The Howard Stern Thread

[quote name='johnmirra']Am I the only one who fucking hates Lisa G?[/QUOTE]
No omfg i cant fucking stand her howard needs to get rid of her to me it
seems like shes always trying to make the show about her. who gives a shit about lisa G that stupid fucking yenta

I heard the eric the midget phone call the other day and he did sound terrible. That being said I cant say I miss his calls at all. Also in my opinion last weeks shows kind of sucked, too many bullshit interviews and contests, its like Howard needed to fill a quick week up because he knew another vacation was on its way.

ya it was bad, i really am digging the replays this week though, i like hearing when they went to vegas and other places on the west coast.

I like the vegas stuff but I can't believe they are on vacation again.

This was all stuff that was free on FM. Now we are paying for it? stupid.

I hate sirius. Almost every great story someone tells on the show goes perfectly right before the end and then "Acquiring Signal". Then it comes back in and I hear everyone laughing and saying "that was a great story!"

fucking bullshit.

I stopped listening to stern a couple of months back because it was basically the same thing over and over again. I'm thinking of listening again but doesn't sound like much has changed.

I had Sirius before Stern, so I never have to justify paying for him... although, if I buy a new car in the next 3 years, and he is doing like, 2 days a week or something, I'll make sure my car has an iPod dock and I'll ditch Sirius. It used to be great for discovering new music, and now it's not like that anymore.

Destro - yeah that's what I miss about Sirius. That's how I found out about The Itals, Kings of Leon, Kaiser Chiefs, The Shins, Slightly Stoopid, etc. Now I don't know of any new bands. :(

Howard just doesn't want to be doing the show and it comes across on the show. He hurries Robin through the news and we'll never have classic bits with Gilbert b/c he will never get a chance to go off-script. Plus why aren't they having BigFoot, BeetleJuice, Gary the Retard, etc? They are constant gold and they aren't on anymore

[quote name='Maklershed']Destro - yeah that's what I miss about Sirius. That's how I found out about The Itals, Kings of Leon, Kaiser Chiefs, The Shins, Slightly Stoopid, etc. Now I don't know of any new bands. :([/QUOTE]

It not only opened up new bands for me, and great songs, Kings of Leon back when "Molly's Chambers" was out, Eisley's "Marvelous Things," a band that ended up going no where for now... but it also exposed me to a genre I now consider my favorite, the whole Massive Attack - Sneaker Pimps "chill" music.

Even Sirius Chill 35 is totally fucked up since the merger. It's now elevator music.

[quote name='tbassett']Howard just doesn't want to be doing the show and it comes across on the show. He hurries Robin through the news and we'll never have classic bits with Gilbert b/c he will never get a chance to go off-script. Plus why aren't they having BigFoot, BeetleJuice, Gary the Retard, etc? They are constant gold and they aren't on anymore[/QUOTE]

because it costs money to get them there.

[quote name='DestroVega']It not only opened up new bands for me, and great songs, Kings of Leon back when "Molly's Chambers" was out, Eisley's "Marvelous Things," a band that ended up going no where for now... but it also exposed me to a genre I now consider my favorite, the whole Massive Attack - Sneaker Pimps "chill" music.

Even Sirius Chill 35 is totally fucked up since the merger. It's now elevator music.

because it costs money to get them there.[/QUOTE]

And it comes out of Howards pocket since the show budget is part of the 500 mill deal.

I won a charity auction that gets me 1 hour in the studio during the Stern Show!
Go me!

header-auction.jpg

I saw this on twitter and thought it was a joke from that boner CheapyD person. Congrats, let us know the day you'll be on so we can tune in! Btw how do I tune in? I don't own any Satellite radio equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DestroVega']I had Sirius before Stern, so I never have to justify paying for him... although, if I buy a new car in the next 3 years, and he is doing like, 2 days a week or something, I'll make sure my car has an iPod dock and I'll ditch Sirius. It used to be great for discovering new music, and now it's not like that anymore.[/QUOTE]

I use Pandora Radio to discover music. That seems the best way.

