The Icon's Pic Thread.

[quote name='swetooth9']races are the most fun in BO imo though...crash doesnt appeal to me....[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah. The races are mind-boggling. Especially with the many paths, shortcuts and "sweet jumps".

[quote name='Trakan']Sign on AIM so I can show you the real ha-has.[/QUOTE]
I sign on and you don't deliver on teh ha-has. :cry:

EDIT: You tricked me. It was Dane Cook. :bomb: :bomb:

koolaid.jpg

This is what you post when you need to call on Jimmie.

It could of used a lot more work, but now that you've got the general idea, some of you PS buffs can take it and make it look much better. I'm looking for a style similar to Batman here.

[quote name='swetooth9']i dont take pills...but i do bench and stuff...do you take pills, ryan or is that just for the "theme?" :)[/QUOTE]

Do 'roids count? If they don't...then I'm clean.

I cleaned up and deleted a bunch of songs off my computer today. Shit took awhile to look so fresh to death. Envy.

[quote name='Brak']I have almost 500 albums on my 'puter. ;o[/QUOTE]
But do they look so fresh and so clean? Also, note I deleted a bunch today. Shit I don't listen to anymore.

What do you listen to? You should give me some.

[quote name='zewone']But do they look so fresh and so clean? Also, note I deleted a bunch today. Shit I don't listen to anymore.

What do you listen to? You should give me some.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Not that clean, with the album cover appearing in the folder icon and all of that jazz. I do have them organized pretty neatly, though.

Some peoples' music folders are just... trash, from what I've seen on SoulSeek.

If you got SoulSeek, I can hook you up. I listen to a lot of stuff. Not sure what you like, though.

[quote name='zewone']I cleaned up and deleted a bunch of songs off my computer today. Shit took awhile to look so fresh to death. Envy.
[/QUOTE]

that's hot, z...what do you use to make the folders with the album images? i also have the common album...AWESOME album...but my fav right now is the Kanye West Late Registration album...now that is some good shit...that Heard Em Say song is gold...

[quote name='swetooth9']that's hot, z...what do you use to make the folders with the album images? i also have the common album...AWESOME album...but my fav right now is the Kanye West Late Registration album...now that is some good shit...that Heard Em Say song is gold...[/QUOTE]

Basically, save an image of the album cover in the album folder and then switch the 'View', in the folder containing all of the albums, to 'View Thumbnails', and it will show the image of the album cover on the folder icon.

And I think only XP will let you do that, by the way.

I used to keep my music folders that way, but stopped, for whatever reason.

And the best place to get the album covers? Ape 'em from Amazon.com. ;)

yea, amazon.com has great album covers :D

thanks for the tip...how did z center his album covers though? mine goes to teh upper left and is small...

thanks

Hmm... Not sure. I'm not at home right now, but I think mine showed up centered...

If not, he may be using a Windows tweak, or something. We'll have to hear from him about it.

It may rely on the image size.

Right click on the album folder. Go to properties. Then go to customize and then choose picture. Pick the album art and it should center it and take up the whole folder.

[quote name='zewone']Right click on the album folder. Go to properties. Then go to customize and then choose picture. Pick the album art and it should center it and take up the whole folder.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='swetooth9']that's hot, z...what do you use to make the folders with the album images? i also have the common album...AWESOME album...but my fav right now is the Kanye West Late Registration album...now that is some good shit...that Heard Em Say song is gold...[/QUOTE]definetly, kanye west kicks ass,
late registration is a great album and the skits are god damned hilarious
and another great song on there is Bring Me Down

Ok. I got my album folders looking so fresh and so clean. Took a decade, but I did it.

A look at some of the Ds and some of the Es.

And I didn't know you liked Queens of the Stone Age, zewone. Kid's got class.

[quote name='swetooth9']heh, it seems like everyone has that danger doom cd...great album[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that, what kind of music do they play?

[quote name='Brak']Ok. I got my album folders looking so fresh and so clean. Took a decade, but I did it.

A look at some of the Ds and some of the Es.

And I didn't know you liked Queens of the Stone Age, zewone. Kid's got class.[/QUOTE]
It takes awhile, but it's worth it. You got to hook me up with that Deltron 3030 album. Been looking for that.

Rabbit, definately give Danger Doom a listen if you like hip-hop/Adult Swim. The CD comes out Tuesday.

[quote name='zewone']It takes awhile, but it's worth it. You got to hook me up with that Deltron 3030 album. Been looking for that.

Rabbit, definately give Danger Doom a listen if you like hip-hop/Adult Swim. The CD comes out Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I like Adult Swim (not quite sure how that's relevant) but I'll give them a-listen-to.

[quote name='zewone']It takes awhile, but it's worth it. You got to hook me up with that Deltron 3030 album. Been looking for that.

