The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Legends Ultimate wouldn't be able to handle late 90s games like Tekken 3 or NFL Blitz right? I grew up with a lot of those games. What's the best way to play those types of arcade games?

So Legends Ultimate wouldn't be able to handle late 90s games like Tekken 3 or NFL Blitz right? I grew up with a lot of those games. What's the best way to play those types of arcade games?
You're going to need a PC for those. I picked up a refurbished HP i5 workstation from Newegg for $100 for my setup. I figured I needed something more powerful after my Shield TV wouldn't do Killer Instinct or other late 90's games. It's worked pretty good so far, running everything I've thrown at it with shaders on mame. If I do run into something that has issues, I could just pop in a GPU.

FYI: Ollies is selling new old stock of the Gen1 Asteroids and Centipede A1U cabinets for $130:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/mc6h83/just_fyi_if_anyone_has_ollies_by_them_centipede/
FYI: Ollies is selling new old stock of the Gen1 Asteroids and Centipede A1U cabinets for $130:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/mc6h83/just_fyi_if_anyone_has_ollies_by_them_centipede/
The centipede one would be nice if you don't already have a unit with a trackball ( or your unit's trackball is not working, get those shims!)

I have Centipede and really like the look of it. I don't play it but it's different. The Asteroids one I occasionally regret buying when I look at it sitting in the box... I did test it out because Gen 1s had all kinds of issues, but yeah... not loving it.

Probably those and Android, I presume. I was hoping the Mayflash adapter I have would make the joystick compatible with Xbox One as well, but after your report I'm less confident of that.
There's still a chance that using it via USB and the Mayflash might yield results, but I'm skeptical... I need to get either a male-to-male USB or a size adapter for the existing cable.

I was so sure that someone said these would work as controllers "on your system" and game systems were referred to, but perhaps I'm crazy.

You can put them on the same drive, you'll just want to set up playlists to sort them otherwise it gets pretty messy.
Thanks. One more question here. I just did the whole CoinopsX process and I'm on the last part where you actually install the CoinopsX app from AppStoreX and launch it. However, when I try to launch it, I get some message saying,

"All Offline Mode sessions have been utiluzed. Please log back into your ArcadeNet account for security vqlifation, whuch will reset the Offlibe Mode to 5 available sessions. Select Login to validate or Exit to leave this page."

What exactly is going on here? I didn't see any of this in the install video, so is this normal? I didn't even plan on signing up for an ArcadeNet account and just wanted to use CoinopsX offline. Is that possible?

Thanks. One more question here. I just did the whole CoinopsX process and I'm on the last part where you actually install the CoinopsX app from AppStoreX and launch it. However, when I try to launch it, I get some message saying,

"All Offline Mode sessions have been utiluzed. Please log back into your ArcadeNet account for security vqlifation, whuch will reset the Offlibe Mode to 5 available sessions. Select Login to validate or Exit to leave this page."

What exactly is going on here? I didn't see any of this in the install video, so is this normal? I didn't even plan on signing up for an ArcadeNet account and just wanted to use CoinopsX offline. Is that possible?
You need to create an arcade net account and log in to use coinopsx. Must do this every 5 uses. It’s free

What a bogus limitation. Especially if you planned on using this offline. Have to wonder why nobody seems to mention that. Kind of a major annoyance.
Indeed. I rather hope someone finds a solution to this, eventually...

Of course, that raises the question of which will have a longer lifespan -- AtGames hardware or their company.

Indeed. I rather hope someone finds a solution to this, eventually...

Of course, that raises the question of which will have a longer lifespan -- AtGames hardware or their company.
That's a good point, and my guess would be the company - epecially since sh@tgames seems to have amassed an even bigger "do no wrong" army than A1U.

I knew something was up the second I couldn't find the power button on the core...

No one also seems to mention the other gigantic elephant in the room, which is the insane amount of lag on this thing.

