The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you really want to play games when they are in the cold because the boards can flex/crack potentially when they warm up.  It's part of the territory when you have something that is cold and then it gets hot immediately.  There could also be some condensation that builds up on the electronics and again, you won't want to turn on your game while it's got some condensation on electrical parts.

I kept my KI2 cabinet in my garage for 7 years through summer and winters here in MD, and it survived fine.  But I never spun it up while it was out there other than a couple times in the hotter months, but I didn't have to worry about any of the effects of cold at that time.

So, does the earlier discussion about Atgames' quality issues extend to this Game Pro? I also can't figure out if there is a USB connection - I'd rather use this for my own setup than their games.

Well crap... looks like I'm buying something I don't need (because I already have the full sized ALU cabinet) but I just can't pass on that deal.

So, does the earlier discussion about Atgames' quality issues extend to this Game Pro? I also can't figure out if there is a USB connection - I'd rather use this for my own setup than their games.
This is essentially the control deck from the ALU just without the cabinet. It has a wireless puck that connects to your TV and has the USB ports on it

Walmart also has the Galaga countertop for $49....really fighting the urge on these two, especially the countercade

EDIT: Woops didn't see it on the previous page, saw it on Wario64

I'm about to renovate my office, so the ability to add something like this to my space was just too tempting to pass up.  

Hopefully it'll be here in a few days.  

Yeah, I couldn’t resist this deal either. I did research a bit and yes you can add games with a usb. It doesn’t have the hdmi in for other stuff but for just pure gaming it seemed like a good setup even without the spinners.

I certainly didn't need the galaga counter case but it's something I had my eye and will be looking forward to just having a smaller option than the ALU even it is only for a couple games

Dammit. Too tempting to resist. I love Galaga, and $50 seems reasonable, even if the screen isn't ideal. Should be fun to just stick in the office. Got 2 of the Legends Gamer Pros. $99 seems like a really good deal. I've been eyeing a tank stick and the Atari Fightstick for a while. The Gamer Pros seem like they will fit my needs better. Heck, for $99 even if I just want to use them as controllers they are a good deal based on all the reviews I've seen. Good thing about getting them from Walmart is that if I get them and think they suck then I can easily return them.

Build quality for the ALU stuff is pretty good. AtGames got a terrible reputation for what they did with the Genesis on a chip type devices, but these are pretty solid. We have an Legends Gamer Pro unit with CoinOpsX installed and it was worth every penny. Now that it is closeout at $99 at WM it's a bargain.

Anyone use one of these Legend Gamer Pros in a dedicated pinball build? I snagged it immediately at 99$, now trying to figure out what to do with it, lol. I think I saw somewhere that you can just connect to the pc usb and use it as a controller (the puck has the brain, the panel is just controls). Not sure if the Gamer Pro has any feedback for the flipper buttons.
And is there any firmware to stay on or stay away from for modding or access?

Hello CAG..new to the home arcade

I want to make a raspberry pi retropi arcade. Preferably 4 player.

What's the cheapest way to go about doing this that doesn't involve woodworking? ( I don't mind putting kits together, but don't want to cut / shape my own wood/ boards. ) I guess I need some sort of joystick stuff too?

I know microcenter has the 2 player kits, but i'm really looking for a full-stand up 4, not a bartop

Good thing about getting them from Walmart is that if I get them and think they suck then I can easily return them.
Plus it’s free buyers remorse protection. I have a feeling though that I will like this. It’s similar to what I built for my retropi setup... just with a couple extra buttons and a trackball. The game list seems pretty solid.

Hello CAG..new to the home arcade

I want to make a raspberry pi retropi arcade. Preferably 4 player.

What's the cheapest way to go about doing this that doesn't involve woodworking? ( I don't mind putting kits together, but don't want to cut / shape my own wood/ boards. ) I guess I need some sort of joystick stuff too?

