The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anymore word on Arcade1Up refreshing some of their older cabinets, or is it still just rumors at this point?
I think it is confirmed at this point we'll be seeing an online enabled version of the Street Fighter 2 cabinet. There has been talk in A1U fan interviews with John D of A1U re-visiting some of the Gen 1 cabinets again, but no real concrete info. IIRC, A1U will be revealing their new set of cabinets at CES 2021.

I think it is confirmed at this point we'll be seeing an online enabled version of the Street Fighter 2 cabinet. There has been talk in A1U fan interviews with John D of A1U re-visiting some of the Gen 1 cabinets again, but no real concrete info. IIRC, A1U will be revealing their new set of cabinets at CES 2021.
It's just annoying how quickly some of these sell out because they were never plentiful to begin with, and if you want a certain cab you're stuck buying it either from a scalper for big bucks or a legitimate store like RC Willey which wants to charge $500 for shipping.

It's just annoying how quickly some of these sell out because they were never plentiful to begin with, and if you want a certain cab you're stuck buying it either from a scalper for big bucks or a legitimate store like RC Willey which wants to charge $500 for shipping.
They sell out now? I haven't been keeping an eye on them since the walmart clearance for the first gen units.

They sell out now? I haven't been keeping an eye on them since the walmart clearance for the first gen units.
Depends on the title. NBA Jam and Ms. Pac-Man are still out there, but Golden Axe went fast. BurgerTime is still available, probably because it's only being sold directly through Aracde1Up. Target doesn't seem to be selling any cabs anymore. When I've gone to Walmart, it's always the same couple cabs that no one wants. The only real store left that seems to have the Pac-Man 40th Anniversary Cab is Nebraska Furniture Mart, and that's for in-store pickup only.

Depends on the title. NBA Jam and Ms. Pac-Man are still out there, but Golden Axe went fast. BurgerTime is still available, probably because it's only being sold directly through Aracde1Up. Target doesn't seem to be selling any cabs anymore. When I've gone to Walmart, it's always the same couple cabs that no one wants. The only real store left that seems to have the Pac-Man 40th Anniversary Cab is Nebraska Furniture Mart, and that's for in-store pickup only.
Golden Axe only went fast at the $399 price when they were selling them direct. They then moved it over to being a retailer exclusive at Gamestop in the U.S. (The Brick in Canada) at $499 where it's still readily available to order.

Saw one of the new X-Men Vs. Street Fighter 1UP Cabs at a local Walmart I was at.

Would've picked it up but remembered it wasn't the version with Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter & Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems.

Is that version only exclusive to Best Buy?

Saw one of the new X-Men Vs. Street Fighter 1UP Cabs at a local Walmart I was at.

Would've picked it up but remembered it wasn't the version with Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter & Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems.

Is that version only exclusive to Best Buy?
Yes, it's only available there and comes bundled with the stool.

For anyone interested in the New Wave Toys Replicade "Dragons Lair" 1/6 arcade cab, they will be back in stock tomorrow morning at 11am(PST). The Asteroids will be back in stock at the same time as well, and both are limited to 2 of each unit per person. I really didn't want to have to buy Asteroids at full price, but if I don't get it now, I may miss out. I did get all my previous units at a discount, so can't win em all I guess? LOL I may grab an extra DL as well, as that unit is just so damn cool. 

https://newwavetoys.com

For anyone interested in the New Wave Toys Replicade "Dragons Lair" 1/6 arcade cab, they will be back in stock tomorrow morning at 11am(PST). The Asteroids will be back in stock at the same time as well, and both are limited to 2 of each unit per person. I really didn't want to have to buy Asteroids at full price, but if I don't get it now, I may miss out. I did get all my previous units at a discount, so can't win em all I guess? LOL I may grab an extra DL as well, as that unit is just so damn cool.

https://newwavetoys.com
Nothing yet

Wow, okay. Must not have had many then.
Yeah, they offered 2 per person, and unless they offer up numbers, it's guess work on our end as to qty amounts. DL was their biggest KS by a huge amount, so they probably ordered a decent amount of extra units based on early demand. Just based on reviews and interest, I didn't expect these to last long, and they didn't. Their site is showing sold out, but still has the more on the way label, so take that with a grain of salt at this point. These were due in mid December, but were held up at port, like so many things now a days, so there may be more from that order, or a site hiccup. Either way, I hope anyone interested got in on one, as the DL is beyond cool and easily their best Replicade so far.

