The Howard Stern Thread

I was in tears at my desk an hour ago listening to that newest Tradio call with the Peanut Pump, Mike Morales Knob Polisher, and Tess Tical birthday shout out.

There are some of them that I believe are fake .. like the call where Richard has his voice triple layered. I find it hard to believe he would've had the foresight to triple record some of the responses he had. And that one where they have the voice of Tracy Morgan call that woman and she randomly starts choking and gagging and it just so happens the drop is "God damn I love a woman that gags .. hooweh!". But having said that, I don't think those Tradio calls are fake.

I believe Howie is taking the first of 16 weeks vacation this week.

I just finally listened to his rant about Oprah. Pot calling the kettle black. Everything he said about Oprah from stealing money from Sirius to not promoting Sirius was true about him as well.

I'm on the Feb 2nd show and I think the show is as good as ever. I'm not sure if it is that Fred and Robin have stepped up a little bit to fill Artie's spot or the fact that Howard has been fired up about a lot of stuff going on, but I have been enjoying the show more since the new year than I have in quite a while.

And wildpac, what do you mean when you say it is the pot calling the kettle black? Every time Howard is on Letterman, etc. he talks about Sirius radio and Oprah has a daily show and never mentions it? Sirius agreed to the 16 weeks of vacation, so is Howard a slacker for taking it? If your boss gave you tons of vacation would you not take it, too?

Sirius promotion/advertising isn't Howard's job, there are entire departments at Sirius that should be worrying about that, not just one guy. I pay my $12.95/month for online access JUST for Howard(and I torrent the show for my ipod) and I think his listeners easily pay for whatever it costs to pay Howard and company.

1. When was the last time Stern promoted Sirius outside of Sirious? Early 2006?

2. Stern gets 100 million a year and has the nerve to complain about how tired he is, how he cant wait for his contract to be over etc etc etc etc. He mailed it in once he got the Sirius stock bonus and cashed out. Guy has been on cruise control since. The Passion died once the trophy wife, 2 story apartment and huge Long Island Mansion with 20 chimneys were paid off.

Artie is great and all, but honestly, show is better off without him... Since he basically says the same things in a cycle, he'd be better off as a week-long addition to the show from time-to-time like George.

That Dina call was the Greatest. Poor emperor howie being told about his robes. Howard Stern Show has turned into Jay Leno/American Idol 24/7 talk.

I love the show and 99% of the time I disagree with wildcpac about it but I got agree here. For the past month worth of shows Howard has started every episode talking about American Idol. I'm 73 minutes into the 2/22 show and he's talked about nothing but American Idol. Nobody in the country believes he's a contender but himself. And the funny thing is he's yelling at all these news outlets that say he's "campaigning to be a judge" and then he says he isn't and then goes on to list all the reasons why all the other people being considered are bad and why he's the best choice. That kinda sounds like campaigning to me. Regardless however, the thought of being an American Idol judge certainly is consuming his thoughts.

Also, I don't know why he's pretending to not know where these reports are coming from .. he himself was the one that started the rumor, the NY Post puts in a column what he was saying on the show, lazy gossip columns and internet websites just copy the story and voila. Also, he himself stated just a few episodes ago that he was in a meeting with the owners of the company that run American Idol.

Just wait til you start the 2/23 show. He starts off with more Idol/Leno BS and a caller named Dina calls in and complains about it.

So how was the American Idol talk today? Did Howard keep it to a minimum?

EDIT: Ha this Tracy "Happy Hour" show sounds great. I'm gonna have to tune in the next time its on.

Just wondering, who books the guests? Howard or Gary because the guests on the show have got to be some of the worst F Level Celebs out there.

Past week has seen a has been from the B 52s.
Two ugly half naked lesbians telling bad jokes.
Some has been from the 60's named Tommy James.

Joan Rivers was on last week and feels like she is on every other month.
Jesse Ventura is on Tuesday and he is on every month.

Would it hurt Gary to pick up the phone and get some B Level celebs at the very least? I still laugh at the fact that George Carlin wanted to come in on the show a month or two before he died but Gary denied him. I guess Joan Rivers had to make her monthly appearance that day.

[quote name='Maklershed']G-damn .. Jesse Ventura is in again today? What the fuck is going on?[/QUOTE]

Gary has the same 10 guests and rotates them each month. Ventura isn't bad so far. It is usually an interesting interview. It's when Gary has Joan Rivers, Lisa ann Lampenilli in each month than I have problems.

I like how Howard will use the excuse for not having people on as "they dont have anything to talk about".. Yet you pretty much hear the same horseshit from Joan every f'n time she's on.