That's a good point, and my guess would be the company - epecially since sh@tgames seems to have amassed an even bigger "do no wrong" army than A1U.

I knew something was up the second I couldn't find the power button on the core...

No one also seems to mention the other gigantic elephant in the room, which is the insane amount of lag on this thing.
We talking input lag or just like the interface is slow?

If there is noticeable input lag on this thing, then mine will be on the Facebook Marketplace next week. I get mine tomorrow but won't really be able to mess with it because of birthdays going on this weekend.

I had input lag until I set my TV to game mode. If that doesn't work, then get a USB hub (if using coinopsx) and plug the controller into the puck directly.

I haven’t noticed any lag on mine. It could be there and I just don’t notice it.

This thing is absolutely great for $99 and if you plan on (very easily) adding games to it. $99 and only keeping the games it comes with, meh. Full price and keeping only the games it comes with? NO. Full price and adding games- maybe.

You could very easily add coinopsX to this and build a pedestal and have yourself a nice little arcade cabinet.

Now, long term because of how they have the software and an account is required- hopefully they don’t do anything stupid and coinopsX will always work on this thing. We’ll see.

But you can’t beat it at that sale price.

Edit: another major bonus for me at least is that it’s truly wireless. I don’t have room for this in my barcade. I’ve got my 3 cabs and pinball and that’s it- no more room. However- I can keep the dongle plugged in to the main tv behind the bar and I can store the control panel under the pinball table when not in use. When someone wants to play I just put the control panel on the bar and you play while sitting at the bar. Perfect setup. Even better- when there’s company over (which happens a lot) and I can’t get down to the barcade, I simply unplug the dongle and bring this up to my office amd I can play up there.

You need to create an arcade net account and log in to use coinopsx. Must do this every 5 uses. It’s free
Dang. Now I’m thinking maybe of just returning this before I even start with it. Someone needs to create custom firmware for this thing to bypass that ish.

We talking input lag or just like the interface is slow?

If there is noticeable input lag on this thing, then mine will be on the Facebook Marketplace next week. I get mine tomorrow but won't really be able to mess with it because of birthdays going on this weekend.
The interface especially (both the default one and COX) are really laggy. The games to me probably not as bad, but something does seem off (given it's also a wireless device, I went in expecting that, but might be more than I expected - it would actually be great to see what you and some others on here think since you might have better reference points).

There are some other general stability things I've run into that have also made me skeptical:

- Played Top Racer (which is actually SNES Top Gear) and everything was moving super fast and the emulation in general was some of the worst I've ever seen for any device. Given this is one of the included 150 games, I would have expected this to run WAY better.
- The way of entering coins (down + start) doesn't even seem to work half the time or do anything different than just pressing start. Pressing right + start to change the controls also definitely seems like great way for the kids to easily jack up the controls at some point.
- I lost video at one point somehow and literally had to unplug the core and replug to get it back
- In COX, the button to scroll down the list (B I think) literally stopped working on P1 (still worked on P2) making me think I accidentally remapped the UI controls - it eventually just mystically started working again so no clue what happened.
- The list navigation on COX is absolutely terrible if you have a lot of lists, as there doesn't seem to be a way to go backwards. You start on ALL and if you accidentally change to the next list and want to go back one, you literally have to cycle forward through every one just to get back to ALL, and it actually takes way more time than you'd think.
- To even get to COX, you gave to select it from the AppX tab (or whatever it's called) and then there is a long period of loading time for the COX app to even appear - which is weird, because I thought it was installed locally, but seems to be pulling from a server or something.
- The wifi range is terrible on this. I planned on using this in an area of the house that doesn't get the best reception, but still works decent enough with my TV, game consoles, and tv receiver. But this thing does not seem to work at all and I literally have to disconnect core and lug all this crap downstairs just to do anything web related, such as firmware updates, installing COX, etc. It's going to be great having to do this too after every 5th time playing COX.