I know microcenter has the 2 player kits, but i'm really looking for a full-stand up 4, not a bartop
Probably the cheapest and easiest way is to get an Arcade Legends Ultimate. You get a cabinet with graphics (which is the most expensive part of a cabinet, even if you know woodworking). A 1UP conversion is a good option, but on 1UP cabinets the electronics are proprietary, so it isn't compatible with anything they didn't make. You can't just swap the motherboard for a raspberry pi: you'll likely have to replace the control deck, as I had to. Four player decks are hard to come by, but if you get a two player one with USB ports, you can plug in just about any USB compatible controllers. You'll also either need to get a monitor converter, or replace the monitor. This requires a new mount, but is the more popular option, as you can put in up to a twenty inch, versus the 14 inch 1UP monitors, which are crappy quality. The overall cost to do a good quality conversion is at least what it would cost to buy an Ultimate, and that's assuming you can get a 1UP for cheap.

Also keep in mind that, to get MAME to work on a raspberry pi, you need to have some coding knowledge, as it isn't pick up and play.

I know someone who found a non-working arcade cabinet (Galaxian), and was able to get it working by replacing the monitor with an LCD screen, and installing a multicade for the processor. Unfortunately, with all these kits out there simple enough for lay people to use, I'm sure the price of broken cabinets has gone way up, but if you can find one, that is the best option. As an earlier poster said, you can strip these down, and some even allow you to break it into pieces, to make them easier to move.
I found Arcademodup to be a good site to use for any options.

If I had my stimulus it wouldn't even be an issue, but right now I'm trying to show some self-control and resist the purchase. I know exactly what would happen if I bought this silly thing... I'd spend maybe a week with it, then put it in the corner of my computer room and forget that it exists.

Probably the cheapest and easiest way is to get an Arcade Legends Ultimate. You get a cabinet with graphics (which is the most expensive part of a cabinet, even if you know woodworking). A 1UP conversion is a good option, but on 1UP cabinets the electronics are proprietary, so it isn't compatible with anything they didn't make. You can't just swap the motherboard for a raspberry pi: you'll likely have to replace the control deck, as I had to. Four player decks are hard to come by, but if you get a two player one with USB ports, you can plug in just about any USB compatible controllers. You'll also either need to get a monitor converter, or replace the monitor. This requires a new mount, but is the more popular option, as you can put in up to a twenty inch, versus the 14 inch 1UP monitors, which are crappy quality. The overall cost to do a good quality conversion is at least what it would cost to buy an Ultimate, and that's assuming you can get a 1UP for cheap.

Also keep in mind that, to get MAME to work on a raspberry pi, you need to have some coding knowledge, as it isn't pick up and play.

I know someone who found a non-working arcade cabinet (Galaxian), and was able to get it working by replacing the monitor with an LCD screen, and installing a multicade for the processor. Unfortunately, with all these kits out there simple enough for lay people to use, I'm sure the price of broken cabinets has gone way up, but if you can find one, that is the best option. As an earlier poster said, you can strip these down, and some even allow you to break it into pieces, to make them easier to move.
I found Arcademodup to be a good site to use for any options.
The arcade legends ultimate is at a fanstastic price point and has all the features I need with as little trouble as possible.

To you sir, +1 internet.

but it does come with about thirty games, most of which are arcade ROMs and not Famicom ROMs.)
Comes with 20 games. I was looking at this earlier after seeing the Galaga counter top system sold out.

Side note, the stimulus is showing as a pending deposit. More than I was expecting, looks like it’s crediting me for a family of 5 (which I have, but two of my sons are 18+). Will just dump it to savings once it posts.

Comes with 20 games. I was looking at this earlier after seeing the Galaga counter top system sold out.

Side note, the stimulus is showing as a pending deposit. More than I was expecting, looks like it’s crediting me for a family of 5 (which I have, but two of my sons are 18+). Will just dump it to savings once it posts.
Nice! Unfortunately, nothing showing for us yet.

