The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the USB port doesn't work on my system. Tried multiple different drives, but none are recognized.

That's fun...
Oof.

I'm about to go home, but don't plan on messing with mine... have you updated the firmware? Pretty sure these things do the firmware over the net.

Oof.

I'm about to go home, but don't plan on messing with mine... have you updated the firmware? Pretty sure these things do the firmware over the net.
Yeah, Firmware took care of all the issues. Got CoinOpsX working and played with a few games. Pretty nice system.

This video walked me through it fairly easily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFiWJGXIFE
Great video right there.

I got mine in yesterday. Awesome for what it is. I wouldn’t be happy with it if I was only keeping the preinstalled games, but that’s not why I bought this. Downloaded a couple of UCE games to test and they all worked great. Amazing how games such that was.

Later this week I’ll install coinopsX on it.

What's the plan?
Probably the same as everyone else... just throw coinopsx on there and be done. Not sure yet where I'm even going to set this up. Probably will just temporary set it up on the tv in the formal living room as it's somewhat small (32") and we almost never even use it anyway.

is that $100 price for the At Legends Pro at walmart like a normal price and it's in stock a lot?  Or was this a one off the other day?

Even though I have a real MAME cabinet, I think for $100 I'd get one just to have one that could hook up anywhere.

is that $100 price for the At Legends Pro at walmart like a normal price and it's in stock a lot? Or was this a one off the other day?

Even though I have a real MAME cabinet, I think for $100 I'd get one just to have one that could hook up anywhere.
One off. Looks like it lasted a day or 2 and sold out. I wonder if it’s a price drop to clear out inventory as it still shows $99 but is sold out.

I also have 2 mame cabs. And some other cabs. I bought this because for $99 why not. I like it so far.

I don’t care for the games that came preinstalled. $99 and I can very easily add whatever I want to it though? Yes please.

This deal has been out for a couple of days (bout $30 dollars off USD, 22% discount), but just pulled the trigger on the NeoGeo Arcade Stick Pro: link.

This deal has been out for a couple of days (bout $30 dollars off USD, 22% discount), but just pulled the trigger on the NeoGeo Arcade Stick Pro: link.
I'm a bit tempted, but after the ATGames purchase, I'd probably not grab the Neo Geo stick unless it were closer to $50.

Side note -- why do all the Amazon pages for the Neo Geo stick say "Neo Geo Pocket" on them? Is that just a catalog issue, or is there some connection to the Neo Geo Pocket?

I'm a bit tempted, but after the ATGames purchase, I'd probably not grab the Neo Geo stick unless it were closer to $50.

Side note -- why do all the Amazon pages for the Neo Geo stick say "Neo Geo Pocket" on them? Is that just a catalog issue, or is there some connection to the Neo Geo Pocket?
Other than the smaller footprint of the neo geo stick I do not see too much of an advantage over the atgames sticks. You can play all of the Neo Geo games on the AtGames unit, provided you have (legal) roms for the games you are interested in.

Well, New Wave Toys latest Replicade is now up for pre-order for the next 2 weeks(Capcom/Romstar 1942 & 1943 Overhaul Edition). Now a few things to note, is that both cabs include 1942 & 1943 games, the only real difference is the look of each. The 1942 cab is shorter, so the extra 2 player controller does not appear to have the hiding space in the rear like their SF2 cab had, or the 1943 cab appears to have.

I was only planing to get the OG 1942, but that will probably not fit as well among my other cabs, since it is shorter. I will also miss that storage space in the rear, so in this case, I may just go for the 1943 cab and call it a day, as I'm not that in to either game were I need to buy both.

They also have their new USB change charger(blue ver.), up for pre-order as well. Of course all said items have there pre-order discount, so get in early if you don't want to pay the full retail at release. Although I can't see much of a demand for either of these and probably why they are doing open pre-orders, as a way to gauge demand.

https://newwavetoys.com
Last 9 hours to get in on these NWT pre-order discount deals!

I thought some people in here may be interested in this so I figured I'd post it.  

I hadn't been able to find any video on the internet about a full play through of this game on actual hardware.  There is a MAME play through on youtube, but it looks like absolutely crap IMO.

So for my first time ever playing through Locked N' Loaded a short while ago, I decide to record it and upload it to youtube.  It's basically Data East's version of Lethal Enforcers and it's not really a known game.  It's pretty rare as well but it's also not really sought after either.  I picked it up on eBay recently and it's literally only the second one I've ever seen for sale since I got into the hobby back at the end of 2019.

I thought overall it was really fun and I'm a big fan of it.  I'm a big fan of Lethal Enforcers as well.

https://youtu.be/2QNq9in8HpA

I thought some people in here may be interested in this so I figured I'd post it.

I hadn't been able to find any video on the internet about a full play through of this game on actual hardware. There is a MAME play through on youtube, but it looks like absolutely crap IMO.