Overall, it was just $120 for unit and stick which I see as fully retrievable and I'm not totally giving up on it yet and want to play around with it some more. I basically bought this as a replacement and improvement over the wonkiness of the "RPI Arcade" equivalent. I still think this has the edge over that, but value gap between the two (in terms of performance, simplicity, polish, and overall user experience) is WAY smaller than I hoped going in...

Which is hillarious because if I told this to myself a year ago I would say, "Well no shit buddy, this is made by AtGames, what did you expect?" Which makes me further think either a) AtGames has the most effective marketing team of all time or b) consumer quality requirements have all but vanished, to the point where they would rather defend crap than demand quality.

Which is hillarious because if I told this to myself a year ago I would say, "Well no shit buddy, this is made by AtGames, what did you expect?" Which makes me further think either a) AtGames has the most effective marketing team of all time or b) consumer quality requirements have all but vanished, to the point where they would rather defend crap than demand quality.
When these were first released, I saw several reviews from some quality Youtubers, that if they had any issues, they would have stated as much(sponsored or not). I didn't bother to buy this, as it was something else I didn't need currently, but if space and funds wouldn't have been an issue, I would have been glad to grab one based on those early impressions.

Now that being said, Atgames had issues in the past with sending better quality devices out for review, then sending something else out the door to retailers. I don't know if that may have happened here, but anything is possible I guess? So while I still haven't bought anything from Atgames, as nothing they really offer is for me currently, I have seen much more goodwill towards them in recent times that don't send me in the other direction at first sight. LOL

Is there any kind of coinopsx mod for pinball games?
If you go on their FB group,there was some guy just a day or two mentioning how there is a sauce pack for them floating around somewhere, but it's hard to find. He was giving the location to people DM him. Just go on there and look for the thread with probably hundreds of replies.

The interface especially (both the default one and COX) are really laggy. The games to me probably not as bad, but something does seem off (given it's also a wireless device, I went in expecting that, but might be more than I expected - it would actually be great to see what you and some others on here think since you might have better reference points).

There are some other general stability things I've run into that have also made me skeptical:

- Played Top Racer (which is actually SNES Top Gear) and everything was moving super fast and the emulation in general was some of the worst I've ever seen for any device. Given this is one of the included 150 games, I would have expected this to run WAY better.
- The way of entering coins (down + start) doesn't even seem to work half the time or do anything different than just pressing start. Pressing right + start to change the controls also definitely seems like great way for the kids to easily jack up the controls at some point.
- I lost video at one point somehow and literally had to unplug the core and replug to get it back
- In COX, the button to scroll down the list (B I think) literally stopped working on P1 (still worked on P2) making me think I accidentally remapped the UI controls - it eventually just mystically started working again so no clue what happened.
- The list navigation on COX is absolutely terrible if you have a lot of lists, as there doesn't seem to be a way to go backwards. You start on ALL and if you accidentally change to the next list and want to go back one, you literally have to cycle forward through every one just to get back to ALL, and it actually takes way more time than you'd think.
- To even get to COX, you gave to select it from the AppX tab (or whatever it's called) and then there is a long period of loading time for the COX app to even appear - which is weird, because I thought it was installed locally, but seems to be pulling from a server or something.
- The wifi range is terrible on this. I planned on using this in an area of the house that doesn't get the best reception, but still works decent enough with my TV, game consoles, and tv receiver. But this thing does not seem to work at all and I literally have to disconnect core and lug all this crap downstairs just to do anything web related, such as firmware updates, installing COX, etc. It's going to be great having to do this too after every 5th time playing COX.

Overall, it was just $120 for unit and stick which I see as fully retrievable and I'm not totally giving up on it yet and want to play around with it some more. I basically bought this as a replacement and improvement over the wonkiness of the "RPI Arcade" equivalent. I still think this has the edge over that, but value gap between the two (in terms of performance, simplicity, polish, and overall user experience) is WAY smaller than I hoped going in...