Yeah, they offered 2 per person, and unless they offer up numbers, it's guess work on our end as to qty amounts. DL was their biggest KS by a huge amount, so they probably ordered a decent amount of extra units based on early demand. Just based on reviews and interest, I didn't expect these to last long, and they didn't. Their site is showing sold out, but still has the more on the way label, so take that with a grain of salt at this point. These were due in mid December, but were held up at port, like so many things now a days, so there may be more from that order, or a site hiccup. Either way, I hope anyone interested got in on one, as the DL is beyond cool and easily their best Replicade so far.
I failed to get one. Hope that wasn't the last chance ever. Asteroids is still available, and probably will be a good long while. Good news, if you're the type of person who is into that sort of thing.

I failed to get one. Hope that wasn't the last chance ever. Asteroids is still available, and probably will be a good long while. Good news, if you're the type of person who is into that sort of thing.
Yeah, they seem to be sold out, but they are asking for opinions on FB in regards to doing some type of variant runs for the sold out cabs so far. Since DL kind of brought attention to the company, now their early releases are in big demand, so I say why not? I was amazed at how much these are going for now, as I had no clue until I looked last month to see what DL was going for.

While I'm happy to see the value go up, I've opened all of mine and plan to display them, so reprinting or variants are fine by me. I'm happy to see others get a chance to get these cool small scale units, as they are so much cooler to me than any of the A1UP units. Hopefully they can improve the Tempest spinner down the road now that they have more funds for R&D, but only time will tell? So for anyone who missed out, go make your voice heard on FB, and they stated upcoming units will have much bigger runs to meet the new audience demand.

Yeah, they seem to be sold out, but they are asking for opinions on FB in regards to doing some type of variant runs for the sold out cabs so far. Since DL kind of brought attention to the company, now their early releases are in big demand, so I say why not? I was amazed at how much these are going for now, as I had no clue until I looked last month to see what DL was going for.

While I'm happy to see the value go up, I've opened all of mine and plan to display them, so reprinting or variants are fine by me. I'm happy to see others get a chance to get these cool small scale units, as they are so much cooler to me than any of the A1UP units. Hopefully they can improve the Tempest spinner down the road now that they have more funds for R&D, but only time will tell? So for anyone who missed out, go make your voice heard on FB, and they stated upcoming units will have much bigger runs to meet the new audience demand.
They amended their statement from "more on the way" to Limited Edition - All Sold Out. That means there will never be any more ever. The ones out there right now will be the only ones ever made.

They sent out an email that there were only 100 Asteroids ones left. Not sure how long those will last, but my guess is they’ll be gone sooner rather than later.

They sent out an email that there were only 100 Asteroids ones left. Not sure how long those will last, but my guess is they’ll be gone sooner rather than later.
Yes, but people actually had a chance to buy them, unlike the blink and its gone fiasco with DL. It seems a waste - almost criminal, to go to the trouble of making such a quality replica, only to make it available to a very small, select group of people. Only the well-informed, wealthy, lucky, or F5 geeks were able to obtain one, leaving the rest of their potential customer base unsatisfied.

Yes, but people actually had a chance to buy them, unlike the blink and its gone fiasco with DL. It seems a waste - almost criminal, to go to the trouble of making such a quality replica, only to make it available to a very small, select group of people. Only the well-informed, wealthy, lucky, or F5 geeks were able to obtain one, leaving the rest of their potential customer base unsatisfied.
Yeah, this DL cab is the first one either them or Numskull can claim was a huge success, as both companies have been around for a minute, with most games lasting a year or more at retail. The DL cab had a killer KS, and they ordered a bunch extra, but after release, that didn't end up being enough. The Asteroids was offered after DL was on the way, and it's their first offering with an actual number amount attached to the release, as each unit has a "# of" on the back decal. I think they decide to go smaller runs, so they could sell out quicker, and they could offer more releases, more frequent. And DL may have just changed their thinking, or Asteroids was just a unique one off type situation, I guess will find out on the next release.

All of these release so far have had crowd funding(Except for maybe one?), as they use those funds to get each device to retail, and it allows for new games ever so often. Until DL, I don't think these guys were doing all that great, as sells were never anything to write home about. LOL Dragons Lair has now changed that, and caught them off guard, hell, shit happens, as this was first due to arrive in March, and it finally made it in November.