Get busy on a weekend, don't check the thread, and miss a great deal. :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

I've always wanted to pull the trigger on that Gamer Pro, but the price was blah.  $99 would have been perfect.

Same thing happened with that $99 Ms. Pac-Man AU1 cocktail unit at BB a while back.

Get busy on a weekend, don't check the thread, and miss a great deal. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

I've always wanted to pull the trigger on that Gamer Pro, but the price was blah. $99 would have been perfect.

Same thing happened with that $99 Ms. Pac-Man AU1 cocktail unit at BB a while back.
Sounds to me like you need to be usin the slickdeals app with instant notifications turned on.

I have a few keywords setup for instant alerts, “Arcade1up” being one of them. That’s how I was able to grab that $99 cocktail cab.

Does anybody know if the cabinet and the pro have the same sticks? I picked up the pro and wanted to get bat tops for it but all the ones I've found are for the Ultimate. Are they interchangeable?

Does anybody know if the cabinet and the pro have the same sticks? I picked up the pro and wanted to get bat tops for it but all the ones I've found are for the Ultimate. Are they interchangeable?
From what I saw, there were two versions of the cabinet. The one at Samsclub had side flipper buttons and the one at Walmart did not.

Not sure if there were any other differences though.

Do you know what kind of joysticks are in the cabinets?

Generally speaking, it should be easy to find a different top if it's the kind that can be changed. From the looks of it they seem like they are Sanwa or Sanwa knockoffs. Sanwa definitely makes bat tops that you can swap on. I did that when I used to build joysticks for PS3/360.

Galaga Countercade was delivered to me yesterday. Played a little last night and some today. I was worried about the screen size based on reviews, but I do not find it so bad. Unfortunately, the fire button sticks and doesn't always work. Hopefully there is an easy fix to it, as I do not want to return the thing since Walmart is sold out, thus I would just get a refund and not a replacement. For anyone with the Galaga Countercade, is the stick fairly loose? My stick goes quite the range left/right before it moves the ship.

From what I saw, there were two versions of the cabinet. The one at Samsclub had side flipper buttons and the one at Walmart did not.

Not sure if there were any other differences though.
Thank you for the info. So it looks like there are 2 different cabinets and 2 different table top stick (4 way and 8 way plates). I hope the sticks are at least the same so I can try the cabinet bat tops on the table top unit.

Do you know what kind of joysticks are in the cabinets?

Generally speaking, it should be easy to find a different top if it's the kind that can be changed. From the looks of it they seem like they are Sanwa or Sanwa knockoffs. Sanwa definitely makes bat tops that you can swap on. I did that when I used to build joysticks for PS3/360.
It's set for delivery Tuesday so I haven't seen them yet. I'd imagine the cabinet and the table top sticks use the same type of top to make part replacement easier but you never know.

Thank you for the info. So it looks like there are 2 different cabinets and 2 different table top stick (4 way and 8 way plates). I hope the sticks are at least the same so I can try the cabinet bat tops on the table top unit.

It's set for delivery Tuesday so I haven't seen them yet. I'd imagine the cabinet and the table top sticks use the same type of top to make part replacement easier but you never know.
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Mine is set to be delivered tomorrow, so I just want to play with it for a bit and see what parts I may want to upgrade after some time.

I also caved and bought the Galaga @ $49 and the Legend Gamer Pro @ $99...
Ditto. I'm not sure how wise that was, but...

Does the $99 Legend Gamer Pro have the same "trackball" problem the Ultimate does? People keep saying you should buy and install the trackball supports to avoid problems, but I didn't know if that applied to the Legend Gamer Pro as well.

Also, is there a guide anywhere on installing a SPINNER on the Legend Gamer Pro?

Finally... does anyone how how the two sets of controls work when used with a game system? I have a Switch and have both Mayflash Magic NS adapter and the 8bitdo Wireless USB adapter -- does anyone know if I can use those (with or without USB) and get this to work as two joystick sets, or just as one?

Sounds to me like you need to be usin the slickdeals app with instant notifications turned on.

