The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll need to handshake with the AtGames server once every five uses.
Well fug, if I knew this I wouldn't have bought mine either. That's a pretty hard dealbreaker.

What happens when AtGames goes offline? Geez.

I got A1Up's Legacy Capcom cab today.  That cabinet design wasn't thought through and I didn't really consider it myself, but you'd think someone along the way would have realized sticking the marquee out that far in a 3/4 scale cab wasn't going to work great.  If you're taller than maybe around 5'8"/5'9" you're not going to see the entire screen if you want to play this standing up with the riser thanks to the marquee no longer being recessed.  I've got one of their stools, so I guess it's not the end of the world, but.... not great.  

I got the AtGames Legends Gamer Pro controller yesterday. I admit to being a noob at emulating but a friend of mine got the Yippie-Ki-Yay sauce added to it without any issues and I love it. Now I want to see if I can get some mods to run the Atari/NES/SNES games too. Very impressed with it so far. 

I've been messing around with the stick for a while, and from what I can tell, there's no XInput mode. It's using an input protocol that's so old, even your home computer is lucky to see it, let alone other game systems. (I haven't tested it with my Xbox One yet; I strongly suspect it won't work, even with the blue adapter that recognizes 90% of what's thrown at it.) The button configuration is really weird... L1 is button 7, L2 is button 14, and so on.
I want to like this more, but it went from "arcade joystick I can use on other stuff" to "unit that won't work with most stuff."

Can someone who has coinopsx 4.5 installed on the Gamer Pro tell me what version number it shows on the left when you have it highlighted in the menu under AppStoreX before clicking to launch it?

My Etsy ordered CoinOpsX drive came in and I legit couldn't be happier. Installed it using the provided instructions (it came per-partitioned so it was literally plug and play), and holy shit the interface and game selection is insane!

I might be more of a casual arcade enthusiast because I personally can't see any input lag when I play. There's definitely some occasional lag when you're scrolling through the menu, but it's so well done I can give them a pass.

Here's my biggest question though .. .WHAT GOLDEN TEE GAME IS THE BEST? I have like 6 on my system haha, any suggestions?

My Etsy ordered CoinOpsX drive came in and I legit couldn't be happier. Installed it using the provided instructions (it came per-partitioned so it was literally plug and play), and holy shit the interface and game selection is insane!

I might be more of a casual arcade enthusiast because I personally can't see any input lag when I play. There's definitely some occasional lag when you're scrolling through the menu, but it's so well done I can give them a pass.

Here's my biggest question though .. .WHAT GOLDEN TEE GAME IS THE BEST? I have like 6 on my system haha, any suggestions?
Golden Tee 3-D Golf (1995) through to Golden Tee Classic (2001) are the (no pun intended) "golden age" when the series was in its heyday. These are the versions people are most familiar with, and commercial reproductions like A1UP and a Plug and Play from years ago used these versions. I'm not a huge fan, so I don't really notice much difference across them, other than the course selection. Those are the ones I believe most people would say are the best, even though later versions introduced real-time 3-D graphics and evolved in graphics and performance. The beginning titles from 1990 and 1992 are also worth a look if you want to see the series roots, though I doubt you'll want to play them much.

Don’t play golden tee, 1 , or 2. Super old and slow.

98, 99, 2k, and then classic are really all the same just different courses.

Look at the courses on the right on this site:

https://www.goldenteefan.com/courses/1999-golden-tee-2k/golden-tee-2k/

Edit:
Quick comparison. I have the gamer pro, the golden tee Arcade1up, 2 mame cabinets I built (pi and a pc one), and a real pga tour arcade. My mame builds could never play golden tee right. Probably the trackball I used. I like the trackball on the Arcade1up. The gamer pro trackball sucks but is good enough for what it is- oddly enough I play better on the gamer pro than I do on the arcade1up. Nothing comes close to the real trackball on the pga tour cabinet.

Thanks.

