guess they had a reason to delay the release.

According to this A1U reddit post, Costco will be receiving a Super Pac-Man cabinet as an exclusive later this month. The game list will be:

• Super Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man
  • Pac-Mania
  • Pac-Land
  • Galaxian
  • Galaga
  • Dig Dug
What makes the cabinet stand out is the control panel and LCD screen are one straight piece, just like the original Super Pac-Man cabinet.

Expect a new golden tee/bowling cabinet to be officially announced since I finally bought the Golden Tee From bestbuy. You’re welcome.

As an aside, has anyone ever returned an open cabinet to bestbuy? I kept the box and can take it all apart and get it back in there. Just debating if I should keep it or get rid of it.

Expect a new golden tee/bowling cabinet to be officially announced since I finally bought the Golden Tee From bestbuy. You’re welcome.

As an aside, has anyone ever returned an open cabinet to bestbuy? I kept the box and can take it all apart and get it back in there. Just debating if I should keep it or get rid of it.
I've been tempted, but have held off for the same reason. Holding out for the Golden Tee/Silver Strike combo.

I've been tempted, but have held off for the same reason. Holding out for the Golden Tee/Silver Strike combo.
I figured I’d just sell this one if that you get came out (it was mentioned again in an interview about a month ago). Now that I have this one built, it looks awesome- but I’m asking myself why I even bothered.

Has anyone else experienced horrible customer service with Atgames? They emailed me on August 28th that my Legends Gamer Pro was shipped and gave me a Fedex tracking number. For the last three weeks, it has shown Pending Waiting for Pickup with no further updates. I reached out to Fedex first and they told me to contact Atgames. I contacted Atgames and they responded in two different emails with two totally different responses. One said they had no idea when it would be picked up, where the other email stated it would be picked in 24 hours and the tracking would update then. Since then, I haven't heard from them since. I contact Paypal since i paid with Paypal and opened a claim. I provide Paypal with all the emails and screenshots that i could provide. When Paypal reached out to Atgames for more information....all they responded with was the same Fedex tracking number they provided me three weeks ago. Smh

fuck...My local Sam's Club has the gen 2 Legends Ultimate Arcade in stock for $499.99. I don't know what to do. Part of me wishes it was out of stock, so the temptation was gone. What to do what to do.

fuck...My local Sam's Club has the gen 2 Legends Ultimate Arcade in stock for $499.99. I don't know what to do. Part of me wishes it was out of stock, so the temptation was gone. What to do what to do.
if you aren't really hyped to get it, I'd say just skip it. If it wasn't rare to get, would you still want it? The more I think about how much I would realistically use one of these arcade machines ... the less desirable they get to me. Especially the a1up systems with just a couple games in them. Still, of all of the ones made, the Legends Ultimate is the one that has the most bang for the buck since it can play the vast majority of classic arcade games with little to no work.

The clincher for me though is that I just don't go back to actually play arcade games as much as I thought I would. My retropi setup collects dust now and only when I'm feeling nostalgic for past favorites do I go back and even play them. Even at that, usually it only takes one or two games and I'm moving on to something else. So a Legends Ultimate would end up a waste for me.

Has anyone else experienced horrible customer service with Atgames? They emailed me on August 28th that my Legends Gamer Pro was shipped and gave me a Fedex tracking number. For the last three weeks, it has shown Pending Waiting for Pickup with no further updates. I reached out to Fedex first and they told me to contact Atgames. I contacted Atgames and they responded in two different emails with two totally different responses. One said they had no idea when it would be picked up, where the other email stated it would be picked in 24 hours and the tracking would update then. Since then, I haven't heard from them since. I contact Paypal since i paid with Paypal and opened a claim. I provide Paypal with all the emails and screenshots that i could provide. When Paypal reached out to Atgames for more information....all they responded with was the same Fedex tracking number they provided me three weeks ago. Smh
I saw a post from an AtGames employee on their Facebook fan page saying that FedEx finally came and picked up a semi trailer full of Gamer Pro units yesterday, so hopefully that means yours is actually on its way.

Side note: I’m regretting not getting a Gamer Pro (especially since they upgraded everyone to the Pro for free), but figure I’ll put that $200 towards the Legends Pinball machine at some point. Although if they end up cutting a deal with Sam’s Club to have it in-store, I’ll likely just try to buy it there instead.