I have a few keywords setup for instant alerts, “Arcade1up” being one of them. That’s how I was able to grab that $99 cocktail cab.
I'm 48 yrs. old. I'm at that point where the less notifications I get, the better. I turned on twitter notifications back when I was trying to get a PS5. I don't know what made me happier...actually getting the PS5 or turning off those twitter notifications.

I've also gotten all of my A1U deals as slow burn Walmart clearance. I'm usually not lucky enough to get the glitch deals, just the runner-up prize of a cancellation email!

Thanks for the info though.

Ditto. I'm not sure how wise that was, but...

Does the $99 Legend Gamer Pro have the same "trackball" problem the Ultimate does? People keep saying you should buy and install the trackball supports to avoid problems, but I didn't know if that applied to the Legend Gamer Pro as well.

Also, is there a guide anywhere on installing a SPINNER on the Legend Gamer Pro?

Finally... does anyone how how the two sets of controls work when used with a game system? I have a Switch and have both Mayflash Magic NS adapter and the 8bitdo Wireless USB adapter -- does anyone know if I can use those (with or without USB) and get this to work as two joystick sets, or just as one?
I should have my gamer pro later today. I probably won't mess with it much till this weekend.

From what I read, spinners aren't possible. The controller portion is just a bluetooth controller (not the actual system).. and worse the system itself won't let you select spinner controls anyway for games that could use them. Thankfully, I'm not a big fan of the spinner. I mainly wanted the trackball which has good feedback. Not sure if it needs the supports.

I'm 48 yrs. old. I'm at that point where the less notifications I get, the better.
47 here... and yeah, I don't want notifications. What I do instead is hit CAG (at least) once a day and look through the threads that have updates which I post in and read the titles of anything I haven't. Usually I catch deals that way. Thankfully I don't buy much as I have most games that I legit want to own so most deals end up not that tempting. In this case, I checked in right before the end of work on Friday and caught onto the gamer pro deal. Didn't order it till after I got home and made 100% sure that the USB BYOG thing actually worked. I checked late Saturday and they were still in stock at walmart. So... probably a good 24hours of notice.

I'm 48 yrs. old. I'm at that point where the less notifications I get, the better. I turned on twitter notifications back when I was trying to get a PS5. I don't know what made me happier...actually getting the PS5 or turning off those twitter notifications.

I've also gotten all of my A1U deals as slow burn Walmart clearance. I'm usually not lucky enough to get the glitch deals, just the runner-up prize of a cancellation email!

Thanks for the info though.
You only have me by a few years. I also had the Twitter notifications for the ps5 and then turned all that off. Never used Twitter before that and won’t use it anymore. I hardly ever touch the ps5 but I’m happy I have it and more happy those notifications are off haha.

I probably get 5 or so slickdeals notifications a day, if that. Really nice to have for when my ryobi or greenworks tools go on sale. Otherwise I generally hate notifications and have almost all of them turned off on my phone.

"Also, is there a guide anywhere on installing a SPINNER on the Legend Gamer Pro?"
I read on a reddit post that you could install your own spinner, connect both the spinner and inside controls to a usb hub, then plug that usb into your computer and you can map out the controls with something like joytokey.It may or may not work if you are using the At games puck alone (plugged in as usb). Could be possible that it recognizes the spinner like the trackball with x/y coordinates.

39 here. I need fewer notifications on my phone and fewer notifications in my life. Just let me have 30 minutes for BurgerTime.

I set up my USB drive with 4.5 saUCE as well. Really can't wait for FedEx to arrive today to try it out.... and then leave it sitting on a shelf for a while.... :p
My last emulation device for CoinOps was my original modded Xbox. I even got this universal stick to use with it (also works on PS2 and Gamecube), but the 480p output was limiting as I could only use it on my older 1080p TV.

MULTI-Universal-Real-Arcade-Stick-by-Pelican-large-image.jpg

bread's done
Back