I decided to rebuild my games partition and found the 4.5 version instead of going from 4.0 -> 4.5, and once I did that, everything is working better and as it should.  I get marquees, previews, individual fonts.  The input lag is noticeably better too, but it's still there.  There is no way I could ever play a fighting game on this thing in a more serious manner. 

The graphics are still really bad on it though.  It's almost like it's missing colors or something or needs some sort of filters.  I don't know what it is exactly but it just looks really bad.  LIke I know it's pixel graphics and stuff, but it looks SUPER pixelated, which is why I'm saying it needs filters or something to help out.  I am playing on my 65" TV and retropie looks better than this and less pixelated on my 120" projector screen, and with less lag.

It still has sound issues too.  Like MK2's sound is just off.  It just plays most sounds delayed or completely leaves out sounds.

There is also something up with the control sometimes.  We were playing Wizard of Wor and the input would "stick" where it would move more in the direction you pressed than you wanted to.  Like you'd stop pressing up and it would still move up a bit.  It happened to both my side and my buddy playing as player 2.  But, this must be game specific because I didn't notice that happening in anything else we tried.

We also tried some random game called B.C. something and you are cavemen and it's like a mini game type of thing.  It requires precise timing of button pushing to try and do hurdles, stop a meter at the top of the bar, etc, and it's virtually unplayable because of the input lag on this thing.

For $100 I may keep it as some casual gaming unit to play upstairs in my main family room, but I'm still super on the fence if it's even worth that.  It's nowhere near as good as a retro pie and not even in the same stratosphere as my KI2 cabinet with pi2jamma in it running regamebox.

Almost totally sure my Legends Gamer Pro is busted. The trackball won't work with the puck, only my laptop. Same deal with the second joystick. Wal-Mart says they can replace it when they have spares, which they currently do not. AtGames/Dichroic Cat has not responded at all, which is frustrating. I don't know specifically what's wrong with this machine; it could be the joystick itself and it could be the puck, but there's no way for me to know for sure. I don't want to send back the stick, because it's hella heavy and it might not even be the source of the problems.

Try resetting the puck and rebooting. I had some issues at first with BT connecting but a few resets and now it’s working as expected. Pretty happy with this thing overall. Yes some slight delays from BT and a little audio delay but overall I’m pretty impressed. This thing is a nice stop gap until I can save up enough pennies to build a dedicated mame cabinet

I had the same problem (trackball/P2 controls not working). How I got them to work was:
1. Connect the console directly to the puck with the USB cable.
2. Unsync P1/P2 connections in the settings menu.
3. Resync P1/P2 connections.
Worked fine after that! Hopefully this can be useful for someone with the same problem.

How do I unsync/resync the controllers? I need a little more information, please.

It's in "wireless pairing." Disconnect all devices shown. I just did that and got my joystick back. Will test this with the trackball to make sure. Thanks!

Anyone use one of these Legend Gamer Pros in a dedicated pinball build? I snagged it immediately at 99$, now trying to figure out what to do with it, lol. I think I saw somewhere that you can just connect to the pc usb and use it as a controller (the puck has the brain, the panel is just controls). Not sure if the Gamer Pro has any feedback for the flipper buttons.
And is there any firmware to stay on or stay away from for modding or access?
Rumor has it the CoinOpsX people are working on the pinball aspect.

Finally opened my $99 Walmart Gamer Legend Pro and I have a dumb question.  Does it come with a power cord for charging the controller surface?  The manual states that I charge it with the same micro usb cord and wall wort that powers the disc, but there isn't a micro usb port on the controller surface, just a dc in which in the manual is only on the 8xxx model and the sticker on mine says it's a 28xxx model.  Their website and a cursory check on the interwebs was fruitless and there are a lot of experts here, so what am I doing wrong?  TIA

Use the male to male usb A cable to charge it. You can use the wall wart it came with it any USB port that is free in your set up.

