the I WON A 360 thread

[quote name='shipwreck'] [quote name='menewbe']hey guys..a question about this contest.. does it ask to enter your name and city[cant remember] or does it take that info from your yahoo account??. because someone won from where im living right now in one of the times i entered..but the initials are c.w. and mine are c.c. am i SOL or theres a chance?..[/QUOTE] It takes the info from your Yahoo! account.[/QUOTE]

dam either i was dreaming or something but now the winner page doesnt even show that c.w. wahiawa, hi won [9/19 3:20am]..they replaced for someone in South Bend,IN.. dam them..it just wasnt meant to be.:cry:

[quote name='TJordan522']Hey Shady...your pic didnt come up. Did you get the hats and shirts?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to get your hopes up, it was a picture of "Party Boy". ;)

Well I got lucky today (well, yesterday) and won. It took 59 codes before I actually won and I had another 22 codes entered in following drawings (81 in total). I work in a factory so I had a few guys saving codes for me. The way I did it was just putting in 2 entries per drawing.

Now I have to decide to keep it or sell it. I really have no intrest in it and the money would be nice. But then again, its a free next-gen system...

Quick question regarding XBox Live. If I decide to register for XBox live for maybe a month, will the person that buys it from me (if I do decide to sell it) also be able to use a different XBox Live account on it? IE are you only allowed one Live account per console even if its a different owner?

[quote name='Megamibeast']Yeah I'm going to try the Dord method. I enter 50 in one time slot and lost.[/QUOTE]

You might have to enter in more codes at once. The game has changed since when everyone else was winning. They were playing when they were seeing only 200-600 codes entered at one time. Now when its around 1000-1200 gotta change how you do things.

I was entering only 2 codes at time for a while, but your odds are so low it doesn't make sense. I would think the "shotgun" way is probably the best way to go now. Unless you up the odds from how they were doing 2 codes for 500, you might have to enter 4-5 for 1000 for the other way.

Course, this is all open for discussion, because I would like to see what people have to say about the increase, and I don't want to hear the "L" word.

Well seems like the contest is picking up some steam. Every drawing is at least 1,000 or more and the site just creeps along from 3-11pm. I've still got 445 codes and am on the fence as to how to use them. So far I've entered 20 codes and nothing. I'm hoping for a lull in the action but doubt its gonna happen with the Target thing around the corner. Looks like I'm gonna be sitting at Wal-Mart on the 21st until midnight and my luck they'll probably only have the core package.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Well seems like the contest is picking up some steam. Every drawing is at least 1,000 or more and the site just creeps along from 3-11pm. I've still got 445 codes and am on the fence as to how to use them. So far I've entered 20 codes and nothing. I'm hoping for a lull in the action but doubt its gonna happen with the Target thing around the corner. Looks like I'm gonna be sitting at Wal-Mart on the 21st until midnight and my luck they'll probably only have the core package.[/QUOTE]

what target thing?

[quote name='Megamibeast']Yeah I'm going to try the Dord method. I enter 50 in one time slot and lost.[/QUOTE]

I tried doing that method within the last 2 weeks. I used 95 codes 3x31+2 in 6 hrs. My brother used 100 this week too, codes 4x10, 25 codes 4x6, and 34x3 in 11 drawings. I've used 2 codes in different drawings like 20 times.

I think it's better, IMO, to take say 200 codes, put it in one drawing, and maybe by not just going in and dumping all 200 in at once, but keep comming back to the drawing for example other the 3 days it's open put in 4 of your codes per every other 20 codes other contestants put in. Or maybe going 10x20, 20x10, 40x5, 50x4, or 100x2.

Maybe if your the first to put in 200 of 1000, the computer doesn't randomize your name as 1 in 5, but it keeps your entries as 1-200 of 1000.

What if it picks 201st code entered you lost, just like some people win with 300, and some lose with 300. One person might of had their 300 between entry 200 & 499, and the 499th was picked and they won. Another person with 300 might have submitted all their codes from 500 to 799 in the same contest and lost.. Though if you go first it might randomize a winning code for you first, or it may randomize all entries together. There are so many possibilities there's no sure way to no whats best.