I’ve said this repeatedly. Their ideas are great. Their execution is average. At best. Own the original Legends ultimate. Pinball arrived couple weeks ago. Gamer pro arrived today. Have the bitpixel. Preordered pinball joystick. I really really like their products.

But god forbid if you have any issues you are gonna be shit outta luck for the most part. Anyone that suggests anything negative on the FB groups is banned.

If you go on their FB group,there was some guy just a day or two mentioning how there is a sauce pack for them floating around somewhere, but it's hard to find. He was giving the location to people DM him. Just go on there and look for the thread with probably hundreds of replies.
Thanks, but I don't have a FB account. I've pretty much avoided all forms of social media wherever possible.

I'm going to test out the Mayflash adapter -- because the Pro base has a full size USB port, I had to order a USB A male/male cord ... I thought I had enough adapters to fix that with my normal usb cables, but I don't appear to have a male mini USB to male USB A anywhere.

I'm going to test out the Mayflash adapter -- because the Pro base has a full size USB port, I had to order a USB A male/male cord ... I thought I had enough adapters to fix that with my normal usb cables, but I don't appear to have a male mini USB to male USB A anywhere.
Didn’t the pro come with a usb A male to male cable? I’m pretty sure mine did.

A bit hard to see in the photo but my acrylic sides came in and they look AWESOME! Really glad I splurged and got them. Only downfall was those little plastic screws they provide now for the artwork are giant pieces of shit and almost every single one ended up stripped. Oh well. Can't tell anyways.

My trackball kit came too and that was very easy to install. Hopefully it actually works and keeps my trackball from getting damaged.

https://imgur.com/a/JvKufcB

IIpWf42.jpg

Got my Gamer Pro just now.  For $100 it feels pretty solid.  The trackball isn't as crappy quality as I expected, although it definitely doesn't spin as much as one on real arcade machines.  But overall the build feel of it for $100 seems pretty decent.

Hopefully later this evening I can hook it up and actually try out some games on it.

I tried to use the USB stick in 2 partitions as mentioned in the video a while back and when I start Coinopsx it says "no coinopsx files found" or something along those lines.

The same exact thing happened to my buddy that followed the same video.  And we both used that Samsung 128gb stick.

Anyone know whats up with that?

That's unfortunate. I still haven't gotten mine yet, and now I'm worried that setting up CoinopsX will be a headache. (I haven't bought that trackball shim yet either. Is it really that important?)

I tried to use the USB stick in 2 partitions as mentioned in the video a while back and when I start Coinopsx it says "no coinopsx files found" or something along those lines.

The same exact thing happened to my buddy that followed the same video. And we both used that Samsung 128gb stick.

I didn't have any issues. Formatted the partitions just like the video said, added the files to the second partition, Ran AddOnX on the drive, put it in the USB port, the system saw the drive in the puck adapter and formatted the first partition and everything worked.

I didn't have any issues. Formatted the partitions just like the video said, added the files to the second partition, Ran AddOnX on the drive, put it in the USB port, the system saw the drive in the puck adapter and formatted the first partition and everything worked.
I wonder if it's a FW version or something. I had to update FW because it didn't even have the option to look at USB without doing so.

A bit hard to see in the photo but my acrylic sides came in and they look AWESOME! Really glad I splurged and got them. Only downfall was those little plastic screws they provide now for the artwork are giant pieces of shit and almost every single one ended up stripped. Oh well. Can't tell anyways.

My trackball kit came too and that was very easy to install. Hopefully it actually works and keeps my trackball from getting damaged.

https://imgur.com/a/JvKufcB

IIpWf42.jpg
Very nice! I also got my trackball kit. Do you recommend I install it right away? I've been nervous to crack open my Gamer Pro for fear I will end up damaging the track ball trying to install it and then I'm completely screwed. Is it that easy to install?