After mulling it over and just how huge the gamer pro is and all the issues... figured the safe bet was to accept buyers remorse, and take it to Walmart and return it in store. I only opened the box and looked at it. Had no issues with the return, just explained to the checker at the door that it was a Walmart.com purchase that was shipped in its retail box and that I didn’t realize how huge it was. Same at the customer service desk. It seemed like a good deal.. but other than the trackball, i can pretty much do everything else this offered with my home built dual arcade controller setup (which has a smaller footprint)... and yeah I thought ahead and put pinball buttons on it. I still have a retropi for it but could easily use it with pc and build out a cab or bartop if I really want a dedicated setup. Last thing I need is another system to find a home for anyway.

After mulling it over and just how huge the gamer pro is and all the issues... figured the safe bet was to accept buyers remorse, and take it to Walmart and return it in store. I only opened the box and looked at it. Had no issues with the return, just explained to the checker at the door that it was a Walmart.com purchase that was shipped in its retail box and that I didn’t realize how huge it was. Same at the customer service desk. It seemed like a good deal.. but other than the trackball, i can pretty much do everything else this offered with my home built dual arcade controller setup (which has a smaller footprint)... and yeah I thought ahead and put pinball buttons on it. I still have a retropi for it but could easily use it with pc and build out a cab or bartop if I really want a dedicated setup. Last thing I need is another system to find a home for anyway.
Yeah I'm going to take video of mine in action today and then toss it on FB Marketplace. I'd just return it but I also have no use for the USB stick so figure I'll try to get rid of it all together.

I finally went ahead and bought a Legends Ultimate cabinet, expecting it Friday. I'll be going the CoinopsX route and I watched a few tutorial videos--looks pretty straightforward so I don't really understand why people are buying flash drives for $50 on Etsy, especially since those sellers are making money from other people's work.

Anyways, has anyone done any hardware mods on these cabinets? I don't really like the stock artwork on the cab. Any way to change the marquee? I'm thinking of converting it to a Simpsons cab (lol).

I finally went ahead and bought a Legends Ultimate cabinet, expecting it Friday. I'll be going the CoinopsX route and I watched a few tutorial videos--looks pretty straightforward so I don't really understand why people are buying flash drives for $50 on Etsy, especially since those sellers are making money from other people's work.

Anyways, has anyone done any hardware mods on these cabinets? I don't really like the stock artwork on the cab. Any way to change the marquee? I'm thinking of converting it to a Simpsons cab (lol).
Agreed on not buying a drive, the process is super simple and as you note anyone selling it is making money off all the hard work of others.

Check out the ALU forum on Reddit - a good number of people discussing various mods and where to get graphics, etc. I haven't done anything with mine as of yet, but have a pre-order in for a bitpixel marquee.

And to note, if you want to avoid the login process with coinops, you can just use the addon feature. Not as fancy on the front end and there are some limitations as far as how many games you can put on your drive (but still a fairly large amount) and there is no login requirement for addon.

Mm, I found it rather difficult myself. But I kept skipping the part where you run all the games through the AddOnX software on your PC. I assumed all the games in the torrent I downloaded would be pre-configured to just work and that I wouldn't need to do anything beyond putting them on the flash drive. Don't assume that.

I guess the last thing I need to do is figure out how to download the pinball games. Are those free? I was under the impression that they were, but maybe I should stop assuming things.

I don't really understand why people are buying flash drives for $50 on Etsy, especially since those sellers are making money from other people's work.
It's a convenience thing. It's like why do people go out to eat when they can cook at home... because it's easier to just buy something that's ready made without doing any of the work. So the community is providing the sauce for this thing as a gift... someone else is taking the time to acquire compatible drives and bake the pie.

