The Indie Gala bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanksfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Yes, yet another indie bundle, but like the Humble Bundle, you can set your own price and donate to charity as well. The games only register on Steam, but that won't be a problem for most here. You get a key for each individual game, so you can gift whatever you do not personally want if you feel like it.

http://www.indiegala.com/

Legend:
steam-icon.png
- Steam
android-icon.png
- Android
desura.png
- Desura
GG - GamersGate
:pc: - DRM-free

Indie Gala Dwarves

Start Date: March 20, 2013
End Date:
Total Raised:
Total Purchased:
Average Price:
Group Buy thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:
:pc: Nosferatu - The Wrath Of Malachi Wikipedia Entry
GG Street Racing Syndicate
steam-icon.png
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Music-player-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week

Beat the Average:
GG Guilty Gear Isuka
GG Gun Metal
steam-icon.png
A Game of Dwarves
steam-icon.png
Warlock - Master of the Arcane
steam-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week
steam-icon.png
Unlocks 2nd Week

===============================================

Happy Hour guidelines:

*Happy Hour happens at random times: sometimes as early as 4 days after the bundle going live, but most often during the second week of sales.

Happy Hour! Double Gifts! During Happy Hour time New buyers for every gift purchase get a 2nd bonus gift for free (2x1)! All gifts are doubled! Remember to check 'IS IT A GIFT'! *If you have not purchased the current Indie Gala yet, you can buy two for one during happy hour

And if you are an early buyer the deal is EVEN BIGGER!

Yes! If you already bought the current indiegala bundle, you get 2 bonus gifts for free for every gift purchased ( 3 x 1 ) *If you have already purchased the bundle, but you did not purchase it in the first week, you can buy three for one

And if you bought it in the first week you get 3 bonus gifts for free for every gift purchased ( 4 x 1 ) *If you already purchased the current bundle and did so in the first week of the current bundle going live, you can buy four for one

Remember to check 'IS IT A GIFT' ! if you want to take advantage of Happy Hour. You have to check this also if, after purchasing a bundle for yourself with your own email address, you want another additional bundle for you. If you don't, transactions amount will sum on your original email account and you can upgrade your purchase, obtaining more bonuses if you previously didn't unlock it, or more galapoints.

REMEMBER: (Gift purchases are not upgradable and don't contribute to upgrade your personal account for unlock new content.)
***For Happy Hour, you MUST use the same e-mail you used when buying your first bundle, and you MUST check the gift option below the payment method. You have to buy again during Happy Hour to receive gift copies.

CAG Group Buy Hosting FAQ

Q: I see all of these CAGs hosting group buys for people. What's that all about?
A: It's a way for CAGs to help each other get the best deal. One person will buy the bundle during the first week, then they will buy four gift copies at the highest tier during Happy Hour. This person is referred to as the host. They then try to sell these to participants for a fraction of the price of buying the "beat the average" bundle individually, plus some extra to distribute the cost of the initial bundle purchase in the first week. The host gains money back, and the participants get the full bundle for a fourth of the cost. Everyone wins.

Q: How do I host one?
A: To host a CAG group buy, you must first purchase the Indie Gala full BTA (beat the average) bundle in the first week (this has been changed since the previous bundles). This will allow you to purchase four additional bundles for the price of one during a Happy Hour, as stated in the Happy Hour post above. Now, it does matter how much you initially spend, as you must purchase the full bundle in order to purchase full bundle four-packs during Happy Hour. Then, once Happy Hour starts, you buy a gift copy for the current "beat the average" price, which will be listed on the Indie Gala page. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK "IS IT A GIFT" TO GET FOUR GIFT COPIES.

Q: It's asking me for multiple e-mail addresses. What do I do?
A: Just skip that part. The links to the gifts will be added to your account page (which is another reason why you must always use the same e-mail address when ordering from Indie Gala). Most hosts will send out the gift URLs to their participants in a PM.

Q: Is it hard to do?
A: No, it's very quick and easy. Just keep track of which gift URLs you have sent to which people, and you will be fine.

