The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Search your local area, or any ZIP, for in store deals with deals.consolekits.com (Site no longer exists)

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store $150 at Walmart online

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Mortal Kombat I,II & III - as low as $150 in store $199 at Walmart online

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Space Invaders - as low as $75 in store $150 at Walmart online

Street Fighter ll - as low as $75 in store $199 at Walmart online

Golden Tee - $299 at Walmart

Marvel Superheroes - $299 at Walmart

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Machine w/ Riser - $349 at Walmart

Star Wars w/riser - $399 at Walmart

Pac-Man Head to Head Arcade Table with Two Pac-Man Gaming Stools (No Galaga or DigDug)- $450 at Sam's

Street Fighter Head to Head Arcade Table - $430 at Walmart

Legends Ultimate Home Arcade Special Edition - $500 at Sam's

Arcade1up Riser - $44.88 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, you start off saying it screamed scam, yet you still purchased it lol.

I hope you get your funds back though.
Hah I just mean the deals yeah screamed scam but again the fact that CAG posted it I have seen other things that are so ridiculous one would think they are scams but they aren't and CAG posts it.

But yeah it has been a pain because of course that was the card I use for most everything... so I had to go ahead and cancel it and have a new one on the way and will need to reroute all the auto payments and preorders and stuff tied to the old one. My price I have to pay for falling for it haha

I saw those ads all over Facebook. Reported them every time and left comments trying to warn people.
And yet the ads are still coming up as of this morning. Facebook is ridiculous, you can report obvious scams and unless it triggers some egregious flag of theirs they will leave it up and keep collecting their ad revenue. Facebook still refuses to do anything about the profiles with no posts from various other countries that keep replying to my elderly father in law that say "I saw your post and really want you to send me a friend request". I'm just glad my mother really doesn't like Facebook at all, it's a scammer paradise.

Just came across the fake arcade1up site from a friend, that is a legit convincing website. Glad I always check CAG for stuff like this.

Cant believe it's coming from facebook

Just came across the fake arcade1up site from a friend, that is a legit convincing website. Glad I always check CAG for stuff like this.

Cant believe it's coming from facebook
205660c9737eca4b2319938d17dee3c0577c5ca0cb944bdd8a41bb245cb9c963.jpg

I had just clicked on that too and then when I saw the impossibly low prices, I looked at the URL. There have always been scam ads on Facebook.

Hasn't it always been arcade1up.com? That's what my order receipt from 2020 says.
No, he meant the new scam site, they got a new URL probably to keep the scam running as long as they can. It is some variation on that, not going to link it because scam, you know.

Facebook's auto response was pretty much "Thanks, we'll look into it but it stay for now. Block it if you don't like it.". A lot of good that does, I know it's a scam site. They pretty much don't care as long as the advertisers pays their bill (which is taken up front, of course). I've seen a lot of scams on there lately, like T-shirt places (someone I know that ordered one had to get PayPal to reverse the charge before they even responded) and those "4000 in one" mini consoles which are nothing more than a Raspberry Pi3 in a junk 3D printed case with an image ripped from Arcade Punks with a ton of clones to bump up the count and a crappy controller. Oh and the usual "Can you beat this game" puzzle game where the video shows them making obvious mistakes to encourage people to download it and the game is nothing like what they are showing and just some cheap crappy clone game.

If you haven't played virtual pinball before, I highly recommend you try one out before you go spending a good chunk of change on one.
At the very least hook your pc (or switch) up to a very large monitor or like 32" tv and set that flat on a table, change monitor orientation in game to portait, and simulate the experience at home with things you already have. Even using a controller it should give a good idea if you want to stand or sit at a machine. On the switch, Zaccaria Pinball, The Pinball Arcade, Stern Pinball Arcade, and Pinball FX3 (and other games) have tate mode as well as some have multiple options for camera angle (and I believe they all work docked as well as in handheld mode). I think all(?) of these have a free download with at least one table free so no money to invest.

I think my love affair with pinball has faded over the past few years. I was pretty big into the console and handheld releases of both sim and videogame pinball. But the last so many years I've had no desire to really play much of it after testing various games. I still bought the Star Wars Pinball collection on switch when it went to like $10 or $15... just in case I get the itch (plus it has tate mode as well).

Sam’s Club still has the AtGames Legends Pinball on display to try, at least at the locations near me.

What's a good 4-player equivalent of atgames legends ultimate? I just want to buy one machine for my home.

Alu is eventually getting a 4 player deck. And until then you can use controllers with it for players 3 and 4. Maybe it’s just because I got into arcades during the pandemic but I can’t imagine convincing 3 other people to come play a game together crowded around one cab.

Alu is eventually getting a 4 player deck. And until then you can use controllers with it for players 3 and 4. Maybe it’s just because I got into arcades during the pandemic but I can’t imagine convincing 3 other people to come play a game together crowded around one cab.
Pandemic or not, I would never want to play 4 players on an Arcade1up or on the AtGames. It’s just too tight. 2 player max, plus a trackball.