The same exact thing happened to my buddy that followed the same video. And we both used that Samsung 128gb stick.

I don't know what all steps you took, but don't forget you need to format the drive and then mount it. Then I think you have to unmount and remount. As someone else mentioned, you also need to update to the latest firmware and you need to be logged into ArcadeNet for this to work. I also had to do a reboot as well and that got everything working perfect.

I don't know what all steps you took, but don't forget you need to format the drive and then mount it. Then I think you have to unmount and remount. As someone else mentioned, you also need to update to the latest firmware and you need to be logged into ArcadeNet for this to work. I also had to do a reboot as well and that got everything working perfect.
I didn't unmount/mount again but I just did it now and still same thing.

Then I just rebooted it when i first tried to run it it said "rebuilding coinopsx assets please try again" and then I did and it worked.

Although I noticed the video previews and marquees etc didn't work.

Very nice! I also got my trackball kit. Do you recommend I install it right away? I've been nervous to crack open my Gamer Pro for fear I will end up damaging the track ball trying to install it and then I'm completely screwed. Is it that easy to install?
So it actually was pretty easy, all I had to do was remove some screws and remember where they went. It is a bit nerve wracking when the unit is open and all the parts are exposed, but just make sure you're on a clean surface and don't drop anything on it haha.

The directions weren't exactly on par for my unit when it came to taking it apart (some screws were in different spots than they said), but other than that easy peasy. Since you already got it I'd probably just throw it in now so you don't have to worry about it.

Very few seem to mention that you need to reboot the Gamer Pro after installing coinopsx in order for it to load, leading to confusing results. I took mine back to Walmart because it had pretty unbearable lag in everything...the menus, the games, coinopsx, even present in the health check....and I was in front of the puck at 2 feet away the whole time and on the latest firmware. Only response I found was to plug it in usb and you won't have lag. Well, I got it because it was Bluetooth and wireless and a usb plug is most definitely a wire, lol.
Happy for everyone that can find a use for this, but even at 99$ I could not find a use for it with the lag.

This thing... wow. Geez. I don't know about the rest of you, but it's been a disaster for me. The second half of the joystick doesn't respond to input, the trackball doesn't work, CoinOpsX doesn't function after multiple mounts, dismounts, remounts, and reinstallations, the puck is sluggish, and those are its GOOD parts!

This was supposed to be AtGames' redemption arc, but from my view it's done nothing to help the company's reputation. This had better be something they're willing to fix, because I spent waaay too much money on this to have them f me in the b.

EDIT: More to report. The controller is fine when used with a PC, and in all likelihood a Raspberry Pi. It doesn't use XInput, the current industry standard, so button assignments are screwy and Steam games don't like to cooperate with it. This is strange, as the buttons are labeled as they would be on an Xbox controller. However, the stick works fine with emulators like Arcade MAME. If you don't mind fire being button 14 or whatever, it'll do the job.

The console is recognized as two "2 axis 24 button gamepad (controllers) with hat switch," with the trackball functioning as a mouse. Unlike its operation with the puck, the console is spritely and responsive when connected directly to a PC. The trackball works acceptably; not the best you can find but good enough for a klutz like me to beat the factory high score in Centipede. The shims might help. A replacement trackie almost certainly would.

I can't vouch for the console's Bluetooth functionality with PCs; I'll have to spend more time with it to know if it works well enough to use in that capacity.

Man I don't know if some of you have blinders or what, but this thing is a piece of shit.

It's  laggy as fuck.

The sound is laggy as shit in some games, very noticeable in MK2.

The graphics are complete and utter shit.

Remapping buttons is a fucking pain in the neck.

Half the games I've tried straight up don't work.

The sound is low as hell on half of the games I've tried so I have to blast my volume on my TV to even hear it.

