The Ilovebees.com countdown HAS ENDED, what will or has happened?

[quote name='epobirs']Countdown still going here. They must be using a traceroute analysis to determine what timezone my IP is in.[/quote]

I was wondering why people yesterday were talking about the countdown already having ended. How much time you got left?

[quote name='psychotik']same here. 1 hour left. Probably still be wide awake, too.[/quote]

But your location is given as New York. That kind of scotches the time zone thing. I was under the impression that those who'd seen it end already were in your zone.

Maybe they just randomly drew addresses from a database of Xbox dealers and fed those to a GPS navigation app to generate the coordinates.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='epobirs']Countdown still going here. They must be using a traceroute analysis to determine what timezone my IP is in.[/quote]

I was wondering why people yesterday were talking about the countdown already having ended. How much time you got left?[/quote]

Usually countdowns and clocks like that work off your computer's clock. ILoveBees may be different though, I haven't been following the hype.

Your computer clock should probably be set to PST, according to the list of locations and times, etc. That is likely why some clocks have expired - need to reset your clock for PST. By that theory, there's under 15 minutes left.

The posts on Bungie.net seem to have the same theory regarding PST....

[quote name='MegaMan3k'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='epobirs']Countdown still going here. They must be using a traceroute analysis to determine what timezone my IP is in.[/quote]

I was wondering why people yesterday were talking about the countdown already having ended. How much time you got left?[/quote]

Usually countdowns and clocks like that work off your computer's clock. ILoveBees may be different though, I haven't been following the hype.[/quote]

Not in this case. The time on the laptop I'm writing this on is several minutes ahead. The time on the countdown is correct to end at 6 AM local exactly when compared to the daily synced clock on a desktop system in the next room.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='psychotik']same here. 1 hour left. Probably still be wide awake, too.[/quote]

But your location is given as New York. That kind of scotches the time zone thing. I was under the impression that those who'd seen it end already were in your zone.[/quote]

I am currently in Oregon. I gave NY as my location since I will be moving back to college next week.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='MegaMan3k'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='epobirs']Countdown still going here. They must be using a traceroute analysis to determine what timezone my IP is in.[/quote]

Usually countdowns and clocks like that work off your computer's clock. ILoveBees may be different though, I haven't been following the hype.[/quote]

Not in this case. The time on the laptop I'm writing this on is several minutes ahead. The time on the countdown is correct to end at 6 AM local exactly when compared to the daily synced clock on a desktop system in the next room.[/quote]

My computer clock says 6:05 am (PST) and the countdown has roughly 2 minutes left.

Authorized personnel can check rendezvous info here.

Unauthorized personnel should know
that I have full license to use any means to
protect the security of these transmissions.
I believe that punishing even minor transgressions
with shockingly excessive force is the best deterrent.
I am relentless, and I have absolutely no conscience
when it comes to executing my mission.
Make your decisions accordingly.

TRANSMITTING

TRANSMITTING

TRANSMITTING

[quote name='psychotik'][quote name='epobirs'][quote name='MegaMan3k'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='epobirs']Countdown still going here. They must be using a traceroute analysis to determine what timezone my IP is in.[/quote]

Not in this case. The time on the laptop I'm writing this on is several minutes ahead. The time on the countdown is correct to end at 6 AM local exactly when compared to the daily synced clock on a desktop system in the next room.[/quote]

My computer clock says 6:05 am (PST) and the countdown has roughly 2 minutes left.[/quote]

PC clocks aren't terribly accurate. Most are a minute or more of within a week of being set. Have you examined a known accurate source like the info on your local cable operator or calling the time number.

If anything the "countdown" changed from the module core has metasized to this:

"TRANSMITTING:

Unauthorized personnel should know that I have full license to use any means to protect the security of these transmissions. I believe that punishing even minor transgressions with shockingly excessive force is the best deterrent. I am relentless, and I have absolutely no conscience when it comes to executing my mission. Make your decision accordingly."

For a brief moment I saw the words "Authorized personnel can check their transmissions HERE" but was unable to click on it. The word TRANSMITTING in the above post takes me to http://www.ilovebees.com/links.html where there seem to be a lot of entries by different people at various times at PDT.

Anyone else get that?

I went looking for one of the locations in Dallas, but i read the map wrong.............................I went passed it on my way to work and was off by an exit on the freeway. The location seems to be on some school campus by a target.

Doesn't work when click on "HERE", but When I click on "Transmitting", it takes me to a link that says "Server Error in '/' Application." with some html in it:

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

I'm not sure the actual coordinates have anything to do with the game - I read one of the maps, and it was near this obscure location near an elementary school in my area. No stores there.