It's not for me or you... but if it saves someone a few hours of downloading (slow internet, download limits, or whatever) ... acquiring a compatible drive... setting up the multiple partitions... and then copying everything where it needs to go... I don't see a problem. $50 might be a bit much.. not sure.. .factor in the retail cost of a good drive, shipping, fees, ... and then look at the profit there. If the etsy person is making $15 or whatever... that's a great deal less than I make per hour. So... yeah even at that price, It works out as a pretty fair trade.

Anyone got a good guide how to hookup my PC to my arcade1up?
I watched this around the time it came out. It's for retropi... but it would work out pretty much the same for any hdmi based system you want to connect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09DQCOr6zQM

Of course it's going to depend a great deal on which A1Up you have, it's control deck, and so on. In the end you might just end up re-using the cabinet, monitor, and then modding everything else to be compatible.

Of course it's going to depend a great deal on which A1Up you have, it's control deck, and so on. In the end you might just end up re-using the cabinet, monitor, and then modding everything else to be compatible.
A1UP seemed to go out of its way to make its components incompatible with typical parts. You'll either have to replace stuff or buy convertors for it. I ended up gutting my unit, replacing everything electronic, since A1UP parts are really crappy quality.

It's a convenience thing. It's like why do people go out to eat when they can cook at home... because it's easier to just buy something that's ready made without doing any of the work. So the community is providing the sauce for this thing as a gift... someone else is taking the time to acquire compatible drives and bake the pie.

It's not for me or you... but if it saves someone a few hours of downloading (slow internet, download limits, or whatever) ... acquiring a compatible drive... setting up the multiple partitions... and then copying everything where it needs to go... I don't see a problem. $50 might be a bit much.. not sure.. .factor in the retail cost of a good drive, shipping, fees, ... and then look at the profit there. If the etsy person is making $15 or whatever... that's a great deal less than I make per hour. So... yeah even at that price, It works out as a pretty fair trade.
I understand what you're saying and I agree for the most part. The only thing that bothers me is that people are profiting off a community project that is meant to be distributed for free. It's like trying to sell burned movies/CDs/games for profit.

Sorry, late to the party with CoinOpsX.  Is there a recommendation on the USB thumb drive that I should start with?  I plan to start watching a video soon.  But which one is best?

Comes down to time honestly. I have an 8mnth old crawling around, a FT job, plus social obligations. Finding, downloading, testing, etc. 1500+ roms is not something I wanna do. So if I can pay someone only $50 to do it all for me (less if you include the price of the flash drive) you bet I will.

I haven't done any art mods except adding the acrylic side panels. I linked a pic a few pages back. I think it looks 100x nicer than with the flappy artwork just hanging out. Already had a couple people tell me how nice it looks for an arcade machine.I saw some full body mods HERE, but they are like $300+. Look good tho IMO.

Sorry, late to the party with CoinOpsX. Is there a recommendation on the USB thumb drive that I should start with? I plan to start watching a video soon. But which one is best?
I'd recommend a reputable brand (SanDisk, Samsung, etc.) and I've heard no less than 60gb.

I understand what you're saying and I agree for the most part. The only thing that bothers me is that people are profiting off a community project that is meant to be distributed for free. It's like trying to sell burned movies/CDs/games for profit.
I totally get what you are saying... and the text file that comes bundled with this definitely pushes that sentiment. But I think this is where the slope gets slippery because it says it's ok we collected these pirated games (that they likely had no hand in actually ripping the roms) and compiled them along with some stollen art... and are distributing them through a back door in another system... but it's not ok for you to take our pirated works and package it up for someone at slightly more than the cost of doing so.

It's thieves complaining about how their ill-gotten gains are used after they are given away. And usually with any mod... there's always going to be a group that just don't want to risk doing it themselves versus paying a little extra to have it done for them.

Oddly this whole situation reminds me of 1993's The Death of Superman Graphic Novel. My parents bought a copy and gave it to me (keep in mind I'm not a superman fan and mainly bought marvel comics). That would have been all fine an dandy... a super popular event and they bought into it... but then they said that I could never sell or trade it and I'd have to hold onto it forever because it would be worth something someday. I didn't want the responsibility for something I didn't even ask for in the first place... so I ended up just giving it back to them. Putting conditions on gifts... I'm just not down with that. If you have to put conditions on it... then don't give it away.