DL has been a blessing and a curse for sure, as it's been their best seller, but those sells brought new attention, and a new bigger buyer base with it(new rabid fans). They have now made corrections, and will more than likely re-release these, so the wait is probably the only issue really. I've actually been talking these up in this exact forum since they became a thing, as I think these are a much better product than any of A1UP's offerings(even for the price differences). So hopefully some others here were able to start collecting while the prices were still good for these. I'm amazed what these are going for now, when they had tons of cheap sales a few times a year, as demand was just so low for these(now there the hottest new collectible). LOL

Arcade1Up is announcing their 2021 products this week at CES. Canadian retailer The Brick has already created product page of some of the upcoming cabinets:

Capcom Legacy Edition

• Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter II: World Warrior
  • Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  • Street Fighter II: Turbo
  • Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
  • Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
  • Darkstalkers
  • Strider
  • Commando
  • Final Fight
  • Ghosts ‘n Goblins
  • 1944: The Loop Master
https://www.thebrick.com/products/arcade1up-capcom-legacy-edition-arcade-cabinet-with-riser

Atari Legacy Edition

• Asteroids
  • Centipede
  • Major Havoc
  • Missile Command
  • Akka Arrh
  • Crystal Castles
  • Tempest
  • Millipede
  • Gravitar
  • Liberator
  • Asteroids Deluxe
  • Space Duel
https://www.thebrick.com/products/arcade1up-atari-legacy-edition-arcade-cabinet-with-riser

Bandai Namco Entertainment Legacy Edition

• PAC-MAN
  • PAC-LAND
  • PAC-MAN PLUS
  • SUPER PAC-MAN
  • PAC & PAL
  • PAC-MANIA
  • GALAXIAN
  • GALAGA
  • DIG DUG
  • DIG DUG II
  • MAPPY
  • ROMPERS

https://www.thebrick.com/products/arcade1up-bandai-namco-entertainment-legacy-edition-arcade-cabinet-with-riser

That 'Street Fighter' cab is tempting, if I didn't already have a billion versions of 'Street Fighter' across practically every system I own. Pretty lazy cabinet art too

Those are all nearly great game lists...

Could replace half of those Street Fighter titles. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? Mega Man Power Battles? Even just Xmen vs Street Fighter maybe?

The Pac-Man cab really just needs Ms. Pac-Man and it would be pretty great... but they've had so many Pac-Man cabs already I'm wondering who's left to buy this one

The Tempest cab is basically the same list as their old 12-in-1 (cool to see Akka Arrh added, but Space Duel better support 2p duels) which had a pretty short run originally so I like seeing it again with a cool new design. But how about Marble Madness? Or add a second spinner for Warlords? I think it just needs at least one more killer title on there.

Those are all nearly great game lists...

Could replace half of those Street Fighter titles. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? Mega Man Power Battles? Even just Xmen vs Street Fighter maybe?

The Pac-Man cab really just needs Ms. Pac-Man and it would be pretty great... but they've had so many Pac-Man cabs already I'm wondering who's left to buy this one

The Tempest cab is basically the same list as their old 12-in-1 (cool to see Akka Arrh added, but Space Duel better support 2p duels) which had a pretty short run originally so I like seeing it again with a cool new design. But how about Marble Madness? Or add a second spinner for Warlords? I think it just needs at least one more killer title on there.
Not liking the side sections overtaking the marquees. Looks like those micro arcades that use NES roms that have been floating around. At least they're making some attempt at attaining the original shape of the originals. BTW Marble Madness was Midway, and Warlords was Atari (which falls under the Midway umbrella today), so those would be out of place on a Namco machine. However, an Atari/Midway one would be cool, though, and there would be plenty of awesome titles to choose from, and they already did Rampage and Star Wars, so the licenses are possible. They could even do another Star Wars cabinet, then add some other awesome flight yoke enabled games, like Roadblasters, Stun Runner, and Paperboy, the latter of which is not ideal, but better than the analog controller choices we've had to settle with for over two decades.

Oh, hell, I’ll just get Dragons Lair from A1UP then. X-men along with TMNT were my favorites as a kid

Yeah, just pointing out that they didn't make that many of the Asteroids one as people thought. I got DL through the Kickstarter, in fact all the ones I've bought through them have been via Kickstarter. Probably he best route to go if you can afford it at the time and if you get in early you can generally get it a bit cheaper than post release.