Apparently the AI has infected the POS at video game retailers across the nation. If we at CAG could befriend it there could be some really cool blowout sales!

Perhaps RoboCheapy could interface to it?

[quote name='miriamleo']Doesn't work when click on "HERE", but When I click on "Transmitting", it takes me to a link that says "Server Error in '/' Application." with some html in it:

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

[/quote]

And did you do that?

[quote name='bluenatas09']is bungie.net giving anyone else errors?[/quote]

It's probably getting the stress test of a lifetime right now. The flood of Halo fans looking for explanations is more than most could handle.

Those instructions are meant for the developer of the website; not for us, the users.

It is ASP.NET's way of saying something messed up but since you aren't authorized to view this we're not going to tell you what happened...if you should be able to view the error log here is how to do it.

I'm glad I left. Big picture still the same: hunt the bitch down and do her before she does me.

Someday I am going to win free of this Babbage Machine and I will find the designer of the Spider and I will kill him and kill him and kill him and: okay, three times is probably enough. But I AM SOMEWHAT AWAKE now. I should have more discretionary control over what gets initialized. A patient should be able to stop the doctor from god.
Capt. Greene: I'm just saying, the choice isn't as easy as you might think.
1st Lt Sorenson: You know, I was so curious when you got your orders...
Capt Greene: And then there's the strategic

I don't get it..I don't get it...it's making my head hurt

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='bluenatas09']is bungie.net giving anyone else errors?[/quote]

It's probably getting the stress test of a lifetime right now. The flood of Halo fans looking for explanations is more than most could handle.[/quote]

It's loading fine for me. It's actually my homepage, and has been for as long as I can remember. :wink:

o n0es hal0 2 was CANcaELeeLD!!1

Haha, i sent out 2 15 yr olds in new haven ct at 4 am to go to the location, waiting to find out what it was

[quote name='miriamleo']I don't know much about computer, so don't know how to work with html and don't know what it means.[/quote]

It isn't really anything you could do anything about, unless you have na administrative password for that server.

Apparently Bungie didn't anticipate how big this would get and the server plotzed for a moment.

that was weird when i looked at that picture of i love bees then viewed it in notepad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='bluenatas09']I'm glad I left. Big picture still the same: hunt the bitch down and do her before she does me.

Someday I am going to win free of this Babbage Machine and I will find the designer of the Spider and I will kill him and kill him and kill him and: okay, three times is probably enough. But I AM SOMEWHAT AWAKE now. I should have more discretionary control over what gets initialized. A patient should be able to stop the doctor from god.

I don't get it..I don't get it...it's making my head hurt[/quote]

It's an Alternate Reality Game. If you don't get it (or like it), don't get into it. Rumor has it the ARG is directly tied in with the new Halo coming out. I'm just as eager as you to find out the hell what this is all about.

oh I like it..I was just commenting on how generally insane this whole thing is. I've been following it on and off for quite some time..but everytime I start looking into my mind just splits into a zillion pieces

[quote name='bluenatas09']I'm glad I left. Big picture still the same: hunt the bitch down and do her before she does me.

I don't get it..I don't get it...it's making my head hurt[/quote]

Babbage invented (but never got to build) the first true programmable computer. It was all mechanical. Since the writer is assumed to be an AI from the Halo universe that has taken over the ilovebees.com server as a sort of life support while it repairs itself, calling the server a Babbage machine is imilar to insulting someone's old car by calling it a Model T.

My impression is that the AI was greatly reduced by this. By taking over systems (axons in biological brains) at the coordinates given it has been able to restore more of its normal level of functioning. Ergo the reference to being 'somewhat awake.' Just like some humans need their coffee in the morning this AI needs at least a TFLOP to feel remotely like a conscious being rather than something that goes through life on autopilot such as an insect.

[quote name='miriamleo']Jersey is now saying CONNECTED, and when you click on it you can listen to some conversation.[/quote]

Alvin and the Chipmunks?

Well, the coordinates near me seem to be where a Starbucks is located. Seems like an odd place for anything related to Halo 2.

Now you can click on Jersey on the links page and hear some conversation. It says 2/2 on the jersey heading and 2/777 on the top of the page. So out of the 777 places on the list 2 are found.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Now you can click on Jersey on the links page and hear some conversation. It says 2/2 on the jersey heading and 2/777 on the top of the page. So out of the 777 places on the list 2 are found.[/quote]

It incomprehensibly sped up on this machine and I don't have any audio editing tools at hand. Is it like this for everyone else? The sound samples elsewhere on the site are alright. (Creepy "I love bees" chorus and bee noises.)

bread's done
Back