I totally get what you are saying... and the text file that comes bundled with this definitely pushes that sentiment. But I think this is where the slope gets slippery because it says it's ok we collected these pirated games (that they likely had no hand in actually ripping the roms) and compiled them along with some stollen art... and are distributing them through a back door in another system... but it's not ok for you to take our pirated works and package it up for someone at slightly more than the cost of doing so.

It's thieves complaining about how their ill-gotten gains are used after they are given away. And usually with any mod... there's always going to be a group that just don't want to risk doing it themselves versus paying a little extra to have it done for them.

Oddly this whole situation reminds me of 1993's The Death of Superman Graphic Novel. My parents bought a copy and gave it to me (keep in mind I'm not a superman fan and mainly bought marvel comics). That would have been all fine an dandy... a super popular event and they bought into it... but then they said that I could never sell or trade it and I'd have to hold onto it forever because it would be worth something someday. I didn't want the responsibility for something I didn't even ask for in the first place... so I ended up just giving it back to them. Putting conditions on gifts... I'm just not down with that. If you have to put conditions on it... then don't give it away.
Ironically, Those first edition Death of Superman graphic novels go on eBay for about $5 - $6.

Ironically, Those first edition Death of Superman graphic novels go on eBay for about $5 - $6.
Yeah, I went by the comic store the day it came out back in college to pick up my roommate's monthly X-Men comic and figured "why not?" and bought one. I knew from the start based on the stacks of them they had and the line it was going to be in no way rare or valuable. By then everyone was keeping their "collectible" comics in poly bags and gingerly treating them when reading. What makes them rare is when they are printed in low numbers and enough time has passed for irate parents that are tired of your damn mess going through your room after you go away for a few days cleaning all your shit out and tossing them. Or like one Action Comics #1 that was found in the insulation of a house a while back, being viewed as no more valuable than the paper it is printed on then forgotten for a few generations.

The part they are paying for is the usb stick (material) and the time and technical knowledge required to set it up (service). That's not provided by the community project.

If you want to pay for someone to help you play the games you don't own versus learn how to download and set up the games you don't own yourself, kind of splitting chivalry hairs here.

Finding, downloading, testing, etc. 1500+ roms is not something I wanna do. So if I can pay someone only $50 to do it all for me (less if you include the price of the flash drive) you bet I will.
Here's the part I that I think people are confused about. That's not the process. You don't need to find/gather/test ROMs because that work has already been done for you. You can download full packs of games from Archive dot org - set up specifically for the AtGames hardware - the exact same packs that most of these people on Etsy are selling. If all you want is arcade titles, download the Arcade pack. The latest version 4.5 has 1653 titles in one ZIP. There's packs for NES, SNES, and tons of other consoles. Dump the contents of whichever ones you want onto a thumb drive and then run the AddOnX Tool and it's ready to go. There's no weird settings or options to worry about. The tool is free on the AtGames website and you just have to tell it where your thumb drive is. It's really that simple.

One catch is that the AddOnX tool only runs on Windows. I believe you can still run the games on regular "non-X" AddOn without using the tool, but it makes loading them on the system a lot slower. The other optional trick is if you think the regular menu on the Legend is too boring, you can set up the CoinOpsX software instead. It looks fancier - gives you preview videos for each game instead of just poster art - but it's technically just a fancy extra optional step and I'm pretty sure buying a thumb drive from Etsy still won't have that system fully set up for you because it needs to be downloaded and activated through your console. They'll just give you instructions on how to do it yourself.