So for my first time ever playing through Locked N' Loaded a short while ago, I decide to record it and upload it to youtube. It's basically Data East's version of Lethal Enforcers and it's not really a known game. It's pretty rare as well but it's also not really sought after either. I picked it up on eBay recently and it's literally only the second one I've ever seen for sale since I got into the hobby back at the end of 2019.

I thought overall it was really fun and I'm a big fan of it. I'm a big fan of Lethal Enforcers as well.
It does look pretty good, though it's such a ripoff of Lethal Enforcers I'm surprised there wasn't a lawsuit over it, like there was with Fighter's History. It does appear to have better graphics and animations than Konami's classic, though the end boss, a car that drives into you, isn't nearly as cool as the military chopper in LE. Overall a good find.

It does look pretty good, though it's such a ripoff of Lethal Enforcers I'm surprised there wasn't a lawsuit over it, like there was with Fighter's History. It does appear to have better graphics and animations than Konami's classic, though the end boss, a car that drives into you, isn't nearly as cool as the military chopper in LE. Overall a good find.
The weapons variety is better in Locked N' Loaded in my opinion. I also like how you have X amount of magazines of the weapons too, for the most part. I didn't realize this initially.

Like if you have 3 magazines of the shotgun, and you shoot 2 shots (with like 4 left) and you reload, it takes one of your magazines away so you have 2 left and a full 6 bullets. So after I realized that, I'd try to go down to 1 or 0 bullets in a magazine before I reloaded.

I thought that added a nice touch. Some weapons though don't have that and it's just 1 magazine, like of rockets, and you can't reload or anything. Once it's out you just go back to default weapon.

I got CoinOpsX running on my AtGames Legends Gamer Pro yesterday.  I'm actually using a microSD card in a USB adapter and it didn't like the new USB 3.0 adapter I got (which allows microSD and SD).  I switched to an old USB 2.0 adapter for microSD only and that worked.

Too much choice of old school games now.

Got my Legends Gamer in, and unboxed today.
Wasn’t somebody asking about side buttons for pinball? Mine has two on each side.

I got the firmware updated, and am working on building my USB drive.

I got CoinOpsX running on my AtGames Legends Gamer Pro yesterday. I'm actually using a microSD card in a USB adapter and it didn't like the new USB 3.0 adapter I got (which allows microSD and SD). I switched to an old USB 2.0 adapter for microSD only and that worked.

Too much choice of old school games now.
Yeah, I'm going to put together some playlists to really try and narrow down some of the lists. Having over 4,000 games on it is a bit overwhelming when you want to try and find something.

After avoiding 1Up's and similar cabinets for about two years I finally caved and got the Sam's Club Legends Ultimate Arcade cabinet, two acrylic side panels and a CoinOpsX USB stick. My mother in law has a Sam's Club card so I didn't have to pay shipping either. Saved about $175 and this version includes the Pinball buttons. 

Hopefully this will quench my thirst for an arcade machine. It'll be here Monday and I'm pretty damn excited!

After avoiding 1Up's and similar cabinets for about two years I finally caved and got the Sam's Club Legends Ultimate Arcade cabinet, two acrylic side panels and a CoinOpsX USB stick. My mother in law has a Sam's Club card so I didn't have to pay shipping either. Saved about $175 and this version includes the Pinball buttons.

Hopefully this will quench my thirst for an arcade machine. It'll be here Monday and I'm pretty damn excited!
I’m seriously thinking about doing the same thing. Where did you get the side art? Not a fan of what is already on there. I’m just torn if I jump in now or wait hoping a newer version will come out or if this will go on sale at all...

I was out earlier and got the email they were back in stock too and ordered from my phone.  Not sure how much use it will get but too hard to pass up at $100 lol.

Well I actually just bought the acrylic plastic to cover the existing art. They do have a few options on their website for $50 if you want to replace it completely though. They have Tetris, Bubble Bobble, and some other random games.

I have two dogs and a 1yr old so anything a few inches off the ground is easily ruined in this household lol.

I’m seriously thinking about doing the same thing. Where did you get the side art? Not a fan of what is already on there. I’m just torn if I jump in now or wait hoping a newer version will come out or if this will go on sale at all...

Those of you who have put Coinopsx on At Legends Pro - does this same method work here even though this is for legends?

https://youtu.be/oaFiWJGXIFE

Also, does anyone know how it compares power/performance wise to a RetroPie on a PI3?

Those of you who have put Coinopsx on At Legends Pro - does this same method work here even though this is for legends?

Also, does anyone know how it compares power/performance wise to a RetroPie on a PI3?
I opted to be lazy and buy a pre-made stick off Etsy, but from this video seems along the same lines as everything else I've watched / read. AtGames made it so extra ROMS must be installed on a separate USB stick that also needs to be partitioned and that's where a lot of people seem to be having issues / confused.