Past Galas

Indie Gala I

Start Date: December 5, 2011
End Date: January 6, 2012
Total Raised: $84,513
Total Purchases: 45,635
Average Price: $1.81

Games Offered:
steam.png
Saira (Nifflas Games, 2010)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 1 (Sigma Team, 2007)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 2 (Sigma Team, 2009)
steam.png
Your Doodles Are Bugged (Spyn Doctor Games, 2011)
steam.png
inMomentum (Digital Arrow, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Untold (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Duality (Exosyphen Games, 2011)
:pc: Vizati (Different Pixel, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Terra Firma EP" - The Flashbulb, 2011
"Love As Dark Hallway" - The Flashbulb, 2011
"Good Luck " - Robot Science, 2011
"Doodads" - Robot Science, 2010
"Reptilians" - Starfucker, 2011
"inMomentum OST" - Gareth Coker, 2011

Indie Gala II

Start Date: February 4, 2012
End Date: March 20, 2012
Total Raised: $132,735
Total Purchases: 32,483
Average Price: $4.08

11.gif

Games Offered:
steam.png
Roboblitz (Naked Sky, 2006)
steam.png
Greed Corp (Vanguard Games, 2010)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 1 (Sigma team, 2007)
steam.png
Fortix 2 (Nemesys Games, 2011)
steam.png
Critical Mass (Manic Games, 2011)
steam.png
Bunch of Heroes (NGD Studios, 2011)
steam.png
Zombie Shooter 2 (Sigma Team, 2009)
steam.png
Your Doodles Are Bugged (Spyn Doctor Games, 2011)
steam.png
inMomentum (Digital Arrow, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Untold (Exosyphen Games, 2010)
steam.png
Hacker Evolution: Duality (Exosyphen Games, 2011)
:pc: Postal (Running with Scissors, 1997)
android-icon.png
Fruitblitz (Rubicon Development, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Beautiful EP" - The Numbers, 2011
"Fit The Paradigm" - Jack Butler, 2011
"Good Luck" - Robot Science, 2011
"Doodads" - Robot Science, 2010
"Squares" - Robot Science, 2011
"inMomentum OST" - Gareth Coker, 2011

Indie Gala III

Start Date: March 24, 2012
End Date: April 15, 2012
Total Raised: $88,563
Total Purchased: 25,234
Average Price: $4.69

Games Offered:
steam.png
Flatout (Bugbear Entertainment, 2006)
steam.png
Twin Sector (DNS Development, 2009)
steam.png
Trapped Dead (Crenetics, 2011)
steam.png
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes (Silent Dreams, 2010)
steam.png
Greed: Black Border (Clockstone, 2010)
steam.png
Future Wars (Radon Labs, 2010)
:pc: Gear Grinder (Headup Games, 2010)

Music Offered:
"Chiptune Hero" - DJ Cutman, 2011
"All Night Party" - Electric Children, 2011
"Viper EP" - F-777, 2011
"Re-Motion Vol.2" - F-777, 2010
"Squares" - Robot Science, 2011

Other Bonuses:
Sonia The Cruel - Part 1 (comic)

Indie Gala IV

Start Date: April 24, 2012
End Date: May 15, 2012
Total Raised: (info needed)
Total Purchased: (info needed)
Average Price: (info needed)

Games Offered:
steam.png
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution (Kot-in-Action Creative Artel, 2011)
steam.png
A.R.E.S.:Extinction Agenda (Extend Interactive, 2010)
Free code from Blade. Say thanks if you redeem it! 5N3EH-AVYXQ-BTK6Q
steam.png
Alien Shooter (Sigma Team, 2003)
steam.png
Disciples II: Gallean's return (Strategy First, 2005)
steam.png
Altitude (Nimbly Games, 2009)
steam.png
Really Big Sky (Boss Baddie, 2011)
steam.png
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded (Sigma Team, 2009)
:pc: Wake (Boss Baddie, 2010)
:pc: Lunnye Devitsy (Boss Baddie, 2009)
:pc: DEADEND - Cerebral Vortex (MEMBRANOS Interactive Media Studio, 2011)

