the I WON A 360 thread

today was the first day that i was able to see the status of my order on the site. Im not talking about the account history page, but the black track your order page. I placed my order on 9/4 and they just recieved it today. Hopefully it'll be approved and shipped soon.

I had a bunch of extra codes(around 450-475), and I gave them all to my friend and he thinks he won one of the early A.M. drawings on Wenesday(winner is from his city but it is a bigger city so it might not be him), but he has not recieved any confirmation as of yet and it has been well over 72 hours. When I won I got my e-mail in 2 days and when my brother-in-law won he got his in less then 3. My friend did call the phone# to check to see but the person on the other end from Mountain Dew was no help at all.

Do they send out the e-mails over the weekends, or is it only during the work-week(so i.e. if he won on Wenesday he would have to wait till at least Monday to get his e-mail since Saturday is on the weekend)?

[quote name='ajh2298']I had a bunch of extra codes(around 450-475), and I gave them all to my friend and he thinks he won one of the early A.M. drawings on Wenesday(winner is from his city but it is a bigger city so it might not be him), but he has not recieved any confirmation as of yet and it has been well over 72 hours. When I won I got my e-mail in 2 days and when my brother-in-law won he got his in less then 3. My friend did call the phone# to check to see but the person on the other end from Mountain Dew was no help at all.

Do they send out the e-mails over the weekends, or is it only during the work-week(so i.e. if he won on Wenesday he would have to wait till at least Monday to get his e-mail since Saturday is on the weekend)?[/QUOTE]

Bump, can I get some CAG's thoughts on this?

[quote name='ajh2298']Bump, can I get some CAG's thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

they do send emails on weekends (i got mine on saturday if i remember correctly), but the waiting time is different for everyone. I waited about 80 hours i think and others have waited up to a whole week. If your friend wants he can call again and maybe he will talk to someone nicer who might confirm whether or not he won.

The site is running slow as hell. Took me about 15 minutes just to enter the 3 caps that I had. The site kept timing out. I ain't gonna win, but I'd rather enter them than just throw them away.

My friend from work got the e-mail today that he won, its so cool that the 600 codes I collected turned into 3 free XBOX360's(one for me, one for friend, and one for brother-in-law).

[quote name='neudog']ajh2298 how are you getting 3 systems? I thought the rules was one per account per household.[/QUOTE]

one for me, one for friend, and one for brother-in-law

We all had different accounts

[quote name='neudog']How many CAG's won an XBOX 360? Include me if you're planning on searching the forum for a total.[/QUOTE]

Someone had a list after like the first 3 or four weeks and it was a decent amount of people. I don't know how many of the suspected winners were later cofirmed to be actual winners.

I was the first on this site to win, or at least the first who posted it publicly. :cool::roll: I'm still patiently waiting the first of my stuff to arrive. I am starting to get excited about the system as launch draws near. :D 13 days till games and 17 days till we get our systems.

Yeah, there's a post in this thread somewhere where I had counted up everyone up to that post. It was somewhere around 25 winners at that time. I'm guessing we ended up somewhere around 30-35.

It's awesome that so many of us won. I have now been waiting impatiently ,since I won on 9/13/05, for the release day to come.

I was shocked to hear that we get our systems 3 days before everyone else. I think I am getting need for speed with mine. Also are we receiving the Har Drive model? After reading the prize total, $580, I figured that we would get the higher end model.

XBOX360 - $399
GAME (MADDE/NFS) - $60
PARTY PACKAGE - $30-45
SHIPPING/HANDLING - $25
-----------
$530 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW DOLLARS

[quote name='neudog']I was shocked to hear that we get our systems 3 days before everyone else. I think I am getting need for speed with mine. Also are we receiving the Har Drive model? After reading the prize total, $580, I figured that we would get the higher end model.

XBOX360 - $399
GAME (MADDE/NFS) - $60
PARTY PACKAGE - $30-45
SHIPPING/HANDLING - $25
-----------
$530 GIVE OR TAKE A FEW DOLLARS[/QUOTE]

yeah, we are get the premium package, which is pretty nice of them considering they could have gave us the core and still generated the same amount of hype.

[quote name='$hady']Someone had a list after like the first 3 or four weeks and it was a decent amount of people. I don't know how many of the suspected winners were later cofirmed to be actual winners.

I was the first on this site to win, or at least the first who posted it publicly. :cool::roll: I'm still patiently waiting the first of my stuff to arrive. I am starting to get excited about the system as launch draws near. :D 13 days till games and 17 days till we get our systems.[/QUOTE]

Wait...the games come out before ths system? So we can go buy the games and have a few to play when we get our systems on the 19th? What about controllers?

Has anyone whose won during the last days of the sweeps (10/30 or 10/31) received a confirmation yet? I thought I had won on the 31st but the guy on the phone today said they are all caught up on confirmations and that I probably didn't. He said I should have heard already. Just wondering if anyone else out there is waiting......
I'm hoping I just got a dumb person...cause I really want one...like everyone else I suppose.

[Wait...the games come out before ths system? So we can go buy the games and have a few to play when we get our systems on the 19th? What about controllers?]