I have an @Games and I would second this. However, if you want to go that route, they have a 4-player panel for preorder. It'll run you an additional $300 (plus their crazy shipping) and shipping is TBD.

https://www.atgames.us/collections/accessories/products/4p-controller-reservation
I know all about it. It’s still too small and too right for 4 people.

Also- general AtGames rule. Never buy any of their add ons/accessories unless it’s one of their Owner’s Day sales. Prices usually get close to half off if you can wait.

I’ve got the bitpixel HV coming eventually. $125 I think it was. Never pay their retail price!

What's a good 4-player equivalent of atgames legends ultimate? I just want to buy one machine for my home.
I have an AtGames arcade and their gamer pro. Can play four players all on the ALU screen or I have it setup so the ALU signal is split to the ALU and an adjacent wall mounted monitor connected to the gamer pro. Two people can play the simpsons or other 4 player game on the two screens.

I have an AtGames arcade and their gamer pro. Can play four players all on the ALU screen or I have it setup so the ALU signal is split to the ALU and an adjacent wall mounted monitor connected to the gamer pro. Two people can play the simpsons or other 4 player game on the two screens.
Can you elaborate on how you have this set up? I have both an ALU and gamer pro and would love to have a similar configuration with both options you mentioned.

I frequently play A1U NBA Jam with my two kids. It works because they're small. It would be tough if they were adults or another player joined. We could squeeze in a third kid if we had too.

Can you elaborate on how you have this set up? I have both an ALU and gamer pro and would love to have a similar configuration with both options you mentioned.
Not much to it. You just connect the USB of the gamer pro to the usb of the ALU. If you want to split the screen to another monitor get into the back of the ALU and use an hdmi splitter

I do have the ALU 1.0. Don’t know if this makes any difference.

Not much to it. You just connect the USB of the gamer pro to the usb of the ALU. If you want to split the screen to another monitor get into the back of the ALU and use an hdmi splitter

I do have the ALU 1.0. Don’t know if this makes any difference.
Yes that makes a difference. On the 1.1 you don't have access to the HDMI cable.

I'm gonna need you to come down a bit more than that, Walmart. Yeaaaaaah.
Yup, don't bite. More room to go for sure. Pretty soon they'll be down to the original price of $299. The new $700 price point was probably just to buffer against the $50 clearance prices the first couple waves hit.

AtGames mini and the gamer pro on sale at GameStop today. Dirt cheap. $50 and $99. Both of those are no brainers at those prices!

What was so bad about it? Seems like it'd be a little fun to play.
He made a few posts complaining about problems only he seems to have.

I got the full AtGames Legends Ultimate delivered by some guy on Facebook for $250. I really like it and honestly for me CoinOps blew away the experience I had toying around with a Raspberry Pi, but a lot of this is configuration I'm sure. The build quality was also far superior to my Arcade1Ups.

If you want ease of use and a reasonable facsimile of an arcade experience, the AtGames Legends line is pretty well done, which is surprising because my experience with some of their other products has been far less enjoyable.

He made a few posts complaining about problems only he seems to have.

I got the full AtGames Legends Ultimate delivered by some guy on Facebook for $250. I really like it and honestly for me CoinOps blew away the experience I had toying around with a Raspberry Pi, but a lot of this is configuration I'm sure. The build quality was also far superior to my Arcade1Ups.

If you want ease of use and a reasonable facsimile of an arcade experience, the AtGames Legends line is pretty well done, which is surprising because my experience with some of their other products has been far less enjoyable.
Thanks. Now I'm trying to decide mini or pro. Probably won't play it a ton, but seems for 50 more I should get pro for the pinball buttons and trackball if I'm already going to blow 50 on a mini.

Thanks. Now I'm trying to decide mini or pro. Probably won't play it a ton, but seems for 50 more I should get pro for the pinball buttons and trackball if I'm already going to blow 50 on a mini.
The trackball does add a nice touch to it, but it does need some modifications to work as well as you hope it would.

I have had the pro now for a few months and enjoy it whenever I get the chance to use it. It's not arcade perfect, but definitely fun enough for the price.

Gamer Pro was a waste of money at $99 when I got it from Walmart a while back. I returned that junk.
My buyers remorse was a combo of realizing it was going to just go in the closet and rarely get used and the thing was just massive. The dual arcade controller I built that also housed a retro pi was significantly smaller and I used full sized arcade buttons/sticks. Mine went back to walmart as well.

I bought the mini when it was 80 something at Walmart now I wish I would’ve waited for the pro. I wanted the pinball buttons but they are almost 50 bucks by themselves so go pro.

What was so bad about it? Seems like it'd be a little fun to play.
It's laggy as shit. The graphics are complete garbage and muddled. There are sound issues galore.

Just play MK2 on it and you will see all of the above. You would do moves and sound effects just wouldn't come out. Or they would come out late. The control is laggy as hell and the graphics look muddled and just bad. Part of that is also because the game is meant to be on a CRT though so that is just an artifact of running old games on newer HDTVs.

But it was more than that because it looks way worse than when I play MK2 on Retro Pie on a 10 foot projector screen, where the sound works perfectly fine and there is no input lag.

bread's done
Back