Music Offered:
"Really Big Sky OST" - MrPineapple Band, 2011
"Tormishire OST" - MrPineapple, 2012
"Pretty Things EP" - Giraf$$$e, 2011
"Opus At The End Of Everything" - The Flashbulb, 2012
"Arboreal" - The Flashbulb, 2010
"Im Cwazy" - Dubstep'n'Stuff, 2012
"ReMotion - Vol.1" - Kr1z & F-777, 2010
"Comfort" - Giraf$$$e, 2011

Indie Gala V

Start Date: May 27, 2012
End Date: June 14, 2012
Total Raised: $90,958.80
Total Purchased: 25,817
Average Price: $5.62

Games Offered:
steam.png
Making History: The Calm & The Storm (Muzzy Lane, 2007)
steam.png
Beat Hazard (Cold Beam Games, 2010)
steam.png
Razor2: Hidden Skies (Invent4 Entertainment, 2012)
steam.png
Ironclads Collection (Totem Games, 2008-2011)
steam.png
Space Empires IV Deluxe (Malfador Machinations, 2000)
steam.png
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge (Invent4 Entertainment, 2009)
steam.png
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves (Strategy First, 2003)
steam.png
Puzzle Kingdoms (Infinite Interactive, 2009)
:pc: Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness (Targem Games, 2005)
:pc: WRC: FIA World Rally Championship (Milestone S.r.l., 2010)
:pc: Ninja Blade (From Software, 2009)
:pc: SBK X: Superbike World Championship (Milestone S.r.l., 2010)

Music Offered:
"The Last Seduction" - Baron Von Luxxury, 2012
"Biggest Failure Of All Time" - Losers Come From Above, 2012
"YOU Are" - Electric Children, 2011
"Deadmau5 - Strobe (Gameboy Remix)" - DJ Cutman & An0va, 2012
"Powerglove (It's So Bad)" - DJ Cutman feat. Benjamin Briggs, 2010

Indie Gala Mobile

Start Date: June 18, 2012
End Date: June 24, 2012
Total Raised: (info needed)
Total Purchased: (info needed)
Average Price: (info needed)

Games Offered:
android-icon.png
Cardinal Quest (tametick, 2012)
android-icon.png
Great Little War Game (Rubicon Development, 2012)
android-icon.png
Legends of Yore (Coke and Code, 2012)
android-icon.png
Smiles/Smiles HD (Mike Kaszprak, 2012)
:pc: Pitri 1977 (ilikescifi Games, 2012)
:pc: Manor of the Damned (Milestone, 2011)
steam.png
Turba (Binary Takeover, 2010)

Music Offered:
"Soundtracks for Everyday Adventures" - Lullatone, 2012
"Smash It" - F-777, 2012

Indie Gala VI

Start Date: June 25, 2012
End Date: July 10, 2012
Total Raised: $75,261.80
Total Purchased: 19,631
Average Price: $6.24

Games Offered:

steam.png
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (Pyro Studios, 1998)
steam.png
The Void (video game) (Ice-Pick Lodge, 2008)
steam.png
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty (Pyro Studios, 1999)
steam.png
Commandos 2: Men of Courage (Pyro Studios, 2001)
steam.png
Ion Assault (Coreplay, 2009)
steam.png
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars (Games Farm, 2011)
steam.png
Cargo! – The Quest for Gravity (Ice-Pick Lodge, 2011)
steam.png
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin (Pyro Studios, 2003)
steam.png
Trauma (Krystian Majewski, 2011)

Music Offered:

"Elevator Music" - Lullatone, 2011
"Trauma Soundtrack" - Martin Straka, 2011

Other Bonuses:

The Void - Bonus Content (parts 1-5)

Indie Gala Mobile 2

Start Date: July 18, 2012
End Date: July 25, 2012
Total Raised: $20,425.83
Total Purchased: 4,028
Average Price: $6.24