It looks like the Pong cabinet has 4 spinners, which would be great for Warlords, even if the Pong cab makes my neck hurt just looking at it.

That X-Men cab looks to be the first time there is a mix of different publishers - they all share the same licensed properties, but isn't that a Konami game with two Data East games?

They're also releasing Dragon's Lair with Time Warp and Space Ace, a Killer Instinct cab, a four player X-MEN cab and ... PONG ... NO ONE WANTED PONG!!!! SAD!!

All the new cabs are listed here on the A1UP site
That explains why the Replicade DL will not produce any further units. It also eliminates the possibility of a Replicade SA or DLII in the future. At least A1UP took the trouble to reproduce the cabinets faithfully, including the digital scoreboards. This is all moot, since my Final Fight quit working after less than a month of use, despite working with customer support (until the warranty ran out). I will not do business with them again, especially after my brother (who is a computer programmer and a hardware expert) disassembled my cab and looked at the components. He said they were horribly sub-standard, and had proprietary interfaces which made it difficult (and expensive) to replace components. Pretty sad A1UP now more or less has a monopoly on cab reproductions, and anyone who hits upon as success like DL like Replicade did will be rewarded by losing the license.

That explains why the Replicade DL will not produce any further units. It also eliminates the possibility of a Replicade SA or DLII in the future.
There is an iiRcade Dragon's Lair cabinet currently in the works, so I doubt A1U has exclusive rights to license.

There is an iiRcade Dragon's Lair cabinet currently in the works, so I doubt A1U has exclusive rights to license.
I was wondering the same thing, as I never heard New Wave Toys would not do SA or DL2, as Replicade had Centipede and Tempest, while A1Up had both titles on machines around the same time. These are for sure two very different markets, and I have never seen one competing with the other, at least not for me.

I might also point out that Numskulls Quarter Arcade series has several games as well that have been offered by A1Up. Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, etc. So I'm pretty sure most of these are OK to be offered at the same times, as for the last 2 years, that's the way it has been.

That X-Men cab looks to be the first time there is a mix of different publishers - they all share the same licensed properties, but isn't that a Konami game with two Data East games?
You are right. Kinda wishing X-Men was 6 player edition!

But totally pumped to see Battletoads Arcade even if it's in the KI cabinet. Would prefer its art over KI's.

I was initially excited by many of the titles, but after reading more on each I'm not so sure.  No online for SFII, the digital scoreboard on the DL and Space Ace cabs are just smartphones (likely a cost move, but still don't care for it personally), the titles on the X-men cab are kind of meh outside of the main title and at least as of the moment, Best Buy has Pong listed at $550, which seems a bit much given the titles included and A1U's bad track record with the spinners.  KI looks interesting and may be in for that one based on reviews.  Maybe some of these things will be revised before release, I guess we'll see.

Data East seems to be an easy publisher to get rights from. I see their games on all manner of cheap mini-arcade products.

There was one Outrun at my nearest Walmart for $400, which is less than the $550 Gamestop is asking for. I wanted to get it but just don't have the room.

They had a crap ton of Ms. Pac-Man before Christmas and they all sold. NBA Jam, however, is collecting dust.

I was initially excited by many of the titles, but after reading more on each I'm not so sure. No online for SFII, the digital scoreboard on the DL and Space Ace cabs are just smartphones (likely a cost move, but still don't care for it personally), the titles on the X-men cab are kind of meh outside of the main title and at least as of the moment, Best Buy has Pong listed at $550, which seems a bit much given the titles included and A1U's bad track record with the spinners. KI looks interesting and may be in for that one based on reviews. Maybe some of these things will be revised before release, I guess we'll see.
No wifi for SF2 does suck, but at least now I know skipping the first SF2 and Final Fight cabinets was the right call. Here's hoping for a Midway cabinet combining MK and Ramage into one.

https://9to5toys.com/2021/01/11/arcade1up-ces-2021/

Oh nice, it DOES have Warlords! Just saw that on the product page on the A1Up site. Thanks for all the links TrumpCat... that does make me kinda want the Pong one though
Pong, along with many other early-to-mid '70s games, was hardwired, so it is impossible to emulate as it does not use roms. Whatever version they use here would not be authentic. I also don't recall ever seeing a cocktail version of Pong. The sequel, Pong Doubles, had one, but it looked nothing like this.