Here are two quick videos I took.  I don't know how anyone can say this input lag is acceptable.

https://youtu.be/S6cpiGppwgQ

https://youtu.be/cj2htMYE79w

And this TV isn't laggy at all.  The input when actually doing stuff in the menus is faster than that too so it's clearly the emulation.

I have a retro pie that I play on my projector that is much much better than this, and I have a pi2jamma in my Killer Instinct 2 cabinet that is also much better than this.  I was hoping I could play this upstairs and enjoy it but nope.

So I downloaded what I thought is version 4.0 of coinopsx with the instructions to make it 4.5.

When I am in AppStoreX and highlight COINOPSX and look on the left side, what version should I be seeing there?  What version do you guys see?

I couldn't even get CoinOpsX to start, so...

I dig the controller. That works fine on my PC, and I'm gonna test it on my emulation desktop. That has all the games I want on it, and doesn't require a handshake with the frickin' AtGames corporation to use it. Honestly, that's the dumbest design ever, and I'm vaguely insulted that AtGames forced me to sign up for its ArcadeNet service just so I can use their product (which doesn't work properly anyway).

Oh, man, the nightmares I had with CoinOpsX on my Legends Ultimate. Trying to update it with the horrendous wireless the system has is an utter joke. I finally got everything updated after trying well over 100 times and haven't updated since. I actually haven't played with the LU in quite a while, but when I got everything updated it was awesome.

I also tried loading games via BYOG and they play with noticeably less input lag than when through coinopsx.
I think I'm using the same stick as you (128 Samsung) and I actually read somewhere today that this stick heats up after awhile and that might be contributing to some of the lag. I 100% noticed this today with COX after my kid was playing for awhile. COX seems pretty demanding in general and I'm actually amazed something like this is even able to run on an AtGames branded product at all.

Another thing I thought about today - I'm actually worried about these bezels leaving image burn on my OLED, so I've since demoted it to a lesser TV.

Also looks like a new firmware update came out today, so I guess I'll update once my COX counter hits 0 and I have to bring this giant thing downstairs next to my router.

F'n AtGames...

Aggravatingly, this joystick does not play well with Linux, or Batocera in particular. I was hoping that would be its saving grace, but trying to get it to run games in MAME was a nightmare... I couldn't insert coins, which precluded me from playing the games. Eventually the stick just stopped working entirely with Batocera, but it DOES still function on my Windows PCs. Uh, okay?

Didn’t the pro come with a usb A male to male cable? I’m pretty sure mine did.
Oops... I was using a USB extension, and somehow missed the cable that was plugged into it...

SOOO... I can't get the Mayflash NS adapter to notice the Legends Pro stick at all -- neither in wired nor wireless mode. I've run out of ideas ...

I've been messing around with the stick for a while, and from what I can tell, there's no XInput mode. It's using an input protocol that's so old, even your home computer is lucky to see it, let alone other game systems. (I haven't tested it with my Xbox One yet; I strongly suspect it won't work, even with the blue adapter that recognizes 90% of what's thrown at it.) The button configuration is really weird... L1 is button 7, L2 is button 14, and so on.

What's disheartening for me is that I thought I could circumvent the flaky puck I was sent by using a computer running Batocera instead. That worked only sporadically, becoming less cooperative after an update and not being recognized at all after I attempted a wireless connection. Do you know how frustrating it is to be trapped in the attract mode of an arcade game, having no options to exit out, feed credits, or start the damned game? Very frustrating.

Yet despite all this, I don't want to send the stick back. It would be expensive and cumbersome, and beyond that, I'm honestly convinced that this stick could be salvaged. It does work... it's just temperamental. Plus it's got a lot of equipment here which make it worth more than the price I paid. A USB compatible trackball anywhere near arcade size is going to cost at least fifty bucks!

So I'm looking at the Legends Ultimate, but I'm super confused about installing Coinops X. If I use one of those etsy thumb drives, does the cab require a constant wifi connection to run every time I use it? If so that's a dealbreaker for me.

bread's done
Back