Games Offered:

android-icon.png
The Lost Souls
android-icon.png
Battle Group
android-icon.png
desura.png
Ichi
android-icon.png
Xelorians
android-icon.png
Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Lands
android-icon.png
Little Stars for Little Wars 2
android-icon.png
Tiny Plumbers
desura.png
Spin Deluxe
desura.png
Cute Things Dying Violently
android-icon.png
N-Back (BTA)

Music Offered: (all BTA)

"Little Stars for Little Wars 2 OST" - Trevor Golas, 2012
"Arcade" - Im Cwazy, 2012
"Viper EP" - F-777, 2012
Tiny Plumbers OST
"Spin Deluxe OST" - IZucken, 2012

Indie Gala 7

Start Date: July 27, 2012
End Date: August 12, 2012
Total Raised: $90,373.89
Total Purchased: 25,409
Average Price: $6.29
Group Buy thread [subject to change]: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:

Rig N' Roll
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Space Rangers
Unlocks Second Week Unlocked Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943

Beat the Average:
Death to Spies
Death To Spies: Moment of Truth
King's Bounty Armored Princess
UFO Afterlight
Unlocks Second Week Unlocked Star Wolves

Secret Bonuses: (all BTA)

NONE

Indie Gala 8

Start Date: August 28, 2012
End Date:
Total Raised:
Total Purchased:
Average Price:
Group Buy thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325538

Games Offered:

Dangerous Waters
:pc: Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness
:pc: Sentinel 3: Homeworld
:pc: Superstars V8 Racing

Beat the Average:
Ghost Master
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Space Empires V
Sacred Gold
:pc: Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Secret Bonuses: (all BTA)

Unlock Second Week

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']OP edited. I don't have a droid phone, so I guess I'm not getting this one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I don't have an Android phone, so I'll pass. Though if there's need later, I might be willing to host a group buy and sell all 4 bundles. But I expect that we'll have somebody else picking up the slack in that regard.

[quote name='Mike UFC']I'm going to wait for the Happy Hour of course, though I'd consider buying it just for Call of Cthulhu.[/QUOTE]
Me too... but $5 for a single droid game is way more than I want to pay.

What are all the games in this one? I wouldn't ask but their page is not loading well on my old work computer. The chat window is taking up half the screen and I can't move it.

Also, is it just mobile games or are there any Steam/Desura games included?

D'OH NM it's in the OP.

Lastly, dare I even bring up the Galapoints?

I've heard good things about CoC so when I get home and can access the site properly I will probably buy this one.

There's also a PC version of CoC. I don't believe it's on Desura but still even a DRM free download of it would be nice. Someone should bug them about that.

[quote name='sunghost']So uh.. do any of these activate on Desura aside from Ichi which has been in like 3 bundles?[/QUOTE]

Two of the bonus games (bottom right of the page) activate on Desura I think. (They have a desura logo above them).

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Two of the bonus games (bottom right of the page) activate on Desura I think. (They have a desura logo above them).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I see it now. Page wasn't displaying properly before but now it's fixed.

Just snagged this as the games look interesting and will be a good set to bring along with my TF300.

Will be up for hosting a happy hour when the time comes.

I'm new to the Indie Gala thing, but I was able to pick up 4 gift copies for $5 and beat the average. Anybody need in on it still?

[quote name='mink-e']I'm new to the Indie Gala thing, but I was able to pick up 4 gift copies for $5 and beat the average. Anybody need in on it still?[/QUOTE]

Nice, how do I get in on it? I only ever bought Humble Bundles, never tried Indie Gala.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Nice, how do I get in on it? I only ever bought Humble Bundles, never tried Indie Gala.[/QUOTE]

Just shoot me a PM and I'll get you in on it. I've got one spot left in this happy hour deal.

Second round of hosting is closed, but I picked up a third bundle of gifts. Still 3 spots available if anybody is still interested.

I have no problems with you conducting the group-buy here. Lord knows I'd be a major hypocrite if I did have a problem with it. But do you really need to post so many posts in a row?

If you want to bump the thread, delete an older obsolete post then post your new info. It has the same effect as mass bumping, but there are no obvious signs of the mass bumping.