I see both sides of the argument so I'm not going to declare that it's right/wrong for people to sell these drives... they are providing a service and charging a price that the market is willing to pay for it... but yeah, they're also putting in maybe a half hour of actual work and profiting off of the hundreds of hours that others did for free. But more importantly, this is CHEAP Ass Gamer so I want people to not have to pay extra for things they don't have to.

tl;dr - just read the post by kevers7290 right below this one

The part they are paying for is the usb stick (material) and the time and technical knowledge required to set it up (service). That's not provided by the community project.

If you want to pay for someone to help you play the games you don't own versus learn how to download and set up the games you don't own yourself, kind of splitting chivalry hairs here.
Suit yourself. It's only a few minutes of work. Download the zip/torrent, drag the files into a flash drive, run the tool and plug the USB drive into the cabinet. There's YouTube videos and tutorials on Reddit if gets confusing. This is CAG after all--why pay for something that is free with minimal effort?

Suit yourself. It's only a few minutes of work. Download the zip/torrent, drag the files into a flash drive, run the tool and plug the USB drive into the cabinet. There's YouTube videos and tutorials on Reddit if gets confusing. This is CAG after all--why pay for something that is free with minimal effort?
Ha! You said what I was trying to say, but in a much more efficient way... 3 sentences instead of 3 paragraphs.

Ha! You said what I was trying to say, but in a much more efficient way... 3 sentences instead of 3 paragraphs.
I think the youube videos scare people because some of those videos are older and before the current versions of the packs have been together. I was initially worried it would take forever to format things but the work by the community has really made it a download, drag and drop process. The download is the longest part.

I think the youube videos scare people because some of those videos are older and before the current versions of the packs have been together. I was initially worried it would take forever to format things but the work by the community has really made it a download, drag and drop process. The download is the longest part.
That's a good point, and I can understand why people might be intimidated. I think (as avatar94 mentioned) there is a misconception that people need to add the games one by one or something but all the legwork has been done for you already. The Sauce community has curated a ready to use front-end specifically for the ALU cabinet, it's just a matter of downloading the package and putting it on a USB drive. If you know how to partition a drive (and you should) you can do this. If you don't, it's a good opportunity to learn. Win/win!

Which video do you recommend?

I see both sides of the AtGames usb stick argument. I really like the argument that it doesn’t matter if you do it yourself or buy a stick, either way you’re technically still doing something illegal. But of course everyone owns the actual arcades, right? 😂

Personally I’d download and install myself. It was super simple. However, I know 2 people that awesome bought the gamer pro on sale and both bought usb sticks and I 100% understand why and don’t blame them:

-they had to buy a new usb stick anyway
-not everyone has super fast internet
-not everyone has the time
-not everyone is good at computers

I had to walk another person through the process as they messed up twice on their own. And that person had decent internet and a crappy pc- so it took them awhile to download and took an hour plus to copy over to usb.

The video by "Patton Plays" on YouTube is the one I followed, and I believe it's the one recommended by the FansOfSauce Reddit. Just search for "Coinopsx Legends Ultimate" and it should appear as one of the first results.

I see both sides of the AtGames usb stick argument. I really like the argument that it doesn’t matter if you do it yourself or buy a stick, either way you’re technically still doing something illegal. But of course everyone owns the actual arcades, right?

Personally I’d download and install myself. It was super simple. However, I know 2 people that awesome bought the gamer pro on sale and both bought usb sticks and I 100% understand why and don’t blame them:

-they had to buy a new usb stick anyway
-not everyone has super fast internet
-not everyone has the time
-not everyone is good at computers

I had to walk another person through the process as they messed up twice on their own. And that person had decent internet and a crappy pc- so it took them awhile to download and took an hour plus to copy over to usb.
You also make some very good points. I retract what I said earlier--no disrespect if you want to go the Etsy route, I suppose piracy is piracy. I still stand by what I said about it being a good opportunity to learn some basic PC skills though. For those that have never formatted or partitioned a USB drive or used a torrent program (which isn't actually required but makes things easier IMO) it's an easy tutorial.

