The invisible first post OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I want that. A couple of weeks back I tried going back to play GHWT for a handful of the exclusive songs that I really like and it wasn't that fun.

(Why aren't The Doors in Rock Band? :cry:)

73.jpg

18stanvan.jpg

The Magic have the worst pregame introductions I have ever seen. They had a Puff the Magic dragon bootleg with a shitty noisemaker at half court ringing the fuck out of that shit when they were introducing the players.

[quote name='munch']GHWT is absolutely awful.[/QUOTE]

I played through GH3 once... I've played through GH2 and GH so many times I've lost count. I don't think it's just the music -- whatever Neversoft/Activision did to the series, I don't like it at all -- to the point where I haven't had the desire to play GH:WT or GH:M.

[quote name='DT778']The Magic have the worst pregame introductions I have ever seen. They had a Puff the Magic dragon bootleg with a shitty noisemaker at half court ringing the fuck out of that shit when they were introducing the players.[/QUOTE]:lol:

For me, it's the presentation. Rock Band does it so well. After playing RB, it's hard to go to Guitar Hero. I absolutely HATE how you have to go through all of their songs. The way RB does it is fresh.

Mojimbo, I don't know how much you would want to sell the guitar for, but I would be willing to buy it off of you. That is really all I want out of the bundle. I never play drums, don't need the game, and I just got the Lips mics.

I remember when I first got GH3, I was like what the fuck did they do to this game? GH2 was SO good, GH3 was pretty terrible, especially the ridiculous difficulty/fake notes.

And now that RB has DLC across all games, I see no reason to go to GH again.

I played like 7 songs in WT and was done with it. It really sucks that GH does get some really good songs that I never get to play because of how shitty their game is. If that Def Lep pack was in RB X and I would make Trakan play that shit non stop.

[quote name='lordwow']I remember when I first got GH3, I was like what the fuck did they do to this game? GH2 was SO good, GH3 was pretty terrible, especially the ridiculous difficulty/fake notes.

And now that RB has DLC across all games, I see no reason to go to GH again.[/QUOTE]

All games? Don't you just mean 1&2? Cause the Beatles game is independent and I'm not sure where the LEGO game comes in at this point.

Metallica was the first GH game I had played since GH2 and I was amazed at how far behind they still were on the HUD. Rock Band's HUD has a nice design so that you can see how many stars you have without losing focus on the note highway.

I still have no idea what the hell they were thinking with the way they handled co-op star power, as the entire group has one star power meter and you can only use about half of a light at a time instead of everyone having their own star power to use at their will.

Noted, Casey. If it's wireless and not like the RB1 guitar I may keep it, though.

He means the real games, corrosivefrost.

It's definitely wireless, jimbo. I just prefer the Les Paul. It might not be sturdier, but the Les Paul feels that way. Plus, I like the click.

And :rofl: at DarthPuma putting frosty on blast.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I canceled my order for that TV because you guys weren't wowed enough.

And got this instead:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UAEWUS/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

It's the same TV, only bigger. ::bows::

Temporaryscars: A one man economy stimulating army.
[/QUOTE]

You went with the panasonic over the samsung? Or did you do so because you could go to 50" instead of 46"?

And get a wall mount for that bitch. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']All games? Don't you just mean 1&2? Cause the Beatles game is independent and I'm not sure where the LEGO game comes in at this point.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure LEGO will be cross-compatible, I think that Beatles is a special case that they needed to limit the songs in order to get the rights to them.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You went with the panasonic over the samsung? Or did you do so because you could go to 50" instead of 46"?

And get a wall mount for that bitch. :)[/QUOTE]

I went with the Panasonic because I wanted to give Plasma a try and when it comes to Plasmas: Panasonic > Samsung.

The Samsung I was considering didn't use Samsung panels but outsourced them, unfortunately. To get a good Samsung, I would have had to gone with the 6 series and they all have 120 hz, something that, to me, isn't worth the extra $500.

I don't remember one from the PS3 guitar I used. I felt like I wasn't hitting the notes, though I was. I've just becoming conditioned to hearing the click and having that mean I hit it.

Dayum. I hate it when you're texting a girl, you think it's going well, you ask her what she's doing tomorrow, and she drops the bombshell of "hanging out with *guy that isn't me*". :cry:

[quote name='munch']Guitar Hero Smash Hits :cool:[/QUOTE]

:cool:

[quote name='Mojimbo']I'm not sure if I want that. A couple of weeks back I tried going back to play GHWT for a handful of the exclusive songs that I really like and it wasn't that fun.

(Why aren't The Doors in Rock Band? :cry:)[/QUOTE]

I tried playing it again, and I got bored super quickly. Making you pay for new gigs is stupid.

[quote name='munch']GHWT is absolutely awful.[/QUOTE]

For the most part. There are some good songs.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I played through GH3 once... I've played through GH2 and GH so many times I've lost count. I don't think it's just the music -- whatever Neversoft/Activision did to the series, I don't like it at all -- to the point where I haven't had the desire to play GH:WT or GH:M.[/QUOTE]

GH:M is actually really, really good, and not just because I like Metallica. It fixes a lot of 3 and WT's mistakes.

[quote name='munch']For me, it's the presentation. Rock Band does it so well. After playing RB, it's hard to go to Guitar Hero. I absolutely HATE how you have to go through all of their songs. The way RB does it is fresh.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I played like 7 songs in WT and was done with it. It really sucks that GH does get some really good songs that I never get to play because of how shitty their game is. If that Def Lep pack was in RB X and I would make Trakan play that shit non stop.[/QUOTE]

I barely touched the game.

[quote name='munch']The RB2 guitar isn't as bad as the original one. Still, the Les Paul is best, IMO.[/QUOTE]

The RB2 guitar lets the game automatically calibrate lag, so I like it, but I still play with the Les Paul.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Noted, Casey. If it's wireless and not like the RB1 guitar I may keep it, though.

He means the real games, corrosivefrost.[/QUOTE]

You should at least keep the guitar to calibrate lag with. It does it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back