[quote name='The End']I have no problems with you conducting the group-buy here. Lord knows I'd be a major hypocrite if I did have a problem with it. But do you really need to post so many posts in a row?

If you want to bump the thread, delete an older obsolete post then post your new info. It has the same effect as mass bumping, but there are no obvious signs of the mass bumping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that. It's a great idea and I'll do a mass self-edit right now.

EDIT
Ok, now that I've cleaned up the mess, I think I'm just going to list the number of spots available in a given group buy and keep it updated in this post. PM me if you're interested, and I'll keep buying more bundles as long as CAGs are interested or until Happy Hour finally ends. I'll keep the number updated and will note when we're at the end of Happy Hour (ie last call).

Current Group Buy Spots Open - 1

Ok, now that I've cleaned up the mess, I think I'm just going to list the number of spots available in a given group buy and keep it updated in this post. PM me if you're interested, and I'll keep buying more bundles as long as CAGs are interested or until Happy Hour finally ends. I'll keep the number updated and will note when we're at the end of Happy Hour (ie last call).

Current Group Buy Spots Open - 1

Question on the Mobile bundle: Does anybody know whether there's any way to parlay the Android copy of Call of Cthulhu into a Windows copy? I don't have a smartphone and have no interest in any of the games on offer except CoC: The Wasted Land, but, of course, I'd need a copy for PC. It might be worth grabbing this bundle if this is possible, otherwise it's a no-brainer to pass on it.

[quote name='warreni']Question on the Mobile bundle: Does anybody know whether there's any way to parlay the Android copy of Call of Cthulhu into a Windows copy? I don't have a smartphone and have no interest in any of the games on offer except CoC: The Wasted Land, but, of course, I'd need a copy for PC. It might be worth grabbing this bundle if this is possible, otherwise it's a no-brainer to pass on it.[/QUOTE]

Not as far as I know (unless you can install it on Ouya down the road sometime :p). I mentioned when the bundle first hit that someone should ask the Gala guys about that but I don't know if anyone did.

The only real way to do so would be to install an emulator at this point and I'm pretty sure that would be illegal and harder to find for Android apps. Not worth the risk, imo.

[quote name='randomdud']The only real way to do so would be to install an emulator at this point and I'm pretty sure that would be illegal and harder to find for Android apps. Not worth the risk, imo.[/QUOTE]

You can do virtual machine on the PC with the Android SDK and it's legal but last time I tried it, it was slow as hell.

Bluestacks runs better and it's also legal but I haven't tried it for a while and can't specifically speak to how CoC runs on it. Not sure how the touch controls would translate to the mouse either.

Android is open source so I don't think any sort of emulation or what not is illegal. I think it's more a question of how well it would run with the Android version emulated on the PC. Obviously the native PC version, which exists, would be more ideal.

[quote name='Motoki']You can do virtual machine on the PC with the Android SDK and it's legal but last time I tried it, it was slow as hell.

Bluestacks runs better and it's also legal but I haven't tried it for a while and can't specifically speak to how CoC runs on it. Not sure how the touch controls would translate to the mouse either.

Android is open source so I don't think any sort of emulation or what not is illegal. I think it's more a question of how well it would run with the Android version emulated on the PC. Obviously the native PC version, which exists, would be more ideal.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah. I was confusing my OS requirements up. Haven't managed to find a good Android runtime emulator without being inside a dev kit, so if anyone manages to find one please PM me. ALso, touch screen is usally completely mouse based on emulators.

Edit: Not very good mouse-based unless the controls are simple, usually.

[quote name='aus_nacht']so now I've got 4 spare bundles. Other than giving them to friends what are people doing with the extras?[/QUOTE]

I've been buying extra gift bundles and selling them here to CAGs at right around what I paid for them (I think I'm about a dollar or two up from what I've paid for 3 sets of bundles). It's a nice way to help out fellow CAGs. I've got one gift pack and worst case scenario I'll just give it to a friend if I don't sell it. There's a Group Buy Hosting FAQ on the first page of this thread.