Well, just to throw my own reasons into this, I only have Macs in my house.  The only Windows machine I do have is for work and they filter out anything game related.  And I can't download unauthorized tools to the machine.  So for me, it was just far easier to buy something preconfigured rather than go through the process of trying to make it all work on a Mac.  I am still interested in learning more though as it is probably time for me to build a gaming PC of sorts as I would like to start investigating building my own MAME and VPIN cabinets.  I have  Legends Gamer Pro and really enjoy it for what it is, but at the same time I think building my own cabinet that can play many more advanced games will be a fun project.  All in due time.

If you want to use CoinOpsX, search for "coinopsx setup" on YouTube and watch the Tech Buzz or Patton Plays videos. They show you how to partition your drive so that you don't need a second one to run the CoinOpsX software from. This method is a bit more advanced so if you'd rather do the simpler version that doesn't require partitioning but uses 2 USB sticks (and a hub if you're on the Gamer Pro) watch the PDubs video. Or if you want the super simple version, forget CoinOpsX and just use AddOnX.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I didn't expect it was going to be valuable when it was the highest print graphic novel at the time and went on to be the most sold graphic novel ever (like over 8M copies sold). I bet my parents are still holding onto it. But hey that was a good life lesson for giving gifts. If you have to put conditions on the gift, don't give it away. Like when I got rid of most of my vhs movies/shows ... I have a brother that was still big into retro vhs stuff... so I just gave him everything. IF he wanted to trash it, sell it, keep it, record over stuff... whatever... more power to him. Everything I really loved, I replaced on DVD. A few things that weren't on DVD I kept and then there were a couple I kept just because I loved the cover art. The kids movies/shows he wasn't into, I donated to a thrift store.

The video by "Patton Plays" on YouTube is the one I followed, and I believe it's the one recommended by the FansOfSauce Reddit. Just search for "Coinopsx Legends Ultimate" and it should appear as one of the first results.

You also make some very good points. I retract what I said earlier--no disrespect if you want to go the Etsy route, I suppose piracy is piracy. I still stand by what I said about it being a good opportunity to learn some basic PC skills though. For those that have never formatted or partitioned a USB drive or used a torrent program (which isn't actually required but makes things easier IMO) it's an easy tutorial.
My first raspberry pi cabinet build started from an image I downloaded- with zero intent on keeping the games on that image. I used that as a way to learn how to work with certain front ends on the pi. Raspberry pi- that thing is not easy to work with for a lot of people!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I didn't expect it was going to be valuable when it was the highest print graphic novel at the time and went on to be the most sold graphic novel ever (like over 8M copies sold). I bet my parents are still holding onto it.
The story of the 90's comic speculation bubble is actually fascinating. There were a number of news stories at the time about very old comics being found, and then being sold for incredible prices, because they were so rare. The comic book industry had been dealing with a bit of a downturn in readership, partially due to the boom in children-focused entertainment television in the 80s. In a bid to reverse this trend, they actively started to restructure their entire business to appeal to older demographics, and specifically cater to the speculation market. This lead to 90's-style comics, which almost managed to crash the entire industry. And the speculation bubble popped once collectors realized that the shift the industry had undergone basically guaranteed that none of the new comics would ever appreciate in value the way the old ones had.

Use the male to male usb A cable to charge it. You can use the wall wart it came with it any USB port that is free in your set up.
Thanks, I worked to 14 hour shifts with 3 hours of sleep in between. I'm blaming that on being overly focused on the DC in. This thing is pretty cool so far..

Has anyone played pinball on their atgames legends? I really want to connect my PC and play but I couldn’t get the side buttons to work

Anyone in the DMV area want my Gamer Pro + Samsung USB 128gb w/Coinopsx on it for $130?  That's basically what I paid for it after taxes rounded up a couple bucks.  I received it last Friday and played it 3x so it's virtually brand new.

If I don't get rid of it by this weekend it's going back to Walmart on Saturday.

bread's done
Back