I opted to be lazy and buy a pre-made stick off Etsy, but from this video seems along the same lines as everything else I've watched / read. AtGames made it so extra ROMS must be installed on a separate USB stick that also needs to be partitioned and that's where a lot of people seem to be having issues / confused.
Okay gotcha. I was thinking it was like kind of a "hacked" thing but it appears to just be a feature of the cabinet to side load your own roms.

Anyone know if there is a way to get a dreamcast emulator on there and run Atomiswave games like Dolphin Blue?

Okay gotcha. I was thinking it was like kind of a "hacked" thing but it appears to just be a feature of the cabinet to side load your own roms.

Anyone know if there is a way to get a dreamcast emulator on there and run Atomiswave games like Dolphin Blue?
I was also lazy and bought a thumb drive off Etsy. Figured it was worth it rather than try and dig through various sites to get the packages and format everything. Plus my only PC is for work and they filter all that stuff out, so I can't see many gaming sites.

In terms of DC emulators, from watching CoolToy videos, he seems to recommend just running stuff off your PC and streaming it locally to the AtGames device. That seems to be the easiest way to play more advanced arcade type games.

I used this video and got it up and running. Both the upright and legends pro are compatible with this. I am PC illiterate (Mid 50's) and just followed the video carefully using a 128 gig thumb drive. It is really fantastic. At the end after I installed CoinopsX it was all black on the title pages. I reinstalled CoinopsX turned off the 'Puck' and it was all there (Nearly 1700?) games. I own a dozen full size arcade games from the early 80's (Missile Command Asteroids Donkey Kong Robotron...) and am pleased to say they play exactly like the originals I actually own. Could not be more pleased!

Similar. In my basement I have a pc mame cabinet running launchbox, a rasp pi 3b+ mame cabinet, an Arcade1up golden tee, a real pga tour championship 3 arcade cabinet, and now this.

Performance is put it at the pi 3b+ or maybe a little faster. Some rgsmes run better on each. Example- word class bowling is unplayable on my pi build but is very playable on the gamers pro. NBA jam runs fine on both.

The trackball on the arcsde1up is much better than the one on the gamers pro but strangely enough I played a better round of golden tee 2k on the gamers pro than I did on the Arcade1up. I’m sure there’s some trackball settings at play there. Both trackballs suck compared to the real pga tour cabinet though.

Similar. In my basement I have a pc mame cabinet running launchbox, a rasp pi 3b+ mame cabinet, an Arcade1up golden tee, a real pga tour championship 3 arcade cabinet, and now this.

Performance is put it at the pi 3b+ or maybe a little faster. Some rgsmes run better on each. Example- word class bowling is unplayable on my pi build but is very playable on the gamers pro. NBA jam runs fine on both.

The trackball on the arcsde1up is much better than the one on the gamers pro but strangely enough I played a better round of golden tee 2k on the gamers pro than I did on the Arcade1up. I’m sure there’s some trackball settings at play there. Both trackballs suck compared to the real pga tour cabinet though.
Do you know if it's possible to replace the trackball on the pro with one from a real arcade cabinet?

I frequent arcade forums and facebook groups since I own some myself and I see them for sale all the time. If the quality is that bad then it would be nice to just be able to replace it. It will be fun to play trackball games with a real trackball too like Golden Tee on this thing.

I got one of the “saucey” builds and built my own flash drive.
Total time was maybe 80 minutes, and the bulk of that was games compiling.

Very fun to play around with. Worst part will be storing the thing.

Legends Pro in stock right now.

Reading the thread this morning and got a little pissed that I signed up for alerts and didn't get one yesterday during the restock.  Revisited Walmart and signed up for alerts again.  Came back to CAG and within 5 minutes got the alert! 

Funny that the gamer mini is the smaller form factor yet $30 more.

Legends Pro in stock right now.

Reading the thread this morning and got a little pissed that I signed up for alerts and didn't get one yesterday during the restock. Revisited Walmart and signed up for alerts again. Came back to CAG and within 5 minutes got the alert!

Funny that the gamer mini is the smaller form factor yet $30 more.
I knew about it last night from an email alert that went out.

Do you know if it's possible to replace the trackball on the pro with one from a real arcade cabinet?

I frequent arcade forums and facebook groups since I own some myself and I see them for sale all the time. If the quality is that bad then it would be nice to just be able to replace it. It will be fun to play trackball games with a real trackball too like Golden Tee on this thing.
From what I have read on some gamer pro and alu groups I am in, the track ball is a unique size and is not interchangeable with standard arcade trackballs

From what I have read on some gamer pro and alu groups I am in, the track ball is a unique size and is not interchangeable with standard arcade trackballs
Ah damn that is a shame. Oh well hopefully it's still somewhat usable. Playing Golden Tee or bowling games in my MAME cabinet with a joystick just isn't the same lol.

bread's done
Back