Rabbit, definately give Danger Doom a listen if you like hip-hop/Adult Swim. The CD comes out Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

The Deltron 3030 album is the shit. Got the instrumental version, too, right next to it, if you want that. Dan the Automator makes amazing beats -- especially on this album.

You got SoulSeek or something? We can transfer it over that if you do. If not, we can use AIM or something.

[quote name='swetooth9']heh, it seems like everyone has that danger doom cd...great album[/QUOTE]

I haven't listened to it yet, come to think of it. I'm a fan of MF Doom and Danger Mouse -- not so much a fan of Adult Swim, however, contrary to my screen name. ;)

I have faith in MF Doom and Danger Mouse, though.

[quote name='rabbitt']I like Adult Swim (not quite sure how that's relevant) but I'll give them a-listen-to.[/QUOTE]

The album is inspired by Adult Swim. Meatwad, among other characters, appear on some of the tracks.

[quote name='Brak']I haven't listened to it yet, come to think of it. I'm a fan of MF Doom and Danger Mouse -- not so much a fan of Adult Swim, however, contrary to my screen name. ;)

I have faith in MF Doom and Danger Mouse, though.

The album is inspired by Adult Swim. Meatwad, among other characters, appear on some of the tracks.[/QUOTE]

master shake is pretty funny on the last track too

[quote name='Brak']The Deltron 3030 album is the shit. Got the instrumental version, too, right next to it, if you want that. Dan the Automator makes amazing beats -- especially on this album.

You got SoulSeek or something? We can transfer it over that if you do. If not, we can use AIM or something.[/QUOTE]
I just downloaded SoulSeek. I'm not sure how you work this, so any tips would help.

[quote name='zewone']I just downloaded SoulSeek. I'm not sure how you work this, so any tips would help.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda easy after all is figured out.

On the right side of the screen, there should be a whited out area (I think the top tiled area). That's the "Friends List" area. Right click the white area and select "Add user", or something like that. Add the screen name "The Good" (minus the quotes). That's me. When I'm online, the bird icon near my name will turn blue with spread wings. When I'm offline, it's red with closed wings. When I'm online, you can right click my name and select "Browse files".

Anyway, in one of the top menus (File, Window, etc.), you can select your shared folder (just select your music folder), and your download folder (where the files download). Personally, I created a seperate folder for my downloads to keep things organized.

To search for files, click the search tab. Searching for an album title is best. The searches that show up black are ones that aren't bogged down with a huge line of users -- so you'll be first in line. The ones that are grey = step in line, sucka. Avoid 'em.

Make sure you look at the bitrates, too. 192kb is typically your best quality sound. 128 is really pushing it. Anything about 160 is fine -- but shoot for 192kb and above.

And when you find an album, the easiest way to do it is right click one of the files within an album folder and select "Download containing folder". This will download the entire folder. Note: Make sure you're do this when you're sure it's an album folder and not their entire music folder! I've accidentally optioned to download 100,000+ files by doing this on accident. It's not big deal, but it'll crash the program and/or take a while to clean up.

Those are some basic tips. I'll think of more when I have the program in front of me (I'm at work right now). If you have any questions, just ask.

SoulSeek is the best p2p program for downloading albums.

Cool, thanks. I just added you. I'll check if you're online later. My username is zewone....(I think...not sure if I set that up right).

[quote name='swetooth9']for soulseek, can you "preview" songs in an album before you actually D/L it or while you are d/ling it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Except it's done a little differently than Kazaa and the other programs like that.

You go to the folder where you're downloading it and open what you've downloaded of the mp3 files as you're downloading it.

Now I just need a good torrent and I'm set.

Oh and how about some Far Cry, possibly later tonight or some time tomorrow afternoon, before I ship it back to GameFly.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Now I just need a good torrent and I'm set.

Oh and how about some Far Cry, possibly later tonight or some time tomorrow afternoon, before I ship it back to GameFly.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to take a nap for a bit. I've been awak for 19 hours, and was at work 11 of them. That and this sinus infection I have are makings me can't think too good.

I may be up for some Far Cry around 10 - 11 (EST) tonight, if I can hear the alarm clock.

I can definitely play some tomorrow night, though.

[quote name='Brak']I think I'm going to take a nap for a bit. I've been awak for 19 hours, and was at work 11 of them. That and this sinus infection I have are makings me can't think too good.

I may be up for some Far Cry around 10 - 11 (EST) tonight, if I can hear the alarm clock.

I can definitely play some tomorrow night, though.[/QUOTE]

Might be around for a little bit at 9(CT), but no more than a half hour, glorious 3rd shift work.

DSCN0544.jpg

Yeah, I kicked it AOR style, so what.

You kids with your talib kweliheshi's and kenya west's don't know what it's like when "more than a feeling" hits you through a 30 year old amp on a 15 year-old turntable.

bread's done
Back