[quote name='randomdud']The only real way to do so would be to install an emulator at this point and I'm pretty sure that would be illegal and harder to find for Android apps. Not worth the risk, imo.[/QUOTE]
...risk at installing an emulator from a SDK...wow, I'm saddened by people's assumptions of things just based on the word "emulator"...

[quote name='Motoki']Android is open source so I don't think any sort of emulation or what not is illegal. I think it's more a question of how well it would run with the Android version emulated on the PC. Obviously the native PC version, which exists, would be more ideal.[/QUOTE]
^I bet you are just biting your tongue so bad holding back :lol:

Additionally, emulation is not illegal unless they use the intellectual property of the original owner. In most cases with emulation this amounts to if the reverse engineered the original platform or used leaked source code, etc. Many emulators are built from the ground up and do not do this and are not illegal.

The ROM is sketchier because its legal if you own a copy of the game. However, if you are in the states, depending on your interpretation of the DMCA it could be illegal even if you own it as you are potentially circumventing DRM. However, the DMCA also allows the use of personal backup. This is really the problem with the DMCA is that it doesn't say anything, its all up to the interpretation of the judge etc and that may be intentional.

In this case you own the game, are not modifying it or circumventing DRM. You are running an open source emulator. It is completely legal.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...risk at installing an emulator from a SDK...wow, I'm saddened by people's assumptions of things just based on the word "emulator"...

^I bet you are just biting your tongue so bad holding back :lol:[/QUOTE]
I already posted that I was wrong and mixed up my OS's, so you felt the need to bring this up again why? You just come off as an unpleasant person with this kind of comment...

[quote name='pROvIs']Additionally, emulation is not illegal unless they use the intellectual property of the original owner. In most cases with emulation this amounts to if the reverse engineered the original platform or used leaked source code, etc. Many emulators are built from the ground up and do not do this and are not illegal.

The ROM is sketchier because its legal if you own a copy of the game. However, if you are in the states, depending on your interpretation of the DMCA it could be illegal even if you own it as you are potentially circumventing DRM. However, the DMCA also allows the use of personal backup. This is really the problem with the DMCA is that it doesn't say anything, its all up to the interpretation of the judge etc and that may be intentional.

In this case you own the game, are not modifying it or circumventing DRM. You are running an open source emulator. It is completely legal.[/QUOTE]
Fantastic explanation, and glad you bring up DMCA interpretations and ROMs being mostly legal (depending on region).

[quote name='randomdud']I already posted that I was wrong and mixed up my OS's, so you felt the need to bring this up again why? You just come off as an unpleasant person with this kind of comment...[/QUOTE]
...mixing up OSs has nothing to do with understanding emulation is not flat out illegal. And I'm just bringing up your ignorance, I'm not attacking your character like you are mine by calling my an unpleasant person. Not getting into an argument here, but flat fact is: many people, yourself included, are ignorant of the legality of various things (in this case emulation). I'm just stating that, using you as an example.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Fantastic explanation, and glad you bring up DMCA interpretations and ROMs being mostly legal (depending on region).

...mixing up OSs has nothing to do with understanding emulation is not flat out illegal. And I'm just bringing up your ignorance, I'm not attacking your character like you are mine by calling my an unpleasant person. Not getting into an argument here, but flat fact is: many people, yourself included, are ignorant of the legality of various things (in this case emulation). I'm just stating that, using you as an example.[/QUOTE]
You're assuming too many false thoughts from my original statement. 1. I never said all emulation is illegal. 2. I commented on the legality of Android emulation alone, while I was thinking of another OS and their EULA. 3. I did not mean to attack your character, rather point out the way you phrased your reply, which could quite easily be taken poorly.

...hmmmm, there seems to be several posts missing. Whichever mod thought that they needed to be removed needs to learn to read before blindly deleting posts for keywords.

That said, since the posts mentioning it were removed, here is a link for those interested trying to run these android games on windows
http://developer.android.com/tools/help/emulator.html

Just a notice to mods...look at the url, pretty official right? I see NO REASON this needs to be removed. I can understand the legal talk about other things (even though it was nothing more than that), but this is straight from the android website. Lets just watch and see this post deleted though.