Anyway the each contest has went up to about an 1200-1400 average so it will be even tougher to win with the 3-5 poiint method. More people are probably putting 20-30 points in each by now. I'm guessing Dord and others who won with the 3 point spread method just got lucky win drawings were smaller and the average codes per person were 3.

I'm going for the 12:00am drawing this Sunday 9/25. I put the rest of my points in it, 360. I just said F-it and went all in. I put all 360 in as soon as that time slot opened, I think I was the first to enter it.

The person that buys it from you will be able to have his/her own live account. Yes, you are allowed multiple accounts.

Personally, I think if you dont have much interest, you should sell because you could probably get a pretty penny. Dont forget it comes with a game which is worth $59.

However, you might want to consider holding on to it for the simple fact that Microsoft is giving you an incredibly powerful computer (even for its retail price) , which will eventually be hacked - and then be able to be used as a very cool media powerhouse for your home entertainment lineup.

It will be a prized possession this thing, and I have a feeling that money will come and go.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Well seems like the contest is picking up some steam. Every drawing is at least 1,000 or more and the site just creeps along from 3-11pm. I've still got 445 codes and am on the fence as to how to use them. So far I've entered 20 codes and nothing. I'm hoping for a lull in the action but doubt its gonna happen with the Target thing around the corner. Looks like I'm gonna be sitting at Wal-Mart on the 21st until midnight and my luck they'll probably only have the core package.[/QUOTE]

You have to bite the bullet and use them all at once -- and the longer you wait, the more codes will be used and the chances of winning will be smaller. I don't want to alarm you but I disagree with the folks who said to "hold on" and wait until the end of the contest because the mania will die down. I just don't see it that way. More likely is that more and more people will be entering because the codes will be everywhere, all over the country by then, and there will be a real rush to use them up before the contest ends.

I'd just try and pick a late-night/early morning slot and use them at once. Portioning them off only decreases your chances of winning so I wouldn't bother with that again -- just do it man and good luck!! :)

[quote name='tearofangst']lmao, i just bought 4 pepsi's ALL OF THEM had caps that said "Buy Dew or Pepsi 20oz Get 1 Free" Hhahaahah wtf!!![/QUOTE]

the chances of that are 1 in 7776...thats harder than winning a 360! your the real winner here ;)

[quote name='jawman311']the chances of that are 1 in 7776...thats harder than winning a 360! your the real winner here ;)[/QUOTE]

seriously this is pretty weird lol.

[quote name='tearofangst']seriously this is pretty weird lol.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I've had my hands on about 650 caps so far without a free 20oz. So I guess the odds are correct on getting one of those, but 4 in a row really kicks those odds in the ass.

Maybe it's the sign of a good omen. I'd cash those free caps in. Enjoy my free drinks and put them in a contest right away. :applause:

[quote name='tearofangst']lmao, i just bought 4 pepsi's ALL OF THEM had caps that said "Buy Dew or Pepsi 20oz Get 1 Free" Hhahaahah wtf!!![/QUOTE]

LOL!! I won a 360, i've touched over 150 caps, I have a friend who has 250+ caps...... I've never seen anyone get a free pop off one of these lids! I'd trade it all to be in your shoes right now! ;)

I think I won!!! I entered 12 codes in the 6:20 pm drawing yesterday when the system went back on-line, and the winner shows up from my town, now the wait for confirmation begins.

p.s.
I still have over 180 un-entered codes if anybody wants to buy them off of me, looking to sell them all in bulk.

[quote name='$hady']Anyone gotten their party in box package yet? Launch is about a month and a half away. :)[/QUOTE]

im still waiting for mine. it says it ships in 2-3 weeks but its not overnight mail so who knows.

[quote name='mykevermin']

I feel like Charlie Bucket, but without the happy ending.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha that got me laughing.

Congratulations to all the cag winners... Im so proud... :cry:

[quote name='The Dord']I'm kind of worried, its been about 3 weeks now for me.[/QUOTE]

dont worry, if it takes them 10 - 16 weeks to ship gear, i guess we shouldn't expect any better with the party in the box

i know alot of people want to get more bottle caps so if you REALLY want them i will give away 20 codes to one complete offer on my referal link

http://xbox360s.freepay.com/?r=23006538

pm me before doing this thanks!