You cant tell me that George Carlin didnt have ANYTHING to talk about when he was going to get on.

To each their own but I don't get how people think Lisa Lampanelli is funny. She has the same wit and cleverness as Hate Man. I will say she's good in roasts though .. but thats only because she has the balls of iron to go places most people wouldn't even dream about even when talking to their worst enemies.

i usually skip the interviews unless its someone i like or is a good interview and i liked tommy james, it helps that even as a 23 yr old i love his music

Tiger Woods beauty pageant was 1000 times better than I thought it would be.

Would have been even better if they had Cori Rist and Rachel Ulchitel.

Whats with Howard bitching about his content on Youtube? Sure..I get that he wants people to buy Howard Tv or subscribe to Sirius but if you looked at all the content he's taken from other sites etc over the years to make his show that much better..he's just as guilty if not worse than what he's bitching about.

^ he's pissed because he wants people to pay for Howard TV.. can't say I blame him, but hearing rich people complain about not getting money is sickening.

He should shut up about it and sue "Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader" already... clearly his idea, without question.

[quote name='Will']Whats with Howard bitching about his content on Youtube? Sure..I get that he wants people to buy Howard Tv or subscribe to Sirius but if you looked at all the content he's taken from other sites etc over the years to make his show that much better..he's just as guilty if not worse than what he's bitching about.[/QUOTE]

Now he is worse because he bitches about it. Guy plays copyrighted items all of the time without permission.

The best is when he complains about sugar water "coke". About how unhealthy it is bla bla bla bla. Then he pitches Becks Beer, Klondike Bars, AshleyMadison.com to cheat on your wife, extends to improve your penis length and a bunch of other crappy sponsors. Howard wished he had a legit sponsor like Coke.

It's a two-week vacation? fine by me, I can catch up on music. etc.

Man, I actually felt really bad for Jamie Jungers and really think a girl that hot would actually appreciate a good guy. She's sweet and I don't know if I should feel this way for someone who slept with a guy she knew was married.

[quote name='Maklershed']To each their own but I don't get how people think Lisa Lampanelli is funny. She has the same wit and cleverness as Hate Man. I will say she's good in roasts though .. but thats only because she has the balls of iron to go places most people wouldn't even dream about even when talking to their worst enemies.[/QUOTE]

Shes not funny. Shes not fun. Almost as bad as Joan Rivers.

[quote name='yankeessuck']Shes not funny. Shes not fun. Almost as bad as Joan Rivers.[/QUOTE]

She is funny the first 2-5 minutes tops. After that you realize it's the same joke over and over and over and over and over again.

I tried the Pro Flowers once when they were being promoted on the show once...completely fucked up my order and it didnt get to where it was suppose to by the time I said it needed to be there...What did they offer as compensation? Free s/h on my next order.....I told em to get rid of all my info because if they couldnt get it there on time, wtf made them think I was gonna order again.

^Agreed. Proflowers is awful.

I paid for a teddy bear with the flowers once and my girl didn't get it, I was just too lazy to call for a refund on it.

So JD is out on a date with a Hooker and she spends the whole time posting on Twitter. Moron should just ditch her at the restaurant, fly to Brazil and go crazy with 5 hookers a day for the next 2 weeks and have money left over from the 5k.

Nothing is official but yeah he's probably done for the remainder of the year. If Howard renews after 1/1/11 he might come back after that but its hard to say given Artie's circumstances.

I am pretty sure fArtie was fired this past December. No chance in hell do they trust bringing him back with his million plus salary.

[quote name='hufferstl']By "pretty sure" I think you mean "totally guessing", right?[/QUOTE]

Well there is pretty much a No Artie talk rule. A caller called in weeks ago ago to ask about Artie and got bashed by Stern. Stern pretty much admitted that him and Artie aren't friends, do not speak and Artie still might have problems today. Sirius gives Howard 100 million or so for the show and he gets to keep the rest. Why would Howard want to take money out of his pocket for someone who constantly fell asleep on the job, called in sick and cannot perform? That extra couple of million could go straight to Howards wallet, bank, NSAL and Yoko's new outfit, shoes and purse for the red carpet each evening.

You think Howard likes blowing money on someone who cannot perform? Is that why Howard 100 and 101 still aren't on the Iphone Sirius APP? Is that why Howard cries about youtube? Stern is all about money.

I have to agree with wild, I, too, feel Artie had been let go, hell, it might even have triggered his suicide attempt.

Howard never says, Artie will be back when it's time, or anything. And Artie has new stand-up gigs booked with tickets at half the price they used to cost.

I don't think it's going out on a limb that Artie is finished there. His family won't even respond to George Takai's numerous emails.

bread's done
Back