It's because any time you mention M U Later mods on forums FREAK THE HELL OUT ban people, lock and delete posts and go completely nuts. I've seen it many many times.

They can't get it in their heads that there is such a thing as legal M U Lay Shun and no matter how many times you try to explain it rationally they will not listen. People have this mental block about it and in particular forum mods.

Hell, what do you think Sega is doing with all those old Genesis game they are hocking at Steam and other places.

Besides which, Android is totally open source. Google wants people to mess around with it.

Anyway, TL;DR there's probably was to get these Android games that people who buy this bundle legitimately and legally own to work on the PC, but they are a pain and may not necessarily run the best.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...hmmmm, there seems to be several posts missing. Whichever mod thought that they needed to be removed needs to learn to read before blindly deleting posts for keywords.

That said, since the posts mentioning it were removed, here is a link for those interested trying to run these android games on windows
http://developer.android.com/tools/help/emulator.html

Just a notice to mods...look at the url, pretty official right? I see NO REASON this needs to be removed. I can understand the legal talk about other things (even though it was nothing more than that), but this is straight from the android website. Lets just watch and see this post deleted though.[/QUOTE]Sorry to disappoint.

[quote name='Motoki']It's because any time you mention M U Later mods on forums FREAK THE HELL OUT ban people, lock and delete posts and go completely nuts. I've seen it many many times.

They can't get it in their heads that there is such a thing as legal M U Lay Shun and no matter how many times you try to explain it rationally they will not listen. People have this mental block about it and in particular forum mods. [/QUOTE]Nice generalization. Irony, much?

Out of curiosity, why was my post about hosting group buys deleted? I thought I had cleaned up my mess quite nicely. If I wasn't supposed to post, I guess it's ok. I'd just like to know what I did wrong.

[quote name='mink-e']Out of curiosity, why was my post about hosting group buys deleted? I thought I had cleaned up my mess quite nicely. If I wasn't supposed to post, I guess it's ok. I'd just like to know what I did wrong.[/QUOTE]

Apparently these threads aren't a "super secret society" where we get to break the rules with reckless abandon, so the mods have not so kindly asked us to start a trade/group buy thread for each bundle and post any group buys/trades only in that thread in the trade forum or risk post deletion and internets bans and wrath, lots and lots of wrath.

Alrighty then! I guess I'll start one up later tonight. Is there any way to get that updated in the OP? I checked and didn't see anything saying as much.

[quote name='mink-e']Alrighty then! I guess I'll start one up later tonight. Is there any way to get that updated in the OP? I checked and didn't see anything saying as much.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I don't think many people are hosting for this one, so if you'd like to make the topic and link it in the OP and reference the topic in a post later you can. The OP is a wiki entry, so anyone can edit it (although I ask you to not destroy the sexiness I created when you add the link ;)).

I'm honestly not surprised about having to make our own group buy threads for these; I used to do that for each bundle. I get the occasional PM about two year old group buys, even. :lol:

[quote name='Blade']Good idea. I don't think many people are hosting for this one, so if you'd like to make the topic and link it in the OP and reference the topic in a post later you can. The OP is a wiki entry, so anyone can edit it (although I ask you to not destroy the sexiness I created when you add the link ;)).

I'm honestly not surprised about having to make our own group buy threads for these; I used to do that for each bundle. I get the occasional PM about two year old group buys, even. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. Once I'm done with the evening's festivities, I'll create the thread.

Why do the mods keep deleting my offers for group buys? I don't see a separate page on the OP and the OP specifically mentions group buys. I just purchased first and thought I'd help some people out.

I've hosted like 6 of these group buys on the steam group pages and it's been no issue.

I've set up a thread in the trading forum. aus_nacht, you are more than welcome to post in there if you'd like. Blade, I stole some information from the OP just regarding the contents of the pack with a link back to this thread. I couldn't bring myself to steal any of the sexy formatting you brought :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back