P.S if you want i can even send out the bottle caps themselves just in case you win and microsoft requests proof

[quote name='faramir1987']anyone selling codes IM me at faramir1987 on aim[/QUOTE]

I have over 250 unused codes if you would want to buy them, but you would have to buy all 250 at once.

Anyone get the party box with the hats and stuff? It has been about 4 weeks for me. I thought it was suppose to be shipped sooner.

[quote name='panasonic']Anyone get the party box with the hats and stuff? It has been about 4 weeks for me. I thought it was suppose to be shipped sooner.[/QUOTE]

its been that long for me too, I'm starting to worry.

I'd be interested in buying/trading for some codes, preferably a bunch at once. PM with price or CML for something you'd be interested in for the codes.

Thanks

If anyone cares here is what almost 300 unused MD Xbox 360 codes looks like.
000_0054.jpg

[quote name='panasonic']Anyone get the party box with the hats and stuff? It has been about 4 weeks for me. I thought it was suppose to be shipped sooner.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Where may I ask did you procure all of these codes?[/QUOTE]

probably at a sporting event or something

FYI...my wife works a wal-mart and she states that all the MT. Dew caps are turning white...caps are starting to dry up.

I've managed to get about 75 caps...so I'm going to start dumping them into a drawing.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']FYI...my wife works a wal-mart and she states that all the MT. Dew caps are turning white...caps are starting to dry up.

I've managed to get about 75 caps...so I'm going to start dumping them into a drawing.[/QUOTE]

i've noticed this too...when i went to 3rd period today i saw the guy pushing a cart of sodas and the mountain dews had white caps...interesting...

I also noticed the bottles with codes are becoming harder to find. At my school, all sodas now have the regular caps on them except for a small amount of Mountain Dew's from the last shipment I guess.

I guess it's a good and bad thing. Good because less codes out so maybe the odds of winning will go back up again if there are less caps being entered in a drawing, bad of course because it seems it will be very difficult to get more codes at this point on. I only managed to get 4 caps today at school as the recycling bins seem to be filled with the regular bottles without the code caps now.

Here in RI we've noticed the same thing -- the "new" batch of Dews don't have the promotion elements/caps on them, either.

This will be good news potentially for those who have stockpiled, as there's a good chance the numer of entries will start diminishing in the next week.

Seems that the number of codes entered in are getting low. From around 3,000 last week back down to the low 1000s. Ha, it might be the time to start entering only 2-3 codes.

I also started to see less and less codes now that I think about it from Wal-mart here in CT. Anyone else want to confirm where the codes are starting to wind down?

[quote name='maddfrog']Seems that the number of codes entered in are getting low. From around 3,000 last week back down to the low 1000s. Ha, it might be the time to start entering only 2-3 codes.

I also started to see less and less codes now that I think about it from Wal-mart here in CT. Anyone else want to confirm where the codes are starting to wind down?[/QUOTE]

Its getting closer to the end of the contest (2 weeks left or so), I would of thought the sweeps would be getting much higher, hehe.

[quote name='The Dord']Its getting closer to the end of the contest (2 weeks left or so), I would of thought the sweeps would be getting much higher, hehe.[/QUOTE]

So did I, which after I saw the high numbers I about gave on the contest as I have no way of getting a lot of codes like people here have. Maybe I'll do one last time to see if I can get anything with the codes I got.

Just looking again its still high with the 1:00 contest with 2110 + codes. Might be time to throw in the towel

I think I might have won again, I entered another 50 codes in this morning with my brother-in-laws info and it shows that the winner in that drawing was from my town.

p.s.
I have about 250 unused codes left, for sale only in one big lot.

Check this out.

I had 500 caps into one of last Thursdays am drawings. Drawing had around 1700 entries total.

I wake up and see my city, state as winner.

My city population is around 15,000.

I have not received any confirmation yet and in 6 hours, one week will have passed.

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR??????????????????

[quote name='netexec2']Got it today. That was a close one.[/QUOTE]

nice, congrats. I bet u were refreshing every10seconds. That what i did

bread's done
Back