Pong, along with many other early-to-mid '70s games, was hardwired, so it is impossible to emulate as it does not use roms. Whatever version they use here would not be authentic. I also don't recall ever seeing a cocktail version of Pong. The sequel, Pong Doubles, had one, but it looked nothing like this.
I mean... technically the original arcade versions of all these games were hard-coded chips on circuit boards so none of it is truly "authentic" ... but that's exactly what emulating is. And yeah, the Pong art looks like the old cabs I remember, but I don't know that there was ever a system in that style, although I was too young to go into a bar when Pong was big. I love the design though, especially since it looks like it's sized to be proper stand up height. I'd be very tempted by that if I didn't already have a Jamma 60-in-1 built into a cocktail table with a very similar shape that I paid 3x as much for from a local shop 10 years ago.

There was one Outrun at my nearest Walmart for $400, which is less than the $550 Gamestop is asking for. I wanted to get it but just don't have the room.

They had a crap ton of Ms. Pac-Man before Christmas and they all sold. NBA Jam, however, is collecting dust.
I was in a walmart yesterday here that had half a dozen of the Outrun sitdown cabs. Cool idea... though I still can't bring myselft to spend the money. They also had a fresh stock of various stools.

i still regret not getting a sf2 cabinet for $150
Now I regret not getting a couple other first gen ones for $75 (Space Invaders and Rampage). I convinced myself that we'd see more deep clearance ones in the future. I got that SF2 though and I do not regret heh.

Not how I was wanting to see Paperboy, but it's not like the other games from the original cab aren't compromised.  Rampage is now a 2 player game instead of 3, Gauntlet maxes out at 2 players now....  maybe Defender will be more playable with more buttons closer to the joystick, though.  

Paperboy without the handlebars, though....  too bad.  Something tells me we will see a retailer exclusive Paperboy cab, though.

A1UP has put me a position of wanting to replace the first gen units and having to figure out what to do with the old ones.  Should I carry one into a Gamestop and see what happens?  :)

I have a feeling they'll end up out on the curb for bulk item pickup day.  

A1UP has put me a position of wanting to replace the first gen units and having to figure out what to do with the old ones.
Honestly, I think this is what they're hoping for. We all know the first round of machines weren't great and they had some cosmetic band-aids after release, but they probably want to replace the first line straight out. Not an entirely bad idea. I, like many, skipped the first batch, and it sounds like most just picked them up because they were clearanced and/or to stick a Pi in. I get how early adopters might not be happy about this though.

Well, that Midway cabinet happened faster than i thought it would. Nice to see Rootbeer Tapper on there. Too bad it's not plain old Tapper. Needs the optional tap on the joystick. :)

Not how I was wanting to see Paperboy, but it's not like the other games from the original cab aren't compromised. Rampage is now a 2 player game instead of 3, Gauntlet maxes out at 2 players now.... maybe Defender will be more playable with more buttons closer to the joystick, though.

Paperboy without the handlebars, though.... too bad. Something tells me we will see a retailer exclusive Paperboy cab, though.

A1UP has put me a position of wanting to replace the first gen units and having to figure out what to do with the old ones. Should I carry one into a Gamestop and see what happens? :)

I have a feeling they'll end up out on the curb for bulk item pickup day.
Rampage will suck with just two players, but Gauntlet was already two players on the Rampage cab. I felt they should have done a Gauntlet cab - especially since their first-round cabs were closer to the original machine's shape. They could have included all 4 Gauntlet releases - Gauntlet, 2, Legends, and Dark Legacy - and it would have been awesome. While missing something without the handlebars, Paperboy is playable with analog controls and throttle (like Playstation's dual shock controller). An all digital version would be a disaster. As mentioned before, Atari released enough games (Star Wars trilogy, Roadblasters, STUN Runner, Hydra, etc.) to make a dedicated flight yoke cabinet, which would be a good substitute for Paperboy, as the yoke works very similarly to Paperboy's original controls. Toobin' will work well with MK layout, but will suck without a vertical monitor. Also, even though it would share Toobin's vertical problem, not including Sinistar is a . . . sin!

bread's done
Back