The clincher for me though is that I just don't go back to actually play arcade games as much as I thought I would. My retropi setup collects dust now and only when I'm feeling nostalgic for past favorites do I go back and even play them. Even at that, usually it only takes one or two games and I'm moving on to something else. So a Legends Ultimate would end up a waste for me.
This is a valid argument. My wife and I were just discussing this. She is all for it but we are both thinking the amount playtime we will put towards it. We have no machines at home, so this would be our first.

Anyone on here with the machine try the stream feature through ArcadeNet? How well does it work with PC games? Is the latency good/decent? Was wondering how well fighting games like MK11 would work on it.

I saw a post from an AtGames employee on their Facebook fan page saying that FedEx finally came and picked up a semi trailer full of Gamer Pro units yesterday, so hopefully that means yours is actually on its way.

Side note: I’m regretting not getting a Gamer Pro (especially since they upgraded everyone to the Pro for free), but figure I’ll put that $200 towards the Legends Pinball machine at some point. Although if they end up cutting a deal with Sam’s Club to have it in-store, I’ll likely just try to buy it there instead.
I just checked my tracking again with my fingers crossed hoping there was an update. Still shows Pending Pickup :(

This is a valid argument. My wife and I were just discussing this. She is all for it but we are both thinking the amount playtime we will put towards it. We have no machines at home, so this would be our first.

Anyone on here with the machine try the stream feature through ArcadeNet? How well does it work with PC games? Is the latency good/decent? Was wondering how well fighting games like MK11 would work on it.
I have. It depends entirely on your local network. I found it to be decent over Wifi, but of course if you want NO latency you can plug in a PC directly.

That said this machine is fantastic, and well worth the $$. The community is great. It now runs CoinOpsX from a flash drive, and you can find user built torrents that provide all the content you'll ever need. I have one with about 1800 arcade games, and there are separate installs (they are working on combining them) for older consoles. If you want to run something newer that the hardware can't support, you can plug in a PC or a raspberry pi. The control deck is pretty solid.

I see Arcade 1up has made the Golden Axe machine available for pre-order.  Kind of wish it wasn't a site exclusive, but still tempted based on the games on the machine.

I see Arcade 1up has made the Golden Axe machine available for pre-order. Kind of wish it wasn't a site exclusive, but still tempted based on the games on the machine.
I'm actually kind of relieved it's an online exclusive. Otherwise, I would be holding off on getting it for probably months upon months waiting for price drops and spending every day feverishly checking brickseek. Paying full price for one of these sucks, but the extra money spent to not have to spend tons of time over the next year obsessing over price drop research is probably worth it.

Plus GA2 is remarkably one game that I have always wanted to play and hasn't been beaten to death by emulator options over the years. So I'm kind of stoked that this will actually be a totally new game for me.

For anyone interested, pictures of the internals of the X-Men vs Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom A1U cabinet was made public as part of FCC testing. Aside from the pictures, the filing lists all the planned variants of the cabinet, including a Sam's Club version. The Costco exclusive cabinets have had extra games and unique artwork/accessories, so there's a decent chance the Sam's Club XvSF might have some titles not on any of the other cabinets.

https://youtu.be/MamN6y-9j5g

According to this A1U reddit post, Costco will be receiving a Super Pac-Man cabinet as an exclusive later this month. The game list will be:

• Super Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man
  • Pac-Mania
  • Pac-Land
  • Galaxian
  • Galaga
  • Dig Dug
What makes the cabinet stand out is the control panel and LCD screen are one straight piece, just like the original Super Pac-Man cabinet.
Looks like this got released, but did not include the unique form factors for the LCD screen/panel or the side cutouts. Also looks like they screwed up the buttons for Galaga/Galaxian (but are apparently going to fix with a firmware update), based on a video review. I was unlikely to pick this up anyway given the game recycling, but the addition of the missing arcade form factors ensures I won't.

Looks like this got released, but did not include the unique form factors for the LCD screen/panel or the side cutouts. Also looks like they screwed up the buttons for Galaga/Galaxian (but are apparently going to fix with a firmware update), based on a video review. I was unlikely to pick this up anyway given the game recycling, but the addition of the missing arcade form factors ensures I won't.
I like the games on this cab. That’s a cab I wouldn’t even want to mod.

bread's done
Back