Brad906....there are games out there already so yes, you can buy them.
I played a demo one today and it was awesome.

[quote name='toona']Has anyone whose won during the last days of the sweeps (10/30 or 10/31) received a confirmation yet? I thought I had won on the 31st but the guy on the phone today said they are all caught up on confirmations and that I probably didn't. He said I should have heard already. Just wondering if anyone else out there is waiting......
I'm hoping I just got a dumb person...cause I really want one...like everyone else I suppose.[/QUOTE]

My buddy won on the 10/26 and did not find out untill 11/1 so it 6 days for him, if that is any help to you.

Thanks ajh2298, it does make me feel a little better. The guy on the phone today sounded pretty sure though. Still, I'm going to keep checking.
It's a pretty small town so I thought the chance it was me was pretty good.

Thanks for the note.

[quote name='toona'][Wait...the games come out before ths system? So we can go buy the games and have a few to play when we get our systems on the 19th? What about controllers?]

Brad906....there are games out there already so yes, you can buy them.
I played a demo one today and it was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you see games for sale at??????

I saw the games at our Gamestop at the Mall just last night. They had the demo machine up as well so I even got to play! Woo hoo.

Thanks Neudog....now I'm pretty sure I didn't win....darn.

[quote name='toona']I saw the games at our Gamestop at the Mall just last night. They had the demo machine up as well so I even got to play! Woo hoo.

Thanks Neudog....now I'm pretty sure I didn't win....darn.[/QUOTE]

They were selling them or they had them there? Everyone has the release date listed as 11/15 for the games but i've also been told by a store employee that they will start selling the games as soon as they come in. He said the games don't have a street date just the system. So we will see....

Oh you are probably right about that. I did just "see" them there and didn't ask about buying them. I never saw anyone else buy one either. Sorry if I was misleading....

Well guys, I got my PARTY-IN-A-BOX today. 5 hats, 5 stupidly huge shirts, one of those nasty new Mountain Dew energy drinks, some coupons for free Pepsi products, and a bunch of postcards to invite people over to play the 360 before it comes out. Stupid, but fun. Guess I won't have to confirm my shipping address now.

So on the 19th where is everyone going to be playing their 360? Mysel I will be here at home with a huge smile playing NFS and a rented copy of Madden 06'.

Ya I actually liked the energy drink. I'm a big guy so I like the XL shirts. The harts are pretty cool to. I had never had a hat with that type of automatic fitting. I'm just glad I know they have the correct shipping info and now I'm really confirmed as a winner. It's one of those things where you don't believe it because your luck is never this good.

The hats are really a top quaility hat(I paid $22.00 for the same type of hat at a NHL game), the shirts are way to short for me, I'm 6'7".

I think the signature depends on your delivery guy. Some have had the PIAB waiting on their door step while others had to sign.

Hey, i called the evertenminutes hotline thing to confirm my address and i was just wondering if they ask everyone for their reference number. I guess im getting a little paranoid, but i thought they only needed that to change your address.

My wife was asked for mine when we she changed our address, but we haven't called since. If you've received the PIAB I'm pretty sure the console will be at your door next Saturday.

[quote name='$hady']Where'd you see games for sale at??????[/QUOTE]

I think that it is only a couple of them, like Kameo. Check the dates on ebgames.com.

[quote name='daria19']I think that it is only a couple of them, like Kameo. Check the dates on ebgames.com.[/QUOTE]

LOL yea quote me from a week ago before any were out and make me look dumb today! ;)

[quote name='chris mrozek']I had no clue I won. Then last night I come home and find th eparty in a box waiting for me. Woo Hoo...[/QUOTE]

LOL can you imagine if there was no PIAB and next saturday the UPS guy drops off a box, you are like wtf is this and bam you get 1 360 and lose 1 pair of shitty underwear!

[quote name='jawman311']hey shady, do they alwasy ask for ur reference number when you confirm your address?[/QUOTE]

Yea at least the 2 times i've called......

Apparently Canadians are starting to receive their 360's from their contest. Hopefully ours will ship soon. :)

[quote name='www.360updates.com']It seems the winners of the Canadian BeFirstToPlay contest are getting their Xbox360s starting today. We have multiple reports of shipments arriving at doors this morning in the old North Country. It seems when we called Mountain Dew here in America they are still pushing the "we don't know when it will ship yet" line. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shipwreck']Apparently Canadians are starting to receive their 360's from their contest. Hopefully ours will ship soon. :)[/QUOTE]

fuck CANADA!!

They are saying they got Kameo now and the letter says their selected game will arrive shortly.:cry:

http://img349.imageshack.us/my.php?image=100048313yy.jpg

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/1965/xbox3600da.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38048297@N00/63248495/

http://www.imamber.com/blog/

and another on Ebay already, says he's from North Carolina though!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-IN-HAND-NOW_W0QQitemZ8234040560QQcategoryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

EDIT: He says he cant ship it till the 22nd so i'd say he jacked the pics and is trying to trick people into thinking he has it. He'd be stupid not to sell it a week early for a hefty premium!

wow congrats to all the people getting it early. I thought they were gonna shaft people and send them after release.

is the pepsi/doritos contest the same as the mountain dew one?

bread's done
Back