Dude, that's awesome! I hope you get a chance to mix it up w/ Howard. He'd be impressed w/ a successful entrepreneur like yourself. If he mentions cheapassgamer.com, you could be meeting your idol and doing some serious marketing at the same time! Qdos to you, my friend.

That's awesome Cheapy!

Any idea who you are going to bring as your guest? Mrs. Cheapy or Wombat? If neither of them want to go you could have a CAGCast contest to find your guest. Or if all else fails you could just take me ;)

Cheapy, I can't help but think you shot yourself in the foot by bringing Wombat. The lovely Mrs. Cheapy would have surely caught Howard's attention and perhaps led to some airtime. The only attention Wombat will draw is the fact that he is 300 lbs and dumpy. Can't wait to hear it anyway!

One hour?! You pay $10,000 and you only get to sit in for one hour?? That sucks. Do you get to choose which hour, or does if have to be the news? I hate robin's news and always turn off the show when it comes on.

[quote name='bobthecat23']Cheapy tell him to get rod of that leech Lisa G.[/QUOTE]

What?? I dunno why, but I sort of think she's hot.

Now who should he ditch? Bubba the Love Sponge.. and replace his show with the Jason Ellis Show. Of course keep Ferrall though, especially with college football season right around the corner :)

I bet Cheapy is brought up on the air, being the leader of a "Jewie" video game site.

Hey Cheapy, I heard you on the replay today. I don't follow this thread, so I had no idea you were going to be on, but when I heard you describing what you do before Howard had you drop a plug for the site, I clapped my hands at my desk (thankfully I have an office with a door, so no one heard me) as I knew it could only be the founder of this website talking.

That's awesome that you got on! Did you get to meet everyone after the show or was it a quick trip in and out of the studio? Who was that with you? He certainly got Artie's and Howard's attention during the news.

No sybian rides or wack-packers today, but any day on the Stern show, I would have to imagine, would be an excellent day. Hopefully the site got some traffic with your plug.

Again, congrats!

Well, there definitely isn't a show on Labor Day... I don't think they are off this week... it's only 3 days though anyway.

[SIZE=-1]Also from marksfriggin:

Auction Winners David And Stewart Sit In. 08/31/09. 9:45am

I wonder if Cheapy got a glimpse at Lisa G's rack and if he thinks they look like they could be D's.
[/SIZE]

Unrelated: Does anyone else find it odd that Howard, a guy who yells at people for taking medication for back pain because its all in their head, thinks he's having breathing problems because he was exposed to a few seconds of polyurethane. (a substance which my friends are exposed to all the time .. one's a shop teacher and one works in a manufacturing plant)

[quote name='Maklershed']Unrelated: Does anyone else find it odd that Howard, a guy who yells at people for taking medication for back pain because its all in their head, thinks he's having breathing problems because he was exposed to a few seconds of polyurethane. (a substance which my friends are exposed to all the time .. one's a shop teacher and one works in a manufacturing plant)[/QUOTE]

He totally knows and admits its all in his head, he just can't make it leave his head until he talks to his therapist (whos on vacation)

[quote name='DestroVega']Well, there definitely isn't a show on Labor Day... I don't think they are off this week... it's only 3 days though anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is what made me think they would take the week off. Instead of coming in just tue, wed, and thur.

Not sure which would make me angrier. Taking the whole week or tking monday and then friday off together in the same week.

I think the only other week they don't take off when a Monday is a holiday is for Martin Luther King Day.

@HowStern - Countdown to Liquor Day this month :whee:

[quote name='Maklershed']I think the only other week they don't take off when a Monday is a holiday is for Martin Luther King Day.

@HowStern - Countdown to Liquor Day this month :whee:[/QUOTE]

haha i know!! I can't friggen wait. I hope it comes to theaters here!? If I was a bit higher north, like maine, I would totally drive into canada to see it. trailer looks awesome. trinity looks friggen hot in it haha.

I've been trying to find a good price o the complete series box and using beatmyprice.com i found this
http://www.blowitoutahere.com/product.aspx?refid=gbase&id=14554599
but I've never heard of the site before so I'm just sort of waiting for it to drop on amazon or something.

bread's done
Back